EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-06-2008, 10:03 PM         #421
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
wtf are you talking about?

Tiki played that game, he played all 4 quarters

Nick Goings & Desean Foster r*ped yall

all I know is that Eli threw 3 INT on under 20 attempts (forget the exact #, 17 or 18)
i think maybe he meant to type linebackers, but had his mind on runningbacks after his comment about the rushing yards.

we had dudes off the street playing in a playoff game at linebacker.

but yeah we just got our a.sses handed to us in that game.

the next year against philly was alot closer, eli actually tied it up towards the end but the tim lewis coordinated defense(also injured but hey) couldnt stop them at all
 07-06-2008, 10:08 PM         #422
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ thats what I meant thanks Ric

we were depleted at linebacker and the running game was to blame

Tiki with under 50 yeards on the DAY??

and 151 for foster who dired the defense and gave the offense bad field position all 4 quarters

thank you ric
 07-06-2008, 10:18 PM         #423
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im not gonna excuse eli of any blame for that game though

also only 13 carries for tiki the whole game is ridiculous too, gave up on the running game. a player like tiki could break one at any point.
 07-06-2008, 10:22 PM         #424
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
show me a starting all pro running back that cant get over 50 yards on the ground and ill show you a team that lost badly through the air too

Last edited by Deuce Black; 07-06-2008 at 10:23 PM..
 07-06-2008, 10:28 PM         #425
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
show me a playoff game where an allpro runningback only gets 13 carries and ill show you a poorly called offensive game

im not putting all blame on eli whatsoever, but some blame must be put on him.

im sure hed accept some of the blame.
 9 years ago '06        #426
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Deuce Black said:
show me a starting all pro running back that cant get over 50 yards on the ground and ill show you a team that lost badly through the air too
Eli Manning losing a fumble + 3 INT = 4 turnovers.... You have to factor in the fact that the Giants didnt even get to run many plays, the Panthers just controled the game, a lot of 3 & outs, Giants were 1-7 on 3rd down with only 7 offensive 1st downs (2 they got on penalties)

Eli sucked d*ck that game
 07-06-2008, 10:35 PM         #427
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so the playcalling sucked

Eli isn't innocent I'm just calling attention to the fact that the giants were a mess and the panthers were the best team in the NFC that year
 9 years ago '06        #428
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Deuce Black said:
so the playcalling sucked

Eli isn't innocent I'm just calling attention to the fact that the giants were a mess and the panthers were the best team in the NFC that year
The Giants were the Home Team that game

how were they the best in the NFC, they didnt even make the Superbowl

just quit now my n*gga
 07-06-2008, 11:29 PM         #429
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
The Giants were the Home Team that game

how were they the best in the NFC, they didnt even make the Superbowl

just quit now my n*gga
that wasn't the year they went to the superbowl?

EDIT:
no it was the year after

they were a mirror image of basically the same team a year ahead though

the giants as a whole were a mess, and that belongs squarely on coughlins shoulders

Last edited by Deuce Black; 07-06-2008 at 11:33 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #430
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Deuce Black said:

that wasn't the year they went to the superbowl?

EDIT:
no it was the year after

they were a mirror image of basically the same team a year ahead though

the giants as a whole were a mess, and that belongs squarely on coughlins shoulders
lol dog real talk wtf are you talking about

they havent even made the playoffs after beating the Giants in 05

they won the SB in 03
 07-07-2008, 06:47 AM         #431
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
1st off, I came in a thread where people were actin like Phony Homo is a God or somethin. He has been a choker so far. He has been in the NFL longer than Manning which means he should fu*king know what he is doing already.

2nd i hear ya bout the past and recent sh*t, but i am saying people talkin about 06 like it aint recent. The only way u cant talk sh*t about 2 years ago is like if ur the Falcons and u don't have a lot the good people from that team that remain. See what im sayin. We still have all the major pieces from that 06 team, only to add more. Ya we sucked last year, those first 4 games did us in and just when we get back in the race, Sean calls a stupid play and Reggie executes it horribly. I think if we emphasise the running game like we did the last 3 games, even though we lost to the Eagles and Bears, we should be fine. We should have used Pierre more too
Wow, Romo came to the league a whole 1 year before Eli!:wow::rolleyes: It doesn't matter, Eli became a starter 2 years before Romo did. And there's a huge difference between starting experience and preseason/training camp experience...therefore Eli has more experience, obviously.

No one in here said Romo was "god", not even a great QB, so stop makin up sh*t. Everything I've said about him are statistics and facts, very little opinions. And according to you, every player in the NFL that didn't play mistake-free ball in their 1st 2 playoff games is a choker too.

I don't agree with the 1st 4 games sealing ya'lls fate, because you still had 12 games left.

Plizaya J said:
I came in this thread, saw TP talkin sh*t about the Saints so I came to defend. Also he was talkin sh*t to us about his division, which is good, but not against us. And u want me to bring up the game we played against yall last year..... wait there wasn't one, so what u expect me to go off of. Giants fans came at me, I came in here talking to a Dallas fan who was talkin about the Saints. I guess when I posted Saints 9, NFC East 4, it set yall off but calm down I am happy for the Giants.
That's a lie, I didn't say a thing about the Saints until after you came in here with the Marino discussion. You said you hoped to see the Boys in the playoffs, I laughed and told you your team wouldn't be there.:) Why the hell would I be bringing up your team in this thread before you posted in here?

Deuce Black said:
:thumbsdow
...great job @ ignoring everything else I said and keeping 1 sentence.:rolleyes:

Deuce Black said:

hell, any team Terrell Owens is on is gonna have it good, look at pre versus post T.O. san fran and philly
That's some of the dumbest logic I ever heard Deuce. A trash QB can have Chad Johnson, Steve Smith and TO too, but that doesn't make them an automatic pro bowler.

Besides, the 9ers were a playoff team w/ Jerry Rice and the Eagles were a 12-4 playoff team BEFORE TO got there, so that sh*ts on your argument. He only helped those teams, he didn't drastically take them from a losing record to SB contention. You implying TO makes quarterbacks look good is straight BS.
 9 years ago '04        #432
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 texasplayboy_23 said:

That's a lie, I didn't say a thing about the Saints until after you came in here with the Marino discussion. You said you hoped to see the Boys in the playoffs, I laughed and told you your team wouldn't be there.:) Why the hell would I be bringing up your team in this thread before you posted in here?
No, u were arguing with lilt9484 about that. I came in after, saw a comment of urs that pissed me off, and started to debate.
 07-07-2008, 12:37 PM         #433
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:

they won the SB in 03
really? i was pretty sure the patriots won the superbowl in the 03 season :D

but yea, deuce. the panthers team was on the decline when they faced us. that was the last time they were in the playoffs
 07-07-2008, 12:41 PM         #434
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you guys gotta remember tony romo is pushin 30. he was around pro football environment much longer than eli. so its not like he had no experience when he entered the starters role.

buuut... tony romo gets to smash jessica simpson every single night... doggystle. i fu*ken hate that bi*ch, but i'd be lying if i say she don't get my d*ck hard. i would slap her across the face while fu*king her at the same time. when tony romo lost the playoffs this year he probably went home and drowned his sorrows in jessica's big a.ss tittays... and motorboated untill he felt better
 9 years ago '06        #435
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 StateZFinest said:
really? i was pretty sure the patriots won the superbowl in the 03 season :D

but yea, deuce. the panthers team was on the decline when they faced us. that was the last time they were in the playoffs
LOL I meant made it to the SB, they never won one
 9 years ago '06        #436
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 StateZFinest said:
you guys gotta remember tony romo is pushin 30. he was around pro football environment much longer than eli. so its not like he had no experience when he entered the starters role.

buuut... tony romo gets to smash jessica simpson every single night... doggystle. i fu*ken hate that bi*ch, but i'd be lying if i say she don't get my d*ck hard. i would slap her across the face while fu*king her at the same time. when tony romo lost the playoffs this year he probably went home and drowned his sorrows in jessica's big a.ss tittays... and motorboated untill he felt better
he just turned 28, hes hardly pushing 30

Eli is only 15 months younger then Romo

Romo was thrown out there & took the Boys to the playoffs while only playing half a season... Eli had 6 TD/9 INT in his 9 starts his 1st season

Romo came to the NFL in 03, Eli in 04... I dont know how thats "much longer" but I guess

not to mention that Eli came knowing that he'd get a chance to play, Romo was a 3rd string until 06 where he became a backup

Last edited by eLLz; 07-07-2008 at 01:07 PM..
 07-07-2008, 01:15 PM         #437
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
he just turned 28, hes hardly pushing 30

Eli is only 15 months younger then Romo

Romo was thrown out there & took the Boys to the playoffs while only playing half a season... Eli had 6 TD/9 INT in his 9 starts his 1st season

Romo came to the NFL in 03, Eli in 04... I dont know how thats "much longer" but I guess

not to mention that Eli came knowing that he'd get a chance to play, Romo was a 3rd string until 06 where he became a backup
but, but all that is irrelevant IMO. end result is what matters. currently has one up on romo, but at this point in time it's pointless to argue.
 9 years ago '07        #438
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
What it all really comes down to is, what you look for in a great QB. Romo's got the amazing season stats, but Eli's got the ring. I think Eli will start to put up some good numbers this season, and I think he will cut down the INT's. I think he will be able to carry on from where he left of last season. I also think that Romo will finally win a playoff game this season (only if he's NOT playing the Giants...lol).

They are two different QB's with two different styles. When it's all said and done, for Romo to be compared to Eli after they've both retired, he'd obviously have to win a ship. For Eli, he will have to be consistent, and continue to do what he's been doing since week 17 of last year.

As of right now, Eli's got the edge becasue of the ship. Romo's not to far behind him....
 07-07-2008, 01:47 PM         #439
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:

they won the SB in 03
no dog wtf are YOU talking about

the panthers didnt win the superbowl in 2003

07-07-2008, 01:53 PM         #440
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is like comparing derek jeter to A-Rod ... it's just up to you on who you want.. a guy that has great regular season stats or a guy who's proved himself in the playoffs
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy