UFC 86 Discussion

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM         #161
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wawdy24 said:
Please remove your lil wee wee from rampages a.ss ... I don't think he would like it ... face it, he got beat, he admitted defeat, but yet the people that think it was a racial win because Forrest is white (You idiots complaining on Boxden), can't get it through your heads ... RAMPAGE SAID HE GOT HIS a.ss BEAT IN THE POST f!ght INTERVIEW WITH ROGEN!
and after rewatching the f!ght and talking to his corner he has changed his mind.
seriously, who looks like they got their a.ss beat from that post f!ght pic?
 07-07-2008, 05:31 PM         #162
bigox420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphopsince1983 said:
Look at the elements of the f!ght.

Submissions/Submission Attempts

By my count, Forrest had two Americana locks, a Triangle lock and a few loose holds that never amounted to anything. Rampage just successfully escaped those attempts. Forrest wins this because at least he attempted and held him compared to Rampage's lack of attempts.

1-0 Griffin

Ground and Pound

Griffin was more concerned with making Rampage submit/getting into half-guard than he was pounding. Rampage's attempt at ground and pound were neutralized by Forrest wrapping his arms up. This is a draw.

1-0 Griffin

Boxing

Rampage dominated. Griffin landed some blows, but Rampage connected more and hit harder. No contest.

1-1 Tied

Kicking

Leg kicks, head kick attempts, thigh kicks. This is where Griffin won the match. By effectively taking out Rampage's mobility with these kicks, he made the f!ght his and controlled the pace of the f!ght with the threat of more leg kicks to follow. It was a great lesson to MMA students that you can never underestimate a good kick to the knee.

2-1 Griffin

Grappling

From my recollection, there was a nice grappling hold, almost like a guillotine that Griffin had Rampage locked in where he threw quite a few knees to the skull. Other than that, there wasn't much grappling in this f!ght.

3-1 Griffin

Rampage fought a one dimensional f!ght. He didn't deserve to win.

Thats the way I seen it to. All rampege did was throw punches. No take downs no Sub attempts no kicks. It was a MMA f!ght not a boxing match.
Great f!ght by both f!ghters. Can't wait for the re-match.

Last edited by bigox420; 07-08-2008 at 08:46 AM..
 07-07-2008, 05:52 PM         #163
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was MMA, but should they judge every area like you explained equally when those other areas didnt really mean sh*t? No real work was done on the ground by either side. The judging in UFC is stupid in my opinion if thats the case because if some Jitsu f*g takes someone to the ground every round and just attempts submits he wins the f!ght even without any striking. Yet if someone throws punches the whole match he gets penalized for it? I dont care if Rampage thought he lost thats cool, watching the f!ght its beyond obvious who won. Rampage landed harder punches and more of them, Griffin had a few kicks and that was it!
 07-07-2008, 09:43 PM         #164
Rob_136 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
It was MMA, but should they judge every area like you explained equally when those other areas didnt really mean sh*t? No real work was done on the ground by either side. The judging in UFC is stupid in my opinion if thats the case because if some Jitsu f*g takes someone to the ground every round and just attempts submits he wins the f!ght even without any striking. Yet if someone throws punches the whole match he gets penalized for it? I dont care if Rampage thought he lost thats cool, watching the f!ght its beyond obvious who won. Rampage landed harder punches and more of them, Griffin had a few kicks and that was it!
Rampage didn't get penalized once. Seriously your a d*ckhead and you need to realize this isn't boxing... it's mixed martial arts. Maybe Rampage should learn some Jitsu defense before his next f!ght so he can keep the f!ght standing.
 9 years ago '04        #165
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
 ill800 said:
and after rewatching the f!ght and talking to his corner he has changed his mind.
seriously, who looks like they got their a.ss beat from that post f!ght pic?
because they are salty ... they got beat ... his fans crying r*pe ... its rediculous. I've watched the f!ght 5 times ... there is very little forward movement by jackson in any of the rounds ... it was like Forrest forced the issue at all times ... I posted a link ... watch the fu*king thing in HD ... not on your 1978 Zenith man!
 07-08-2008, 04:31 AM         #166
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rob_136 said:
Rampage didn't get penalized once. Seriously your a d*ckhead and you need to realize this isn't boxing... it's mixed martial arts. Maybe Rampage should learn some Jitsu defense before his next f!ght so he can keep the f!ght standing.
Um outside of the 2nd round the whole f!ght was basically standing. The only other time it went to the ground I believe Griffin had to let go of his submission attempt before he got knocked out with a slam. I can understand giving Griffin more points based off pushing the f!ght but that doesnt get him a win. All you have to do to win is go foward and not get knocked out? Because he did almost no damage outside of the 1st round leg kicks...
 07-08-2008, 06:23 AM         #167
Rob_136 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
Um outside of the 2nd round the whole f!ght was basically standing. The only other time it went to the ground I believe Griffin had to let go of his submission attempt before he got knocked out with a slam. I can understand giving Griffin more points based off pushing the f!ght but that doesnt get him a win. All you have to do to win is go foward and not get knocked out? Because he did almost no damage outside of the 1st round leg kicks...
Michida beat Ortiz without going forward......

Rampage landed some punches and got him to the ground once..... Griffin did the same. Griffin had submissions and Rampage didn't..... Griffin was able to get Rampage out of his guard and back to his feet. Rampage had gotten mounted and didn't get up... the round ending saved him.
 07-08-2008, 09:18 AM         #168
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wawdy24 said:
because they are salty ... they got beat ... his fans crying r*pe ... its rediculous. I've watched the f!ght 5 times ... there is very little forward movement by jackson in any of the rounds ... it was like Forrest forced the issue at all times ... I posted a link ... watch the fu*king thing in HD ... not on your 1978 Zenith man!
n*gga i have the f!ght dvr'd, in HD, on my 56" led samsung, fu*kboy. what does forward movement have anything to do with? rampage is a counter puncher. his strategy was to let forrest come in on him.
 07-08-2008, 02:32 PM         #169
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rob_136 said:
Michida beat Ortiz without going forward......

Rampage landed some punches and got him to the ground once..... Griffin did the same. Griffin had submissions and Rampage didn't..... Griffin was able to get Rampage out of his guard and back to his feet. Rampage had gotten mounted and didn't get up... the round ending saved him.
He was mounted the WHOLE round how did it ending save him?Griffin couldnt do anything for like 4 minutes how did it save him?
 9 years ago '04        #170
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,070 | Props total: 6132 6132
 -BigC- said:
yes because the submissions show he is trying to finish the f!ght. Since he is trying he is being active even when in bad positions(aka the guard) Rampage doesnt have much a ground game and never really did. It was obvious in this f!ght when it went to the ground
 07-08-2008, 03:05 PM         #171
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm surprised such a boring f!ght has sparked such conversation... just let these two rematch immediately so I never have to see these two f!ght each other ever again. Forrest hurt Rampage's leg early in the 2nd so Rampage couldn't come forward and be explosive as he usually is... you gotta give credit to Forrest for that. You gotta take the belt decisively from the champ though, it's been that way in the f!ght game for years and years.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy