The Official Gears of War 2 Thread (Possible Spoilers)

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #981
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
^who are you and why are you here?
 9 years ago '04        #982
Big War|M 
space
space
 latin_linx said:
i aint spending 10 bucks on this i could wait sh*t i the new POP, Smackdown 09, and Rock Band 2 to keep me busy
yea, get that new smackdown 09, sh*t is crack, then let me know so i could whoop dat a.ss...:greetings10:
 9 years ago '04        #983
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 KenKutaragi_v2 said:
$10 is nothing for me. It's the fact that people are paying $10 for 1 new map. Please understand what I'm trying to say before quoting me.

If Gears 2 was on the PS3 (w/Blu-Ray & Cell) then all of the maps would have been on 1 disc.
If gears 2 was on ps3, psn matchmaking would be terrible if its already iffy on xbl, and multiplayer is where the replay value is.

off topic: you do know sony's blu ray drive is ran using microsoft drivers.

back on topic: Im pretty sure the maps are already on the disc already like the flashback map pack and the gold weapons.
 9 years ago '04        #984
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
Does anyone know where to go or how to tell what your missing for an achievement?

Like the "Variety is the spice of death" achievement I k!lled the enemies with all but one weapon...but I can't figure out what weapon it is so I can use it to get the acheivement... anyone kn ow a website I can check this out...
 9 years ago '06        #985
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
nah that's what sucks. they have an achievement tracker in game, but all it is is that book with the list of the achievements and bars for em that just give you a vague idea of how far you are. i suggest just doing a private match with one bot on Casual, 1 round sh*t, keep switching up the weapons until you get it.
 9 years ago '04        #986
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 jayvivz said:
nah that's what sucks. they have an achievement tracker in game, but all it is is that book with the list of the achievements and bars for em that just give you a vague idea of how far you are. i suggest just doing a private match with one bot on Casual, 1 round sh*t, keep switching up the weapons until you get it.
yeah that's probably what I have to do...grr thanks man...you'd think they'd make it easy to find out...the achievement tracker is a bomb idea that I wish more games would utilize...but would be nice to click on that achievement in the book in the game and have it show you what weapons you used...
 9 years ago '06        #987
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,904 | Props total: 25788 25788
 Da Ill One said:
yeah that's probably what I have to do...grr thanks man...you'd think they'd make it easy to find out...the achievement tracker is a bomb idea that I wish more games would utilize...but would be nice to click on that achievement in the book in the game and have it show you what weapons you used...

yeah me 2 idk what the last weapon is either
 12-19-2008, 02:08 AM         #988
Bopper Girl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what u guys should do is just play local like split screening n put a variety of weapons on the map n re do them all.thats what i did
 9 years ago '07        #989
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,861 | Props total: 2380 2380
For some weapons, there is more than one execution. The one I wouldn't have thought of trying was Y with the Gorgon Pistol.

Do that and see if you get it.
 12-19-2008, 09:06 AM         #990
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
thats cool i didnt know they used a tracker in gow2 only place i ever saw one before was The Orange Box. I thought valve was genius for putting that in there
 9 years ago '05        #991
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
i just beat it.
WORST. FINAL. BOSS. EVER.
 9 years ago '04        #992
Big War|M 
space
space
just play horde on day one or something, that's how i got that achievement, didn't even know wtf it was when i got it...
 9 years ago '06        #993
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
aw c'mon War, you had to get the 3D MK gift on me? that's just not even fair yo...sh*t...
 12-21-2008, 09:15 PM         #994
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Does anyone know where to go or how to tell what your missing for an achievement?

Like the "Variety is the spice of death" achievement I k!lled the enemies with all but one weapon...but I can't figure out what weapon it is so I can use it to get the acheivement... anyone kn ow a website I can check this out...
Try the hammer of dawn or the boomshield, people tend to forget those.
 9 years ago '04        #995
Big War|M 
space
space
 jayvivz said:
aw c'mon War, you had to get the 3D MK gift on me? that's just not even fair yo...sh*t...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '05        #996
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,452 | Props total: 7096 7096
I mean, the games great.

But the matchmaking takes FOREVER!!!

Anyway to speed that sh*t up?

Also is there a way to go with a group of people from game to game instead of constantly splitting up.

And why cant I log on with my guest?

My names ReppinDaBurgh on the game. On Gears 1 my homie was always playin with me as ReppinDaBurgh(1)

And now he cant get into games with me.

Is there a way to play with a guest?
 12-26-2008, 11:52 AM         #997
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Play a private game?

I haven't tried it on GOW2 though.

I think I used to have you on xbox, but you wasn't on for so long.

Last edited by Exodus X13; 12-26-2008 at 11:53 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #998
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,452 | Props total: 7096 7096
Yeah, I just got my sh*t back.

What's your Gamertag?
 9 years ago '04        #999
jwhizkid 
space
space
$2,055 | Props total: 17 17
There's a lot of things messed up with Gears 2 online. Instead of releasing those new maps they should've worked on patching the online experience. A few things that's wrong:

1) It takes forever to get into a match.

2) Ranking system is very very inconsistent.

3) Host advantage is back! Although it's a lot more concealed, if you have a bad host you can expect your blind-fire shotgun shots to hit the floor.

4) Smoke grenades with stun ability was a very bad idea.

5) Noobs chainsawing are a lot harder to stun and avoid.

6) Team balancing can be terrible. I was on a team with 3 players with no rank versus a team with 3 three-ranks and 2 four-ranks.
 12-26-2008, 12:14 PM         #1000
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jwhizkid said:
There's a lot of things messed up with Gears 2 online. Instead of releasing those new maps they should've worked on patching the online experience. A few things that's wrong:

1) It takes forever to get into a match.

2) Ranking system is very very inconsistent.

3) Host advantage is back! Although it's a lot more concealed, if you have a bad host you can expect your blind-fire shotgun shots to hit the floor.

4) Smoke grenades with stun ability was a very bad idea.

5) Noobs chainsawing are a lot harder to stun and avoid.

6) Team balancing can be terrible. I was on a team with 3 players with no rank versus a team with 3 three-ranks and 2 four-ranks.

Its not only noobs who chainsaw, sometimes the lag is so bad thats all I can do and sometimes it even fails at that, I haven't played GOW2 for so long, I actually resorted to play the original, it's fast paced, shotgun works well.

And if its a bad host you can leave and you can find a good connection.

Matchmaking is the worst sh*t ever.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
38 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
161 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago