Nas - Streets Disciple

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ashley Olsen = Yes | Mary-Kate Olsen = No
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
32 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Cancel your plans: Rare black moon could mean end of world
100 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Give It
1 Mic 53 3.97%
2 Mics 34 2.55%
3 Mics 119 8.92%
4 Mics 408 30.58%
5 Mics 720 53.97%
Voters: 1334. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-16-2004, 12:53 AM         #21
mykro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3.5 tops! Some of you are going a little crazy with your 5's! This aint even his best work.
 12 years ago '04        #22
lostkauze 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,432 | Props total: 1244 1244
a solid 4 effort, the reason why some people are hyping it up so much is cause the good tracks are REALLY GOOD, like live now, **** picnic, ubr, message to the feds etc. there are some yawners but the good ones are really damn good. but like i said a deserving 4 stars and sadly enough, 4 stars in todays music climate damn near warrants classic status. smh
 12 years ago '04        #23
Mike Lyricalone 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,284 | Props total: 10 10
Disc 1

Intro- Good

A Message to the feds, Sincerely, we The people- Hot a.ss Beat Im Feelin This, Bopping Music, lyrics are on Point, Flow Is Great, Everything is good on this track....Really Hot, Great Starter Song

Nazareth Savage- Beat Is Bumpin, sh*ts Hot, Lyrics are Good, Flow is on Point, Good fu*kin Song Here, Lovin This Everything Is good On Here, and it dont have a hook on it either which is amazing

American Way- Beat Is Decent, Sounds Like Rebel From The Underground From 2pac, Lyrics are True, The Hook Is Iight, This Sounds Like Some Old School Though, This Song Is Better Then mosh, Most Defitnetley

**** Picnic ( These Are Our Heros )- Beat Iight, Lyrics Are Good....He Talks Bout A Couple Of people....Kobe Bryant, Puff etc..., Hook Is Not Bad, Im Really Feelin The Track, Real sh*t....Another Good Song On Here

Disciple- Beat Is Iight, Lyrics are on Point, Hook is Simple....Not A Bad Track To Listin To, But Im Pretty Sure This Is The Filler Track on The Album, But the song is hot....Another Song Thats Good

Sekou Story- Beat Sounds Like and Eminem Beat to Me For Some Reason, Anyways Good Story Enjoyed the Track alot, Everything Seems Like it layed out perfrect I Like It ... sh*ts Nice

Live Now- Im Feelin The Beat On This, Hot a.ss Lyrics On Here, Hook Is Hot Also...like the breakdown in the middle of the track, he did a good job, definite repeat on this teack.. hot sh*t

Rest Of My Life- His Beat Choices Are Unusual I Like That.... Lyrics Are Good, Hook Is Nice, This Song Is On Repeat For me....Really Need To Listin To This Track its Really Good, Have no problem with it

Just a Moment- Beat Is Decent- First Dude Came Nice, Lyrics are Good...Feelin The Hook On This, Nas Came Hot On Here, 3rd Verse By Dude Was Hot Also.....Really Good Track, Basically this Track is about Lost Ones

Reason- Beat Is Good, Is Sound Like This Is Produced a little Diffrently, like not good quality as in, it wasnt mastered, but The Lyrics are nice...Hook is Pretty Good, Im Feelin The Track Overall sh*t Is Hot....cant knock the song

You Know My Style- Haha I Liked This Song When I Heard The Sampler, Beat Sounds Like oldschool Hip Hop sh*t, Lyrics are Hot...Hook Sounds straight but i like it....Every Body Talkin Bout The New Nas Song, sh*t Is A Hot Track....Good sh*t here

Disc 2

suicide Bounce- Beat Is Hard Hitting, Bustas On The Hook I Believe, But This Track is IIght, the lyrics are good, the hook is good, it aint a bad track....

Street's Disciple- Beat Is Iight on this, Old School Track Type here...Lyrics are Good on here, the hook is a sample, can't remember it...but the track is alright not gonna listin to this that much but its a good track.....

U.B.R ( Unauthorized Biography of Rakim )- Beat Is Simple, But its Iight...Lyrics Are Hot, im Feelin The Track, Really Good Through The Hole Thing ...Hot Track For Me...

Virgo- Beat Is Beat Boxed Hot sh*t by doug e fresh, Bumpin Track, Im Feelin This Track Very Diffrent To Me, Nas was on It, Luda Japped On Here Also, sh*t was A Hot Track, Im Put This On Repeat

Remember The Time (Intro)- Good

Remember The Time - This Is A Really Good Track....Like The Concept, The BEat Choice Isnt Bad At all, Lyrics are Good....Nice Stories, Hook Is Eh.....But Im Feelin This Song

The Makings Of A Perfect bi*ch- Good Track, Beat is Hot, Lyrics are Hot, Hook is Hot
Just A Hot Track, Nuff' Said

Getting Married- Like This Track, He Really Loves His Girl...Got 3 Tracks in a Row Bout How He Loves Her, But THis Has To Be the best one out of the 3, Lyrics are on Point, Hook is Straight....Lovin The Track Though, The Beat is Somethin I want to spit over, Good a.ss Track Though, Lovin It

No One Else In The Room- Ehh On This Track, THis Might Be The Track I Dont Like On The Hole Album, It Straight You Know, Maxwell is on the hook its good, Lyrics are straight, its about a his wife again, 4 straight in a row, but i mean more power to him, but its an alright track to me

Bridging The Gap- Im Pretty Sure Ya'll Heard This Already....Good Song

War- Wow... Nuff' Said

Me And You (Dedicated To Destiny)- Hot Track, Lyrics Are Straight, Hook Is Nice, Im Feelin The Song On This Track

Thiefs Theme- Im Pretty Sure Ya'll Heard This Already....Not To Bad

[B]Overall: Album Of The Year....He Really Did Good On this album, No Commercial, Real sh*t Basically, Stories Are Good, Lyrics are layed Down Nice, This Is A Most Definant Album To Get

Best Song On The Album:

Disc 1: All The Songs Were Good
Disc 2: suicide Bounce, U.B.R, Virgo...Getting Married, War, Me and You

Beats: Very Diffrent And Unusual...and I Liked Them

Flow: Like Nas flow is Always

Chorus: Really Didnt To Have Many of them....but the ones he did was ok, not the best but i liked alot of them

Lyrics- They Are On Point...Good

4.5/5, A Must Get Album
 12 years ago '04        #24
strat 
space
space
space
$87 | Props total: 31 31
Very mature intelligent hip hop album. Esco is truly in a zone not constrained by label politics and truly speaks his mind as if hes in a barber shop not a studio. Great fu*king album. This is a step ur rap game up moment in hip hop.
 12 years ago '04        #25
strat 
space
space
space
$87 | Props total: 31 31
Oh yeah and aint making of the perfect bi*ch hella real talk. U always wanna upgrade ur gurl, like if only her t*ts were a lil bigger.... sh*t is bangin
 11-16-2004, 01:37 AM         #26
vampire xtc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SOLID 4mic'r

i think many heads are to hype to rte it yet

disc 2 drags this sh*t down alot

nazareth savage = crazy though

its a 4mic lp def alot fo weak cuts on the 2nd disc

cd1 > cd2
 12 years ago '04        #27
rasheedwallace 33 heat pts33
space
space
$21,629 | Props total: 4147 4147
one word...REAL.

Something hip-hop has missed. God bless Nas for dropping something other than the BET bullsh*t flooding the industry these days.

Remember The Times, Live Now, Reason, Rest of My Life, War....great songs. The only way this album could be better would be to combine the best tracks on one disc.

Every song is good, but i have to admit i will skip through a few of them just due to personal lack of liking the beat or whatever...Overall a great effort from Nas. We knew he had this in him, he just needed to experience all of the bullsh*t to realize what kind of music he is supposed to make...No more Nastradamus sh*t for the radio, im liking his direction.

Overall, i say 4.5 mics.

Im critical as fu*k about my music, so a 4.5 from me is saying something in my opinion....lol. I think we cant compare this sh*t to Illmatic, cause times are different. Introspective sh*t for a different generation.

My two cents anyway. Given ive only put about 2 hours of listening time on it so far.

Im actually buying this, as i did God's Son. If you put out good music ill support you. And the RIAA wonders why i download sh*t like Lil Jon....sh*t, lol.

OnE.
 11-16-2004, 02:20 AM         #28
raspyshit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this be some next level sh*t ... 5 mics ... strong album
 12 years ago '04        #29
JIGGY 
space
space
$1,530 | Props total: 0 0
4.5 Man this album remind me of true old school Hip Hop!!! That old school flavor is k!lling the album!!! Nas best since Illmatic!!!
 12 years ago '04        #30
lostkauze 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,432 | Props total: 1244 1244
 rasheedwallace said:
one word...REAL.

Something hip-hop has missed. God bless Nas for dropping something other than the BET bullsh*t flooding the industry these days.

Remember The Times, Live Now, Reason, Rest of My Life, War....great songs. The only way this album could be better would be to combine the best tracks on one disc.

Every song is good, but i have to admit i will skip through a few of them just due to personal lack of liking the beat or whatever...Overall a great effort from Nas. We knew he had this in him, he just needed to experience all of the bullsh*t to realize what kind of music he is supposed to make...No more Nastradamus sh*t for the radio, im liking his direction.

Overall, i say 4.5 mics.

Im critical as fu*k about my music, so a 4.5 from me is saying something in my opinion....lol. I think we cant compare this sh*t to Illmatic, cause times are different. Introspective sh*t for a different generation.

My two cents anyway. Given ive only put about 2 hours of listening time on it so far.

Im actually buying this, as i did God's Son. If you put out good music ill support you. And the RIAA wonders why i download sh*t like Lil Jon....sh*t, lol.

OnE.
gotta give props to another reppin oregon, i stay down in eugene myself, what it do cuz
 12 years ago '04        #31
rasheedwallace 33 heat pts33
space
space
$21,629 | Props total: 4147 4147
 lostkauze said:
gotta give props to another reppin oregon, i stay down in eugene myself, what it do cuz

ahhhh, rite on. P-Town stand up. Peace cousin :cool:
 12 years ago '04        #32
mybloodsbrown 
space
space
space
$381 | Props total: 0 0
So far I got thru the whole 1st CD. And it's all dope. Funny how cats get on here talking about "how" fake Nas is....What difference does it make man...It's entertainment (right)? That's what makes ppl so dumb b/c they want to see somebody do some stupid sh*t to say yeah that n*gga a thug. No man that's dumb...ask Mystikal, C-murder, Pimp-C, Steady B, etc. Some of yall waaayyyyy too young to rember Steady B.

Hell ODB spent years of his life in jail now he dead...that's the whole sh*t that don't make no sense.

But the 1st disk is tight...it's good music....now Im moving on to disk 2
 11-16-2004, 06:26 AM         #33
JEKY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
after the first listen its 4 mics and its real good but probably needs a few more listens to come to a final rating.

any of you guys think he should have kept it to one cd as i reckon it would have been a classic but its still a heavy album easily best of the year.
 11-16-2004, 07:14 AM         #34
Father Aftermath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 Mics, album of year.
 11-16-2004, 07:51 AM         #35
Father Aftermath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He really put his all into this album. I think it would have been alot better if there was more tracks. The prodctuin is crazy on both discs, I think the first disc is better tho
 12 years ago '04        #36
Greaterthanthou 
space
space
space
$222 | Props total: 0 0
i must be missing something.. im the biggest Nas fan and i feel let down. Thief's theme and Nazereth Savage are fu*kin sick! but where are all the other hard hitting tracks with grimey beats.. where are the tracks like 'nas is like', 'get down', 'made u look', 'NY state of mind pt. 2'??? this sh*t is a let down for real, the album is not balanced enough... too many slow tracks..

3 mics... but it may grow on me...
 12 years ago '04        #37
willi150 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,380 | Props total: 73 73
This sh*t is another classic
 11-16-2004, 08:39 AM         #38
kjigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
reminds me of bp2;if he took his best tracks and put them on one disc, guaranteed classic...otherwise i give it a 3.5

Last edited by kjigga; 11-16-2004 at 08:40 AM..
 11-16-2004, 08:47 AM         #39
Skin Whitey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the only ones who gave it one mic are kids who havent hit puberty or dipset fans...
 12 years ago '04        #40
jdawgkemp 
space
space
$2,136 | Props total: 0 0
5 mics, best album of 2004...period
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
164 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
172 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That's the most beautiful ass I've ever seen
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
69 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside OFFFICAL: Dom Kennedy "Los Angeles Not For Sale Vol. 1 (Anticipation/Di..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA If these careers ended today, are any HOF worthy?
114 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 27 - Devastating video reveals how the undecided reacted to Trump’s..
47 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy