The Official Gears of War 2 Thread (Possible Spoilers)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
219 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #201
akeem923 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,376 | Props total: 620 620

Skorge, the “Predator” style locust seen in a recent Gears of War 2 movie, is a “bad motherfu*ker” with double chainsaws that can cut through a tank. We know because Cliff Bleszinski told us so at a recent Gears of War 2 press event in London.

“Did you have a chance to get to [his part]? So you got to see that he wields a staff with dual chainsaws that can cut through a tank,” said the developer. “He’s a bad motherfu*ker.”

Bleszinski gave some background on the locust boss. He sounds a bit mental.

“I don’t know if you’ve seen the Kantus?” he asked. “They’re the locust priests, and they have all these abilities: they take a lot of hit points, they can evade, they’re kind of like ninjas almost in regards to their mobility.

“They can summon tickers by using their voices, they can control other creatures by using their voices, as well as reviving other locusts that get knocked down with kind of like a rallying cry. If these are the priests of the locust, he’s the head priest, and he’s also very high up in regards to the locust hierarchy, and of course, you have to deal with him later.”

[pic - click to view]

NOV 7TH CAN'T COME ANY SOONER!!!!!!

Last edited by akeem923; 09-29-2008 at 05:23 PM..
 09-29-2008, 05:27 PM         #202
CapoStatus291 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ima use that sh*t once i murk em..
 9 years ago '06        #203
Buckwhite 28 heat pts28
space
space
$887 | Props total: 28 28
that sh*t do go hard tho
 9 years ago '04        #204
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,181 | Props total: 1068 1068
hmmm... i might actually be interested in this game now...

maybe...
 9 years ago '05        #205
Jutsu 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,109 | Props total: 0 0
damn...uncanny resemblance to a predator. I want this more than ever.
 9 years ago '05        #206
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
2 new videos...This sh*t looks ridiculously fun :wow:
 9 years ago '06        #207
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
New Gears of War 2 Info

-Cliff B. confirmed that the Skorge (Predator looking mufu*ka. no not me, the sh*t in the game) will be playable in MP, but scaled down in size just as General RAAM is/was.

-No PC version in the works with good reason: "The person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software." - Cliff B.

-Rumor: Apparently the new GamePro confirms that in all copies of Gears of War 2 there will be a redemption code for players to download 5 remade maps from GoW.

all that info is from joystiq, not verbatim though.

i'd like that last one to be true, although just handing it out there right out the box is kinda unlikely. Cliff did confirm that old maps will be available for download, but so soon, i doubt it. and even if they did they would probably package it with the Special Edition and not just every plain old copy.

(Gold Lancer with Special Edition=Active Downing in style )
 9 years ago '05        #208
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
^^^ Yeah its not coming to PC just like Halo 2 ,Gears of War and Grand Theft Auto 4 being denied. You know how it goes jay.
 9 years ago '04        #210
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990

[pic - click to view]

Buy Gears of War 2 at midnight and score this golden Hammerburst rifle, in addition to five classic multiplayer maps.

Gamers who buy a new copy of Gears of War 2 will find a special treat -- a redeemable voucher for a free "Flashback" downloadable map pack. Cashing in the voucher over Xbox Live will grant you a free download of five classic (and visually enhanced) multiplayer maps from the original Gears of War: Canals, Gridlock, Mansion, Subway, and Train Station. This brings the total multiplayer map count to 15. The Flashback Map Pack voucher is only included with new copies of Gears of War 2; used versions will obviously be missing the voucher. The download is planned to go live on November 7th, Gears of War 2's launch date.

Furthermore, in addition to the gold-plated Lancer being offered with the Limited Edition Gears of War 2, Epic recently revealed to GamePro that a gold-plated Hammerburst a.ssault rifle will also be available. In order to unlock the gold-plated Hammerburst, fans will need to participated in "Midnight Madness" launch events taking place around the country on the night of November 6th. Players will be able to earn both the golden Lancer and the golden Hammerburst by meeting both requirements.

The golden guns are purely aesthetic tweaks and have no impact on the damage or effectiveness of either weapon&but they sure do look snazzy! Design director Cliff Bleszinski reckons theyll also help foster teamwork online, because the gleaming guns help player visibility so you can spot friends more quickly.

What's more, Microsoft and Epic won't be offering the free downloadable content as paid DLC, telling GamePro that "there are no plans at this time to make them available as paid downloads through LIVE Marketplace." Epic referred to the Flashback Map Pack and golden guns as "special gifts [for] our loyal fans."

Further details about the Flashback Map Pack and the gold-plated guns are available in the November 2008 issue of GamePro, trickling to subscribers now and newsstands in the following days.

9 years ago '06        #211
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
nice. good thing i pre-order this way back in april-may.
 9 years ago '04        #212
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
That's not a Lancer. This was a definite midnight cop for me either way.
 9 years ago '04        #213
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 kuruption81 said:
That's not a Lancer. This was a definite midnight cop for me either way.
no you only get the godlen lancer by pre-ordering the limited edition...you get this (golden hammerburst) by buying the game on day one brand new...So if you pre-ordered the LE edition and you get it day one...then you get two golden guns...
 10-02-2008, 08:32 PM         #214
DJ LEFTY_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damnit... i was gonna post this LOL
 9 years ago '04        #216
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Seriously?
 9 years ago '04        #217
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
Hell yeah I love Canals and Mansion! Best news yet lol
 9 years ago '06        #218
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 kuruption81 said:
Seriously?
my thoughts exactly. like c'mon...the manual son? when ya'll did this for LBP in PDF format i thought that was the last manual we'd see posted, but c'mon son. it is Gears and all, but c'mon. there's a fine line between being excited for a game and just being completely obsessed with a game. i think it's getting crossed here by BX.
 10-03-2008, 04:24 AM         #219
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
negative even the manual is awesome, thanks props
 9 years ago '07        #220
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,845 | Props total: 2532 2532
gears online>>>
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy