Lil Wayne Carter sold 969,235 first week [1.1 million comfirmed]

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

HOW FAR WILL HE DROP!!!
601,000 OR MORE 2 28.57%
351,000 TO 600,000 2 28.57%
251,000 TO 350,000 2 28.57%
250,000 OR LESS 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-12-2008, 01:38 AM         #161
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 0 k!llacam 0 said:
look man i dont like lil wayne either..i mean he got a few hot songs on the new album but the hate he gets on this forum is rediculous. can the man be successful without n*ggas saying the album was trash? half of you guys probably didnt give it a listen.

how come g-unit doesnt get the same hate because IMO they are both garbage a.ss rappers that got alot of success.
G-Unit fu*king sucks too. Happy?
 10 years ago '07        #162
awax107 
space
space
$119 | Props total: 0 0
"The Carter III" has sold 423,000 copies in its first day WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right people Wayne's new CD is a lock to be the number one album next week, and quite possibly the best selling album of the year. It's actually very interesting because industry experts touted Mariah Carey and Madonna to take that record home this year, but clearly Wayne had a much better buzz.

There's no hate in my keystrokes when I say CONGRAGU "fu*k*IN" LATIONS Wayne. I guess sometimes nucca's do be knowing what the f*ck they're doing.

10 years ago '06        #163
munie 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,525 | Props total: 198 198
MC Hammer went Diamond and he's irrelevant today. Wayne fans act like album sales solidify his status as the "Greatest Rapper Alive". A lot of the greatest hip hop albums ever took years to go platinum. Call me a "hater" because I think his CD is a 7/10 at most but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it because albums don't sell off quality, never did, but more off the right marketing and popular singles. I do, however, praise him for selling that much because rappers are definitely hitting hard times in album sales.
 10 years ago '04        #164
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4287 4287
 munie said:
MC Hammer went Diamond and he's irrelevant today. Wayne fans act like album sales solidify his status as the "Greatest Rapper Alive". A lot of the greatest hip hop albums ever took years to go platinum. Call me a "hater" because I think his CD is a 7/10 at most but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it because albums don't sell off quality, never did, but more off the right marketing and popular singles. I do, however, praise him for selling that much because rappers are definitely hitting hard times in album sales.
co-sign
 06-12-2008, 03:21 AM         #165
i am black irl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 06-12-2008, 03:23 AM         #166
0 killacam 0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
G-Unit fu*king sucks too. Happy?
no, from the post i have read from you it seems that since you listen to "backpack rap" your opinion is higher then others. if you dont like the hiphop now days just post in the underground section.

like i said before i dont like lil wayne at all. but all you do is hate saying hiphop is dead.

just do it :hang:
 06-12-2008, 04:02 AM         #167
copo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@the hate..

enough said!
 10 years ago '05        #168
xbigelx 7 heat pts
space
space
$890 | Props total: 310 310
Wayne is an icon. hate it or love it, he's the biggest thing out. The only thing that separates him from 50 and Jay Z is that corporate money (as far as status goes). I'm a huge fan and I can say that this is definately not his best album by far, but it was probably the most anticipated album since "Graduation" or "Massacre" (not "Curtis"). People that "hate" him have listened to the album, so he's definately on top. Only the best get that much attention. Congrats Wayne.
 10 years ago '05        #169
dreas_24 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,965 | Props total: 725 725
tight...congrats drunk n*gga
 10 years ago '04        #170
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
This is good for hiphop, cuz those labels will notice there is money to make with hiphop
 10 years ago '05        #171
DY17 
space
space
$591 | Props total: 1 1
i wouldnt be surprised if he went platinum in a week its just wayne thats why, i got my copy of the album yday still cant get enough of this album
 10 years ago '06        #172
B Ray 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,373 | Props total: 4596 4596
see...... its all about promotion and timing...... not dropping albums evry yr same time,,,,,,,,
 06-12-2008, 06:03 AM         #173
Nerd_Rich  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '04        #174
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 10 10
People that listen to the album is going to buy this album. I dont like that Lollipop song (except for the version with Kanye), but everywhere I go people are singing it. All you need is a single that will catapult the album and the sky is the limit. Wayne just knows the formula, and I cant knock his hustle.
 06-12-2008, 07:34 AM         #175
N Nyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only successful drug/alcohol addict.
 10 years ago '06        #176
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,912 | Props total: 25820 25820
congrats i stole money from mom dukes to buy this album imma pay her back today when i get paid tho
 10 years ago '07        #177
DIPSET101 29 heat pts29
space
space
$9,874 | Props total: 8864 8864
damn, that n*gga is doin it. sh*ttin on all the bx hatas
 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM         #178
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's all about Lil Wayne this week as The Billboard 200 prepares for the arrival of "Tha Carter III." The rapper's new Cash Money/Universal album will easily bow at No. 1 next week, as it leads Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart, to be released this afternoon (June 11) at 5 p.m. ET.

Unweighted first-day sales of "Tha Carter III" at nine leading accounts through the close of business yesterday (June 10), stood at 423,000. Sources close to the album project "Carter" could shift between 850,000-950,000 in its first full week.

That would easily give Wayne the biggest sales week of the year, surpassing the 463,000 start that greeted Mariah Carey's "E=MC2," and the best since Kanye West's "Graduation" started with 957,000 last year.

To compare, "Graduation" saw a first-day Building number of 428,000 from eight accounts, about 3% more than that posted by "Carter."

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

Starbucks was not part of the Building Chart panel when West's title came to market last Sept. 11.

Other albums likely to make top 10 debuts next week, based on first-day numbers reflected on Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart: Plies' "Definition of Real" (Slip-N-Slide/Atlantic), N.E.R.D.'s "Seeing Sounds" (Star Trak/Interscope), Alanis Morissette's "Flavors of Entanglement" (Maverick/Warner Bros.) and My Morning Jacket's "Evil Urges" (ATO).

SUMMARY:

CARTER 2 TOOK 8 MONTHS PLATINUM, CARTER 3 WILL DO THAT IN A WEEK, 2 TOPS.

HE WILL SURPASS WHAT MARIAH AND USHER DID FOR THEIR FIRST WEEK, IN 1 DAY!

HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM, ITS GOOD TO SEE A HIP-HOP ARTIST STILL ABLE TO SELL THIS MUCH.
 06-12-2008, 10:00 AM         #179
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lil Wayne has 8 songs on the top 100 of billboard:

5 from Tha Carter III:
- Lollipop (ft. Static Major)
- Got Money (ft. T-Pain)
- A Milli
- Mr. Carter (ft. Jay-Z)
- Phone Home

also

Girls Around The World (LLoyd)
Love In This Club Pt. 2 (Usher)
I Got My (Static Major)

06-12-2008, 02:47 PM         #180
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's all about Lil Wayne this week as The Billboard 200 prepares for the arrival of "Tha Carter III." The rapper's new Cash Money/Universal album will easily bow at No. 1 next week, as it leads Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart, to be released this afternoon (June 11) at 5 p.m. ET.

Unweighted first-day sales of "Tha Carter III" at nine leading accounts through the close of business yesterday (June 10), stood at 423,000. Sources close to the album project "Carter" could shift between 850,000-950,000 in its first full week.

That would easily give Wayne the biggest sales week of the year, surpassing the 463,000 start that greeted Mariah Carey's "E=MC2," and the best since Kanye West's "Graduation" started with 957,000 last year.

To compare, "Graduation" saw a first-day Building number of 428,000 from eight accounts, about 3% more than that posted by "Carter."

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

Starbucks was not part of the Building Chart panel when West's title came to market last Sept. 11.

Other albums likely to make top 10 debuts next week, based on first-day numbers reflected on Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart: Plies' "Definition of Real" (Slip-N-Slide/Atlantic), N.E.R.D.'s "Seeing Sounds" (Star Trak/Interscope), Alanis Morissette's "Flavors of Entanglement" (Maverick/Warner Bros.) and My Morning Jacket's "Evil Urges" (ATO).

SUMMARY:

CARTER 2 TOOK 8 MONTHS PLATINUM, CARTER 3 WILL DO THAT IN A WEEK, 2 TOPS.

HE WILL SURPASS WHAT MARIAH AND USHER DID FOR THEIR FIRST WEEK, IN 1 DAY!

HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM, ITS GOOD TO SEE A HIP-HOP ARTIST STILL ABLE TO SELL THIS MUCH.

Lil Wayne has 8 songs on the top 100 of billboard:

5 from Tha Carter III:
- Lollipop (ft. Static Major)
- Got Money (ft. T-Pain)
- A Milli
- Mr. Carter (ft. Jay-Z)
- Phone Home

also

Girls Around The World (LLoyd)
Love In This Club Pt. 2 (Usher)
I Got My (Static Major):wow:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy