The Official Nas-Untitled Album Thread/ 180k 1st week sales

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like the album? and How old are you?
Yes, Good Album! Age <18 21 16.80%
Nope, shit was awful Age <18 0 0%
Yes, Good Album Age 19-23 72 57.60%
Nope, shit was awful Age 19-23 5 4.00%
Yes, Good Album Age 24< 24 19.20%
Nope, shit was awful Age 24< 3 2.40%
Voters: 125. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #681
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 SHootar said:
O the irony :hang:
Says the guy with nas in his sig, with fruity colors callin him the goat
 9 years ago '05        #682
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
I got every one of Nas' albums except this Untitled joint and HHID.

Fried Chicken is the hottest song I heard off of this sh*t.

If Nas cant give me a couple "War is Necessary" type joints and absolutely no "Who k!lled It" wackness, then I can't support him. I'll check for him again when he gets back with Preemo, cause its painfully obvious now, that he needs him.

Nas lost.
 9 years ago '04        #683
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,532 | Props total: 275 275
Mystery shows
From gold to shackles and back to gold
We act like we home
Matter fact, we are home
Bad attitudes
Octaroon skin tones
Slave food turned to soul food
Collards and neck bones
Betsy Ross sewed the first American flag
Bet she had a n*gga with her to help her old a.ss
 9 years ago '04        #684
KoKen 5 heat pts
space
space
$898 | Props total: 69 69
Still on rotation on my mp3 player (hate ipods) and I added zzzzzz Hatred and Be a zzzzzz Too as bonus tracks oh and I got Like Me already cos Im in the UK
 08-01-2008, 12:53 PM         #685
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it too late for me to buy Untitled?
 9 years ago '04        #686
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,388 | Props total: 71 71
 sunzoo said:
first of all...it's been out for what...3 weeks? how is that sufficient time to judge if an album has replay value? have out attention spans really gotten that short?

as for untitled, nas is in my top 5, love his work, and on first listen i was rather pleased with the album, but i'm already done with it, the replay value to me is very low because the entire album is mood specific
for what it IS, and was supposed to be (an album themed around the complex "n1gga" issue), it turned out great, but there is only so much you can do ,with that one topic if you actually focus on it entirely, and that makes for an album that you can't really just pull out and play "anytime"

i'm not one of those guys that can't listen to an album thats not full of "bangers" or it's wack if it don't slap in the whip...but i do the majority of my music listening, in the ride, there are VERY FEW songs on this album that i can ride around to

and then the best songs, are way too short "fried chicken", "testify" and "project roach" are songs that i didn't want to end and they run about two minutes a piece

but yea, as a nas fan i'm already bored with it, not a bad album in the least for what it is, but i enjoy "hip hop is dead" much more on and overall scale, sh1t like "still dreaming", black republicians, or blunt ashes never get boring to me
You first claim that 3 weeks isn't enough time to judge replay value..then proceed to judge the replay value

You explained yourself but just saying lol

Last edited by Lawgic; 08-01-2008 at 12:58 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #687
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 The Blueprint said:
Says the guy with nas in his sig, with fruity colors callin him the goat
the difference is i put that in my sig as untitled came out, removed all the sports sh*t i had in there....your USERNAME is the blueprint and voted for jay as the lyrical goat in my thread. your the definition of stan. keep it movin.
 9 years ago '06        #688
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,905 | Props total: 7577 7577
 A.O.™ said:
You got to understand... these idiots share the opinions of they favorite rappers..

So everybody love HHID til ofcourse you got the Jim Jone's and the Lil Waynes... coming out talking about I got 1 million dollars in this back pack, hip hops alive...

so then ofcourse... no matter how great HHID was... it was negated not because of the quality of the album, but the album title...

If Nas had named... the album "Did Hip Hop die?" or "When did Hip Hop Die?" it would have been a whole nother story... because people feel "bumping Hip hop is dead" or saying a song on the album... is hot. they feel they are co-signing the fact that hip hop is dead.

Half the idiots hating on Hip Hop is dead.. probably didnt get to the 10th song... cause the album has Hip hop history... from the first couple of songs, he goes naming off pioneers of rap, and their contribution to the art.. these new young dummies dont care about that...

they want lollipop hooks, and rick ross "the boss" beats... they want T-pain, and Akon on the hook.

Theres a reason why... when Lil Jon was hot... Lil Jon was on every record, making every beat...

Theres a reason why... last year it was Akon on everything...

and Theres a reason why... this year T-Pain has been on everything...

n*ggas dont care about rhymes no more... they only care about what sounds good... in a club, and in a car...

Its funny how "A Millie" is one of the worst songs ive heard my whole life... but it got over a million listens... its fu*king retarded... everybody walking around "A mille, a mille, a mille, a mille" but wont sing none of the song, because the only part of the song they like is the beat going "a mille a mille"

nobody can say Hip Hop is dead is wack... how could you?

"Play on playa" "The game" "Still dreaming" "Burnt ashes" "Black republicans"

i mean what the fu*k... those 5 songs alone are fu*king classic..

PROPS!
 9 years ago '08        #689
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 SHootar said:
the difference is i put that in my sig as untitled came out, removed all the sports sh*t i had in there....your USERNAME is the blueprint and voted for jay as the lyrical goat in my thread. your the definition of stan. keep it movin.
Never thought you would ride sombodies d*ck more then TO but damn i was wrong
 9 years ago '05        #690
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
 thehogue... said:
yea its ridiculous ... So ridiculous i could only listen to it once then only certain songs ... i like the album but i could only listen to so much...
ditto
 9 years ago '07        #691
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 A.O.™ said:
You got to understand... these idiots share the opinions of they favorite rappers..

So everybody love HHID til ofcourse you got the Jim Jone's and the Lil Waynes... coming out talking about I got 1 million dollars in this back pack, hip hops alive...

so then ofcourse... no matter how great HHID was... it was negated not because of the quality of the album, but the album title...

If Nas had named... the album "Did Hip Hop die?" or "When did Hip Hop Die?" it would have been a whole nother story... because people feel "bumping Hip hop is dead" or saying a song on the album... is hot. they feel they are co-signing the fact that hip hop is dead.

Half the idiots hating on Hip Hop is dead.. probably didnt get to the 10th song... cause the album has Hip hop history... from the first couple of songs, he goes naming off pioneers of rap, and their contribution to the art.. these new young dummies dont care about that...

they want lollipop hooks, and rick ross "the boss" beats... they want T-pain, and Akon on the hook.

Theres a reason why... when Lil Jon was hot... Lil Jon was on every record, making every beat...

Theres a reason why... last year it was Akon on everything...

and Theres a reason why... this year T-Pain has been on everything...

n*ggas dont care about rhymes no more... they only care about what sounds good... in a club, and in a car...

Its funny how "A Millie" is one of the worst songs ive heard my whole life... but it got over a million listens... its fu*king retarded... everybody walking around "A mille, a mille, a mille, a mille" but wont sing none of the song, because the only part of the song they like is the beat going "a mille a mille"

nobody can say Hip Hop is dead is wack... how could you?

"Play on playa" "The game" "Still dreaming" "Burnt ashes" "Black republicans"

i mean what the fu*k... those 5 songs alone are fu*king classic..
hey i don't think hip hop is dead is wack by any stretch of the imagination. where in the hell did i say that? chris webber k!lled the blunt ashes track.:wow: i just think untitiled has waay more replay value. i agree with most of you opinion though........
 08-01-2008, 02:12 PM         #692
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MiseryCityTexas said:
hey i don't think hip hop is dead is wack by any stretch of the imagination. where in the hell did i say that? chris webber k!lled the blunt ashes track.:wow: i just think untitiled has waay more replay value. i agree with most of you opinion though........
I wasnt coming at you... I just quoted you because i was talking to you about HIP HOP IS DEAD... and how these idiots on heres opinions change from day to day...
 08-01-2008, 04:35 PM         #693
short 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas 20 yr career has been one loss after another
 9 years ago '06        #694
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 short said:
yup
the upcoming dem franchise boyz cd > nas existence
snap music > nas ramblin on and on about eating ice cream at the beach
lmao didnt some chick already post a pic of u exposing ur mexican refugee looking a.ss?

mad at the world cause u were born looking like a.ss
 08-01-2008, 05:00 PM         #695
ass_in_my_eyes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
untitled is still being bumped in my computer and car...
 9 years ago '06        #696
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 The Blueprint said:
Never thought you would ride sombodies d*ck more then TO but damn i was wrong
alias?

thats so cool, i might try that 1 day :hang:

keep rydin jay's d*ck and callin ppl d*ckryders "the blueprint" ahah. your mind was even on jay when creating your bx account cot damn!
 9 years ago '04        #697
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 jae premier said:
Unititled has had a ton of replay value to it so far, i havent stopped knocking it sinse it ripped to the net.

...and sinse someone braught up HHID, that album had a sh*t load of replay value to it as well, i knocked that all the way up until Untitled dropped. I never understood why so many ppl sh*t on HHID now, because when that album dropped everyone was praising it on here...or so it seemed. even check out the thread for it in the reviews section, the poll is like 85% 4 or better i believe.
HHID is slept on, been saying it since day one, and will continue to say it, for the longest i felt like i was the only n1gga on the internet that enjoyed HHID and kingdom come thoroughly, both those albums still get mad spins

Last edited by sunzoo; 08-01-2008 at 05:33 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #698
sunzoo 
space
space
 Lawgic said:
You first claim that 3 weeks isn't enough time to judge replay value..then proceed to judge the replay value

You explained yourself but just saying lol
exactly...cuz i'm already done with the album, the replay value has expired to me

but if you're trying to make a case, for an album having GREAT replay value, you gonna need more than 3 weeks for me to even take you seriously, you just showing me how short your attention span is...replay value to me, is sh1t like AG, HHID, sh1t that i'm still playing around a year later

replay value is about LONGEVITY, being that i'm a hardcore nas fan, and i already know/knew where he was coming from with this album, i really don't need to hear much of it again...it's already lost it's legs, but can you HONESTLY, judge the IN FAVOR of an albums longevity when it hasn't been out a month yet? whats the science behind that sh1t?

especially seeing as how this is really the ONLY "good" album to come out in the mainstream this year, there ain't really much else to bump

i been listening to royce's "revivial" MUCH MUCH MORE than untitled, but you ain't gonna see me making a case for it having insane replay value after having it for 3 weeks, that's preposterous
 9 years ago '04        #699
sunzoo 
space
space
 4REAL said:
The replay value is kind of weak. Testify, untitled, and We Are Not Alone are the only songs I find worth replaying the majority of the time. A true classic album is something like All Eyez On Me for instance, where I can play and repeat about 25 tracks.
agreed

it's still a great effort, but like i said, as a listener i value diversity, thats what keeps me coming back to your album...but when you center your whole album around one idea, how diverse can you really get? which is why, while untitled may be "better" than HHID lyrically and content wise, HHID is a much more enjoyable, complete listen
 9 years ago '04        #700
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
I've spun it over 25 times myself, don't reckon i'll be putting it down for anything. Nothing coming out that really has me anxious.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy