EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
417 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #141
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
and please don't disgrace dan marino saying that romo's in a similar situation... the comboys have a great squad and marino had to carry his team to one superbowl and couldn't do it again cuz he played with a bunch of scrubs... Romo's proven he can't carry his team like marino, or like eli did at the end of the superbowl... like I said in previous posts he can be great during the regular season, but in the playoffs he couldn't even take his team down the field and score against the giants with the season on the line, that = choking
Read my post all over again because you clearly missed the point w/ Marino. Also, Eli Manning never carried his team in the playoffs. "Carried" sort of implies that his defense didn't show up which everyone will agree, it did. But if Romo, Favre, and Brady couldn't drive down the field and score w/ the season on the line, I dont think it's called choking, it's more likely b/c of a good defense.
 9 years ago '06        #142
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
2 overrated quarter backs, david tyree should've gotten the superbowl mvp if anything and Tony Homo is not a guy I want running my team with the game on the line
 9 years ago '08        #143
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 beantown85 said:
2 overrated quarter backs, david tyree should've gotten the superbowl mvp if anything and Tony Homo is not a guy I want running my team with the game on the line
Patriots fans cannot speak iam sorry

*shows beantown the door*

^^^ go find an NBA thread to post in
 9 years ago '04        #144
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
all quotes from giants players strongly say otherwise. reese has said he wishes he had a team full of shockeys. that boss catch in the superbowl woulda been a td if it was shockey, shockey would not get caught from behind. shockey would not only have 1 catch in the superbowl.
1. Boss is a good young player...but he is nowhere near Shockey's level
Aite yall are right Boss isnt better than shockey yet but he will be in a couple of years. Shockey is a godd TE but hes a pus*y that bi*ches all season long every season.
 9 years ago '07        #145
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 Kadroan said:
Yeah Campbell really is going to show out in the West Coast offense. He's a solid passer and plays well when healthy. Having Todd Collins bk should really push him, make him better. best game ive seen from his this year was the NE game, its just sucks that he got recievers like Moss & Randel El who quits on running routes.
now im watching the convos go back and forth through pages about this in particular just had me like
 9 years ago '04        #146
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
Actually Rodney Harrison shoulda got MVP cuz if it were any other safety with the game on the line on third down they woulda went for the swat instead of the pick. Thank You rodney for being the biggest sh*thead on the planet and for costing you team the SB. Unfortunately the MVP usually goes to the winning team. fu*k the Pats
 06-25-2008, 08:07 PM         #147
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:
Read my post all over again because you clearly missed the point w/ Marino. Also, Eli Manning never carried his team in the playoffs. "Carried" sort of implies that his defense didn't show up which everyone will agree, it did. But if Romo, Favre, and Brady couldn't drive down the field and score w/ the season on the line, I dont think it's called choking, it's more likely b/c of a good defense.
I said eli carried his team at the end of the superbowl... carried = lead, it's all the same stuff... favre, and brady have won superbowls so they've already established themselves. Not even the greatest players get it done all the time, but they do get it done... in romo's case there were two plays on the final drive where TO broke free and was open to score and he couldn't get him the ball.. my giants do have a great defense but if you put eli, peyton, brady, favre in that position they've proven to find a way to beat the defense and romo hasn't... as stacked as dallas is you just wonder if he will get it done
 9 years ago '06        #148
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 fat_boyy22 said:
I said eli carried his team at the end of the superbowl... carried = lead, it's all the same stuff... favre, and brady have won superbowls so they've already established themselves. Not even the greatest players get it done all the time, but they do get it done... in romo's case there were two plays on the final drive where TO broke free and was open to score and he couldn't get him the ball.. my giants do have a great defense but if you put eli, peyton, brady, favre in that position they've proven to find a way to beat the defense and romo hasn't... as stacked as dallas is you just wonder if he will get it done
True... how old is Romo now? 28? Hes got about 2-3 years left in the league.... he had 1 and a half years to establish himself already since becoming a starter, he'll never win a game :rolleyes:

Relax n*gga.... the Cowboys offense is good, its hardly "stacked".... remember that our offensive production JUMPED when Romo took over last season, Drew Bledsoe wasnt getting it done so its not just a "stacked" offense... Romo is the reason why its considered a great offense

Carson Palmer has ZERO playoff wins with that stacked offense...

Peyton Manning started his career 0-3 in the playoffs... stacked offense

lets not forgot that Peyton got SHUT OUT his 3rd playoff loss to the Jets 41-0 in a game where he had 137 yards, 0 TD and 2 INT... considered the GOAT now by some tho right? Top 5 undisputed all time

lol wake up n*gga.. its not that serious that Romo hasnt won a PO game yet, he hasnt started a full 2 seasons yet

Last edited by eLLz; 06-25-2008 at 09:15 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #149
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Syphernix said:
now im watching the convos go back and forth through pages about this in particular just had me like
for real... Skins got smashed

the only game I watched Campbell and was impressed since he came to the NFL was the game against the Eagles, their 2nd game against the Eagles last season... He had a great game & didnt try to do too much

I like him, he has good tools and performed well in Auburn winning SEC OPOY on that Champ team
 9 years ago '07        #150
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
ok ok ok i know this is off topic but i wanted to post this where i know a good amount of people who share my views....though its on sports, views nonetheless...

well yea i posted this in the financial spot- but i really wanted it to get out

ok so im newly graduted from college, had an idea to try to start up a business venture of some kind, involving any kind of business thats thought up with my fellow a.ssociates that im seeking out, its pretty much kind of spur of the moment but i would like serious feed back on who is interested

Please note- im not some little kid who has no plans of pursuing it

Im looking for people already out of college or about to exit with an Entrepreneur mindset

locations arent that important at this particular time, but mainly because i live on the east coast.....people from DC,MD,VA,NY,NC etc. are asked to atleast consider
 9 years ago '04        #151
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
 NeXPhazE said:
Actually Rodney Harrison shoulda got MVP cuz if it were any other safety with the game on the line on third down they woulda went for the swat instead of the pick. Thank You rodney for being the biggest sh*thead on the planet and for costing you team the SB. Unfortunately the MVP usually goes to the winning team. fu*k the Pats
Yeah..it wasn't Asante Samuel's dropped interception when he was literally by himself but jumped too early..that sh*t was pathetic. You can't blame Rodney on that play..gotta give credit to Tyree and Eli(and the holding on their o-line:rolleyes:jk)

Either way, I don't want either of these QBs..
 9 years ago '06        #152
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 tommymm96 said:
Yeah..it wasn't Asante Samuel's dropped interception when he was literally by himself but jumped too early..that sh*t was pathetic. You can't blame Rodney on that play..gotta give credit to Tyree and Eli(and the holding on their o-line:rolleyes:jk)

Either way, I don't want either of these QBs..
Asante Samuel is NOT making that play.... I argued with someone before on here about that

the ball just grazed his fingertips, he was trying to maintain his feet in bounds before the play + he just doesnt have that much hops to make that play.... its not an easy INTER
 9 years ago '08        #153
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
Pats fans still salty
 9 years ago '05        #154
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,496 | Props total: 717 717
romo no doubt about it...eli isnt even that good, he had a couple good games during the playoffs...does everyone forget who lead the league in interceptions during the season? pretty sure it was the giants qb...whats his name again? ELI MANNING...he will repeat that this year and the giants will be fu*kin trash
 9 years ago '04        #155
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
the ball just grazed his fingertips, he was trying to maintain his feet in bounds before the play + he just doesnt have that much hops to make that play.... its not an easy INTER
Thats prob the smartest thing ive herd outta u all discussion. That wasnt an easy play to make. You cant blame him he had to keep both feet in and make the catch. BUT rodney harrison only had to swat the ball away, but he went for the pick and got sh*tted on. Thats why he wins MVP.
 06-26-2008, 06:17 AM         #156
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
True... how old is Romo now? 28? Hes got about 2-3 years left in the league.... he had 1 and a half years to establish himself already since becoming a starter, he'll never win a game :rolleyes:

Relax n*gga.... the Cowboys offense is good, its hardly "stacked".... remember that our offensive production JUMPED when Romo took over last season, Drew Bledsoe wasnt getting it done so its not just a "stacked" offense... Romo is the reason why its considered a great offense

Carson Palmer has ZERO playoff wins with that stacked offense...

Peyton Manning started his career 0-3 in the playoffs... stacked offense

lets not forgot that Peyton got SHUT OUT his 3rd playoff loss to the Jets 41-0 in a game where he had 137 yards, 0 TD and 2 INT... considered the GOAT now by some tho right? Top 5 undisputed all time

lol wake up n*gga.. its not that serious that Romo hasnt won a PO game yet, he hasnt started a full 2 seasons yet

i agree its too early to really say anything, but remember all sorts of people(not sure if you were one of them) labeling eli a bust after his first playoff loss, noone would listen to the argument about how early in his career he is and how his numbers at this point in his career were better than alot of great qbs.

just remember most people are idiots there only a few that arent
 9 years ago '05        #157
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
 mattdogg444 said:
romo no doubt about it...eli isnt even that good, he had a couple good games during the playoffs...does everyone forget who lead the league in interceptions during the season? pretty sure it was the giants qb...whats his name again? ELI MANNING...he will repeat that this year and the giants will be fu*kin trash
Hmmm the hate is strong with this one

Seriously though, Eli can throw 20 picks this year again if the result at the end is the same, and we know what the result was.

Go play some fu*king hockey
 06-26-2008, 10:30 AM         #158
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateZFinest said:
you keep saying that, but i've never once said that romo wouldn't get criticized. i said people will compare him to marino. that's not exactly a good thing, considering marino still gets flack for not being a champion
My fault, I misread. I thought you were saying it was a good thing to make that comparison.

fat_boyy22 said:
I honestly do think from what I've seen so far, romo does choke in the playoffs... his first playoff game should've been a win but he botched the placement... his last playoff game wasn't all his fault but he did have chances to score at the end of the game but he couldn't stand the heat of the giants pass rush
A measly 2 games tells you that? Actually, 1 situation and a final drive proves he's a choke artist? ...you have got to be sh*ttin me.

As far as the Giants pass rush...NO ONE could stand the heat of that front-4. Last I checked it was the o-line and back's responsibilty to pass protect, you can't fault the QB for that. As soon as the ball was hiked he had to retreat. I mean sh*t, if Brady looked like a deer in the headlights in the SB, how do you think Romo felt?

Stupendamatic said:
If the Bears can make it to the SB with Rex Grossman as their QB I think we will be fine with Eli.

Didn't Rex have like a 7 QB rating one of those games that year??
I remember him having a 1, no bullsh*t...he played that whole game too. The defense saved his @ss, cause they actually ended up winning somehow.

lilt9484 said:
1) that is your definiton of same boat.... I understand what u are saying all stats no ring but whether u like it or not you are implying that romo will be putting up numbers comparable to Marino

2) Chill ya a.ss out i made one comment but you are riding romos d*ck so hard that you had to make a bold statement to try and make me look stupid

3) If you are gonna have a sig that says dont throw pleez remove ROY WILLIAMS from the sig cuz once again u look like an idiot maybe i should make a dont throw sig and put Jason David next to Mckenzie

Its all good i understand what you were saying. I just made the point that Romo isnt comparable to Marino yet becuz I wanted to make sure there was an understanding that Marino is way better than romo. The way you wrote it, it seemed as tho u were implying that Romo is a Marino Caliber QB (not yet).

A simple "i didnt mean that" would have gotten your point across better. You proceeded to call me an a**hole(which is something you wouldnt do if i was in the same room with u; hopefully out of respect, cuz then we would have problems).

i never said romo sucks, nor did i say you were an idiot, or did i even direct my statement directly to you until you started catching feelings and called me an a**hole

Hopefuly dallas will meet us in the playoffs so we can spank that a.ss again like in 06'.
Bruh, I cuss @ everyone, stop being sensitive. If words offend you then you need to man the fu*k up. And since when do people only cuss because they "caught feelings"...

I wasn't implying dude would have Marino-type stats at all, I was comparing the situation. I said "all stats and no ring", not "all Marino-type stats and no ring". Try paying attention. I mean how the hell can you tell me what I implied? Look at how he faired this season, he's capable up putting up big numbers. Actually, Peyton is the only other active QB who had better stats than Romo did this past year. Brady obviously lit it up last season, so in his case I'm referring to previous season highs. Brees has had more yards, but not close to as many TD's.....just thought I'd throw that in there. I can really care less if you think I talk about Romo to much, but I made a Romo/Eli thread...dipsh*t. You feel like you've heard enough? Good, keep it fu*kin movin.

As far as my sig....:sleepy: I didn't make it. Second, a secondary is a unit, not a person. Third, Roy only plays on the basic 3-4 package and not in our nickel/dime packages...so he won't even be in pass coverage much. Fourth, you're a Saints fan, so you have NO business talkin sh*t about someone else's defense...thanks for your concern though.:) ----->:rolleyes:

Last, you think you're meeting the 'Boys in the playoffs? ...no n*gga, New Orleans won't be there. Tampa is takin that sh*t again and the NFC East will own the wild cards as before.

El Fuerte said:
Patriots fans cannot speak iam sorry

*shows beantown the door*

^^^ go find an NBA thread to post in

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 06-26-2008 at 12:40 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #159
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
:finger::finger::finger: thanks a**holes...

anyway its still GIANTS ALL DAY......
 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM         #160
U.G.K.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Accidently clicked tony homo

Poll should be 25 to 20
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
324 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy