The Official Gears of War 2 Thread (Possible Spoilers)

most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
141 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #521
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
YO WHY THE Fl_lCK! couldnt this game release like a normal game ya know? on a tuesday, really? i mean really?! your really that gay cliff, that your gonna release it on a certain day because that was the day the previous one came out i mean REALLY? Friday Really!? especially when you know every gamestop in the nation has all there copies right now. really? lol cant wait

Last edited by TheInevitable24; 11-03-2008 at 04:48 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #522
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 jayvivz said:
i can't wait to leave BX on Thursday night cuz it's gonna be lame central up in here with dudes talking bout how the game is crack and all this bullsh*t, but then stop playing after a month.

true Gears fans won't have time to come to the BX to praise the game.

I dunno about you but I will. sh*t my comp and my tv are inches away from each other.
 9 years ago '05        #523
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
^^^ co sign, plus true gears fans will love to shout out praise for this game.
 11-03-2008, 05:34 PM         #524
LOX311 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just got mail:

"1x Gears of War 2 - Limited Edition (uncut) (360) Has been Shipped"
:applause::applause:
 9 years ago '04        #525
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
i just watched the Gamespot review, i can't wait to pop this sh*t in... this just might put Fallout 3 on the backburner...

P-Hill said:
IGN Review - 9.5

they musta got a nice check from Epic...

cuz based on reviews they usually drop, i think they woulda sh*tted on this good game too...
 9 years ago '04        #526
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
I just started on the main story in this game and it's fu*king INTENSE..
Way sicker than the first game.. The multiplayer modes are sick too.. The bot AI is really good.
Damn it's addicting.. And this is coming from a person who had GOW for the last year and a half and just finished it this week because I couldn't get into it much..
 11-05-2008, 05:19 AM         #527
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
will be rippin locust in half with my golden lancer and golden hammerburst friday morning!

45 hours left!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #528
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Last night I attended the Quantum of Solace release party in Hollywood. There were several raffles going on at the time and a fairly small turn out so I was extremely optimistic about winning. Alas, I won nothing, not even a sticker. I was crushed. When it seemed there was no longer anything pure in the world, I got a voice mail, a magical voice mail...

[pic - click to view]

The voice mail featured the voice of an extactic friend of mine, Andy from Pwned.com. He had just bought an advanced copy of Gears of War 2 at the 7-11 by his house. I, of course, made sure he wasn't crazy but his story seemed legit. Since my friends and I were already in the neighborhood we decided to try and repeat his good fortune.

We found out which 7-11 he bought his at and decided to hit every 7-11 we passed on the way. The first four were duds, but we did buy at least one thing at each store. We didn't want to get the clerk's hopes up, plus hey, that cherry slurpee just helped the economy. When we finally approached the 5th 7-11, the same one Andy got his from, we were visually anxious. The clerk didn't know what video games were but after we explained further he was happy to oblige us with the pack of games under the shelf. He only had 3 left, and we bought them all.

[pic - click to view]

It wasn't before long that we realized we couldn't possibly go on without tweeting our accomplishment to cyberspace, so we pulled into the nearest parking lot. That parking lot just happened to be home to another 7-11, so naturally, we bought two more. Three iphones, four geeks, 5 advanced copies of Gears of War 2 later, a photo shoot in front of the 7-11 was called for

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Later in the AM our friend Robert Welkner of Coin-op TV found out about our success and went on a Gears raid of his own. He checked out his 7-11 and at 4am he got the game too. Obviously there is nothing official going on, just stores not knowing they aren't supposed to sell the game yet, but if you're lucky enough to live near a 7-11, which if you live in America...you are, then stop by and see if they are releasing games before release date too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF I didn't even know 7-11 sold games...NONE by me do...damn
 11-05-2008, 10:54 AM         #529
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...no thanks i stick with getting me limited edtion gold lancer and gold hammerburst tomorrow night :applause:
 11-05-2008, 10:55 AM         #530
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
39 hours left!!! Countdown!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #531
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 Awperator2 said:
...no thanks i stick with getting me limited edtion gold lancer and gold hammerburst tomorrow night :applause:
exactly. :applause:
 11-05-2008, 02:17 PM         #532
LOX311 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Awperator2 said:
WORD :applause:
 11-05-2008, 05:25 PM         #533
Scribbler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Awperator2 said:
Yes indeed. Watching that special on X-Play Monday night only made me jones for it even more. Work better go by quick tomorrow. I will sho'nuff be at the Spot tomorrow night getting my limited-edition pre-order of Gears of Crack 2! :agreement6:
 9 years ago '04        #534
Raziel 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,214 | Props total: 1470 1470
Buy Gears of war 2 at circuit city and get 1600 ms points

i might do that circuit city stay doin deal like this

i was bout to cop at best buy but 1600 ms points :applause:

9 years ago '05        #535
fazzjoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,006 | Props total: 1 1
good looks.
i think my local circuit city is still open, hopefully.
 9 years ago '04        #536
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
damn i didnt even like gears of war 1 but thats a good a.ss offer i might do that instead of just renting gears 2
 9 years ago '05        #537
juny 29 heat pts29
space
space
$2,698 | Props total: 42 42
So this means u dont have to preorder it u can just go and buy it and u get the 1600 card cause if its like that ill take my a.ss down there like at 3 and try to get it if not preorder it
 9 years ago '04        #538
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
this is where ill be buying gears 2 from
 11-05-2008, 09:38 PM         #539
DeFiaNT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn but they wont have a midnight release.. i need that 2marro night lol
 9 years ago '05        #540
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Good sh*t man. Ima get it there instead of GameStop.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
94 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
57 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy