EARLY QB Debate: E. Manning vs. T. Romo

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would lead "your" team?
Tony Romo 34 41.98%
Eli Manning 40 49.38%
Undecided 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #321
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 RicFlair said:
you keep talking about how your current team has won a playoff game, but its obviously not your current team hasnt since they werent on that playoff team.
I was talking current cuz dallas fans were braggin about their # of championships but that sh*ts in the past, their "current" team has not won a playoff game. Its not like i think we are the sh*t cuz we won a playoff game or nothing; i'm just sayin the past is the past, and dallas' success is in the past. They recently have had regular season success, but that only makes them look more like chokers.

And by current team, i mean our team last season had all or most of the same players from the year before, so that was basically the same team. Once a team's roster changes dramatically, it is a new team basically.
 07-02-2008, 07:31 PM         #322
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im a dumbass for forgetting about 06
 07-02-2008, 07:38 PM         #323
lilt9484  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
im a dumbass for forgetting about 06
its all good homie
 9 years ago '08        #324
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
@ comparing eli to that scrub romo

07-02-2008, 08:28 PM         #325
lilt9484  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Any of u NFC east pussies want it on madden??? Let me know Xboxlive I will eat you all alive with the saints

GT: xxlilt9484xx
 9 years ago '06        #326
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,257 | Props total: 442 442
 GhostNinja said:
@ comparing eli to that scrub romo

and twelve has officially joined the discussion
 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM         #327
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's another article for those who care

The No. 1 debate this spring on my radio show "Moving the Chains" on Sirius NFL Radio has been which QB is better, Tony Romo or Eli Manning?

Cowboys fans contend the argument isn't close, Romo by a landslide. The Giants fans feel the Super Bowl victory ends the debate. Cowboys fans are quick to remind Giants fans that most of the Big Blue faithful were trying to run Eli Manning out of town halfway through the 2007 season. The Giants fans keep asking how can the Cowboys fans be so loyal to a guy who has never won a playoff game? The raging debate has been spirited, to say the least, as fans get emotional. I thought it would be a good time to tag the argument with some facts and figures.
Tony Romo vs. Eli Manning
How the two QBs measured up in the 2007 regular season:

Tony Romo
Att: 520
Comp: 335
Yards: 4,211
TD/INT: 36/19
Rating: 97.4

Eli Manning
Att: 529
Comp: 297
Yards: 3,336
TD/INT: 23/20
Rating: 73.9

Eli Manning and Tony Romo have both played enough in the past two seasons to compare their production. While Romo has been in the NFL longer, Eli Manning has been on the field longer. Some categories can be compared head-to-head while others will be discussed by percentages. My intent is not to direct you to decide which man is the best player, but to help you decide which guy you like more and at least have some facts to back up the opinion in case you run into a Cowboys/Giants argument over the summer.

Let's start at the top and work backward.
The playoff comparison

Eli Manning is now 4-2 in playoff games, including a victory in Super Bowl XLII. Romo is 0-2 in playoff games. Eli Manning has completed 59.7 percent of his passes; Romo has connected on 53.8 percent. Eli Manning has thrown a touchdown pass 1:20.5 pass attempts, Romo has hit pay dirt 1:32.5 attempts. Manning has been sacked 1:13 attempts in the playoffs; Romo has only gone to the turf 1:17 throws. Eli Manning averages 6.8 yards per pass attempt and 11.5 yards per completion. Romo averages 6.0 yards per attempt and 11.1 per completion. Advantage: Manning
Regular season comparison

Over the past two seasons Eli Manning has thrown 1,051 passes to Romo's 857 so there is enough similarity to weigh the results. Eli Manning connected on 57 percent of his passes with 47 touchdown passes and 38 interceptions; he was sacked 52 times. Tony Romo completed 65 percent of his passes with 55 touchdowns and 32 interceptions; he was sacked 45 sacks. Advantage: Romo
Division play

There's not a coach alive who doesn't say your team has to be built to win the division. Since Eli Manning took over as the QB, the Giants have gone 14-10 in the division, winning 58.3% of their games. Romo has gone 6-5 in the division, winning 54.5% of their games. Romo is closing in on Eli Manning but the Giants QB has never had a losing division record in four years, while Romo went 1-3 his first year. Advantage: Manning
Personal stats (last two seasons)

Eli Manning has connected on 69 passes over 20 yards. Romo has done it 73 times in 194 less attempts. As for 300-yard passing games, Eli Manning has just six in his career and three over the past two years, recording a 2-1 record in those games. Romo has hit the 300 mark 10 times in the past two seasons and boasts a 9-1 record in those games. Advantage: Romo

So after this breakdown it is a split decision, but if you like playoff football and division play Eli Manning is the winner. If you like regular season and personal achievements then Romo is the winner.

Tune into my radio show this week and weigh in with your opinion. Maybe a non-Cowboys or Giants fan can bring their opinion to the most heated debate this spring.

9 years ago '04        #328
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
Here's another article for those who care

The No. 1 debate this spring on my radio show "Moving the Chains" on Sirius NFL Radio has been which QB is better, Tony Romo or Eli Manning?

Cowboys fans contend the argument isn't close, Romo by a landslide. The Giants fans feel the Super Bowl victory ends the debate. Cowboys fans are quick to remind Giants fans that most of the Big Blue faithful were trying to run Eli Manning out of town halfway through the 2007 season. The Giants fans keep asking how can the Cowboys fans be so loyal to a guy who has never won a playoff game? The raging debate has been spirited, to say the least, as fans get emotional. I thought it would be a good time to tag the argument with some facts and figures.
Tony Romo vs. Eli Manning
How the two QBs measured up in the 2007 regular season:

Tony Romo
Att: 520
Comp: 335
Yards: 4,211
TD/INT: 36/19
Rating: 97.4

Eli Manning
Att: 529
Comp: 297
Yards: 3,336
TD/INT: 23/20
Rating: 73.9

Eli Manning and Tony Romo have both played enough in the past two seasons to compare their production. While Romo has been in the NFL longer, Eli Manning has been on the field longer. Some categories can be compared head-to-head while others will be discussed by percentages. My intent is not to direct you to decide which man is the best player, but to help you decide which guy you like more and at least have some facts to back up the opinion in case you run into a Cowboys/Giants argument over the summer.

Let's start at the top and work backward.
The playoff comparison

Eli Manning is now 4-2 in playoff games, including a victory in Super Bowl XLII. Romo is 0-2 in playoff games. Eli Manning has completed 59.7 percent of his passes; Romo has connected on 53.8 percent. Eli Manning has thrown a touchdown pass 1:20.5 pass attempts, Romo has hit pay dirt 1:32.5 attempts. Manning has been sacked 1:13 attempts in the playoffs; Romo has only gone to the turf 1:17 throws. Eli Manning averages 6.8 yards per pass attempt and 11.5 yards per completion. Romo averages 6.0 yards per attempt and 11.1 per completion. Advantage: Manning
Regular season comparison

Over the past two seasons Eli Manning has thrown 1,051 passes to Romo's 857 so there is enough similarity to weigh the results. Eli Manning connected on 57 percent of his passes with 47 touchdown passes and 38 interceptions; he was sacked 52 times. Tony Romo completed 65 percent of his passes with 55 touchdowns and 32 interceptions; he was sacked 45 sacks. Advantage: Romo
Division play

There's not a coach alive who doesn't say your team has to be built to win the division. Since Eli Manning took over as the QB, the Giants have gone 14-10 in the division, winning 58.3% of their games. Romo has gone 6-5 in the division, winning 54.5% of their games. Romo is closing in on Eli Manning but the Giants QB has never had a losing division record in four years, while Romo went 1-3 his first year. Advantage: Manning
Personal stats (last two seasons)

Eli Manning has connected on 69 passes over 20 yards. Romo has done it 73 times in 194 less attempts. As for 300-yard passing games, Eli Manning has just six in his career and three over the past two years, recording a 2-1 record in those games. Romo has hit the 300 mark 10 times in the past two seasons and boasts a 9-1 record in those games. Advantage: Romo

So after this breakdown it is a split decision, but if you like playoff football and division play Eli Manning is the winner. If you like regular season and personal achievements then Romo is the winner.

Tune into my radio show this week and weigh in with your opinion. Maybe a non-Cowboys or Giants fan can bring their opinion to the most heated debate this spring.

Those stats dont mean sh*t. Superbowl rings are wat counts. Manning-1 Romo-0
 07-03-2008, 11:19 AM         #329
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im very curious to see what happens if the cowboys make the playoffs this season, since eli was 0-2 his first 2 playoff apperances gotta see if romo betters his playoff record
 9 years ago '07        #330
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 finishim said:
im not saying theyll got 13-3 but football is prally the sport thats most about a TEAM and not just one player.. we had a great defense and our west coast offense would warm up to the most average quarterback not to mention both our wrs are studs and from what aaron did last year in dallas i think well be alright
Rogers may not have to play. Rumor has it Brett's coming back. Thats would be ill though. Couldn't imagine an NFL season without Favre...
 9 years ago '07        #331
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
[QUOTE=texasplayboy_23;12229138][B][COLOR="Red"]

[COLOR="red"]Are you kiddin me?! ...n*gga it should be illegal to talk sh*t if your team doesn't have a Lombardi Trophy on display...they've never even won a conference championship and lost in a SB, have they? Let's be real, what team says their goal for the season is to win a playoff game? ...stop it.

You think I'm gonna slit my wrists because your team is 8-14 against mine?:rolleyes: I don't mean to brag(:)), but we have the wealthiest and most loved team in the world....we could care less about a loss to the Saints here and there.

As far as a division discussion, there isn't one. When the NFC South sends 3 teams to the PO's 2 years in a row, we'll have that discussion. But until that happens you have no argument.[/COLOR]

Word...That's what I'm talking about...
 9 years ago '04        #332
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 780 780
 RicFlair said:
im very curious to see what happens if the cowboys make the playoffs this season, since eli was 0-2 his first 2 playoff apperances gotta see if romo betters his playoff record
That won't mean anything if romo don't win a superbowl next season. Eli won one in his third playoff appearance and now people will be waitin for romo to do the same.
 07-03-2008, 01:55 PM         #333
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Venom said:
That won't mean anything if romo don't win a superbowl next season. Eli won one in his third playoff appearance and now people will be waitin for romo to do the same.
i know, im still curious to see how he will do, yes hed have to win the superbowl to be on par with eli in that regard. but it would be huge for him to even simply get one playoff win. it would at least get some people to stop sayin he just cant win a playoff game. but boys fans seem to feel its superbowl or bust. although i feel like that every season since thats the goal of every team.
 9 years ago '04        #334
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
[QUOTE=Dope Bai;12240076]
 texasplayboy_23 said:
[B][COLOR="Red"]

[COLOR="red"]Are you kiddin me?! ...n*gga it should be illegal to talk sh*t if your team doesn't have a Lombardi Trophy on display...they've never even won a conference championship and lost in a SB, have they? Let's be real, what team says their goal for the season is to win a playoff game? ...stop it.

You think I'm gonna slit my wrists because your team is 8-14 against mine?:rolleyes: I don't mean to brag(:)), but we have the wealthiest and most loved team in the world....we could care less about a loss to the Saints here and there.

As far as a division discussion, there isn't one. When the NFC South sends 3 teams to the PO's 2 years in a row, we'll have that discussion. But until that happens you have no argument.[/COLOR]

Word...That's what I'm talking about...
Saints >>>> NFC East, i don't give a fu*k about the rest of my division, i give a fu*k about my team, the rest of the NFC South can suck a d*ck anyway; who the fu*k roots for the other teams in their division so they can brag how good it is. NFC East may stomp other teams but not the Saints, so STFU.
 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM         #335
fat_boyy22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=Plizaya J;12241063]
 Dope Bai said:

Saints >>>> NFC East, i don't give a fu*k about the rest of my division, i give a fu*k about my team, the rest of the NFC South can suck a d*ck anyway; who the fu*k roots for the other teams in their division so they can brag how good it is. NFC East may stomp other teams but not the Saints, so STFU.

[pic - click to view]

normally I'd say I could understand you being bitter, but since my team won the superbowl I honestly don't remember what it feels like anymore:applause:
 07-03-2008, 08:06 PM         #336
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
Like I said u livin in the past. Do u even have on player left from a Super Bowl team............ no. Ur team has not done sh*t, the franchise has in the past, but ur current team has not done sh*t. I didn't say our goal is to win a playoff game, but it should be urs seeing as u can't seem to do that lately.
Fine, fine, fine, you want to stop talking about the past? that's fine....what did the Saints do last season then? I could've sworn your "current team" went below .500 most recently. And for a n*gga who doesn't give a fu*k about the past, you damn sure keep bringin up the '06 season...ALOT. If not for that year you wouldn't have sh*t to say as a Saints fan, and that's pitiful.

...we'll see the Saints in the postseason again after the next natural disaster happens.:sick:

U.G.K. said:
it pretty funny how we all hate each others guts but when some other division n*ggas start to talk sh*t we all unite

NFCE>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Damn right.

Plizaya J said:

This n*gga wanted to talk about the Saints "owning" the NFCE, but since every NFCE cat sh*tted on his @ss he doesn't want to talk about divisions anymore...get the fu*k outta here.

Let's face facts...your team ain't worth sh*t, your city ain't worth sh*t, your posts ain't worth sh*t....why are you still talkin sh*t?:hang:
 9 years ago '04        #337
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 780 780
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Fine, fine, fine, you want to stop talking about the past? that's fine....what did the Saints do last season then? I could've sworn your "current team" went below .500 most recently. And for a n*gga who doesn't give a fu*k about the past, you damn sure keep bringin up the '06 season...ALOT. If not for that year you wouldn't have sh*t to say as a Saints fan, and that's pitiful.

...we'll see the Saints in the postseason again after the next natural disaster happens.:sick:

now thats fu*ked up
 07-03-2008, 08:12 PM         #338
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...what I say?
 9 years ago '04        #339
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:

Plizaya J said:

And by current team, i mean our team last season had all or most of the same players from the year before, so that was basically the same team. Once a team's roster changes dramatically, it is a new team basically.
U actin like 06 was 96 like the Cowboys last playoff victory. 06 is "recent" dumbfu*k

texasplayboy_23 said:

This n*gga wanted to talk about the Saints "owning" the NFCE, but since every NFCE cat sh*tted on his @ss he doesn't want to talk about divisions anymore...get the fu*k outta here.
I never said the NFC East was bad, but when u trash talk the Saints and bring up divisions, i just thought i'd let u know ur division might be good, but not against us. I ain't never said the NFC South was good, fu*k em, i root for them to lose every week anyway, so i'm glad they suck.
 9 years ago '04        #340
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
...what I say?
something that had nothing to do with the argument cuz u know u lost
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago