The Official Nas-Untitled Album Thread/ 180k 1st week sales

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like the album? and How old are you?
Yes, Good Album! Age <18 21 16.80%
Nope, shit was awful Age <18 0 0%
Yes, Good Album Age 19-23 72 57.60%
Nope, shit was awful Age 19-23 5 4.00%
Yes, Good Album Age 24< 24 19.20%
Nope, shit was awful Age 24< 3 2.40%
Voters: 125. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #481
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
space
$30,506 | Props total: 15074 15074
 Andre3stacks said:
Tim Dog was always some sh*t n*gga tell me whats so dope about half the sh*t he said in fu*k compton.

Do do do do dooo do do do do do do do
Shut the fu*k up bi*ch, you can't sing
Ya sound like a kid playing on a swing (F**k you)

If u think thats hot then Chris Benoit urself now.

Melo did some dumb sh*t, but it has nothing to do with how well he can ball so I couldnt give a sh*t.
im not a timdog fan like you suggest

on fu*k compton he want tryin to be lyrical he was talkin sh*t hence the name fu*k compton

melo a pus*y and you know it i can name numerous instances bout the punk but he can hoop tho ill give him that

I Am>>>>>>>>>Untitled
 9 years ago '04        #482
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
untitled, is overrated

is it the album of the year, thus far? hell yea, is it a classic? hell the fucck no

i'm already pretty tired of the overall album, lyrically it's dope as fucck, production wise it's one of his better albums, but topically it's very MOOD SPECIFIC, i can already see that i won't be able to put this album on at any given time and just let it ride, albums like that, automatically lose replay value IMO

on the flip side of that, it's really the only "good" album, that has dropped this year so i think n1ggas are overreacting out of starvation, you give a hungry n1gga a cracker, and it will taste like a klondike bar, but if i were to compare this album to the last couple albums that i thought were "good/great", it's probably going to come out on the bottom

HHID > UNTITLED

i know this won't be the popular opinion (yet, or ever), but i like the previous more, it's not as focused, but it is much more diverse, i can go from blunt ashes, and still dream, all the way back to money over bullsh1t and feel different things....HHID, has far more "whip appeal", than untitled, i know that playing sh1t in your ride is not the end all, be all of hip hop, but i think it's important, there are only like 2 songs on untitled, that i can actually "ride" 2

the cool > untitled

again, both albums with concept joints, political commentary, great lyrics...but diversity is what seperates the two, intruder alert, songs like the gotta eat (compare to fried chicken), then you got gold watch, paris/tokyo, dumb it down...it's a lot of different sounds and moods to that album without straying from the main theme

american gangsta > untitled

i be the first n1gga mad, that people can't listen to nas or jay seperatly, that they compare everything they do against eachother, but i can't help but pit these two albums together since they are some of the last "good" albums in hip hop, this in no way relates to the battle, but i like this album a hell of a lot more, the replay value trumps it by far, and lyrically they are on par with eachother, subject matter aside

now with all that being said, go cop that new nas, i'm copping two, but as a fan, this is nowhere near one of his best, it sits right there in the middle, with joints like godson, nothing more or less than 4 mics
 9 years ago '05        #483
Stat-Quo 2 heat pts
space
space
$927 | Props total: 0 0
the album comparison that you do are just opinions... but overall im agree with u. im gonna buy the album to
 9 years ago '08        #484
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Who's calling it a classic?
 9 years ago '04        #485
sunzoo 
space
space
 lifetimez said:
Who's calling it a classic?
i've noticed more than a few people take it there

and to the poster above, of course fam, this is all opinion, but anybody who's chopped it up with me on the net or even in person know i back my sh1t up, not with facts, but reasoning, most n1ggas just give their jaded a.ss opinion and bounce, i'll at least break down how i got to that conclusion
 9 years ago '05        #486
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
No, it isn't a classic.
Maybe, it's overrated(But people always do that when an album first comes out)
No, Hip Hop is Dead, The Cool, and American Gangster aren't better albums(The Cool maybe).
No, it isn't the most overrated album of the year. That goes to The Carter 3.

My opinion of course.
 9 years ago '06        #487
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. IMO, it's a lot harder to approach a single topic from various angles. Sticking to one concept over the course of an entire album can be constraining. Nas found a way to draw an entire album outta his analysis of the word n1gger & it's impact on the community. That's tough to pull off without being repetitive. Overhype is a by product of the internet. Everyone's got an opinion & a forum to present their opinion. If you just read BX, you get the impression it's either the worst album of all time, or the greatest album in hip hop history. Neither is true, but with enough people using hyperbole to describe the album, you can't get a real feel for it until you digest for yourself. IMO, it's better than the examples you pit it against & one of the best of 2008. But again, that just one man's opinion.
 9 years ago '04        #488
sunzoo 
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
No, it isn't a classic.
Maybe, it's overrated(But people always do that when an album first comes out)
No, Hip Hop is Dead, The Cool, and American Gangster aren't better albums(The Cool maybe).
No, it isn't the most overrated album of the year. That goes to The Carter 3.

My opinion of course.
no doubt, and i didn't say it was the most overrated, sh1t C3 got that by a mile, i actually think it's the best album this year, but i think in the absence of good music, good sh1t, sounds like great sh1t, the end of 07 showed so much promise for this year, and i really don't think it has panned out...and i really don't anticipate anything big in the 4th quarter
 9 years ago '07        #489
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 184 184
Yea i agree Carter 3 was way better than this bullsh*t
 9 years ago '05        #490
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
in my opinion i think its his 4th best after illmatic, it was written and stillmatic, definitely not a classic but still a great album. you might be right with the mood-specific part but i could care less if it has "whip-appeal" or not.

IMHO Untitled is better than the 3 albums you mentioned...

untitled>>>HHID
HHID is a good album, definitely not his best and you talk about mood-specific i can only think of 2-3 songs that you can listen to anytime of the day, the beats on untitled is much better than HHID.

Untitled>>The Cool
The cool is another very good album but the downfall in my opinion was it was too long, if he took off 5-6 songs off of it then i would say that its the album of the year, overall i say untitled is better (by small margin) than the cool

Untitled>>>AG
American Gangster was a good album with a nice soul vibe but i dont think it holds a candle to "untitled" topic-wise
 07-13-2008, 09:49 PM         #491
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idk about all these critic threads, i havnt really heard it all yet. i just caught this a couple mins ago.

lip stick from marilyn monroe blew a death kiss to fidel castro

i mean it aint the hottest sh*t ever, not trying to say that at all but the point is have you guys really listened to it enough to make educated opinions of it?
 9 years ago '04        #492
sunzoo 
space
space
 yumflip said:
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. IMO, it's a lot harder to approach a single topic from various angles.
Sticking to one concept over the course of an entire album can be constraining.
yep, you hit the head on the nail right there, which is why i really don't think it should be done unless there are ways to expand that singular idea into things that grow into unique topics themselves, i know nas, i'm a huge fan of his, so by track 15, i had more than got the point of where he was going with it

yumflip said:
Nas found a way to draw an entire album outta his analysis of the word n1gger & it's impact on the community. That's tough to pull off without being repetitive.
yea, for what it is, for having to be constrained to that one topic he did great for what he had to work with, so in it's individual "space" (word to 50), he gets much respect for even being able to stretch it out that far

but then, once i get past it's merits and efforts and compare it to some of the albums i'm really fond of, it falls a bit short on an overall scale for me, it's almost like this type of album needs it's own lane, cuz diversity is a big factor in how boring an album gets for me, but how diverse can you get when you center and entire LP around one thing?

i just wish, that some of these ideas, could have helped maintain a more exciting pace, like i'm glad lu didn't make the cool and ENTIRE story, i'm glad there were breaks between the meat of the story

same thing with HHID, i felt the theme through the whole album, but at the same time i wasn't pounded over the head with it, soon as i thought i got tired of the "message", here comes a still dreaming, or the joint with snoop to wake me the fucck up and prepare me for the next lesson
 07-13-2008, 09:55 PM         #493
Italy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No doubt....but nikkas here worship rappers like Nas and Joe Budden...

But i agree......sh*t was too over rated....

I think honestly NY has fallen off so much(even budden says this)....they are kinda looking for hope in any shape it comes.....

The album was alright...i wouldnt call it wack....but far from a classic.....everyone is kinda flopping right now....so many compared to others Untitled was alright......

but there is no way in hell you can call that a classic...
 07-13-2008, 09:58 PM         #494
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice lyrics... - but that doesnt make it a nice album,thats only like a 1/3 of the equation,along with production/concepts
 9 years ago '04        #495
sunzoo 
space
space
 Ni2 said:
idk about all these critic threads, i havnt really heard it all yet. i just caught this a couple mins ago.

lip stick from marilyn monroe blew a death kiss to fidel castro

i mean it aint the hottest sh*t ever, not trying to say that at all but the point is have you guys really listened to it enough to make educated opinions of it?
i been chilling with the album for a good minute, i usually let it soak in a week before i start trying to predict how i'll listen to it in the future, i still bump AG, non skip even, i'm already skipping joints on this cd

the songs that i skip are great songs though...just not sh1t that i really need to hear extensively, like i can't front on a joint like "america", lyrically great, even the beat is nice, but that is not a song i'm going to want to hear over and over, and there are a number of songs on untitled that i feel that way about

on the other hand, HHID, while not as complete of album has those songs that i play 24/7
 9 years ago '04        #496
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4305 4305
yu cant call an album classic till years later....
 9 years ago '06        #497
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,278 | Props total: 185 185
 Propel Water said:
yu cant call an album classic till years later....
have ever heard of an instant classic? cuz thats exactly what Untitled is.
 07-14-2008, 08:12 PM         #498
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nowhere near an instant classic
 9 years ago '06        #499
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4685 4685
are their bonus tracks or special editions of this. i checked bb, target, circuit city and they all have the 15 track version.
 9 years ago '05        #500
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1693 1693
What ya'll think of it? Rapreviews just gave it 8.5/10..the same reviewer gave Carter III 8.5/10

I guess that's what reviewers have come to huh..Plain bullsh*t.

Its still a 9/10 for me, standout tracks are:

Sly Fox
N.I.G.G.E.R.
Breathe
America
Testify
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy