The Official Nas-Untitled Album Thread/ 180k 1st week sales

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like the album? and How old are you?
Yes, Good Album! Age <18 21 16.80%
Nope, shit was awful Age <18 0 0%
Yes, Good Album Age 19-23 72 57.60%
Nope, shit was awful Age 19-23 5 4.00%
Yes, Good Album Age 24< 24 19.20%
Nope, shit was awful Age 24< 3 2.40%
Voters: 125. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-03-2008, 01:44 AM         #161
rahuLL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt like all that singing on Were Not Alone

finished listening to the album, solid 4-4.5/5
 9 years ago '04        #162
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,269 | Props total: 2840 2840
damn CD is like a getaway... amazing
 9 years ago '05        #163
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,929 | Props total: 10791 10791
Ain't hear it yet.
 9 years ago '07        #164
NasIsThaBest19 
space
space
$1,033 | Props total: 0 0
 CTre said:
damn CD is like a getaway... amazing
 C.R.I.P. said:
damn man...this album is so fu*king good.

its nice to hear somebody who cares about their artistry
 Addled Thoughts said:
I really liked "HHID" when it came out. Some of those songs seemed epic to me, but after the initial release came and went it kind of died down and the hype surrounding it subsided, resulting in 3.5 out of 5 album with 5-mic songs.

So, with this upcoming, all the hype surrounding the title and deviating from focusing on music, I had no expectations what-so-ever other than what to expect topically.

All I have to say is ... Damn. Seriously, this is quite possibly the most socially conscious CD to be released on a major label in some time. Yes, the production on a few of the songs is lacking and somewhat dull -- "Breathe," "Make the World Go 'Round" -- which is usual with some Nas songs, but as the man before me stated: "Did Nas find the fountain of youth? He hasn't spit like this in years." Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Then again to counteract that Nas has songs like "America," and "Hero" that feature incredibly contemporary beats that seem progressive -- especially for him. Couple that with the pseudo-live instrumentation of "We're Not Alone," "Sly Fox," "Fried Chicken," and "Louis Farrakhan," and you have Nas' best produced album since "It Was Written".

Topically he's on another level. Usually albums of this nature have huge promise and the artists profess to fulfill their intent to make an album that touches on the title and delve into issues of that nature and fall incredibly short. This time, not the case.

Whatever the title of this album is, the intent is fulfilled and it has come to fruition. After four listens, it has grown from a 4 mic album to a 4.5. Now all it will take is time to see if this is truly Nas' true, undeniable second 5-Mic classic LP.

It's pretty close -- even more so when a song entitled "Fried Chicken," correlates with the title while detailing the love of a food while seeming entirely satirical as it explains the detriment it does to our biological clock.
 07-03-2008, 02:24 AM         #165
FeRNFReSH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
song is absolute FIRE. everybody needs to BUY this album!
 9 years ago '04        #166
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
Was gonna download but fu*k, cant wait Im listening to it now.

That fu*kin intro.. wow.

Nas just came on some different, epic sh*t. Easily, the GOAT. How could he not be?

Im gonna buy this album the first day it drops. Gotta support my guy
 9 years ago '05        #167
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
man this is what the game needed man for real..yall please listen to what this dude is sayin damn..and aint this his last album come on yall . make sure u go cop this sh*t for real
 07-03-2008, 02:44 AM         #168
FeRNFReSH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got my first listen in just now also.. nas is the best lyricist ever. among the best ever as just a poet. if they ever put out a book of his verses i'd buy as many as i could and just start giving em out. i would list the tracks im feeling but its pretty much the whole CD top to bottom. i've ALWAYS had jay one then nas two as GOAT, but with this one i dunno.. i gotta go 1a 1b.
 9 years ago '05        #169
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,929 | Props total: 10791 10791
Yeah I can't wait for it.
 9 years ago '08        #170
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,648 | Props total: 2168 2168
Here`s a another classic.....
 9 years ago '06        #171
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,241 | Props total: 627 627
Damn I really wanted to wait it out and buy it but I cant help my self. Ima go d/l this right now.

still gotta but it on drop day though I just wont open it.
 9 years ago '05        #172
habib 
space
space
space
$720 | Props total: 0 0
all i have to say is wow this is the best ive heard nas spit in a long long long fu*kin time
 07-03-2008, 06:10 AM         #173
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one thing is for certain...nas has unplugged,and is no longer scared...if even half of the world did this...there would be such a shift in the world that nothing would look the same...and THAT is what scares the powers that be...

you gotta understand essentially what nas has done with this album...he has questioned all of those things that the media always tell's you to either a. not question,or b. tell you you're wrong for siding with.....he has backed louis farrakhan....someone who has always been about the freedom of the black mind,and the minds of people in general...but because of his beliefs about certain jewish ideologies has been seen as a hate monger...not only making a song about this,but also aligning himself in the same mold as is BOLD as fu*k

nas also goes on to challenge peoples mind with the acceptance of aliens..which i suppose as the years pass maybe more people are becoming accepting of...but nas even goes so far as to say he's actually seen an alien ship,and horse can vouch for him....this might sound wild at first,but you have to think about how many people have said the exact same thing....there are websites by the national armies of countries set up specifically for alien sightings that have verified millions of pictures of alien crafts...this is something that most don't want to deal with,but that is something very real...not many people have the balls to talk about this...especially a hip hop artist...

on testify nas is questioning your loyalty to the words in which you praise him for...would you really f!ght for those things?...would you stand beside him,and f!ght....or is it all just entertainment?....this directly relate to what's going on in the black community....with all the talk where is the action?....if someone tomorrow started a movement that worked...would people change their ways?....would they be able to disassociate themselves from the diseased mindstate that we've all been conditioned to have?....a question we all at some point have to ask ourselves...

on america...he delves into many things...but primarily what i noticed was his focus on women...this is something in hip hop we don't discuss,because were to busy drooling over big brea$ted,big a.ssed models...women are still just objects...they are as much a commodity as a black man is....we've been told so many lies about who we are,and what we are,and giving models that don't fit the true nature of who,and what we are...but yet we follow it as if it's our own design....again we hold on to this diseased mindstate like it's a lifeline....but what is a lifeline if it's just feeding you poison?....gotta wake up...were k!lling ourselves...

project roach....this to me is more for black people than any other song on here....because this speaks directly to the willie lynch/zzzzzz mentality...when speaking about learning what not to do from n*ggas,and saying n*ggas don't die..that's merely saying ignorance doesn't die...it will forever be here...but how it thrives is soely based upon us...and instead of f!ghting ignorance...learn from it,and know what not to do...so to further push forward the proud black men,and women we really are...we come from such a rich,progressive culture....why linger in ignorance?....

that's just a few songs that hit me real hard with this album...i could go on,because this is just a brilliant album..on top of aesthetically pleasing to the ear...also nas has the best wordplay in hip hop history bar none...on top of this his verses actually MAKE SENSE,and he's talking about something...he is the ultimate mc imo..and the best to do this rap sh*t....ultimately...on the 15th of this month i'll be copping this album...it's a masterpiece of an album,and i can't wait to delve even deeper into the album to find more gems..

oh and jay electronica is crazy....he blessed nas with an epic sounding intro..i'm still bugging off the fact that the whole track is just piano loops,and nas spitting crazy around that.....this album is so necessary....

Last edited by HotepSuns; 07-03-2008 at 06:15 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #174
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
I love every song. That's how good this album is. It's like waking up to real vibes on each song. It knocks other major artists out the water. When I almost thought thatsome songs were lacking on the production side(like 1) I got connected to the flow and overall direction of the song and liked it.

GO BUY THIS ALBUM.
 9 years ago '06        #175
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
From a big Nas fan:
I'm on my first listen right now and I gotta say that I'm a little disappointed so far. People need to cut out all this hype . Sly Fox is brilliant but it's the only track that I'm REALLY satisfied with up until this point.
I will have this on repeat for a few days though and then make up my mind.
 9 years ago '07        #176
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,099 | Props total: 6302 6302
Nas's flow on this cd is much better than his last few efforts...i think its his best since it was written

but his flow on America >>

dude ripped it
 9 years ago '06        #177
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
^^^^You're saying this is better than I Am, The Lost Tapes and Stillmatic after what? like 2 listens??!?
 07-03-2008, 07:37 AM         #178
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
by the by dr. ivan van sertima,and dr. na'im akbar are great background references to the bulk of this album....which everyone should pick up everything they've written to find out more of the truth.....

and breathe is turnpike music....love it...
 9 years ago '07        #179
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,099 | Props total: 6302 6302
re read im saying his flow.....READ!

lyrics besides Nastradamus he always had up to par....

production wise this is better than HHID, SD, and even Gods Son ..wont etch this over stillmatic (thats my fav)

after one listen 4/5

Nas got hungry and ate up the rap game
 9 years ago '04        #180
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,387 | Props total: 29541 29541
waited till retail leaked...bumpin now...gonna cop regardless...feed back in a few
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy