most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
51 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 9 years ago '05        #181
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
This dude is the greatest MC of all time! He is the Master of all Ceremonies!

And for the record I didnt even know who Oasis was until Jay came on and crushed them. Its all music Jay had thousands of people throwing the Roc sign. Thats Hip hop dudes just dont understand how great Jay is!
I love how people say this like it slights Oasis; it's a slight on your own knowledge of music. :rolleyes:
 07-01-2008, 12:12 PM         #182
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ptwist said:
You have good taste in lyricists ...but if you believe you would take these guys and put them in Jay's place i would say

1. totally throw away your whole idea that hip hop doesnt belong at Glaston

2. With some of these songs im pretty sure they would have the whole place sleeping...and im basing this off their delivery....i been to concerts where if you broke down their verses they would say some amazing sh*t...but by the way you say it ...it could mean nothing. Jay has substance whether you believe so or not. And he has different ways for you to actually comprehend it on stage whether he is doing it acapella or on double time.

3. There is a different magnitude from a great lyricist and a so called "average" lyricist like Jay.....they key point in headling is being able to draw people as the main eventer ...you know wrestling and boxing as well...at the end of the day its about $$$$ and who is the main figure with the stature to draw the hundred and thousands of people...and Jay brings that and he brought a magnificent performance whether you agree or not. Canibus...maybe but in America he hasnt been relevant to the point where you can give him a club show and he'll sell it out
I didn't suggest they perform. I said they're true lyricists.
 07-01-2008, 12:14 PM         #183
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
It shouldn't even be a question if hip-hop should be there because Jay showed he could hang with the best of them and it showed with the crowd reaction. He had people who were not even fans of hip-hop rocking to it
That's the point though. Half the Glastonbury true fans BOYCOTTED Glastonbury and didn't fu*king turn up.

Therefore there was alot of vacant tickets for the commercial heads. He didn't impress any Glastonbury fans... He impressed bandwagoners
 07-01-2008, 12:14 PM         #184
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chi100z said:
@ the same Jay haters posting over and over again trying to spit knowledge.

Jay-Z's lyrics >>>> your favorite artist or bands lyrics

get mad haters. Jay headlined Glastonbury, and the fans loved it. live with it. Jay had you fu*ks breakin your remotes cause he headlined and your fav band didnt.

like you'll ever see Oasis at a hip hop show but of course Jay is welcome to shut down a rock show :D

oh...and...

Jay-Z's money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your fav artist/band's money

Vinnie Paz by the way is fu*kin TRASH! so all of rancid's posts are all straight meaningless now.

call Jay trash and say Vinnie spits knowlege. fu*ker k!ll yourself seriously.
You sound smart. Get back to Soulja Boy
 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM         #185
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Link4444 said:
this is why I say uk ppl dont understand black culture or american hip-hop culture. Any rapper that can't talk bout gaining more money, getting women, and overall making their life better and use rap to reach it isn't on par with the values, goals, etc of black culture which created hiphop culture.
How is that black culture? That might be ghetto 'black' American culture, it isn't American.

And don't kid yourselfs, half the 'blacks' in America you speak of are all watered down anyways.
 07-01-2008, 12:19 PM         #186
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cormega74 said:
Jay might not be the 'best' emcee of all time, but he's arguably the greatest rapper of all time.

I for one will give him the title.
No, he isn't.
 07-01-2008, 12:23 PM         #187
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Clearly you were too stupid to actually comprehend my post.

Nonetheless...

1. No nation which fell to Nazi Germany was forced to speak German.
2. Hitler, & ostensibly his cabinet, had respect for Great Britain, its' heritage & its' culture; there is certainly no indication that Nazi Germany would have sought to erode much of what was considered "British life" of the day.

However, on the thinking that Nazy Germany sought to consume & conform cultures of conquered nations it would be fair to say that...
3. If it weren't for Great Britain, YOU would be speaking GERMAN.
"wtf gtfoh blah blah"...no child, listen. If Great Britain, the first to willfully enter the war (for reasons other than "oh sh*t dude, we got attacked! oh fu*k, where's our navy man?") & last to leave, had fallen then the whole of Europe would have been under Nazi control. Africa would have been under Nazi control. Asia would have been under Japanese control. Now, think what you will of your beloved nation, but the USA could not have withstood the might of 3 continents - possibly 4, after Australia had followed.
So in short, again, if it were not for Great Britain, you would be speaking German.
Of course this isn't a claim Brits often level, because the wars actually matter to us, & to begin from such a petty standpoint is to belittle our own history. Oh & because of points #1 & #2

Lastly...
4. The USA did NOT save the world despite what an a.ssortment of garish cartoons & "history" books may tell you.

PLEASE contest this.
Brilliant, you forgot to mention how the Yanks played both sides of the field though, and supported the Nazis.

The guy you quoted is a fine example of why pre-teens shouldn't be aloud to watch films. Hollywood has them fooled into some rosy little American picture.

Honestly though, i can't blame them, if i couldn't read and got all my own sources of British history from pro-British films i'd be pretty arrogant too
 9 years ago '04        #188
LilEscobar 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,150 | Props total: 222 222
 r a n c i d said:
That's the point though. Half the Glastonbury true fans BOYCOTTED Glastonbury and didn't fu*king turn up.

Therefore there was alot of vacant tickets for the commercial heads. He didn't impress any Glastonbury fans... He impressed bandwagoners
"Half the Glastonbury true fans"..... fu*k em then, nothing lost...... I hope a rapper performs every year at Glastonbury from now on, and the anti hip hoppers can keep their a.ss at home...
 07-01-2008, 12:42 PM         #189
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LilEscobar said:
"Half the Glastonbury true fans"..... fu*k em then, nothing lost...... I hope a rapper performs every year at Glastonbury from now on, and the anti hip hoppers can keep their a.ss at home...
But it is something lost. It's Glastonbury lost.

Because while Jay Z isn't the death of the festival himself. In principal, he is the first step towards the festival selling out for the MTV heads.

To the fans it's not even really about the Hip Hop. It's about the fact Jay Z was headline.

Did you hear anyone complain about Lupe Fiasco?
 9 years ago '06        #190
antoniolucky 
space
space
space
$709 | Props total: 0 0
yea in 10 years he's on his poo
 9 years ago '04        #191
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,669 | Props total: 2201 2201
Jay-Z not even pop as you make it seem tho..that just came from longevity
 9 years ago '05        #192
Pegcityplaya 
space
space
$1,747 | Props total: 0 0
Jay-z is garbage and has always been garbage. Can't believe he gets as much credit as he does.
 07-01-2008, 02:55 PM         #193
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:

Bandwagoners? So now you know the personality of each of the thousands of people who were in the crowd

C'mon now you're really reaching and you know it and stop making it seem like Jay-Z is in the same boat as the Backstreet Boys as being pop :rolleyes: Are you serious?

Last edited by REAL_NESS; 07-01-2008 at 02:58 PM..
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago