Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #121
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
you cannot compare marino to eli or romo, because dan marino had a full career with great stats. eli and romo are still in the earlier stages of their career (well, actually Romo is pushign 30 ). so is eli a better play than marino? no. but does that mean he won't be or can't be? absolutely not. theres no point in even going there. you can't just say "marino never won a superbowl, is eli better than him?" That's like saying "J-Kidd never won a ring, and if CP3 does, is he considered a better point guard?" it makes no sense because CP3 is capable of being better than J-kidd, but as of now he can't touch J-kidds accomplishments. too early
That's exactly what I'm saying. The majority of Giant fan's opinions is that Eli Manning is better than Romo b/c he succeeded in the playoffs. They mention the playoff record alone and if all they're going to do is (ridiculously) cite playoff stats then I'm going to point out the fallacy in their logic. The point of mentioning Marino isn't to compare Marino to Manning or Romo, it's to show how stupid it is to only compare a quarterback's playoff record.

you wanted us to look at the whole picture when comparing qb's? now, it is more logical to compare romo and eli. both played similar ammount of time. eli has proven clutch (he has some crazy stat with comeback victories, can't recall at the top of my head), while romo has not. eli has proven he plays well against division rivals, romo does aiite but not as well as eli. and eli has proven he can go the distance in the postseason.
Look @ the Buffalo and Detroit games from last season. And not to go too far back but I remember Romo comin back against the Giants 2 seasons ago too. To say Romo hasn't shown he can make a comeback is just being ignorant. Romo has proven he can be clutch but it looks like your writing him off because he doesnt win every single one. And keep in mind Romo puts alot of points on the board and rarely has his team in the position where he is forced to come back. Of the 13 games the Cowboys won, 9 of them were by 2 possessions or more. The difference in division games is minimal but the postseason is ur only real arguing point 4 Eli which I think Romo will change this season. I also think it's worth 2 note the almost 25 point difference in quarterback rating. (last season and career wise)
 9 years ago '06        #122
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 El Fuerte said:
real talk, he has like 7 or 8 late 4th quarter comebacks in the first 2-3 years of his career...Eli = ELWAYish
theres a lot of intangibles tho.... Youre team has to play close games for that to happen

You didnt see not one game winning drive for Tom Brady last year & the main reason was they r*ped every team they played minus the Giants & you can proly put the Jags in there

Football and Basketball are night & day in terms of team sports..... in Football if youre a Linebacker you have to count on your Offense to show up but you have NO control over that, if youre a Quarterback you have to count on your defense to show up but you have NO control over that either

Theres a lot of factors that add up to winning a football game, You could put Peyton Manning behind the Steelers offensive line & I guarentee you he wouldnt look as good, theres so many factors that add into individual success, a QB has to have good targets + good pass-pro & a good running game to keep a Defense true always helps.... a running back needs a good passing game to open up his runs & he needs a good offensive line to open up blocks or hes not doing sh*t.. more aspects to a W then in Basketball where Kobe can impact both sides of the floor

Last edited by eLLz; 06-25-2008 at 01:51 PM..
 06-25-2008, 01:52 PM         #123
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:
That's exactly what I'm saying. The majority of Giant fan's opinions is that Eli Manning is better than Romo b/c he succeeded in the playoffs. They mention the playoff record alone and if all they're going to do is (ridiculously) cite playoff stats then I'm going to point out the fallacy in their logic. The point of mentioning Marino isn't to compare Marino to Manning or Romo, it's to show how stupid it is to only compare a quarterback's playoff record.

Look @ the Buffalo and Detroit games from last season. And not to go too far back but I remember Romo comin back against the Giants 2 seasons ago too. To say Romo hasn't shown he can make a comeback is just being ignorant. Romo has proven he can be clutch but it looks like your writing him off because he doesnt win every single one. And keep in mind Romo puts alot of points on the board and rarely has his team in the position where he is forced to come back. Of the 13 games the Cowboys won, 9 of them were by 2 possessions or more. The difference in division games is minimal but the postseason is ur only real arguing point 4 Eli which I think Romo will change this season. I also think it's worth 2 note the almost 25 point difference in quarterback rating. (last season and career wise)

you actually directly compared manning to marino, but i'll let that slide since it seems like that wasn't the direction you were trying to go.

and i'm sorry, i can't call someone clutch who fumbles a snap for a field goal and throws an interception on a game winning drive on the big stage of the postseason.

yea he had a great regular season, yea he puts a lot of points on the board. but fact of the matter is eli got the job done, and romo couldn't.

you keep trying to shrug off postseason record as if it's not one of the most important factors in a hall of fame career.
 9 years ago '06        #124
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 StateZFinest said:
you actually directly compared manning to marino, but i'll let that slide since it seems like that wasn't the direction you were trying to go.

and i'm sorry, i can't call someone clutch who fumbles a snap for a field goal and throws an interception on a game winning drive on the big stage of the postseason.

yea he had a great regular season, yea he puts a lot of points on the board. but fact of the matter is eli got the job done, and romo couldn't.

you keep trying to shrug off postseason record as if it's not one of the most important factors in a hall of fame career.
you know as well as I do that the INT at the end of the game was just a force throw with a prayer.... its not like he made a bad read

Eli happened to fumble TWICE in the Superbowl and the Giants were lucky to get both back... Im not concerned with Romo fumbling a FG snap, I still believe that the ball was slicked up on purpose so that he would mishandle it (Google it, Im not gonna cry about it tho)..... Its something that he'll never have to do again tho so
 9 years ago '04        #125
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,464 | Props total: 6407 6407
 natural said:
Romo > E. Manning

This time next year Jason Campbell's name will be in this discussion.
Yeah Campbell really is going to show out in the West Coast offense. He's a solid passer and plays well when healthy. Having Todd Collins bk should really push him, make him better. best game ive seen from his this year was the NE game, its just sucks that he got recievers like Moss & Randel El who quits on running routes.
 06-25-2008, 02:03 PM         #126
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
you know as well as I do that the INT at the end of the game was just a force throw with a prayer.... its not like he made a bad read

Eli happened to fumble TWICE in the Superbowl and the Giants were lucky to get both back... Im not concerned with Romo fumbling a FG snap, I still believe that the ball was slicked up on purpose so that he would mishandle it (Google it, Im not gonna cry about it tho)..... Its something that he'll never have to do again tho so
yea eli fumbled twice, but he never made a mistake like that with the game on the line in the postseason. or enough times in the regular season for me to even recall one time he did that. he just marches down the field unfazed.

the man delivers under pressure.
 9 years ago '07        #127
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19

I just explained why I directly compared Manning to Marino, there's nothing you really need to let slide.

I hate bringing up reasons for a loss b/c then u get a debate as to what's an excuse, what's reason, etc...BUT as you prolly already know they instated a rule about what footballs could be used for field goals after that game. I'm not saying that's why Romo dropped it but I think the idea should b entertained rather than just writing Romo off as a choke artist. The Giants game I didnt see a choke at all. lol I saw Romo do everything he could to win the game, it's not like the last pass he had someone wide open and he fu*ked up, Glenn jus didnt come down w/ it.
 9 years ago '06        #128
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 StateZFinest said:
yea eli fumbled twice, but he never made a mistake like that with the game on the line in the postseason. or enough times in the regular season for me to even recall one time he did that. he just marches down the field unfazed.

the man delivers under pressure.
only Jon Kitna fumbled more snaps then Eli last year

only Jason Campbell LOST more fumbles last year then Eli

so he does make mistakes and drop balls.... on QB Snaps, not Field Goal holds

Im not gonna discredit what Eli does in the clutch but the fact that NY plays so many tight games gives him those chances to become poised in those situations
 9 years ago '04        #129
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
Romo's first two playoff games sh*t all over Eli's.

Let's see what Romo does this year in the playoffs before you idiots write him off as a choke artist. And before all of you idiots make Eli out to be some fu*king superhero, lets see if he can break an 80 QB rating next season.
 06-25-2008, 02:26 PM         #130
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
only Jon Kitna fumbled more snaps then Eli last year

only Jason Campbell LOST more fumbles last year then Eli

so he does make mistakes and drop balls.... on QB Snaps, not Field Goal holds

Im not gonna discredit what Eli does in the clutch but the fact that NY plays so many tight games gives him those chances to become poised in those situations
oh, i know he has his share of turnovers, not only fumbles lol.

i'm just saying, i cannot recall a single moment where we had a chance to win the game in the closing moments, and he fu*ks up badly. and if he did, he hasn't done it in a big enough situaion for me to remember like romo's
 06-25-2008, 02:27 PM         #131
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Romo's first two playoff games sh*t all over Eli's.

Let's see what Romo does this year in the playoffs before you idiots write him off as a choke artist. And before all of you idiots make Eli out to be some fu*king superhero, lets see if he can break an 80 QB rating next season.
*yawns*

he can have a 15.0 Qb rating for all i care,

just bring the chip back home again :). i don't give a fu*k about pretty statistics and numbers.
 9 years ago '04        #132
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 StateZFinest said:
*yawns*

he can have a 15.0 Qb rating for all i care,

just bring the chip back home again :). i don't give a fu*k about pretty statistics and numbers.
Good lucking even making it to the playoffs with a 15.0 QB rating. :slap:
 9 years ago '04        #133
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
LOL@Bosh being better then Shockey... idiot

the DEFENSIVE LINE WON THE SUPERBOWL

how come Giants fans dont realize this ?
1st of all its Boss not Bosh and Boss is> Shockey thats y the Giants dont want shockey dumbass.
2nd Im not a giants fan nor a cowboys fan so i dont have a biast opinion the Dfense didnt win the superbowl the giants won. Offense and Dfense the D did their job by pissin on brady and the O did their job pissin on the pats old a.ss D.
 9 years ago '05        #134
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
If the Bears can make it to the SB with Rex Grossman as their QB I think we will be fine with Eli..

Didn't Rex have like a 7 QB rating one of those games that year??
 06-25-2008, 04:53 PM         #135
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NeXPhazE said:
1st of all its Boss not Bosh and Boss is> Shockey thats y the Giants dont want shockey dumbass.
2nd Im not a giants fan nor a cowboys fan so i dont have a biast opinion the Dfense didnt win the superbowl the giants won. Offense and Dfense the D did their job by pissin on brady and the O did their job pissin on the pats old a.ss D.
all quotes from giants players strongly say otherwise. reese has said he wishes he had a team full of shockeys. that boss catch in the superbowl woulda been a td if it was shockey, shockey would not get caught from behind. shockey would not only have 1 catch in the superbowl.
 9 years ago '08        #136
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 NeXPhazE said:
1. Boss is a good young player...but he is nowhere near Shockey's level

2. I completely agree w/ ur 2nd point, The giants won, Eli was as much a part of it if not more a part of it than the defense. Its a team game, dudes is seriously REACHING just to descredit Eli
 06-25-2008, 05:30 PM         #137
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:

nobody's saying romo sucks.. he's a decent qb, but what I'm saying is eli is better.. yes his playoff run is the thing people are going to talk about most because it was incredible, but he's had comeback wins against dallas and philly and other teams, his problem was that he couldn't consistently play well

and please don't disgrace dan marino saying that romo's in a similar situation... the comboys have a great squad and marino had to carry his team to one superbowl and couldn't do it again cuz he played with a bunch of scrubs... Romo's proven he can't carry his team like marino, or like eli did at the end of the superbowl... like I said in previous posts he can be great during the regular season, but in the playoffs he couldn't even take his team down the field and score against the giants with the season on the line, that = choking
 06-25-2008, 06:00 PM         #138
HenryTheMenace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and The f!ghting Between The NFC East Rivals Continue....
 9 years ago '04        #139
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
This is essentially Brady vs. Manning.

If you go Romo then you go Peyton. If you go Eli then you go Tom. One has rings or more rings and the other has the stats. Until last season with Moss, Tom Brady's stats weren't even comparable to P. Manning and the same can be said for Eli to Romo.

So it's ring vs. regular season.
 06-25-2008, 06:26 PM         #140
lilt9484  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
:banghead:The "same boat" = relating two situations...which is a HUGE difference between comparing two people...are you still in school?
1) that is your definiton of same boat.... I understand what u are saying all stats no ring but whether u like it or not you are implying that romo will be putting up numbers comparable to Marino

2) Chill ya a.ss out i made one comment but you are riding romos d*ck so hard that you had to make a bold statement to try and make me look stupid

3) If you are gonna have a sig that says dont throw pleez remove ROY WILLIAMS from the sig cuz once again u look like an idiot maybe i should make a dont throw sig and put Jason David next to Mckenzie :slap:

Its all good i understand what you were saying. I just made the point that Romo isnt comparable to Marino yet becuz I wanted to make sure there was an understanding that Marino is way better than romo. The way you wrote it, it seemed as tho u were implying that Romo is a Marino Caliber QB (not yet).

A simple "i didnt mean that" would have gotten your point across better. You proceeded to call me an a**hole(which is something you wouldnt do if i was in the same room with u; hopefully out of respect, cuz then we would have problems).

i never said romo sucks, nor did i say you were an idiot, or did i even direct my statement directly to you until you started catching feelings and called me an a**hole :finger:

Hopefuly dallas will meet us in the playoffs so we can spank that a.ss again like in 06'.

Last edited by lilt9484; 06-25-2008 at 08:31 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now