Will Jay-Z Ever Slow Down?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-30-2008, 12:54 PM         #121
the rock 1.0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay z is wack
close thread
 06-30-2008, 12:54 PM         #122
currybai  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Take your pick

You know. Canibus, Vinnie Paz, Jehst, Lowkey etc Real lyricists.
canibus... lol. Vinnie paz.. lol. Dunno jehst and lowkey

when was the last time canibus even had an album out? These dudes you mention should stay underground. They can be the best lyricist in teh world but as far as having the total package, thats what jay z has/had. These rappers you mention will never achieve the success that jay has.
 06-30-2008, 12:55 PM         #123
Ya'll Fags  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 the rock 1.0 said:
jay z is wack
close thread
*catches The Game Plan on ABC Family*
 06-30-2008, 12:58 PM         #124
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ya'll f*gs said:
Santana plays guitar better than anyone farting around in your brain. cheerio!

And I would add being as lyrically gifted as Jay is, it would be harder to teach that than how to play notes on a sheet of paper. Anyone can learn the guitar, ANYONE.
No they can't, neither can everyone rap. The difference is most would be able to rap easier than they would learn a guitar.

It's that fu*king simple. Rhyming words together is fu*king 5 year old nursery rhyme stuff.
 06-30-2008, 12:58 PM         #125
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ya'll f*gs said:
you do sound like a racist.

then again so did noel gallagher
And you sound like a c*nt.
 06-30-2008, 01:01 PM         #126
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 currybai said:
canibus... lol. Vinnie paz.. lol. Dunno jehst and lowkey

when was the last time canibus even had an album out? These dudes you mention should stay underground. They can be the best lyricist in teh world but as far as having the total package, thats what jay z has/had. These rappers you mention will never achieve the success that jay has.
Jay Z doesn't have the total package. Because his lyrics have no meaning or depth.

And what the fu*k is success? Britney Spears is successfull. Eminem is successfull.

Define total package. Everything Jay has, they have, and more. The only thing is you'll claim they have no 'swag', they have no 'mainstream appeal'.

Like anyone but commercial MTV watchers like you give a fu*k.

Kids these days man. I feel old just engaging with you brain dead idiots
 06-30-2008, 01:03 PM         #127
Ya'll Fags  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
No they can't, neither can everyone rap. The difference is most would be able to rap easier than they would learn a guitar.

It's that fu*king simple. Rhyming words together is fu*king 5 year old nursery rhyme stuff.
So 5 year olds cant play the guitar? Or piano? Yes, ANYONE can learn to play an instrument before they can learn to cleverly, and rhythmically tell you a story with words for the next 3-5 minutes.

If you don't agree with that you're just being biased and close-minded to your opinion. :sleepy:
 06-30-2008, 01:06 PM         #128
Polo_Smurf  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That fact that you guys are arguing about an artist and a group from two different genres of music just means that Jay delivered in what he set out to prove. There is only good music and bad music. Think about it...look at the arguments you guys are bringing up.

You're comparing two legends of different fields to each other. It's not even Jay-z vs. Nas or Oasis vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's two good musicians.

Oasis is a legendary band, people are acting like Jay is trying to take that from them. They took an ignorant shot at him, he took a better and more risky shot back. No one in this thread was meant to be the judge of him performing Wonderwall. The crowd was. So if you're mad that crowed enjoyed the performance and the humor...you're a hater.

People have their own opinions on if Jay is the best rapper or not, but you can't argue the fact that he's the best and ONLY prospect to represent hip hop at Glasto. Bring an underground rapper on stage and tell him to point the mic at the crowd...lets see how many people know the words.

At the end of the day Oasis are legends and Jay will never take that from them. The only issue here is that Oasis expressed their opinion about Hip Hop ignorantly and Jay went in there and smashed it. Don't take my word for it...go Google News: Jay z. All that comes up is "Jay-Z silences critics" "Jay-Z silences Noel Gallegher" and sh*t like that.

We're not talking about Oasis' music here. We're talking about them saying Hip Hop doesn't belong and Jay proved them wrong. Truthfully.... Oasis took an L on this one.
 9 years ago '04        #129
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,733 | Props total: 2548 2548
 Ya'll f*gs said:
Santana plays guitar better than anyone farting around in your brain. cheerio!

And I would add being as lyrically gifted as Jay is, it would be harder to teach that than how to play notes on a sheet of paper. Anyone can learn the guitar, ANYONE.
You're a d*ck. This is me two years ago;

I play a thousand times better than that now. I'm no Hendrix, but I will play circles around you brother...

AND I will attest to the fact that it is equally as hard to rap as it is to play the guitar. You know the difference?

Playing guitar is a craft, THAT ANYONE CAN LEARN TO DO. Moving people with your compositions is where art comes into play.

Rapping is not a craft, it is an artform. Whether it be Soulja Boy or Rakim.

In short... BLUR WON.

Last edited by cormega74; 06-30-2008 at 01:09 PM..
 06-30-2008, 01:09 PM         #130
Ya'll Fags  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cormega74 said:
You're a d*ck. This is me two years ago;

I play a thousand times better than that now. I'm no Hendrix, but I will play circles around you brother...

AND I will attest to the fact that it is equally as hard to rap as it is to play the guitar. You know the difference?

Playing guitar is a craft, THAT ANYONE CAN LEARN TO DO. Moving people with your compositions is where art comes into play.

Rapping is not a craft, it is an artform. Whether it be Soulja Boy or Rakim.

In short... BLUR WON.
Thats what I'm saying. Anyone can learn the guitar, practice for 10 years on a guitar then practice writing songs for 10 years and I bet 9/10 times you'ld be a better guitar player than song writer.
 06-30-2008, 01:13 PM         #131
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ya'll f*gs said:
So 5 year olds cant play the guitar? Or piano? Yes, ANYONE can learn to play an instrument before they can learn to cleverly, and rhythmically tell you a story with words for the next 3-5 minutes.

If you don't agree with that you're just being biased and close-minded to your opinion. :sleepy:
No they can't.

You think it'd take a 5 year old longer to rhyme words than it would play a guitar?

Okay i'll put it in perspective. Seeing as this is a thread about JAy Z. Do you think it'd take an adult longer to write lyrics to the level of Jay Z, or perform a guitar to the level of Morello?

Lets be serious. You could give me a few years of dedication and i could guarantee being a literate person that i am that i could match him in terms of lyricism. Yet give me a few years and i couldn't come close to Morello.

And it's the same with most people. The only people super impressed by over rated lyricism that most rappers show are illiterate. I really believe it to be that simple.
 06-30-2008, 01:15 PM         #132
Ya'll Fags  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guarantee that your lyrics would suck
 06-30-2008, 01:16 PM         #133
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Polo_Smurf said:
That fact that you guys are arguing about an artist and a group from two different genres of music just means that Jay delivered in what he set out to prove. There is only good music and bad music. Think about it...look at the arguments you guys are bringing up.

You're comparing two legends of different fields to each other. It's not even Jay-z vs. Nas or Oasis vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's two good musicians.

Oasis is a legendary band, people are acting like Jay is trying to take that from them. They took an ignorant shot at him, he took a better and more risky shot back. No one in this thread was meant to be the judge of him performing Wonderwall. The crowd was. So if you're mad that crowed enjoyed the performance and the humor...you're a hater.

People have their own opinions on if Jay is the best rapper or not, but you can't argue the fact that he's the best and ONLY prospect to represent hip hop at Glasto. Bring an underground rapper on stage and tell him to point the mic at the crowd...lets see how many people know the words.

At the end of the day Oasis are legends and Jay will never take that from them. The only issue here is that Oasis expressed their opinion about Hip Hop ignorantly and Jay went in there and smashed it. Don't take my word for it...go Google News: Jay z. All that comes up is "Jay-Z silences critics" "Jay-Z silences Noel Gallegher" and sh*t like that.

We're not talking about Oasis' music here. We're talking about them saying Hip Hop doesn't belong and Jay proved them wrong. Truthfully.... Oasis took an L on this one.
But he didn't silence anyone. Because the critics BOYCOTTED! That's the fu*king point.

The place was void of most real fans because they boycotted. He silenced no critics. The critics were not in attendance.

And Hip Hop doesn't belong at glastonbury. An average rapper performing to an average standard doesn't change that. All it has proved is that Glasto has gone commercial.

Which is NEVER a positive.
 9 years ago '07        #134
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
Jay-z gotta song called smack my bi*ch up ?

06-30-2008, 01:18 PM         #135
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ya'll f*gs said:
Thats what I'm saying. Anyone can learn the guitar, practice for 10 years on a guitar then practice writing songs for 10 years and I bet 9/10 times you'ld be a better guitar player than song writer.
Have you ever been on a guitar lol?

It's not easy. Rapping is.

That's the key difference. IF you are literate, you can reach average level rapping within weeks. I'm not even exagerating.

You just can't do that with a guitar. It takes months and years of dedication to become an average level guitar player.

Most rappers are low IQ having morons. The proof is infront of you.
 9 years ago '04        #136
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ya'll f*gs said:
I concur.
This guy thinks that all it takes to be a great rapper is lyricism. He knows nothing of hip hop outside of the Gym Class Heroes cd he just copped.
 06-30-2008, 01:21 PM         #137
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ya'll f*gs said:
In what way? In terms of metaphors, puns, syllables? Or in terms of content?

And if you are talking content, 99% of establsihed rappers have NONE. If you're talking the former... I'm fluent in English, so it's second nature to me.

But in terms of content, i'd smash it too. Because i'm not a fake little wannabe gangster like most the rap industry. I'm a knowledgable young man with plenty of subjects that could be spoke on.

Writing rap lyrics < Playing a guitar.
 9 years ago '04        #138
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Have you ever been on a guitar lol?

It's not easy. Rapping is.

That's the key difference. IF you are literate, you can reach average level rapping within weeks. I'm not even exagerating.

You just can't do that with a guitar. It takes months and years of dedication to become an average level guitar player.

Most rappers are low IQ having morons. The proof is infront of you.
Tell me, what is an average level rapper?
Black Thought? Pharoahe Monch? Talib Kweli?

Enlighten us.

Play guitar for ten years straight you can rival practically anyone in terms of technical skill. Rap for ten years and walk into Fatbeats, you know what you'll probably be called... WACK!

Don't compare artforms to crafts.
 06-30-2008, 01:24 PM         #139
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cormega74 said:
I concur.
This guy thinks that all it takes to be a great rapper is lyricism. He knows nothing of hip hop outside of the Gym Class Heroes cd he just copped.
Actually, you need less than that. You need to be able to rhyme words and fabricate your life stories.

That is an average rapper.

Now compare that average rapper to an average guitarist. Come on man.

You people keep trying to change the rules. We're talking your average rapper and average guitarist. We're not talking being able to play Smoke on Water and being able to write songs like Canibus.

Wobble your head
 06-30-2008, 01:28 PM         #140
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cormega74 said:
Tell me, what is an average level rapper?
Black Thought? Pharoahe Monch? Talib Kweli?

Enlighten us.

Play guitar for ten years straight you can rival practically anyone in terms of technical skill. Rap for ten years and walk into Fatbeats, you know what you'll probably be called... WACK!

Don't compare artforms to crafts.
How the fu*k are they average rappers? Average rappers are your Juelz Santanas and Games.

And please stop calling one an art form and the other a craft. You're seriously deluded if you think anything more than 1% of rap can be considered an art form...

Again you keep setting different standards to prove a non existant point. And that's the fu*king problem. Rap itself is NOT an artform. Rap in it's proper form(which is almost non existant lets not forget) IS an artform.

But just for the fact it's nearly extinct makes your argument void.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago