EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-07-2008, 01:53 PM         #441
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dope Bai said:

As of right now, Eli's got the edge becasue of the ship. Romo's not to far behind him....
Romo isn't behind at all!

Plizaya J said:
No, u were arguing with lilt9484 about that. I came in after, saw a comment of urs that pissed me off, and started to debate.
Oh...been arguing with you n*ggas for so long I forget who's who.

StateZFinest said:
you guys gotta remember tony romo is pushin 30. he was around pro football environment much longer than eli. so its not like he had no experience when he entered the starters role.

buuut... tony romo gets to smash jessica simpson every single night... doggystle. i fu*ken hate that bi*ch, but i'd be lying if i say she don't get my d*ck hard. i would slap her across the face while fu*king her at the same time. when tony romo lost the playoffs this year he probably went home and drowned his sorrows in jessica's big a.ss tittays... and motorboated untill he felt better
Literally LOL.

eLLz said:
he just turned 28, hes hardly pushing 30

Eli is only 15 months younger then Romo

Romo was thrown out there & took the Boys to the playoffs while only playing half a season... Eli had 6 TD/9 INT in his 9 starts his 1st season

Romo came to the NFL in 03, Eli in 04... I dont know how thats "much longer" but I guess

not to mention that Eli came knowing that he'd get a chance to play, Romo was a 3rd string until 06 where he became a backup
All true. 1 guy was undrafted while the other was the 1st overall pick.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-07-2008 at 01:55 PM..
 07-07-2008, 01:56 PM         #442
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ellz said:
not to mention that Eli came knowing that he'd get a chance to play, Romo was a 3rd string until 06 where he became a backup
Romo sat in the offense longer. eli learned by mistake. so first year starting stats arent comparable... for a guy who got thrown into the fire versus a guy who had more time to absorb the nfl before making his starts
 07-07-2008, 01:58 PM         #443
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deuce Black said:

Romo sat in the offense longer. eli learned by mistake. so first year starting stats arent comparable... for a guy who got thrown into the fire versus a guy who had more time to absorb the nfl before making his starts
What was there to absorb? There were 3 different offensive coordinators since he's been in Dallas. Once he absorbed an offense he had to unlearn it and master a new one.
 07-07-2008, 02:09 PM         #444
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hes still learned the ins and outs of being an NFL quarterback. I know that BIll Parcells was high on him at one point and he must have seen alot of practice snaps, not to mention pre season stuff

learning from 3 different NFL quality coordinators must be mind boggling but at least hes had the benifit of knowing 3 different strategies for game day

as oposed to eli who wasnt even sure if he was gonna be in san diego or new york when the dust settled

Last edited by Deuce Black; 07-07-2008 at 02:11 PM..
 07-07-2008, 02:18 PM         #445
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Oh he knew damn well he was goin to NY, we all knew that...there was no uncertainty there. He probably would've taken up golf in he was forced to San Diego.

As far as Parcells, he never came across as being high on many players...you had to really prove yourself to earn a small compliment from him. Even after Romo won a game he was telling people to "put away the anointing oil, he has a loooong way to go".

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-07-2008 at 02:19 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #446
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
*skips to page 19*

until romo gets a ring or two.... Eli > Romo
 07-07-2008, 02:24 PM         #447
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:finger:
 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM         #448
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tex' avy >>> romo

Last edited by Deuce Black; 07-07-2008 at 02:29 PM..
 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM         #449
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 9 years ago '06        #450
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Deuce Black said:
Hes still learned the ins and outs of being an NFL quarterback. I know that BIll Parcells was high on him at one point and he must have seen alot of practice snaps, not to mention pre season stuff

learning from 3 different NFL quality coordinators must be mind boggling but at least hes had the benifit of knowing 3 different strategies for game day

as oposed to eli who wasnt even sure if he was gonna be in san diego or new york when the dust settled
Romo is really Sean Paytons n*gga, Sean Payton wanted him from the jumpoff... thats why when he got to New Orleans he offered a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick (forget which) for him ASAP

Eli knew damn well he was going to NY, he actually was gonna be picked by SD until his father cried like a hoe about it
 07-07-2008, 02:37 PM         #451
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
his father cried like a hoe about it
 9 years ago '07        #452
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
[QUOTE=texasplayboy_23;12258264]Romo isn't behind at all!

Aiight TP, I ain't trying to diss your QB at all, but you have to agree that right now, Eli's the man. We're talking about the SB MVP right now. That should stand for something.

Like I said earlier, Romo's gonna get his playoff win. That's not even an argument, and ne one that says Romo sucks, doesn't know football. He put up some crazy numbers last year, and I ain't even gonna try to take that away from you. He's a great QB, but right now my man, Eli's that dude...

Hey TP, can't wait until Nov. 2/08...I know you know what's poppin' that day homie...
 9 years ago '04        #453
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 eLLz said:
Romo is really Sean Paytons n*gga, Sean Payton wanted him from the jumpoff... thats why when he got to New Orleans he offered a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick (forget which) for him ASAP
Damn i'm glad we didn't do that, Romo is decent, but Brees > :D
 07-07-2008, 03:37 PM         #454
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dope Bai said:

Aiight TP, I ain't trying to diss your QB at all, but you have to agree that right now, Eli's the man. We're talking about the SB MVP right now. That should stand for something.

Like I said earlier, Romo's gonna get his playoff win. That's not even an argument, and ne one that says Romo sucks, doesn't know football. He put up some crazy numbers last year, and I ain't even gonna try to take that away from you. He's a great QB, but right now my man, Eli's that dude...

Hey TP, can't wait until Nov. 2/08...I know you know what's poppin' that day homie...
It's cool, I was just jokin dog. Eli obviously has the mental edge, but Romo is the more polished quarterback....it's settled.

And November 2nd is going to be huge, we owe you one.
 9 years ago '04        #455
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Wow, Romo came to the league a whole 1 year before Eli!:wow::rolleyes: It doesn't matter, Eli became a starter 2 years before Romo did. And there's a huge difference between starting experience and preseason/training camp experience...therefore Eli has more experience, obviously.

actually, stats show that new QBs perform when they are on the bench for 2 years or more compared to QBs that start right away.
 07-07-2008, 06:56 PM         #456
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Deuce Black; 07-07-2008 at 07:02 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #457
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 450 450
 garrett said:
colt brennan will be better than both
:rolleyes:
 9 years ago '07        #458
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 texasplayboy_23 said:
It's cool, I was just jokin dog. Eli obviously has the mental edge, but Romo is the more polished quarterback....it's settled.

And November 2nd is going to be huge, we owe you one.
I think you just hit it on the head there. Watch out for Eli to be "polished" this season though.

Can't wait till 11/2/08...It's gonna be a great game mang...
 9 years ago '06        #459
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
smh@the game not being til like Week 8/9.. I know its one of them, should have the Giants/Cowboys open up like they did last year

I guess sh*t will be potent because both of us should be settled in by mid-season & then we play a game late in the year too that could hold mad weight as far as winning the division
 9 years ago '07        #460
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
smh@the game not being til like Week 8/9.. I know its one of them, should have the Giants/Cowboys open up like they did last year
Yea that's way too late, last year's games were perfect
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy