The Official Gears of War 2 Thread (Possible Spoilers)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
195 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kawhi just posted this on Instagram
18 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1
21584 pageviews
1007 comments

jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
The Official Gears of War 2 Thread (Possible Spoilers)

[pic - click to view]

[Hot a.ss shiny logo by none other than Hydro]

Release date: November 2008.

you know it, you love it, you can't wait for it. more and more GoW2 news is rolling in and it's only get heavier the closer we get to the release of one of this year's most anticipated games. a thread like this was bound to come around sooner or later. me being as bored as i am, i figured why not make it now.

so, who's gonna get bodied first by yours truly:D?

Last edited by jayvivz; 06-23-2008 at 04:01 PM..

1007 comments for "The Official Gears of War 2 Thread (Possible Spoilers)"

9 years ago '04        #2
Sylent Khaos 
space
space
$3,621 | Props total: 0 0
They need to nerf the shotguns completely. They should not only be effective at close range, but also not be the best dam weapon in the game. Weapon balancing was a huge problem in the first game. I hope they address it.

Props to them for atleast tackling host advantage.
 9 years ago '06        #3
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
to balance it out they're making the other weapons stronger. they said that they themselves didn't like the fact that online was basically shotgun battles only, but they're not nerfing the shotgun at all. they're keeping it exactly the same. but they are changing a lot of stuff to make it more of an actual shooting game with real variety that people are gonna wanna use instead of a shotgunfest every time.

they're making the a.ssault rifles stronger and more usable in this one. like the Lancer is gonna be for rookies and people that just love to chainsaw, but the Hammer Burst is gonna be much better suited for more advanced players.

so unlike Gears 1, someone can't just run up on you with a shotty in hand while he eats up all your a.ssault rifle shots and k!ll you with two shotty shells. they said it'll only take a couple active a.ssault rifle shots to down somebody, which is good IMO, cuz it'll force people to take over, maybe flank around and try to use other weapons and actually strategize instead of just running in hard as possible with a shotgun every time.
 9 years ago '04        #4
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
In the latest edition of EGM, Dan Shoe writes an in-depth feature on Gears Of War 2 and includes a neat side by side graphical comparison of the original and the sequel. We all know that Gears 1 featured Unreal Engine 3, which was very impressive to say the least, but how does the new and improved tweaked Unreal Engine compare? Is it all that it's cracked up to be? Does it walk the walk and talk the talk? Well, without me going on about it, hit jump and find out for yourselves.

In the latest edition of EGM, Dan Shoe writes an in-depth feature on Gears Of War 2 and includes a neat side by side graphical comparison of the original and the sequel. We all know that Gears 1 featured Unreal Engine 3, which was very impressive to say the least, but how does the new and improved tweaked Unreal Engine compare? Is it all that it's cracked up to be? Does it walk the walk and talk the talk? Well, without me going on about it, hit jump and find out for yourselves.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #5
Sylent Khaos 
space
space
I don't like the idea of not being able to completely destroy cover. That adds another demension of strategy, not to mention, makes people have to think quickly and move from cover to cover instead of just camping.
 06-21-2008, 10:18 AM         #6
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hmmmm, not very much info here.

And not as thrilled.
 9 years ago '06        #7
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
fu*king EGM and recycling. that's the same comparison from last month's. oh well. still gonna get it in the mail for free :).
 9 years ago '05        #8
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,702 | Props total: 130 130
This is the new 1?? Didnt they do this last issue??
 06-21-2008, 10:41 AM         #9
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The first multiplayer game I will play will be on gridlock, good way to test everything out.
 06-21-2008, 10:45 AM         #10
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
to balance it out they're making the other weapons stronger. they said that they themselves didn't like the fact that online was basically shotgun battles only, but they're not nerfing the shotgun at all. they're keeping it exactly the same. but they are changing a lot of stuff to make it more of an actual shooting game with real variety that people are gonna wanna use instead of a shotgunfest every time.

they're making the a.ssault rifles stronger and more usable in this one. like the Lancer is gonna be for rookies and people that just love to chainsaw, but the Hammer Burst is gonna be much better suited for more advanced players.

so unlike Gears 1, someone can't just run up on you with a shotty in hand while he eats up all your a.ssault rifle shots and k!ll you with two shotty shells. they said it'll only take a couple active a.ssault rifle shots to down somebody, which is good IMO, cuz it'll force people to take over, maybe flank around and try to use other weapons and actually strategize instead of just running in hard as possible with a shotgun every time.
.... or people will become Lancer wh0ores and continuously down you with an active lancer from far away while their under cover? Shotgun battles weren't a bad thing in GOW, it showed who was more talented 3/4 of the time when the host had no part in it.
 9 years ago '06        #11
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
i think an Official Gears of War 2 Thread might be in order here...

Many are arguing over Gears Of War 2's graphical prowess. Just how good are those visuals? Will the sequel be able to stack up against the might of k!llzone 2 and Resistance 2? Well, I don't know the answer to those specific questions, but in a recent Q&A session with EGM, game producer Cliff Blezinski gave a few hints of what's in store. Cliffy B pulled no punches about the sequel's graphical calibre and boasts that there are things in Gears Of War 2 that will make the levels in the PC version of Gears 1 look like a day at the beach! Cliffy B also revealed a slew of new details about the upcoming shooter including a certain feature that will surely delight Halo fans. A new screenshot capture feature (that you'll be able to upload to a website and have it rated, shared and voted on) will be included.
Cliff on visuals:

[pic - click to view]

Cliff on screenshot capture mode:

[pic - click to view]

-Xboxkings
 9 years ago '06        #12
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
Silky-haired game designer Cliff Bleszinski promises there will be no online host advantage problems in Gears of War 2 multiplayer.

Wielding a shotgun with next to no lag produced an unfair advantage in the original game, with connection speeds also responsible for some bizarre chainsawing feats.

"People loved [multiplayer in Gears] but they didn't like the host advantage. They got tired of the shotgun inconsistencies," Bleszinski told GamePro. "We're fixing all of that."

"They didn't like the randomness of the chainsaw, so we put the chainsaw duel in - may the best man win!"

Chainsaw duels will be activated when you try to saw through someone facing you and also wielding the weapon.
Bleszinski says the duel itself will be quick and over before others get a chance to train their sights on you - there is no animation invulnerability this time.

Gears of War 2 multiplayer will also expand to five man teams rather than four, as well as introduce new modes like Wingman, where five teams of two battle it out like Maverick and Goose in a sweaty changing room. Guardian and Meatflag are two of the others.

These are not the only irksome quirks from the original to be addressed; Bleszinski and team are busy knuckling down on the core cover system. He reckons this worked about 85 per cent of the time in the original, but says the sequel will be much closer to being perfect.

Gears of War 2 is still on course for a November release, exclusively on Xbox 360 in case you were wondering.

We expect much more of the game to be shown at E3 next month.
-Eurogamer

Last edited by P-Hill; 06-23-2008 at 03:59 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #13
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Five months away isn't this a bit premature? Wait a minute The Dopeman has a k!llzone thread and that's almost seven months, nevermind.
 9 years ago '04        #14
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
lol @ subliminal request for dro to make logo. Chyea lets get this thread poppin.
 9 years ago '04        #15
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 kuruption81 said:
Five months away isn't this a bit premature? Wait a minute The Dopeman has a k!llzone thread and that's almost seven months, nevermind.
lol @ 7 months...you mean 7 years...that game is coming out on the third day of Neveruary
 06-21-2008, 11:19 AM         #16
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't wait to see what E3 is gonna reveal for this. I can't wait to punch a Locust in the fu*king dome.
 9 years ago '06        #17
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
sticking a torque bow in someone's head then kicking their head clean off>>>

9 years ago '06        #18
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
lol @ subliminal request for dro to make logo. Chyea lets get this thread poppin.
you know he's gonna come through with one in a heartbeat.
 9 years ago '06        #19
jayvivz 8 heat pts OP
space
space
let them hide in cover and shoot all willy nilly. i'll flank around, grab a Boom, put em out their misery. if they try to catch me i'll just chuck a smoke grenade in their field of view and make them change their strategy too. that's the point i'm tryna make, it's gonna be more strategic now that they're balancing. shotgun battles are still hot to me, i love em of course, but the balancing is a great way to make this game full of more variety rather then people just saying "this fu*king lancer ain't doing sh*t, i only got 2 shots in my boom and i keep missing, the hammer of dawn sucks, and who the hell uses a snub pistol. let's go shotty ot shotty"
 9 years ago '04        #20
Sylent Khaos 
space
space
 kegar89 said:
.... or people will become Lancer wh0ores and continuously down you with an active lancer from far away while their under cover? Shotgun battles weren't a bad thing in GOW, it showed who was more talented 3/4 of the time when the host had no part in it.
What are you talking about? Shotgun battles were a bad thing because thats all people used. Whats the point of having other weapons if no one uses them due to them being too weak? I like the idea of stregthening the other weapons up. You shouldn't be able to run through people's fire simply cause you have a shotgun in hand. Thats stupid.

I hope they do all the stuff you said they are jayvivz. If so, I might gain some interest in this game. If it is shotgun fest again, not a chance.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy