Jun 23 - Ice-T Continues War W/ Soulja Boy, Kanye West Chooses Sides

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
222 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
45 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-23-2008, 07:11 PM         #41
PhantomBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mrmississippi said:
Correct me if im wrong, but the first hip hop song went "a hip hop a hippy a hippy to the hip hip hop". It was alot of lame sh*t put out in the quote "good ol days". They werent talking about bustin gunz and how many keys sold. It was more dance songs back then now. If every song was about nothin but lyrics and enlightment and gunz and crack how boring would that sh*t be. Music is made to entertain as well as enlighten. You need a Talib as much as you need a lil john. You need a Jay-z as much as you need a dj unk. You have to have that balance.
Hell Yeah.
 9 years ago '06        #42
captcrunch 
space
space
$169 | Props total: 0 0
 mrmississippi said:
Correct me if im wrong, but the first hip hop song went "a hip hop a hippy a hippy to the hip hip hop". It was alot of lame sh*t put out in the quote "good ol days". They werent talking about bustin gunz and how many keys sold. It was more dance songs back then now. If every song was about nothin but lyrics and enlightment and gunz and crack how boring would that sh*t be. Music is made to entertain as well as enlighten. You need a Talib as much as you need a lil john. You need a Jay-z as much as you need a dj unk. You have to have that balance.
Difference is that the dance music back then didn't make us all look like monkeys.
 9 years ago '08        #43
MO CITY TX 
space
space
$461 | Props total: 147 147
 mainevent4u88 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You would take that gay a.ss cheerleader sh*t over the superman?
ok yeah that sh*t was gay. ice cube cant tell soulja boy sh*t with that gay a.ss slidin on the floor sh*t.
 9 years ago '08        #44
MO CITY TX 
space
space
$461 | Props total: 147 147
co-sign. ice t just old and wants some attention.
 06-23-2008, 08:33 PM         #45
DaPlaya641 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ soulja boy being too young to kno ice T been playin cops....New Jack City was my sh*t.....anyway tho...

ice-T was just sayin the same sh*t all of us said at one point....just a lil more detailed.....soulja boy is wack....
yea he gets credit for makin money off a song that was catchy to lil n*ggaz, but his music is still garbage aint no if ands or buts about it

kanye is my n*gga but he always says sh*t just for the hell of it so his comments dont even count.....

Ice-T is a legend no matter how u look at it, he's been there, done that, and will continue to make money off law& order....

case dismissed
 9 years ago '07        #46
C Nugget 
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 15 15
 captcrunch said:
Difference is that the dance music back then didn't make us all look like monkeys.
 9 years ago '04        #47
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,610 | Props total: 4183 4183
ice t leading the jihad on wack a.ss n*ggas!!!! the general bi*ches! hating my a.ss...lol
 9 years ago '04        #48
DjInfamous804 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 62 62
I don't know what Ice-T expected...when u call someone out...for sure u know they are gonna respond back....pretty sure Ice remembers that from his former days.....but with Kayne I don't agree...
 06-23-2008, 09:03 PM         #49
Doogie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ether'd from 4:19-7:40
 06-23-2008, 09:11 PM         #50
ROC da MIC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Budala said:

Kanye gets :thumbsdow for the comment on Soulja Boy being "hip-hop"

this is like a classically trained actor saying ice t's tv roles and b movies are k!lling acting!

music evolves and there are many choices if you dont like it dont listen
 9 years ago '04        #51
Point da Champ 
space
space
$872 | Props total: 32 32
 mega_soulstar said:
n*gga quit lieing to ya self....you know damn well ya momma, lil sis, and lil brother love soulja boy......I agree he's wack lyrically but he will go down in history whether u like him or not.....he will get remembered just like......vanilla ice...kris kross....mc hammer...and other n*ggas who couldnt rap yet had a catchy beat, or hook....and if they aint apart of hip hop...then school me on what u think hip hop is..........and ice-t lyrics were trash too.....name an ice-t song besides colors n*gga lol

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. ...You absolutely right....
 06-23-2008, 09:32 PM         #52
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wit kanye on this one......hip hop cant be all about dope lyrics...its music period....

This ^^^ - If you say Soulja Boy aint hip hop - you need to study the game FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, AND REALIZE WEVE ALMOST COME FULL CIRCLE.
Im not sayin its good Hip Hop - but if you say it aint in the realm of Hip Hop,you simply dont know wtf your talkin about.
 06-23-2008, 09:36 PM         #53
Bosox8510 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with you man and although soulja boy is wack his mainstream sh*t got a lot more people interested in hip hop.
 9 years ago '07        #54
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,252 | Props total: 4736 4736
Ice T is the Grand Don of the Player Haters Ball

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #55
JimmyfuckinDeee 1 heat pts
space
space
$363 | Props total: 1 1
I'll be the first to admit that I think Soulja Boy is garbage, but to say he k!lled hip-hop is ridiculous. We're talking about a genre that has survived Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, shiny suits, Master P, and Aaron Carter. Criticism aside, Soulja Boy is a smart young man in the sense that he knows how to market his sh*t and capitalize on America's love of catchphrases and goofy dances. When his career is finished we will place him in the same category as other novelty rappers, who at one point made a lot of money.
 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM         #56
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mega_soulstar said:
I wit kanye on this one......hip hop cant be all about dope lyrics...its music period....
NO

I refuse to let this little monkey be called a "hip hop" artist.

I don't give a fu*k what you call him, but you better not call him hip hop.

That's sh*tting on the whole culture right there.

He can go off, make his money, do whatever, I'm happy for him.

But he's not gonna get away with saying he's in the same genre Biggie, Nas, and Pac were in...

And as for that 13 year old bullsh*t...

That's true, there are a lot of kids out there that haven't been exposed to real sh*t, that's no ones fault but the media's....

AND... I'm 14 years old so you can't tell me that I automatically listen to Soulja Boy...

I know what real hip hop is, Slick Rick, A Tribe Called Quest, Jedi Mind Tricks, Cunning Linguists, Nas, Tupac, etc.

I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with that knowledge atleast.

So, to sum that sh*t up, Soulja Boy isn't hip hop.

What we need to do is just think up a new name for this sh*t and group him in with the Hurricane Chris' and the DFB's and D4L's of the world and let them make their money.

Stay in your fu*king lane!

Last edited by GhostDigga; 06-23-2008 at 10:25 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #57
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,497 | Props total: 2502 2502
i dont even see y ice t shuld even tawk bout souja boy in the 1st place
 06-23-2008, 10:31 PM         #58
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ice-T is entitled to his opinion just like Kanye is entitled to charging rappers for blowing their d*cks these days.
 06-23-2008, 10:55 PM         #59
tRuMeX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ice-t is garbage anyways like dude said on the first page what ice-t sh*t you know besides colors older heads hate on younger peoples hip-hop anyways because they grew up with diffrent sh*t dont get me wrong that soulja boy is garbage but Ye is right for havin dudes back music has to change sometime ice-t couldnt rhyme back then much less now anyway...no one wants to listen to ice-t' old his rant on anyway sayin the game is dead what has he done besides act on some wack a.ss show to keep the game alive at least dre and ice cube are still doin their sh*t ice-t isnt a legend like them

Last edited by tRuMeX; 06-23-2008 at 10:57 PM..
 06-23-2008, 11:08 PM         #60
Psykox 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lost respect for kanye...soulja boy isnt hip-hop, its sad, theres soo many talented r*pepr who are struggling and cant make it yet souljda gets famous cuz his video was on myspace....soulja aint hip-hop he's raping hip-hop, i thought kanye would support true music, him being more of a lyrical rapper, but i guess not....to those saying soulja boy put in amd work, BULLsh*t! sure he put in SOME work, butto the extent of rappers like tupac or big who had to deliver sick beats , lyrics swag and actualy meaning? NAW listeniogn any n*gga can get frooty-loops and make a soulja boy song, lets bring rapm outta thi commercial bullsh*t, i dotn hate soulja boy naww he seem lieka normal cool kid wit some brains, but his music is hurtin ...seriously..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
95 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
23 hours ago