Official 2.40 Thread (2.41 Available for Download)

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #61
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
sucks that trophies won't be awarded for previous saves....we have to start games all over again in order to earn them......fluck!
 06-30-2008, 12:12 PM         #62
roclo7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 2nd is the day
 9 years ago '05        #63
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,080 | Props total: 10757 10757
i picked a good time to play b3yond :)
 9 years ago '04        #64
GoSensGo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,817 | Props total: 454 454
 bgj887 said:
ign 2.40 impressions

Love what I'm hearing..

All I need is "game status during ps2/ps1 action" and hell, it would be crazy if it told ppl what Blu-Ray you were watching.. :wow:
 9 years ago '05        #65
bgj887 
space
space
$1,517 | Props total: 30 30
damn custom soundtracks wont work like i thought

"Along with being able to manipulate your Friends list, possibly the coolest ability with the in-game XMB access is the ability to play your own music. Yes, we're talking custom soundtracks here. Note that this ability has to be added to a game to enable it, so it won't work with existing stuff unless the games are patched, but it's an option that will likely hit many upcoming titles.

You can go in and play any track on your system, obviously. The cool part though is that Sony has added a compact control panel at the top of the Music category that gives you quick access to oft-used functions, like play, pause, skip and whatnot. You can also change the volume with the panel, so you can turn down your music a bit if it overpowers the game's audio effects. While there won't be any games to support this at 2.40's launch, we did see a demo of it working with PixelJunk Monsters Encore, so it's obviously a candidate for a patch down the line."
 9 years ago '04        #66
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
well yeah....this introduces the ability for developers to incorporate this into their current titles or future titles.

it's not going to be that easy...but like it said, patches will be made for certain titles...but in a few months...i'm sure every game will have this
 9 years ago '06        #67
WhoSentU 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 562 562
 # 58 said:
i'm Sure Every sony Game Will Have This
:d....
 06-30-2008, 03:27 PM         #68
FaceMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
Yup, but it's not by much at all. sh*t i may just be because of the content at this point. Color me very, very impressed. They pretty much took everything that XBL had and implemented it and in some cases made it better. I think the trophy system is dope and better than the achievements because of the Platinum ones. Live is officially not worth 50 bucks a year after Wednesday, but I haven't had to pay in three years because my wife gets one year cards all the time from work. I would pay though because I want to be able to play online with both consoles. When Sony gets their movies & tv sh*t up look out. M$ is gonna have to lower the price of Live or something. I can't wait to mess around with this, I hope a lot of games get patched for the trophies and most if not all games going forward support this feature.
n*gga you know what website you on? You can get damn near whatever you want and put it on your PS3.
 9 years ago '06        #69
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
I hope that Uncharted and GTAIV will get patched for trophies.
 9 years ago '04        #70
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 FaceMob said:
n*gga you know what website you on? You can get damn near whatever you want and put it on your PS3.
Judging from that 13 under my name, and the 41 under my name on itsbx I know where I'm at, that does mean that the majority of people pirate sh*t? I'm not speaking of myself.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 06-30-2008 at 04:19 PM..
 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM         #71
Young Bastard  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bastard gon be harassin yall fools in game in 2 days
 9 years ago '04        #72
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,520 | Props total: 3305 3305
 Maddog345 said:
I hope that Uncharted and GTAIV will get patched for trophies.
dude in the trophies vid it shows uncharted so im sure it will get patched
 9 years ago '04        #73
Ghost13 
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 3 3
Guess I'll be powering up Super Stardust again. Maybe I'll have some motivation to finish NG:S (even though I'm playing NG2 right now).
 9 years ago '07        #74
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
Looks good to me, I guess
 9 years ago '05        #75
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
Official 2.40 FAQ

Eric Lempel said:
Firmware v2.40 FAQ

+ Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations

Hi again! It’s great to see the positive reaction to the unveiling of system software update v2.40. We can’t wait for you to finally go hands-on with XMB access in-game and the Trophy system – and it’s less than 2 days away. Not surprisingly, a number of you have posed questions both here and on other forums. Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions.

Will voice-messaging/private chat be featured in 2.40 as well? If not, can we expect to see this feature added in the future?

We are evaluating the opportunity to offer voice chat, but for this update, we wanted to focus on text messaging as the key priority for communications that our users have asked for.

Can you use the web browser in game?

No, you must exit the game before browsing the internet.

Will In-Game XMB come up during playback of PS2 games, Blu-Ray discs, and DVDs?

The XMB is an exclusive feature for PS3 game titles. Accessing the XMB during gameplay was the top request from our users, which we focused on for this update. However, we continually engage PS3 owners for feedback and will evaluate the opportunity to offer XMB access during movie playback in the future.

Can we go to the display settings and change anything there in-game (resolution, input, etc)?

No, you must exit the game before changing these settings.

Will it be possible to change in-game the sound output?

Yes, sound output changes are supported.

Will we be able to access the PLAYSTATION Store while in-game?

No, but you can view your downloads in progress.

Will we be able to stream music (either via media server or USB drive) for custom soundtracks or is it relegated to music stored on the HDD?

Currently only music stored on the HDD is accessible in games that support this feature. We’d also like to reiterate that Firmware v2.40 merely enables custom soundtracks. It’s up to developers to include this feature in upcoming games (or to patch existing ones).

Does 2.4 enable cross game invites? Will it down the line?

No, cross-game invites are not available in this system software update. We are evaluating opportunities to expand on the new features delivered in 2.40.

Will trophies be mandatory for all games release here on out?

We are working with developers to ensure that Trophies are supported across the board in the future.

Where is each player’s trophy stat info held? I am going to upgrade my hard drive and I don’t know if the trophies will still be on my account if I earn some and then get a new hard drive.

Trophies will be attached to users’ PSN ID. Trophy data needs to be synchronized to the online account on PSN to be transferred to the new PS3 system.

Will the patch automatically allocate unlocked trophies according to your saved files or would you have to do it again?

No, Trophies aren’t retroactive.

Can we view PSN profiles/Trophies from a PC using a Web browser? Will there be an API for web developers to access the PSN data, so online profiles can be created?

We’re evaluating these opportunities to expand where Trophies can be experienced.

Can you only compare trophies with friends that are online?

As long as a friend has a PSN account, you can compare trophies with them regardless of their online status.

Is there a limit to how many trophies the devs can put set by Sony?

There’s not a limit on number of trophies, but there’s a value a.ssigned to each trophy. Developers must balance out the trophies that are available to stay within an overall value based on whether the game is considered large-scope or small-scope. Essentially, a user that has unlocked every trophy in one game would have the same level as a user that unlocked every trophy in another title, all titles (depending on scope) have the same overall impact on a users’ level.

Will new games have a cool little icon on the back saying “trophy compatible?”

We’re currently working on how Trophy support will be messaged to the consumer on our software packaging.

When you get a trophy, does it make a noise?

Currently, no.

What is Eric’s favorite cheese?

Mozzarella

Once again, we will continue to evaluate opportunities to enhance the PLAYSTATION 3’s system software throughout the console’s life cycle. Consumer feedback has contributed greatly to the contents of Firmware v2.40, and continues to be appreciated. Don’t forget, th

is Firmware will be available for download on July 2nd.
So who's gonna be the first to complain that the PS3 doesn't make a noise when you get a trophy?

Last edited by natural; 06-30-2008 at 06:29 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #76
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
^^does it at least pop up and tell you that you got it?

Last edited by htownplaya; 06-30-2008 at 06:30 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #77
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 htownplaya said:
^^does it at least pop up and tell you that you got it?
Yes it does.
 9 years ago '06        #78
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 natural said:
Official 2.40 FAQ

So who's gonna be the first to complain that the PS3 doesn't make a noise when you get a trophy?
this update is def a great step forward. not gonna set expectations tho, notice how basically every answer by that Eric dude was a "No" or some diplomatic answer to why something isnt there. Hopefully in game private chat will come soon, but i'm happy we gettin this much needed update.
 9 years ago '05        #79
STL-FYNEST314 
space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 3 3
im kinda salty that it wont be able to stream music while in game at the moment. sh*ts a good look though.
 9 years ago '05        #80
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
i'm just happy I'll be able to use the 2000+ songs I do have on the HDD.

And I think with Sony and the PS3 there is one key for new features being added: The user asking for them. I'm sure before 3.00 we'll have some of the features that he's answering "No" to right now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now