most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

HOW FAR WILL HE DROP!!!
601,000 OR MORE 2 28.57%
351,000 TO 600,000 2 28.57%
251,000 TO 350,000 2 28.57%
250,000 OR LESS 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #121
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
 Dat n*gga87 said:
they shipped 1.8 million copies the first week and off top i know 3 different best buys that sold out..

Yeah I used to believe in all that hype too, but my mans who works at best buy hipped me to it, they only send limited amounts the first week so the sales dont fall off too much the second week
 10 years ago '04        #122
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
 Hood_Rich said:
I dont know why they hate on the man success casue he selling mor than hif favorite rapper....anyone could see these numbers coming from a mile away....its Lil wayne
um my favorite rapper usually goes gold... after a week or 2 of dropping his CD....

Jay-Z

Mike T said:
Come on bro, why u gotta hate like respect the n*ggas grind and popularity.
Naw no hate homey just keeping it real....like I dont think Kanye would've sold that much against 50 if Hov didnt buy some of the records....
 10 years ago '06        #123
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
I dont see why everybody gotta turn sh*t into a competition. What does him selling this many records have to do with the whole South winning? LMAO Either way Weezy is a humble dude and I like him. He deserves the sales he's gonna reach in the first week. I hope his joint sells crazy records so we can get off that bullsh*t and get back to Hip Hop running things again. We need more like it.
 10 years ago '04        #124
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
this n*gga finna sale way more than that...every gurl i knowbought that cd and alot of n*ggaz bought that sh*t too

Florida period is buyin that sh*t off the racks
 10 years ago '04        #125
aerokid240 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,235 | Props total: 0 0
Hip hop is alive
 10 years ago '04        #126
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
 SC1 said:
so how many hundred thousand is the label buying back for themselves
companies do that but have actually been out to stores and seen these long a.ss lines to buy it. the sh*t is selling just from ppl buying it like crazy. outta the 1.8 million they shipped it may be like 600k left w/ internet sells also.
 10 years ago '05        #127
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
lmao all the haters are scrambling for excuses to make themselves feel better

Face it. .weezy just took a giant sh*t all over the haters on this one
 10 years ago '06        #128
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,879 | Props total: 25646 25646
i went to work and i bought my own copy before we opened with 4 other employees i say we had about 40-50 cd's we opened up and in the next hour them sh*ts was gone my cousin works at a fye and she said that sh*t was gone and they on back order best buy website says back order for the deluxe and sold out for the regular this n*gga going crazy with it
 10 years ago '07        #129
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 Mike T said:
Come on bro, why u gotta hate like respect the n*ggas grind and popularity.
its not hate ...its an industry trick... to boost more sales... like someone said earlier its for promotional advances... when they go on 106 or trl or do shows and hands out free cds...
 06-11-2008, 01:02 PM         #130
DA REAL SHAKOBE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wow:
 10 years ago '04        #131
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
yo i bet 50 glad he aint drop TOS on the same day like he first said he would. That would have been a crazy lost..
 10 years ago '04        #132
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
$4,105 | Props total: 892 892
In Weezy we trust.

The music industry finally has something to shout about.

Thanks to an unprecedented pre-release blitz and the smash single, "Lollipop," Lil Wayne’s eagerly awaited Cash Money/Universal Motown release Tha Carter III is on target to sell more than 900k albums this week, almost twice as much as the previous record-holder, Mariah Carey’s E=MC2, which debuted with 475k last April. That’s based on one-day sales reports from beleaguered music retailers grateful for a little hot fun in the summertime.

With brisk foot traffic across the country this Father’s Day weekend, there's no telling how much highter Tha Carter III could go. Not bad for an album which leaked all over the web last week.

It’s the biggest debut week ever for Sylvia Rhone’s Universal Motown, topping Nelly’s total of 714k back in June ’02.

Slip N Slide/Atlantic Tampa rapper Plies’ Definition of Real, which includes guest appearances from Ne-Yo, J. Holiday, Keyshia Cole, Trey Songz, Jamie Foxx and The-Dream, looks to be in the 225-250k area. The prolific hip-hop artist is reportedly about to drop a second disc by the end of the year.

Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo’s band alter ego (with Shay Haley) N.E.R.D. come out with Seeing Sounds, their first album for Interscope, which will sell about 90k, give or take.

Rock crit and Louisville jam band acolytes My Morning Jacket are receiving big buzz for their latest on ATO, Evil Urges, which could do as much as 50k in first-week sales.

Alanis Morissette gets over the loss of boyfriend Ryan Reynolds to Scarlett Johansson with her new Maverick/Reprise album, Flavors of Entanglement, by consoling herself with 45-50k in sales

10 years ago '04        #133
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
It's all about Lil Wayne this week as The Billboard 200 prepares for the arrival of "Tha Carter III." The rapper's new Cash Money/Universal album will easily bow at No. 1 next week, as it leads Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart, to be released this afternoon (June 11) at 5 p.m. ET.

Unweighted first-day sales of "Tha Carter III" at nine leading accounts through the close of business yesterday (June 10), stood at 423,000. Sources close to the album project "Carter" could shift between 850,000-950,000 in its first full week. That would easily give Wayne the biggest sales week of the year, and the best since Kanye West's "Graduation" started with 957,000 last year.

To compare, "Graduation" saw a first-day Building number of 437,000 from eight accounts, about 3% more than that posted by "Carter."

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

Starbucks was not part of the Building Chart panel when West's title came to market last Sept. 11.
 9 years ago '06        #134
Chater 
space
space
$1,277 | Props total: 0 0
Damn.
 9 years ago '04        #135
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
for doing what no other artist has done this year. 423,000 copies sold in one day alone. as much as i wish it were someone else...it ain't.
 06-11-2008, 06:19 PM         #136
JohnnyMafia II  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klone03 said:
for doing what no other artist has done this year. 423,000 copies sold in one day alone. as much as i wish it were someone else...it ain't.
ay who has the sh*ttist album sales right noew?Rick Ross?
 9 years ago '06        #137
ChrisStokes 105 heat pts105
space
space
$18,412 | Props total: 2023 2023
damn......................that's what happens wit alot of promotion backing up your album.
 06-11-2008, 10:22 PM         #138
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Despite Tha Carter III leaking on the Internet over a week ago, New Orleans, Louisiana rapper Lil' Wayne is expected to sell between 850,000 and 950,000 albums in his first week sales.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the album is set to surpass both of 2008's highest-selling first week albums, Mariah Carey's E=MC2 and Usher's Here I Stand which sold 463,000 and 433,000.

Executive VP of sales for Universal Motown Republic Group Pat Monaco explained the unexpected number of albums sold and why the leaking is helping rather than hurting Weezy's prospected totals.

"The sales the first few hours were exceeding the rate that the Kanye album sold a year ago," he said. "[Tha Carter III] was one of these records that, because it was so highly anticipated, with the leaks and everything, it caused more people to go out at eight in the morning to buy the CD."

With first week sales looking to possibly beat both Carey and Usher's albums combined, Monaco also explained the impact bootlegging unfinished recordings on mixtapes and Lil' Wayne's non-stop recording habit had on the album.

"[We] were like putting a traditional set-up and street date on a guy that was just nontraditional," he affirmed. "It changed dates, changed titles, changed songs, changed the people that were working on it. But sonically, the record bears out."

If the reports hold true and Lil' Wayne is able to pass Carey, Tha Carter III will not only be the biggest album of the year but will also regain the top spot for a hip-hop artist since Kanye West last September.

As previously reported by SOHH, Tha Carter III was intentionally leaked by various mixtape djs including DJ Chuck T due to negative statements made against them by Weezy.

WTF??? Now this n*gga gon say hes the GOAT because he can sell. Cant believe this f*g outsold Kanye and Usher. These gotta be shipped projections???
 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM         #139
wisdom558  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn I dont like lil wayne or carter 3, but if he do sell that much you props to him !
 9 years ago '06        #140
jj01 
space
space
$44,946 | Props total: 4665 4665
everybody in new orleans copped more than 1 disc
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
57 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
35 comments
2 days ago