The Official Gears of War 2 Thread (Possible Spoilers)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
220 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #81
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
yea thas our site
 9 years ago '08        #82
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 Kap(Da)King said:
yea thas our site
Word??!! thats hilarious, I had no idea, i been going to that site since i saw a link to it around here a week or two ago...sh*t is pretty hott...impressive stuff, keep doing what ya'll doing :applause:
 06-26-2008, 03:02 AM         #83
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gears 2 will move units. Bet on it.
 9 years ago '06        #84
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
sweeeeeeeeet Cliff confirmed old maps will be put as DLC!!! i fu*king love gaming :D:D:D:D:D
 9 years ago '07        #85
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,609 | Props total: 3932 3932
 da Ill One said:
in The Latest Edition Of Egm, Dan Shoe Writes An In-depth Feature On Gears Of War 2 And Includes A Neat Side By Side Graphical Comparison Of The Original And The Sequel. We All Know That Gears 1 Featured Unreal Engine 3, Which Was Very Impressive To Say The Least, But How Does The New And Improved Tweaked Unreal Engine Compare? Is It All That It's Cracked Up To Be? Does It Walk The Walk And Talk The Talk? Well, Without Me Going On About It, Hit Jump And Find Out For Yourselves.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The Game Still Looks Exactly The Same With Various Shaders, Blah Not Impressed At All
 9 years ago '06        #86
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
what's wrong with the game looking the same?

for one, it's a direct sequel and direct continuation of the first game. n*ggaz don't have time to be switching outfits in the middle of a war.

2.) the first Gears graphics and textures are still amazing today. those graphics are near perfect so there's no reason for them not to look the same in this one. it's the same generation after all, what'd you expect?

3.) you can't base your impression on a couple low-res screen shots only highlighting the changes from a stage from the last game. they've improved even more this time around on animations and textures. you can't see that in a couple bad pics from an old map.

4.) don't ever disrespect Gears of War 2 ever again. this is going to the MP experience of the year.

HATE GIVEN.
 9 years ago '06        #87
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by jayvivz; 06-27-2008 at 04:09 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #88
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
nobody can front, crakkedout (may he Rest In Peace) had it right from the jump. this is basically Gears of War 1.5 . but it's still gonna be the MP GOTY
 06-27-2008, 04:20 PM         #89
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this sh*t i gona be ill

ayo i got back my 360 today..hit me up gt : street_approved
 9 years ago '04        #90
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
This is a four page read so it's kind of long..I just posted the first page here so click the link to read the rest...sounds good so far

A Cog in the Machine
Besides adding a number to the end of its name, what's new about Gears of War 2? A lot.
by Paul Semel, 6/27/2008 6:13 PM

(Page 1 of 4)

Doing the first sequel to big games usually means changing the levels, adding some multiplayer maps and a weapon or two, and slapping a "2" or a "II" after the name. But when Microsoft releases Gears of War 2 on the Xbox 360 this November it will include a bit more than the usual including augments to its single-player, co-op and competitive multiplayer modes. According to Cliff Bleszinski of lead designers Epic Games, some of the augments might change the way you play the game.

Crispy Gamer: In terms of gameplay, what's new for Gears of War 2? Let's start with single-player.

Cliff Bleszinski: We're Epic Games and the game is epic in scale. Basically, you'll not only have a bigger sense of the war going on around you from the narrative and also from voice-overs, but you'll also have tremendous battle scenes that are just bedlam. The Brumak, for example, had a cameo in the first Gears, but in Gears 2 he has quite a lot of screen time. You'll meet new characters such as Dizzie. Anya has more screen time. Jack has more personality. There's just too much to list.

Crispy Gamer: Have you made any fundamental changes to gameplay, like to the cover system?

Bleszinski: I'm not a fan of how developers tend to hate on their own games. "Our first game, even though it sold a ton of copies, was crappy." What's wrong with you? But I have to say, after playing Gears 2 for so long, the cover improvements alone are just amazing. Whatever you want the A button to do, it just does. It was amazing in the first game, but there were a couple problems with players unintentionally getting into cover when they didn't want to. So we're polishing it until it shines. We made something like 500 code tweaks to the system, so now there are never any instances of someone going into cover when they don't want to.

We've also added Stopping Power so players will physically slow down when they're shot with bullet-based weapons. This fundamentally changes how multiplayer is played since it prevents people from doing that cheesy shotgun roll thing they've adopted. Oh, that drives me crazy.

Crispy Gamer: So if I'm shooting someone now they'll actually slow down?

Bleszinski: Yeah. If you're running at me and I unload on you, you will slow down even if you're running at me. Though it only works if you're facing me. It doesn't work if you're running away or strafing.

Crispy Gamer: Were any of the changes things you wanted to do in the first game but couldn't?

Bleszinski: I wanted crawling in Gears one, and we didn't have time to get it in. And it makes a tremendous difference when you've been knocked down and you're trying to get away. I wanted more time for the Brumak, and this time we have bigger, bigger creatures. Not to spoil anything, but we have far more interesting boss battles this time around. And vistas. A lot of people's memories of the first game are of these stone grey columns, but in this one we've planned it so there will be times when you'll come over a hill and see this amazing view. I also think our pacing is getting better, and we're going deeper with the narrative.

06-28-2008, 08:42 AM         #91
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aye gota question

BX dosent do any more friday night games ?
 9 years ago '04        #92
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
well run another one soon..thru ah
 9 years ago '07        #93
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
Gears of War 2 Multiplayer Gameplay from UT3

9 Minutes of intense put together gameplay showing off new maps, modes and weapons.
 9 years ago '04        #94
Dosia 
space
space
$1,609 | Props total: 0 0
 Syringe said:

9 Minutes of intense put together gameplay showing off new maps, modes and weapons.
I cant wait to see the vid in HD
 9 years ago '08        #95
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,354 | Props total: 1167 1167
 Syringe said:

damn! speechless

wingman
 9 years ago '07        #96
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
Meatflag looks intense.

That's the new mode I'm most looking forward too.
 06-28-2008, 05:38 PM         #97
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bleszinski: Yes. But we're going to five-on-five, and we've taken a.ssassination and modified it to a mode called Guardian where your leader is your spawner. If your leader dies, you get no more respawns.

rb6 team leader

I like it
 06-28-2008, 05:46 PM         #98
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
proximity mines, thats not good

campers will go for those every time
 06-28-2008, 07:25 PM         #99
darealoj 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The new Gear of Wars 2 is suppose to be hitting the shelves this upcoming fall. I found some videos of the new game play. The video features such things as new executions and a sneaky peek at some of the new maps in Gears Of War 2. It really does show some promise for the online part of GOW. Check out these videos before they get taken down.

Click on the source link below

9 years ago '06        #100
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
F@ckin Awesome
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy