EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM         #341
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
U actin like 06 was 96 like the Cowboys last playoff victory. 06 is "recent" dumbfu*k
Yet the only "recent" that matters is '06 but not '07 huh? What the fu*k is last year, too recent? Rrrriiiiight.:rolleyes: You sound stupid as hell, but I'm the dumb fu*k.

Plizaya J said:
I never said the NFC East was bad, but when u trash talk the Saints and bring up divisions, i just thought i'd let u know ur division might be good, but not against us. I ain't never said the NFC South was good, fu*k em, i root for them to lose every week anyway, so i'm glad they suck.
First off, no one said sh*t about the Saints until you and the other f*g**t came in here with your off-topic bullsh*t. Why the fu*k else are we talking about this instead of Romo and Manning?

Plizaya J said:
something that had nothing to do with the argument cuz u know u lost
:hmmm:No n*gga, I don't lose. The person who lost is the n*gga in here talkin sh*t about his team winning a playoff game and beating the NFC East teams when they did NEITHER in the most "recent" season.

My team "recently" won 6 more games than yours, and I lost? The Cowboys are "currently" 1 of the best in the league while yours needs to f!ght for a winning record, and I lost? ...mutha fu*ka please, you lost.
 9 years ago '04        #342
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Yet the only "recent" that matters is '06 but not '07 huh? What the fu*k is last year, too recent? Rrrriiiiight.:rolleyes: You sound stupid as hell, but I'm the dumb fu*k.

Ur idea of recent is retarted, we didn't lose any of the players. This is still the same team. I just wish we could own u again this year, maybe in the playoffs.
 07-03-2008, 09:28 PM         #343
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
Ur idea of recent is retarted, we didn't lose any of the players. This is still the same team. I just wish we could own u again this year, maybe in the playoffs.
:wtf: are you talkin about? That's exactly my point, the team you currently have couldn't make the playoffs, so what gives you the audacity to talk sh*t?

@ this fool saying my idea of recent is retarded when I was just talking about last season.

Only a fan of a team that doesn't have sh*t to show for themselves will care about 1 damn win. You bums still aren't our schedule, and even if you were I doubt that game would be circled on the team's calender. Why don't you worry more about Tampa taking the division again and less about my 13-4 team.:slap:

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-03-2008 at 09:46 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #344
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
my idea of recent is retarded when I was just talking about last season.

exactly
 07-04-2008, 12:04 AM         #345
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why am I not shocked that you have nothing else to say but "exactly"?:hang:

...get the fu*k out my thread f*g**t.
 07-04-2008, 10:23 AM         #346
lilt9484  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TP i'd like to see how the cowboys would do with no marion barber & no felix jones. We got hit with the injury bug last season and thats the truth. I have no excuses about our defense. Now we have dramatically upgraded our Lbs, dline and secondary and if duece is healthy we are a lock to win our division and get another playoff berth.

You sound like a ignorant hating a.ss bi*ch o thats right you are :slap:

And the best comeback u got is about the hurricane you a trash ball. i hope your momma gets r*ped then pissed on by r. Kelly biznite

Quote Dave Chappelle: "DRIP, DRIP, DRIP"

Last edited by lilt9484; 07-04-2008 at 10:51 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #347
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 lilt9484 said:
TP i'd like to see how the cowboys would do with no marion barber & no felix jones. We got hit with the injury bug last season and thats the truth. I have no excuses about our defense. Now we have dramatically upgraded our Lbs, dline and secondary and if duece is healthy we are a lock to win our division and get another playoff berth.

You sound like a ignorant hating a.ss bi*ch o thats right you are :slap:

And the best comeback u got is about the hurricane you a trash ball. i hope your momma gets r*ped then pissed on by r. Kelly biznite

Quote Dave Chappelle: "DRIP, DRIP, DRIP"
when did Dallas ride Felix Jones to Ws?... Hes a rookie, Marion Barber basically carried our run game last season, Julius Jones YPC was more then a yard less then Barber while Barber had more touches, Felix Jones should easily smash on what Julius Jones did & we'll keep Barber fresh all season

Deuce aint even sh*t when healthy anymore.. the 1st 2 games last year he played in yall lost & then got smacked up the game where he got injured, Reggie Bush is a nobody... you had him for what 12 games last year?...... No excuse especially since Stecker was the only RB on your team to rush for 100 yds & that was after Bush went down

the final 5 games of the season Pierre Thomas & Aaron Stecker combined for 95+ yards in 3 of those games

Reggie Bush got over 72 yards one time last season

Your run production went up when Bush went out & you still lost the last 2 games of the season which if you won you could have sneaked into the playoffs... I dont wanna hear sh*t

Last edited by eLLz; 07-04-2008 at 11:19 AM..
 07-04-2008, 11:24 AM         #348
lilt9484  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my point was our 2 starting rbs went down. The game plans had to change........ 2 gms and he sucks pleez

And Bush sprained his ankle in week 4 then tore up his knee a few games later and still tried to play throughout the season. he was playing injured basically the whole season and the kid said nothing he just took all the criticism.

dont try to inform me about my own team you know nothing about them

Last edited by lilt9484; 07-04-2008 at 11:25 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #349
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Why am I not shocked that you have nothing else to say but "exactly"?:hang:

...get the fu*k out my thread f*g**t.
I said exactly cuz that quote made my point exactly.

And ummm.... this is my thread now. Notice now no1 is talking about Romo vs Manning anymore. This is Cowboys vs Saints now.
 9 years ago '05        #350
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3353 3353
N.O. stay losing in this thread...
 9 years ago '06        #351
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 lilt9484 said:
my point was our 2 starting rbs went down. The game plans had to change........ 2 gms and he sucks pleez

And Bush sprained his ankle in week 4 then tore up his knee a few games later and still tried to play throughout the season. he was playing injured basically the whole season and the kid said nothing he just took all the criticism.

dont try to inform me about my own team you know nothing about them
the game plan hardly changed

Stecker = 2 games of 95+ yards
Pierre Thomas = 100 yd game

all in 5 weeks

whats your excuse for Reggie Bush sucking d*ck his rookie year?

7 fumbles on 157 carries
 9 years ago '04        #352
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 Stupendamatic said:
N.O. stay losing in this thread...
Lol at Giants fan talkin sh*t to me. I aint even talkin sh*t to yall. I thank the Giants everyday for stopping the Patriots
 9 years ago '04        #353
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 eLLz said:

all in 5 weeks

7 fumbles on 157 carries
dont forget that 100 rec yrs too

Pierre >>>>>>>>
 9 years ago '04        #354
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 eLLz said:

Stecker = 2 games of 95+ yards Pierre Thomas = 100 yd game

all in 5 weeks

7 fumbles on 157 carries

and 1300 all purpose yards in a backfield with a 1000 yard rusher is hardly "sucking d*ck"

He even had over 1000 all purp last year on a bum ankle
 07-04-2008, 01:49 PM         #355
tru_overdose  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
QB debate: Breaking down the Romo vs. Eli Manning argument

By Pat Kirwan | NFL.com
Senior Analyst

[pic - click to view]

The Eli Manning vs. Tony Romo debate has been raging over the airwaves this offseason.

The No. 1 debate this spring on my radio show "Moving the Chains" on Sirius NFL Radio has been which QB is better, Tony Romo or Eli Manning?

Cowboys fans contend the argument isn't close, Romo by a landslide. The Giants fans feel the Super Bowl victory ends the debate. Cowboys fans are quick to remind Giants fans that most of the Big Blue faithful were trying to run Eli Manning out of town halfway through the 2007 season. The Giants fans keep asking how can the Cowboys fans be so loyal to a guy who has never won a playoff game? The raging debate has been spirited, to say the least, as fans get emotional. I thought it would be a good time to tag the argument with some facts and figures.

Eli Manning and Tony Romo have both played enough in the past two seasons to compare their production. While Romo has been in the NFL longer, Eli Manning has been on the field longer. Some categories can be compared head-to-head while others will be discussed by percentages. My intent is not to direct you to decide which man is the best player, but to help you decide which guy you like more and at least have some facts to back up the opinion in case you run into a Cowboys/Giants argument over the summer.

Let's start at the top and work backward.

The playoff comparison

Eli Manning is now 4-2 in playoff games, including a victory in Super Bowl XLII. Romo is 0-2 in playoff games. Eli Manning has completed 59.7 percent of his passes; Romo has connected on 53.8 percent. Eli Manning has thrown a touchdown pass 1:20.5 pass attempts, Romo has hit pay dirt 1:32.5 attempts. Manning has been sacked 1:13 attempts in the playoffs; Romo has only gone to the turf 1:17 throws. Eli Manning averages 6.8 yards per pass attempt and 11.5 yards per completion. Romo averages 6.0 yards per attempt and 11.1 per completion. --Advantage: Manning--

Regular season comparison

- Tony Romo -
Att: 520
Comp: 335
Yards: 4,211
TD/INT: 36/19
Rating: 97.4

- Eli Manning -
Att: 529
Comp: 297
Yards: 3,336
TD/INT: 23/20
Rating: 73.9

Over the past two seasons Eli Manning has thrown 1,051 passes to Romo's 857 so there is enough similarity to weigh the results. Eli Manning connected on 57 percent of his passes with 47 touchdown passes and 38 interceptions; he was sacked 52 times. Tony Romo completed 65 percent of his passes with 55 touchdowns and 32 interceptions; he was sacked 45 sacks. --Advantage: Romo--

Division play

There's not a coach alive who doesn't say your team has to be built to win the division. Since Eli Manning took over as the QB, the Giants have gone 14-10 in the division, winning 58.3% of their games. Romo has gone 6-5 in the division, winning 54.5% of their games. Romo is closing in on Eli Manning but the Giants QB has never had a losing division record in four years, while Romo went 1-3 his first year. --Advantage: Manning--

Personal stats (last two seasons)

Eli Manning has connected on 69 passes over 20 yards. Romo has done it 73 times in 194 less attempts. As for 300-yard passing games, Eli Manning has just six in his career and three over the past two years, recording a 2-1 record in those games. Romo has hit the 300 mark 10 times in the past two seasons and boasts a 9-1 record in those games. --Advantage: Romo--

So after this breakdown it is a split decision, but if you like playoff football and division play Eli Manning is the winner. If you like regular season and personal achievements then Romo is the winner.

Tune into my radio show this week and weigh in with your opinion. Maybe a non-Cowboys or Giants fan can bring their opinion to the most heated debate this spring.

its so easily romo, its not even funny. i seen a guy in a fantasy league take eli in round 3. he also reached to take jacobs way early. SUPER LOLZ

the giants are going to be awful this season.
 07-04-2008, 02:05 PM         #356
lilt9484  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:

all in 5 weeks

7 fumbles on 157 carries

??????? are you retarded

So u watched every Saints game like i did?? what the fu*k do u know about how the saints are running their offense when your busy sucking off the Yankees and Cowboys

Reggie sucked his rookie year yet he sh*t on the Giants and the Cowboys

And I hope you know that he had 7 fumbles rushing, 8 in total in 2007 not his rookie year :slap:

Last edited by lilt9484; 07-04-2008 at 02:30 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #357
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,900 | Props total: 1699 1699
Reggie Bush is trash...our 3rd string RB is better
 07-04-2008, 02:19 PM         #358
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tru_overdose said:
its so easily romo, its not even funny. i seen a guy in a fantasy league take eli in round 3. he also reached to take jacobs way early. SUPER LOLZ

the giants are going to be awful this season.
It's true, romo does have better regular season stats than eli, but if postseason stats mean anything in a fantasy league then I would go with eli... dallas hasn't won a postseason game since '96, and romo (who had a stacked team that went 13-3) hasn't won a postseason game yet

And Jacobs missed 5 games during the season and still rushed for 1000 yards, so do you still think that guy was reaching:rolleyes:
 9 years ago '08        #359
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,917 | Props total: 7304 7304
Reggie Bush sucks a.ss. The Saints will continue to be a.ss as well.
 07-04-2008, 02:32 PM         #360
lilt9484  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3stacks said:
Reggie Bush sucks a.ss. The Saints will continue to be a.ss as well.
All u do is hate on New orleans so your comments r irrelevant
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy