Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Do you like the album? and How old are you?
Yes, Good Album! Age <18 21 16.80%
Nope, shit was awful Age <18 0 0%
Yes, Good Album Age 19-23 72 57.60%
Nope, shit was awful Age 19-23 5 4.00%
Yes, Good Album Age 24< 24 19.20%
Nope, shit was awful Age 24< 3 2.40%
Voters: 125. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #341
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
ppl need to stop even MENTIONING illmatic when they rate a nas album. not tryna knock u, cuz ur bein real and not one of these other f*g**ts spaming with hate.

but for real, ilmatic will never be touched, ever, probably by anyone ever. its the hip hop bible. done by a 19/20 yr old.

even the sounds...nas isn't really gangbanging no more, so its tough to expect him to flow over gangbangin beats. with that bein said, the production on this album is FAR from boring to me, its epic..deep. tracks like america and louis farrakhan literally giving me chills hearin nas flow over them. i just zone the fu*k out and get away from the world, just me and the headphones and this crack comin out of em. beats are highly subjective unlike flow and lyrics, so to eachs own. but i give the production on this album at least an 8 or 8.5.
 07-03-2008, 11:49 PM         #342
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If people actually listen to this joint, it can/will be very influential. After I listened to the album I had a pretty nice conversation with one of my boys from everything to media to ignorance to DMT (look that sh*t up) And that's what I think NaS was trying to do with this joint. It seems to be the new fad to talk about the NWO and sh*t, but NaS was saying some sh*t on this album, and if he was trying to spark conversations and open minds he should succeed.

4/5.

This is not better than Illmatic or IWW so stop.
 9 years ago '06        #343
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,615 | Props total: 2237 2237
This is a up to date version of "tape in the walkman/philly blunt/timbs, skully, & a flannel/Champion hoody" music. Same shiit in a 2008 package. It's not gonna move everyone & thank goodness it's not supposed to. This reminds me of the music that a few cats liked & you felt like you belong to an exclusive club bumpin it. Only track outta place is the joint with Game. & that's because of Chris Brown's singing. But Game's verse on there makes it palatable. This shiit has gotten about 5 posts from me about it. Honestly the most I've ever posted about a single CD since I been coming here. Shiit is just plain vicious.

Last edited by yumflip; 07-03-2008 at 11:52 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #344
ShakeyDog 
space
space
space
$381 | Props total: 88 88
 jj01 said:
anybody have a good version of esco lets go, like a non mixtape version?
I know im new but if you find that toss it my way and i need that Legendary Mike Tyson no dj if its out there......good lookin on any links

Last edited by ShakeyDog; 07-04-2008 at 12:06 AM..
 07-04-2008, 12:05 AM         #345
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JoeyAvalanche said:

kinda bland?

i love nas.
and im happy to see everyone on his side with this one.
but where is those rugged beats?
the lyrics, i cant doubt.

but as far as putting songs together he still dont hit the nail on the head.
the isnt a 'sound' to this album like Illmatic had a sound, Blueprint had a sound.

can someone fill me in.
maybe its gone over my head.
cuz i wanna love it like evry1 else!
I agree it is missing something. I don't know what but something feels like it's missing something and bx is overrating it. Still a good album though.
 9 years ago '08        #346
ShakeyDog 
space
space
space
$381 | Props total: 88 88
 Illstreet said:
Yeah, that's what I was talking about... Damn...

For a minute there I was happy to hear that sh*t was on the album... Now I'm fu*ken pissed... smh

Why that wouldn't make the album, I'll never know... Then again, alotta things Nas do I'll never understand... *Pops in "The Lost Tapes*
Yea thats a dope verse...Ill just edit it on to my copy with I tunes
 9 years ago '05        #347
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,969 | Props total: 3230 3230
Honestly it's hard for me to rate this amongst his other works cause it's so different like I said before. I think this is one of those works that you can't really rank, you just listen and see what he's saying. This sh*t is that deep. Too early to tell on everything, but I will say that I don't think this album will have as much replay value as some of his other efforts. This isn't a Lost Tapes type album. Lost Tapes was more or less all about himself. This album is for the whole world. I still dont really know where I stand with this album yet, need to listen more, I still feel like I haven't grasped a lot of lines from it.
 9 years ago '04        #348
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
 OnTheReal said:
Fried Chicken =
That song is absolute crack! I just listened to it in the drive thru 3 times straight. It reminds me of what I miss out of music now days, just that creativity. Lupe had a song like that too talkin about food and sh*t I cant remember the name.
 9 years ago '05        #349
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
 KrayLay said:
I agree it is missing something. I don't know what but something feels like it's missing something and bx is overrating it. Still a good album though.

Hes Just Missing Someone
:D .....Ya Already Know.
 07-04-2008, 01:58 AM         #350
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop is dead > this sh*t. money over bullsh*t > any song on here
 9 years ago '05        #351
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1666 1666
After a few listens (a few meaning more than 5 times throughout the whole album), I'm just gonna state my opinions on this album.

First of all, I didn't really have a lot of hype for this album until I read all the "Untitled >> Illmatic" opinions, which I thought was foolish and all of which I disregarded. Though I admit I was excited to listen to this..So after a few spins, I have to say this album is one of Nas' better albums.

There are many standouts on the album, so its really hard to list a few, but I'll try anyway:

N.I.G.G.E.R. (Slave & Master)
Queens Get The Money
Untitled/Testify
Sly Fox
America

Those are to me, the standouts. Then we move on to the great records..We got:

Hero
Breathe
Black President
Fried Chicken
Project Roach
Ya'll My n*ggas
We're Not Alone
Louis Farrakhan

Then the good tracks..

You Can't Stop Us Now
Make The World Go Round

There are truly no bad tracks on this album. They are all a 8/10 and above.
Anyone who says that whack beats are present on this album have either really overhyped the album or thought they'd get revolutionary beats from Nas.

Nas picked the right beats for this album. Some sound live, some sound simplistically effective, and some sound downright jazzy. I also don't think anyone can deny Nas' lyrics on this album. The "new" Nas appears on some tracks, but on tracks such as America, Louis Farrakhan and Sly Fox you KNOW that "old" Nas flow was present!!

His subject matter is quite limited as suspected, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. This album really shows that Nas is actually capable of staying on the subject matter throughout the whole album, instead of using the "N*gger" gimmick on some tracks and doing some random Esco Nas subject matters on some other tracks.

Never compare 1 Nas album with the other. His state of mind is usually different in each of his albums. You can't compare this with IWW or Illmatic. That's just impossible. They have such different subject matters its really hard to judge and compare them.

The only gripe I have with this album is:

Why are some of the tracks so short?

Sometimes short tracks are put in place for effect, true. But damn, Project Roach doesn't even reach 2 minutes, and Fried Chicken doesn't even reach 3. Louis Farrakhan didn't have a 3rd verse and Untitled/Testify was also short. That's the only truly disappointing aspect of this album.

Why would Nas cut these tracks short of full length songs? Project Roach had a nice concept, the beat was ill and he really brought it in that song. Couldn't he have dropped more verses and added a nice hook to it? Couldn't he drop another verse on Fried Chicken? Louis Farrakhan was nice as hell, but it was too short. Same goes for Untitled/Testify..Its a waste of a good beat to be honest.

Apart from that, I really have no other complaints.

Its a 9/10 for me, and in order of Nas' albums it would currently have to be:

1. Illmatic
2. The Lost Tapes
3. It Was Written
4. Untitled
5. Stillmatic
6. God's Son
7. Hip-Hop Is Dead
8. I Am
9. Street's Disciple
10. Nastradamus
 9 years ago '04        #352
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,232 | Props total: 3011 3011
 EastBroadway said:

Hes Just Missing Someone
:D .....Ya Already Know.
yeah AZ I had to do it
 9 years ago '04        #353
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,668 | Props total: 2198 2198
i dont think its bland...its a hot album..i just dont think its as hot as everybody hyping it to be..in a way the more i read about it on different forums..it kinda makes me less interested..so i guess it is bland? lol
 07-04-2008, 03:00 AM         #354
w0rd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm not feeling to listen to this Nas joint at all, because i still can't figure out how could Nas speaks about the "black power" when he didn't even get the power to keep the title of his album, and i hope "race" is not the last thing Nas could ever to offer.
 9 years ago '06        #355
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
I was bumpin this sh*t from and to the club today..sh*t sounds like a fu*kin CLASSIC. his flow..his lyrics...sounds like he went in the booth with his army fatigues on and spit flames.

I stopped at the gas station and had Black President playin while pumpin and these n*ggas like ...40-50 years old, was vibin, bouncin and sh*t. Even this bum with his black and mild and OE was ridin with it too
 07-04-2008, 03:19 AM         #356
colhu7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its so funny to see people claim to be Nas fans and say they are not feeling the album. hahaha.
 9 years ago '05        #357
bluntednt 43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,275 | Props total: 0 0
 colhu7 said:
its so funny to see people claim to be Nas fans and say they are not feeling the album. hahaha.
That's an oxymoron :D
 9 years ago '06        #358
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 w0rd said:
i'm not feeling to listen to this Nas joint at all, because i still can't figure out how could Nas speaks about the "black power" when he didn't even get the power to keep the title of his album, and i hope "race" is not the last thing Nas could ever to offer.
That's why you need to listen to the album. Because you'd realize, the title doesn't make or break anything with the album. The title was never the album.
 9 years ago '06        #359
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 jewelz1132 said:
i dont think its bland...its a hot album..i just dont think its as hot as everybody hyping it to be..in a way the more i read about it on different forums..it kinda makes me less interested..so i guess it is bland? lol
See, that's why folks shouldn't run to the net and download everything. Just becasuse it leaks.
 9 years ago '07        #360
J-Calli 
space
space
$404 | Props total: 0 0
I don’t normally post to be honest, I just read ya'll posts with mixed emotions. I must say, some people are truly diluded … that’s not to say people aren't entitled to their own opinion, but god dam some people seem very very young on here.

Anyway, I had to post my views on this album. It stands alone, in so far as where Nas has taken this album, 50% of you n*ggas missed the boat. A few thoughts:

1. Production - how the fu*k are some people saying the production is weak? Wow, truly amazes me. If you been a Nas fan, what better beats for Nas to rip? EVERY single beat his absolute heat, I must say I was pleasantly surprised by some producers. Nas needs beats to compliment his flow and lyrics, not get lost in a banger...yep you heard me, Nas' lyrics are that great it should be the focal point. Go listen to dipset if you looking for beat driven albums with Nursery Rhymes. This is one of Nas' best albums for beats, period.

2. Lyrics - Nas has never been more lyrical, NEVER! Illmatic is Illmatic, there will never be another Illmatic because Nas will never be in that position again. That was hood tales right there perfected. This is Nas taking sh*t to another level, his concepts and delivery are fantastic. I did just list specific tracks but then deleted them as I really feel they are all heat. Which leads me on to….

3.Chris Brown/Game - I have always liked game but when I saw Chris Browns name I cant lie I was vex. But that track is heat seriously. I see mixed feelings on this but I think some people just hating because CB on it, rather than listning to the dam track. Nas & Game k!lled it and the beat is 100!

I am a very level headed dude but honestly, this album gave me butterflies. The last time that happened was Makaveli. Any Nas fan, any fan that bumps that concious sh*t, you are in heaven. And we have to accept there are some people out there that don't listnen to music for that, cool. As Nas said, he don't need your a.ss anyway… got listne to that Testify bi*ches!

Knowledge is king, and boy the king of this rap sh*t delivered.

Sorry for the long post.

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy