EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #101
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 HHS said:
I'm a Cowboy fan, but given the fact that Eli just won a Super Bowl, which he had a big part in winning, and Romo hasn't managed to win a playoff game, I'm forced to vote Eli until Romo proves himself.
:applause::applause::applause::applause:
 9 years ago '06        #102
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443
 natural said:
Romo > E. Manning

This time next year Jason Campbell's name will be in this discussion.
thats a lie
 9 years ago '07        #103
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
3) why is n*ggas even tryin to compare eli manning to trent dilfer? they are not even the same. dilfer did absolutely nothing. even though we did have a great defense, our success was still based on how eli played. if eli played a bad game then we wouldnt of won a game. so yall should give eli credit for playing good and actually contributin to the title unlike dilfer.
Yo I cant find anywhere in the thread where someone mentions Dilfer, post it up, cuz honestly I cant find it.

And, like I said before, Giants fans, please stop using the flawed logic that because the Giants won the more "important" games, EG, the Superbowl, that Eli's a better player. It doesn't make sense; Dan Marino never won a Superbowl so Eli's a better player?

There are obviously more factors involved in determining which QB is better, so please try to use the whole picture to determine who is better rather than using who you want to win to determine the picture your using.
 06-25-2008, 09:33 AM         #104
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
I'm a Cowboy fan, but given the fact that Eli just won a Super Bowl, which he had a big part in winning, and Romo hasn't managed to win a playoff game, I'm forced to vote Eli until Romo proves himself.
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

this is a realistic opinion
 9 years ago '04        #105
WilbertCarl 
space
space
$662 | Props total: 29 29
Romo Romo Romo
 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM         #106
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:
Yo I cant find anywhere in the thread where someone mentions Dilfer, post it up, cuz honestly I cant find it.
 eLLz said:
NY was calling for his head, reporters were saying that he sucked d*ck & that was it for him & now hes god.... I wasnt aware that he ever proved sh*t, yeah he managed some games and won a Superbowl, big deal Trent Dilfer isnt a fu*king HOF QB

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '05        #107
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
 texasplayboy_23 said:
The same way you Giants fans made excuses about why you lost the 1st 2 times? Now it's bullsh*t huh?:rolleyes:

Oh...I could've sworn we scored on 3 possessions, so what's this "if Webster gets an int Dallas wouldn't have scored" sh*t?
Exactly my point, it's all a.ssumptions. As for the first two games I don't remember making any excuses like that saying if this or this happened the game would have been different. Maybe somebody else but not me.

Just for the record, Webster dropped a INT that he could have ran back I believe on your 2nd (not sure) loooooooong TD drive in the 1st half.

It's all a.ssumptions though, I don't like saying oh if this happened the game would have been different, simply because it didn't happen.

Last edited by Stupendamatic; 06-25-2008 at 10:32 AM..
 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM         #108
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
okay but without Stray, Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Alford, Robbins pass rush you dont win that game.... Youre not winning a shootout with the Pats and youre not holding them to 14 points
...and without that pass-rush they don't even sniff that game.

NeXPhazE said:
No I put ben and eli over romo cuz their better. Bens rookie season 17-1> Romo also Bens Superbowl Ring in the first complete season he started> romo also Eli beats the undefeated pats in the superbowl > romo. Rivers has a worse team than romo and makes sh*t happen. If romo doesnt win a playoff game this year now that they are stacked then Hasslebeck, Anderson, and Garrard will also be> Romo
You're an idiot, I saw spurts of it in your first comment. First off, put Ben on a team with an okay running game, an average defense, with a head coach who isn't a future HOF'er and he doesn't get that ring...I guaran-damn-tee it. Do you even remember his stats from those 1st 2 seasons?:rolleyes: Damon Huard and Matt Schaub did just as good this year.

That's not even the worst part, you said Rivers had the worse team like the Chargers aren't that damn good....they ARE that damn good. I could've sworn they went 11-5 and 14-2 the year before that...dumb@ss. The 2 teams are actually pretty equal, but the obvious difference is the QB's. Rivers has 1 of the greatest football players of all time on his team, the 2nd or 3rd best TE in the league, AND Chris Chambers, yet SD had the 20th ranked offense and were 26th in passing yards....now who's fu*kin fault is that?

And I should just ignore that last sentence of foolishness. With your logic, Peyton was an average QB before he won the SB since he could never get past the Patriots.:rolleyes:

kc10785 said:
How the fu*k do u sound winning a playoff game mean nothing.Tell the players on that team and watch how quick u get slap in the face.U can go 16-0 but if u get bounce in the 1st playoff game it means nothing.QB's are judge on playoffs performance not the regular season.face it Eli is one up on Romo right now at this point.Im a dallas find but im damn sure not blind .
n*gga you aren't a Cowboys fan.

QB's are judged on playoff AND regular season performance. How else can they get to the fu*kin playoffs if they don't perform somewhat decent in those 16 games? According to you we should snatch Dan Marino's bust out the HOF and toss it in the trash because he didn't get it done in the postseason....some of you say the stupidest sh*t.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 06-25-2008 at 10:50 AM..
 06-25-2008, 10:57 AM         #109
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupendamatic said:
Exactly my point, it's all a.ssumptions. As for the first two games I don't remember making any excuses like that saying if this or this happened the game would have been different. Maybe somebody else but not me.

Just for the record, Webster dropped a INT that he could have ran back I believe on your 2nd (not sure) loooooooong TD drive in the 1st half.

It's all a.ssumptions though, I don't like saying oh if this happened the game would have been different, simply because it didn't happen.
Agreed, I don't like saying it either. All I did was give the Giants props for beatin the 'Boys afterwards....I made zero excuses. I'm just saying that now to show how ridiculous people are...saying Romo's a choke artist when those playoff games could've easily went the other way, give or take a play.

And maybe you weren't the one with the excuses, but the rest of your comrads damn sure were.
 9 years ago '07        #110
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
 StateZFinest said:

[pic - click to view]

How did I know a Giants fan would catch some feelings and not even have a response to everything else I said
 06-25-2008, 11:04 AM         #111
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:
How did I know a Giants fan would catch some feelings and not even have a response to everything else I said

dawg that pic is like one of the oldest boxden jokes in the book. you said you couldn't find the quote so i was just helpin you out, and poking a little fun while i was at it.

calm yourself
 06-25-2008, 11:09 AM         #112
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:

And, like I said before, Giants fans, please stop using the flawed logic that because the Giants won the more "important" games, EG, the Superbowl, that Eli's a better player. It doesn't make sense; Dan Marino never won a Superbowl so Eli's a better player?

There are obviously more factors involved in determining which QB is better, so please try to use the whole picture to determine who is better rather than using who you want to win to determine the picture your using.
<--- very lazy. i usually dont' respond to a post unless it's completely retarded and i feel the need to embarass the person, but i'll take the time to debate with you if you want.

you cannot compare marino to eli or romo, because dan marino had a full career with great stats. eli and romo are still in the earlier stages of their career (well, actually Romo is pushign 30 ). so is eli a better play than marino? no. but does that mean he won't be or can't be? absolutely not. theres no point in even going there. you can't just say "marino never won a superbowl, is eli better than him?" That's like saying "J-Kidd never won a ring, and if CP3 does, is he considered a better point guard?" it makes no sense because CP3 is capable of being better than J-kidd, but as of now he can't touch J-kidds accomplishments. too early

you wanted us to look at the whole picture when comparing qb's? now, it is more logical to compare romo and eli. both played similar ammount of time. eli has proven clutch (he has some crazy stat with comeback victories, can't recall at the top of my head), while romo has not. eli has proven he plays well against division rivals, romo does aiite but not as well as eli. and eli has proven he can go the distance in the postseason.

so as of now, eli >>>> romo. romo can have his regular season stats and personal stats. if he keeps up with good numbers year after year, maybe people can compare him with marino (unless he wins a ring)

Last edited by StateZFinest; 06-25-2008 at 11:14 AM..
 06-25-2008, 11:37 AM         #113
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateZFinest said:
<--- very lazy. i usually dont' respond to a post unless it's completely retarded and i feel the need to embarass the person, but i'll take the time to debate with you if you want.

you cannot compare marino to eli or romo, because dan marino had a full career with great stats. eli and romo are still in the earlier stages of their career (well, actually Romo is pushign 30 ). so is eli a better play than marino? no. but does that mean he won't be or can't be? absolutely not. theres no point in even going there. you can't just say "marino never won a superbowl, is eli better than him?" That's like saying "J-Kidd never won a ring, and if CP3 does, is he considered a better point guard?" it makes no sense because CP3 is capable of being better than J-kidd, but as of now he can't touch J-kidds accomplishments. too early

you wanted us to look at the whole picture when comparing qb's? now, it is more logical to compare romo and eli. both played similar ammount of time. eli has proven clutch (he has some crazy stat with comeback victories, can't recall at the top of my head), while romo has not. eli has proven he plays well against division rivals, romo does aiite but not as well as eli. and eli has proven he can go the distance in the postseason.

so as of now, eli >>>> romo. romo can have his regular season stats and personal stats. if he keeps up with good numbers year after year, maybe people can compare him with marino (unless he wins a ring)
That's BS though. You think people will stop criticizing Romo if he ends up being consistent and puts up 4K yards/30+ TD's a year for the next decade, WITHOUT getting a ring? Hell no, he won't get respected with zero SB wins. That's what's fu*ked up with world...it's either all or nothin...i'm that way too, we all are. We'll be pretty sick of him if 2013 rolls around and we still have 5 trophies.

Now you say Eli's "clutch", but that's only because of this past postseason. He was always dogged by the media for having half-good seasons. Romo has had several comeback victories as well. This past year alone he brought us back against the Bills, Redskins, Lions.

As far as the division wins, Eli is only 1 up on Romo, so I wouldn't give him THAT much of an advantage. Especially given the fact that Romo didn't play in some of those games that 1st year when we were 2-4.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 06-25-2008 at 11:43 AM..
 06-25-2008, 11:44 AM         #114
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
That's BS though. You think people will stop criticizing Romo if he ends up being consistent and puts up 4K yards/30+ TD's a year for the next decade, WITHOUT getting a ring? Hell no, he won't get respected with zero SB wins. That's what's fu*ked up with world...it's either all or nothin...i'm that way too, we all are. We'll be pretty sick of him if 2013 rolls around and we still have 5 trophies.

Now you say Eli's "clutch", but that's only because of this past postseason. He was always dogged by the media for having half-good seasons. Romo has had several comeback victories as well. This past year alone he brought us back against the Bills, Redskins, Lions.
when i say eli's clutch, i'm including regular season too. he is MONEY on 2 minute drive before halftime or the end of the game. it's just that when he's bad, we lose by a lot so he doesn't really get to show that . but romo does not have nearly as much comeback victories as eli. again, if someone can pull up the numbers, i remember reading a stat on it.

and what's BS? if romo keeps up great stats with no ring, people will compare him to marino. hell they were even comparing peyton to marino before he won a ring. i never said marino doesn't get criticized

Last edited by StateZFinest; 06-25-2008 at 11:47 AM..
 06-25-2008, 11:46 AM         #115
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^I edited that after you commented.:sorry:
 06-25-2008, 11:52 AM         #116
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateZFinest said:
when i say eli's clutch, i'm including regular season too. he is MONEY on 2 minute drive before halftime or the end of the game. it's just that when he's bad, we lose by a lot so he doesn't really get to show that . but romo does not have nearly as much comeback victories as eli. again, if someone can pull up the numbers, i remember reading a stat on it.

and what's BS? if romo keeps up great stats with no ring, people will compare him to marino. hell they were even comparing peyton to marino before he won a ring. i never said marino doesn't get criticized
Keep in mind Eli has many more games to chose from.

And if I had a time machine...many years from now if we have the exact same argument and they both keep similar stats, but Eli has 1 more ring and Romo still has none...people will DEFINITELY continue to pick Eli over him and he'll DEFINITELY get crucified (criticized).
 06-25-2008, 12:05 PM         #117
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Agreed, I don't like saying it either. All I did was give the Giants props for beatin the 'Boys afterwards....I made zero excuses. I'm just saying that now to show how ridiculous people are...saying Romo's a choke artist when those playoff games could've easily went the other way, give or take a play.

And maybe you weren't the one with the excuses, but the rest of your comrads damn sure were.
I honestly do think from what I've seen so far, romo does choke in the playoffs... his first playoff game should've been a win but he botched the placement... his last playoff game wasn't all his fault but he did have chances to score at the end of the game but he couldn't stand the heat of the giants pass rush
 06-25-2008, 12:44 PM         #118
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Keep in mind Eli has many more games to chose from.

And if I had a time machine...many years from now if we have the exact same argument and they both keep similar stats, but Eli has 1 more ring and Romo still has none...people will DEFINITELY continue to pick Eli over him and he'll DEFINITELY get crucified (criticized).
you keep saying that, but i've never once said that romo wouldn't get criticized. i said people will compare him to marino. that's not exactly a good thing, considering marino still gets flack for not being a champion
 9 years ago '08        #119
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 StateZFinest said:

real talk, he has like 7 or 8 late 4th quarter comebacks in the first 2-3 years of his career...Eli = ELWAYish
 06-25-2008, 12:55 PM         #120
U.G.K.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why is this even a question?

eli just won the superbowl on a GAME WINNING fu*kING DRIVE, while tony homoe coughed up the 1st seed in the divisonal play-off
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago