The Official Nas-Untitled Album Thread/ 180k 1st week sales

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This man's nose looks like...
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye West - Love Everyone [COVER]
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
228 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Diddy pens letter to Pusha and Kanye proclaiming "Daytona" a CLASSIC
143 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like the album? and How old are you?
Yes, Good Album! Age <18 21 16.80%
Nope, shit was awful Age <18 0 0%
Yes, Good Album Age 19-23 72 57.60%
Nope, shit was awful Age 19-23 5 4.00%
Yes, Good Album Age 24< 24 19.20%
Nope, shit was awful Age 24< 3 2.40%
Voters: 125. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #481
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 1 1
 Switchc2390 said:
No, it isn't a classic.
Maybe, it's overrated(But people always do that when an album first comes out)
No, Hip Hop is Dead, The Cool, and American Gangster aren't better albums(The Cool maybe).
No, it isn't the most overrated album of the year. That goes to The Carter 3.

My opinion of course.
no doubt, and i didn't say it was the most overrated, sh1t C3 got that by a mile, i actually think it's the best album this year, but i think in the absence of good music, good sh1t, sounds like great sh1t, the end of 07 showed so much promise for this year, and i really don't think it has panned out...and i really don't anticipate anything big in the 4th quarter
 10 years ago '07        #482
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,386 | Props total: 206 206
Yea i agree Carter 3 was way better than this bullsh*t
 10 years ago '05        #483
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
in my opinion i think its his 4th best after illmatic, it was written and stillmatic, definitely not a classic but still a great album. you might be right with the mood-specific part but i could care less if it has "whip-appeal" or not.

IMHO Untitled is better than the 3 albums you mentioned...

untitled>>>HHID
HHID is a good album, definitely not his best and you talk about mood-specific i can only think of 2-3 songs that you can listen to anytime of the day, the beats on untitled is much better than HHID.

Untitled>>The Cool
The cool is another very good album but the downfall in my opinion was it was too long, if he took off 5-6 songs off of it then i would say that its the album of the year, overall i say untitled is better (by small margin) than the cool

Untitled>>>AG
American Gangster was a good album with a nice soul vibe but i dont think it holds a candle to "untitled" topic-wise
 07-13-2008, 08:49 PM         #484
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idk about all these critic threads, i havnt really heard it all yet. i just caught this a couple mins ago.

lip stick from marilyn monroe blew a death kiss to fidel castro

i mean it aint the hottest sh*t ever, not trying to say that at all but the point is have you guys really listened to it enough to make educated opinions of it?
 10 years ago '04        #485
sunzoo 
space
space
 yumflip said:
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. IMO, it's a lot harder to approach a single topic from various angles.
Sticking to one concept over the course of an entire album can be constraining.
yep, you hit the head on the nail right there, which is why i really don't think it should be done unless there are ways to expand that singular idea into things that grow into unique topics themselves, i know nas, i'm a huge fan of his, so by track 15, i had more than got the point of where he was going with it

yumflip said:
Nas found a way to draw an entire album outta his analysis of the word n1gger & it's impact on the community. That's tough to pull off without being repetitive.
yea, for what it is, for having to be constrained to that one topic he did great for what he had to work with, so in it's individual "space" (word to 50), he gets much respect for even being able to stretch it out that far

but then, once i get past it's merits and efforts and compare it to some of the albums i'm really fond of, it falls a bit short on an overall scale for me, it's almost like this type of album needs it's own lane, cuz diversity is a big factor in how boring an album gets for me, but how diverse can you get when you center and entire LP around one thing?

i just wish, that some of these ideas, could have helped maintain a more exciting pace, like i'm glad lu didn't make the cool and ENTIRE story, i'm glad there were breaks between the meat of the story

same thing with HHID, i felt the theme through the whole album, but at the same time i wasn't pounded over the head with it, soon as i thought i got tired of the "message", here comes a still dreaming, or the joint with snoop to wake me the fucck up and prepare me for the next lesson
 07-13-2008, 08:55 PM         #486
Italy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No doubt....but nikkas here worship rappers like Nas and Joe Budden...

But i agree......sh*t was too over rated....

I think honestly NY has fallen off so much(even budden says this)....they are kinda looking for hope in any shape it comes.....

The album was alright...i wouldnt call it wack....but far from a classic.....everyone is kinda flopping right now....so many compared to others Untitled was alright......

but there is no way in hell you can call that a classic...
 07-13-2008, 08:58 PM         #487
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice lyrics... - but that doesnt make it a nice album,thats only like a 1/3 of the equation,along with production/concepts
 10 years ago '04        #488
sunzoo 
space
space
 Ni2 said:
idk about all these critic threads, i havnt really heard it all yet. i just caught this a couple mins ago.

lip stick from marilyn monroe blew a death kiss to fidel castro

i mean it aint the hottest sh*t ever, not trying to say that at all but the point is have you guys really listened to it enough to make educated opinions of it?
i been chilling with the album for a good minute, i usually let it soak in a week before i start trying to predict how i'll listen to it in the future, i still bump AG, non skip even, i'm already skipping joints on this cd

the songs that i skip are great songs though...just not sh1t that i really need to hear extensively, like i can't front on a joint like "america", lyrically great, even the beat is nice, but that is not a song i'm going to want to hear over and over, and there are a number of songs on untitled that i feel that way about

on the other hand, HHID, while not as complete of album has those songs that i play 24/7
 10 years ago '04        #489
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,724 | Props total: 4945 4945
yu cant call an album classic till years later....
 10 years ago '06        #490
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,283 | Props total: 186 186
 Propel Water said:
yu cant call an album classic till years later....
have ever heard of an instant classic? cuz thats exactly what Untitled is.
 07-14-2008, 07:12 PM         #491
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nowhere near an instant classic
 10 years ago '06        #492
jj01 
space
space
$46,729 | Props total: 7862 7862
are their bonus tracks or special editions of this. i checked bb, target, circuit city and they all have the 15 track version.
 10 years ago '05        #493
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,395 | Props total: 1875 1875
What ya'll think of it? Rapreviews just gave it 8.5/10..the same reviewer gave Carter III 8.5/10

I guess that's what reviewers have come to huh..Plain bullsh*t.

Its still a 9/10 for me, standout tracks are:

Sly Fox
N.I.G.G.E.R.
Breathe
America
Testify
 10 years ago '05        #494
Sivraj 347 heat pts347
space
space
$46,804 | Props total: 13185 13185
I heard a rumor that the XXL gave it a XXL but don't know if its true. I'll give it a semi-classic. 4.5/5 mics
 10 years ago '07        #495
NasIsThaBest19 
space
space
$1,034 | Props total: 0 0
right now people won't call it a classic, but in the years to come, people will eventually look back on it and consider it a classic
 10 years ago '04        #496
sunzoo 
space
space
i'm already a bit bored with it, i rate it about 4 mics, sh1t seems to have less replay value than HHID for me

great contepts, great lyrics, decent beats, but streamlining an album around one specific subject makes for a really mood specific album, nowhere near a 'classic'
 10 years ago '04        #497
steve-austin 
space
space
$224 | Props total: 0 0
THIS ALBUM IS DA ULTIMATE TRUTH N I BELIEVE IT HAS A DEEP/POSITIVE MESSAGE 2 IT UNLIKE MOST sh*t DROPPIN, I FEEL DIS ALBUM SHOULD OF BIN RATED A LOT MORE DAN DA CARTER III. (NOT SAYIN CARTER III WAS WEAK, JUS SAYIN DIS ALBUM IS WORTH JUS A LITTLE BIT MORE DAN DAT) AND SHOULD NOT BE SLEPT ON..

PLEASE QUOTE DIS IS ONLY MY OPINION.!
 07-15-2008, 07:48 AM         #498
nasir43 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's a solid 4.5/5

Only reason it ain't classic is theres a couple tracks I am not really feeling. Project Roach and to a lesser extent You Can't Stop Us Now. But they are still solid tracks. Everything else is absolute fire.
 10 years ago '06        #499
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,524 | Props total: 825 825
two words only

straight crack

if nas isnt GOAT right now then who is?
 10 years ago '07        #500
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,515 | Props total: 1304 1304
 sunzoo said:
i'm already a bit bored with it, i rate it about 4 mics, sh1t seems to have less replay value than HHID for me

great contepts, great lyrics, decent beats, but streamlining an album around one specific subject makes for a really mood specific album, nowhere near a 'classic'
Naw man I think it has way more replay value than HHID.. Ic ould barely finish HHID and damn sure couldnt listen to it more than once... this untitled album ive listened to atleast 4 times.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside NBA YoungBoy Hitta Whippin that Draco like John Wick
32 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
48 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
I will marry this woman for real.
102 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Big Gipp Exposes What REALLY Happened Between Pimp C & Master P Forcing P TO L..
100 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Terrell Owens claims to have ‘big-time news’ about potential NFL comeback
58 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Paints ...
55 comments
20 hours ago