EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-24-2008, 08:10 PM         #21
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:iagree:And if just 1 or 2 passes got completed it could've changed the outcome this year too...

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 06-24-2008 at 08:13 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #22
youngcipher 
space
space
$513 | Props total: 3 3
Romo..
 9 years ago '06        #23
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^And if just 1 or 2 passes got completed it could've changed the outcome this year too.
Yeah a key Crayton drop on 3rd down which would have been busted for a 40+ yeard reception and kept that drive alive & the clock ticking down + him quitting on a route that he could have possibly scored that was thrown in the Endzone

Ive read nothing but good sh*t about Romo all off-season... Hes focused on improving his game and he knows he still has flaw, he has a quick release that you cant teach and great pocket presence...... The offensive line was making him flush out in the Playoff game, Im not gonna cry about that because we all saw what the Four Aces package did to Brady which is something we wont have to worry about this season
 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM         #24
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eli wins and it's not even close ... eli beat romo in dallas, then favre in greenbay, then brady who had the best offense ever and let's not forget the game winning drive

btw dallas hasn't won a playoff game since the late 90's

close thread
 9 years ago '05        #25
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
I'm not going to get deep into this discussion because it's too early to tell but lets not bring up that bull sh*t about "1 or 2 dropped passes could have changed the game". Get out of here with that because I can twist that around and said if Corey Webster didn't drop that interception Dallas wouldn't have scored.
 06-24-2008, 08:25 PM         #26
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Yeah a key Crayton drop on 3rd down which would have been busted for a 40+ yeard reception and kept that drive alive & the clock ticking down + him quitting on a route that he could have possibly scored that was thrown in the Endzone

Ive read nothing but good sh*t about Romo all off-season... Hes focused on improving his game and he knows he still has flaw, he has a quick release that you cant teach and great pocket presence...... The offensive line was making him flush out in the Playoff game, Im not gonna cry about that because we all saw what the Four Aces package did to Brady which is something we wont have to worry about this season
His only int in the game = OT. I remember Fasano dropping a TD too, but I THINK that was a regular season game.

And I can pretty much bet Giants fans will say they still have the Four Aces with Tuck.
 06-24-2008, 08:26 PM         #27
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy22 said:
eli wins and it's not even close ... eli beat romo in dallas, then favre in greenbay, then brady who had the best offense ever and let's not forget the game winning drive

btw dallas hasn't won a playoff game since the late 90's

close thread
Close thread? n*gga stfu. ...like no one knew about their playoff history until you said somethin.
 9 years ago '06        #28
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
His only int in the game = OT. I remember Fasano dropping a TD too, but I THINK that was a regular season game.

And I can pretty much bet Giants fans will say they still have the Four Aces with Tuck.
Tuck was already in the Four Aces

Four Aces was Tuck, Stray, Osi, Kiwi... now it will be Tuck, Kiwi, Stray, Alford... Alford is a good pass rushing D-Tackle but its just a 3 Aces or 3 Aces and a Jack
 9 years ago '07        #29
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
so eli wins in the categories that matter
Try to keep up w/ me for a bit..
Isn't the Eli Manning, trying 2 make a come back w/2 minutes to play in a regular season game, trying just as hard to win as the Eli Manning trying 2 come back w/ 2 minutes in a playoff game? If he's trying his hardest to win every game then that would HAVE to be the case. I don't think Eli Manning would ever think in a regular season game that he's losing, "Gee this is just a regular season game, it's not the end of the world if we lose." I would hope he'd be trying just as hard to win that game as he would be trying to win a playoff game(and if not, then that's not the type of QB I want on my team)

So if they're trying their hardest to win every game then that must mean every game matters.

What ur trying 2 do is take the value of a playoff game and apply it 2 a player's statistics which you can't do, otherwise, according to your flawed logic, Eli Manning would be better than Dan Marino.

Last edited by Chris Cassius; 06-24-2008 at 08:33 PM..
 06-24-2008, 08:33 PM         #30
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupendamatic said:
I'm not going to get deep into this discussion because it's too early to tell but lets not bring up that bull sh*t about "1 or 2 dropped passes could have changed the game". Get out of here with that because I can twist that around and said if Corey Webster didn't drop that interception Dallas wouldn't have scored.
The same way you Giants fans made excuses about why you lost the 1st 2 times? Now it's bullsh*t huh?:rolleyes:

Oh...I could've sworn we scored on 3 possessions, so what's this "if Webster gets an int Dallas wouldn't have scored" sh*t?
 06-24-2008, 08:37 PM         #31
U.G.K.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DONOVAN F. MCNABB, fu*k THEM WHITE BOIS!
 9 years ago '06        #32
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Chris Cassius said:
Isn't the Eli Manning, trying 2 make a come back w/2 minutes to play in a regular season game, trying just as hard to win as the Eli Manning trying 2 come back w/ 2 minutes in a playoff game? If he's trying his hardest to win every game then that would HAVE to be the case. I don't think Eli Manning would ever think in a regular season game that he's losing, "Gee this is just a regular season game, it's not the end of the world if we lose." I would hope he'd be trying just as hard to win that game as he would be trying to win a playoff game(and if not, then that's not the type of QB I want on my team)

So if they're trying their hardest to win every game then that must mean every game matters.

What ur trying 2 do is take the value of a playoff game and apply it 2 a player's statistics which you can't do, otherwise, according to your flawed logic, Eli Manning would be better than Dan Marino.
Giants snuck into the playoffs.... Eli Manning better have the mindset where every game is the world, its football, the only sport with integrity where players will go out there week 17 both teams 3-12 going into the game trying HARD AS fu*k to win.... theres no tanking like basketball and sh*t, n*ggas are trying to win games... I saw it happen a few seasons ago when the Raiders were playing someone... the game was going to chance a draft position but Raiders wanted to win bad as hell regardless

the Giants lose in Buffalo and they wouldnt even have made the playoffs... thats just real talk

Compare Eli to the three other recent QB busts:

Mannings career: 54.7% completion, 11,385 yards, 77 Tds 64 INTs, 73.4 rating

Carr's career: 59.7% completion, 14,026 yards, 62 TDs, 70 INTs, 74.4 rating

Leftwich's career: 58.6% completion, 9,321 yards, 52 TDS 38 INTs, 79.7 rating

Harrington's career: 56.1% completion, 14,693 yards, 79 TDs 85 INTs, 69.4 rating

Mannings # are looking awful frail next to these scrubs

I heard the talks last season, "Will the Giants draft QB 1st round this year?"

NY was calling for his head, reporters were saying that he sucked d*ck & that was it for him & now hes god.... I wasnt aware that he ever proved sh*t, yeah he managed some games and won a Superbowl, big deal Trent Dilfer isnt a fu*king HOF QB

Romo has played 1 and a half seasons.... 0-2 in the playoffs
Elis first 2 and a half seasons = 0-2 in the playoffs

Last edited by eLLz; 06-24-2008 at 08:43 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #33
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
the comparisons to Trent Dilfer are pointless...he didnt do sh*t to help his team win the title...his Defense won that superbowl...Eli on the other hand had the rock in his hand @ the end of the game needing a score...and he LED his team to victory...thats the key difference...he was the Superbowl MVP who led his team to the title...u haters cant take that away from him...jus fall back, if ur so sure hes going to suck next year just wait till he starts sucking and come on here and talk sh*t...till then SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

[pic - click to view]

06-24-2008, 08:47 PM         #34
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:

...but don't say Eli and Marino in the same sentence, or else you're comparing the 2 as QB's....like some other fool tried to say earlier.
 9 years ago '04        #35
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
im a dallas fan to the bone but eli got it cuz he has the ring and actually won a playoff game.Until Romo get that he will be behind
 9 years ago '04        #36
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
 Steelerfan1 said:
I say its Romo. Eli is a fluke. anyway my top 10 qb's

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rothlisberger
4a. Romo
4b. Mcnabb
5. Brees
6. Palmer
7. Bulger
8.Hasselbeck
9. Rivers
10 E. Manning

How can u say romo and he is meaning at this point.Thats my QB and im rolling with romo but damn win a playoff game.Eli won a superbowl and yall already gicing him the boot.I don't believe the giants is going back at all but give him his credit for now
 9 years ago '05        #37
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
pocket passer-Manning
make something happen-Romo
better arm-Romo
more mobile-Romo

but....sadly superbowl mvp-Manning.....so he is still uptop....for now
 9 years ago '06        #38
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 kc10785 said:
How can u say romo and he is meaning at this point.Thats my QB and im rolling with romo but damn win a playoff game.Eli won a superbowl and yall already gicing him the boot.I don't believe the giants is going back at all but give him his credit for now
Winning a playoff game means nothing, Romo has gotten us in the position to win a game IN Seattle in the playoffs in a game where we were underdogs, Winning in Seattle is hard as sh*t to do its probably the hardest place to play in the NFL.... He took us down the field after hitting Witten on a potent pass despite him being man covered and bobbled a snap on something that he'll never have to do again, it was a good learning experience

The Giants loss wasnt on Romo, it was a team loss

Winning a playoff game holds no weight if you dont win the Superbowl...
 06-24-2008, 09:00 PM         #39
U.G.K.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only cowgirl nuthuggers rollin with romo of course

how the fu*k can yall respect a hoe who chokes in wild card games and sips on mojitos before the biggest game of his life?

06-24-2008, 09:04 PM         #40
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My n*gga ellz with the ether.

I respect everyone's...almost everyone's opinion, but I think it's wrong to measure a QB's worth with a playoff win. It took Eli more than 2 years and it even took his great big brother 8.....8!

Give Romo a fu*kin chance, he hasn't been straight @ss in the postseason.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 06-24-2008 at 09:05 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
112 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy