EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
71 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
78 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-24-2008, 11:10 PM         #81
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Well my citizen watch stopped on me a couple months ago, sooooo Eli...

Venom said:
OK, i gotta vent for a bit

1) concerning the 4 ace package. the 4 ace package is still there even with strahan gone. 4 aces consist of 4 DEs on the line, not cemented by stray, osi, tuck and kiwi. hell, when kiwi went down, we had 3 aces and robbins filled in nicely and got some sacks.

2) about n*ggas sayin the cowboys was underdogs in that seahawks game in the playoffs. yall are wildin, yall wasnt underdogs, the seahawks were cause they were havin huge injuries in the secondary. n*ggas was literally signin people off the street to play as DBs.

3) why is n*ggas even tryin to compare eli manning to trent dilfer? they are not even the same. dilfer did absolutely nothing. even though we did have a great defense, our success was still based on how eli played. if eli played a bad game then we wouldnt of won a game. so yall should give eli credit for playing good and actually contributin to the title unlike dilfer.

did i forget anything?
No, I think you covered it all.

4 DE's was brilliant...has any other team ever done that, or does Spags get the credit? The Pats have had 1 or 2 down linemen with the rest roaming before snap. I bet QB's were confused as sh*t.

And the Cowboys were definitely the underdogs in '06. We were the 5th seed with a new starting QB who only had half a season under his belt.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 06-24-2008 at 11:12 PM..
 06-24-2008, 11:17 PM         #82
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bullsh*t, a year in a half is no where near enough time to consider that statement a fact.

I mean sh*t, since when do QB's have a 2-year window to win a playoff game before you write them off?

Eli's always shown flashes of how good he could be.. he's had some great comebacks against philly and dallas in the past couple of years so not a recent thing.. Eli in the no huddle offense >> ______
 9 years ago '06        #83
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 24/7foamz said:
you do relize that the carolina game the giants had no linebackers and deshaun foster was out there looking like barry sanders:banghead: they basically controlled the clock eli and the offense was never n sync that game.eli didnt have a bad game against philly he actually lead them down the field to tie the game just for westbrook to k!ll em on that last drive.as far as romo i dont recall dallas being the underdog but the fact that seattle secondary was banged up that year(i remember one of the starting corners was watching week 17 on his couch) and romo couldnt get the job done just like he couldnt do it against the giants banged up secondary in the playoffs.And it was questionable calls against the giants in that second giants/cowboys game also that couldve changed the outcome of that game
I bet on the game Seahawks game, Dallas were dogs that game... not huge (6.5/7 points I believe) but they were still dogs

Seahawks had some injuries in the secondary but their secondary that game was Jennings/Babineaux at Corner and Hamlin/Boulware.... Kelly Jennings is their #2 D-Back now & started every game there last season, Jordan Babineaux is their Nickelback, they had Hamlin that game who is now a Cowboys and a Pro Bowler and Michael Boulware so both Safeties from the Regular Season were good & healthy..... the only key injury in that game was Marcus Trufant + a couple scrub depth secondary players

and Eli played pretty good in the Eagles game, I wont try to dispute that but like I said before Romo hasnt played terrible in either game..... I was just making a point that Manning started out 0-2 too and I dont remember anyone calling him a choke in the playoffs

Last edited by eLLz; 06-24-2008 at 11:21 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #84
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 450 450
 eLLz said:
I bet on the game Seahawks game, Dallas were dogs that game... not huge (3 points I believe) but they were still dogs

Seahawks had some injuries but most of their "fill ins" are starters now.... Kelly Jennings is their #2 D-Back now, Jordan Babineaux is their Nickelback, they had Hamlin that game who is now a Cowboys and a Pro Bowler and Michael Boulware so both Safeties from the Regular Season were good...... the only key injury in that game was Marcus Trufant + a couple scrub depth secondary players

and Eli played pretty good in the Eagles game, I wont try to dispute that but like I said before Romo hasnt played terrible in either game..... I was just making a point that Manning started out 0-2
i feel what u saying but i know for a fact one of there starting corners was signed off the street that week when u have t.o,glenn and witten they should of put up crazy points against that secondary.eli played like sh*t against carolina but the offense was rarely on the field.the philly game i wasnt even upset about that lost because of the injuries they still played hard and couldve still won the game.i know tuck,strahan osi wasnt 100% and couple of linebackers was out for that game so i dont even blame eli for that the defense folded on that last drive.romo had two banged up secondary two years in a row and couldnt get the job done
 9 years ago '06        #85
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 24/7foamz said:
i feel what u saying but i know for a fact one of there starting corners was signed off the street that week when u have t.o,glenn and witten they should of put up crazy points against that secondary.eli played like sh*t against carolina but the offense was rarely on the field.the philly game i wasnt even upset about that lost because of the injuries they still played hard and couldve still won the game.i know tuck,strahan osi wasnt 100% and couple of linebackers was out for that game so i dont even blame eli for that the defense folded on that last drive.romo had two banged up secondary two years in a row and couldnt get the job done
no... Pete Hunter was who they signed off the street and he didnt start, I think he played Nickel a little but he didnt start that game

Youre acting like he was some nobody tho

He was a former 4th (I think?) draft pick... I know he was drafted though cause he was drafted by Dallas and was there for like 3 years then he bounced around to a few other teams.... He plays for the Arena League sh*t on NBC now
 9 years ago '06        #86
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 489 489
@ this thread. There's really no way any one can say they'd rather have Eli on their team then Romo. Put Romo on the Giants last year and its a cake walk.
 9 years ago '08        #87
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 samsin420 said:
@ this thread. There's really no way any one can say they'd rather have Eli on their team then Romo. Put Romo on the Giants last year and its a cake walk.
FALSE...put Romo on the Giants and we lose in the 1st round to Tampa Bay
 9 years ago '04        #88
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 24/7foamz said:

yea, that n*gga was a sheriff of a town the previous week or somethin and he was startin
 9 years ago '04        #89
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
I take it you put Ben and Eli over Romo because of their playoff history, but Rivers? Negroe please.
No I put ben and eli over romo cuz their better. Bens rookie season 17-1> Romo also Bens Superbowl Ring in the first complete season he started> romo also Eli beats the undefeated pats in the superbowl > romo. Rivers has a worse team than romo and makes sh*t happen. If romo doesnt win a playoff game this year now that they are stacked then Hasslebeck, Anderson, and Garrard will also be> Romo
 9 years ago '07        #90
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 450 450
 eLLz said:
no... Pete Hunter was who they signed off the street and he didnt start, I think he played Nickel a little but he didnt start that game

Youre acting like he was some nobody tho

He was a former 4th (I think?) draft pick... I know he was drafted though cause he was drafted by Dallas and was there for like 3 years then he bounced around to a few other teams.... He plays for the Arena League sh*t on NBC now
well he was out of football i remember watching the game an they saying he was watching football from his couch week 17 and he got plenty of burn during that game the cowboys shouldve lit his a.ss up out there,but it never happened
 9 years ago '04        #91
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
n*gga are u stupid. The cowboys arent a worse team than the giants. Quit bi*chin. Owens>Burress Barber arguably>Bradshaw Witten>Boss>Shockey. Put Eli on the cowboys and they would def make it out the first round and prob win a ring. Next Excuse?

Last edited by NeXPhazE; 06-25-2008 at 12:04 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #92
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 NeXPhazE said:
n*gga are u stupid. The cowboys arent a worse team than the giants. Quit bi*chin. Owens>Burress Barber arguably>Bradshaw Witten>Boss>Shockey. Next Excuse?
LOL@Bosh being better then Shockey... idiot

the DEFENSIVE LINE WON THE SUPERBOWL

how come Giants fans dont realize this ?
 06-25-2008, 01:01 AM         #93
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
LOL@Bosh being better then Shockey... idiot

the DEFENSIVE LINE WON THE SUPERBOWL

how come Giants fans dont realize this ?
Eli won the game with the game winning drive .. if strahan had a bad game they could've still won but if eli had a bad game they would've lost
 9 years ago '06        #94
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 fat_boyy22 said:
Eli won the game with the game winning drive .. if strahan had a bad game they could've still won but if eli had a bad game they would've lost
okay but without Stray, Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Alford, Robbins pass rush you dont win that game.... Youre not winning a shootout with the Pats and youre not holding them to 14 points
 9 years ago '06        #95
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 24/7foamz said:
well he was out of football i remember watching the game an they saying he was watching football from his couch week 17 and he got plenty of burn during that game the cowboys shouldve lit his a.ss up out there,but it never happened
Oh no doubt, he made key plays that game

He also made key plays in the game in Chicago the next week after that where the Bears won in OT.... an INT in that game + some other plays from what I remember, its not like hes horrible

Im with you tho, I would have liked to see Romo attack a little more but some of the reasons why he hasnt is because our run game has been so effective in both games

116 yards against Hawks rushing
154 yards against G Men rushing

Romo took some more chances in the Giants games, some key drops, alot of getting flushed out of the pocket..... I dont care if the Giants secondary didnt have Sam Madison, that pass rush can blanket weaknesses in the secondary like it did all playoffs

Last edited by eLLz; 06-25-2008 at 01:21 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #96
Ghettoquiz 15 heat pts15
space
space
$14,287 | Props total: 646 646
eli>romo
 06-25-2008, 06:19 AM         #97
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Winning a playoff game means nothing, Romo has gotten us in the position to win a game IN Seattle in the playoffs in a game where we were underdogs, Winning in Seattle is hard as sh*t to do its probably the hardest place to play in the NFL.... He took us down the field after hitting Witten on a potent pass despite him being man covered and bobbled a snap on something that he'll never have to do again, it was a good learning experience

The Giants loss wasnt on Romo, it was a team loss

Winning a playoff game holds no weight if you dont win the Superbowl...

hahah damn it must suck to have that mindset.

and yeah 2 years ago in philly eli put us in position to win the game but the defense(with linebackers from the street) let philly drive back down and win it.

but i dont care because winning playoff games do matter, and winning the superbowl matters more. and id rather sneak into the playoffs and win the games and the superbowl than march into the playoffs just to go 1 and out.
 06-25-2008, 06:26 AM         #98
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
okay but without Stray, Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Alford, Robbins pass rush you dont win that game.... Youre not winning a shootout with the Pats and youre not holding them to 14 points
true, and without eli we dont have that game winning drive.

and without bradshaw we dont recover that fumble

and without jacobs we dont convert that 4th and 1.

team game.
 9 years ago '04        #99
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
 eLLz said:
Winning a playoff game means nothing, Romo has gotten us in the position to win a game IN Seattle in the playoffs in a game where we were underdogs, Winning in Seattle is hard as sh*t to do its probably the hardest place to play in the NFL.... He took us down the field after hitting Witten on a potent pass despite him being man covered and bobbled a snap on something that he'll never have to do again, it was a good learning experience

The Giants loss wasnt on Romo, it was a team loss

Winning a playoff game holds no weight if you dont win the Superbowl...
How the fu*k do u sound winning a playoff game mean nothing.Tell the players on that team and watch how quick u get slap in the face.U can go 16-0 but if u get bounce in the 1st playoff game it means nothing.QB's are judge on playoffs performance not the regular season.face it Eli is one up on Romo right now at this point.Im a dallas find but im damn sure not blind .
 9 years ago '04        #100
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
I'm a Cowboy fan, but given the fact that Eli just won a Super Bowl, which he had a big part in winning, and Romo hasn't managed to win a playoff game, I'm forced to vote Eli until Romo proves himself.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy