24-07 Ice T Vs Soulja Boy Beef- "What's Real Hip Hop" Various Artists Comments

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

IS Soulja Boy on NAS's level?
Kanye is Right...I agree 8 21.62%
Kanye is Wrong...I don't agree 28 75.68%
I dunno yet 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-23-2008, 04:51 AM         #461
Young.Cutthroat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bobby's World said:
Ice-T can say whatever the fu*k he wants to say about rap and hip hop cause he's an O.G. FLAT OUT. If that's how he feels, that's how he feels, but Ice-T has put in enough work to say what he wants whether its right or wrong and Solja Boi is just going to have to take that one on the chin.
Exactly. He's one of the pioneers of this sh*t so his opinion is very relevant and holds much weight.
 9 years ago '06        #462
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,910 | Props total: 7603 7603
 magatsu said:
Seriously, this Ice-T/Soulja Boy sh*t is ridiculous. Why old heads go out of their way to hate or put a n*gga name in they mouth. I'm not a huge Soulja Boy fan but I can respect the fact that this little dude hustled his a.ss off making the music he wanted to make on whatever equipment he could find and made something out of himself.

Dudes hate on people like that, or hate on the South and talk about sh*t is k!lling hip hop. They act like these acts were manufactured by labels and force fed to the masses......ummmm No!

The majority of these artists were on their grind making what they wanted to make, saying what they wanted to say and people just responded. These artists went to the club their damn selves, sold albums their damn selves, and marketed their music their damn selves. Sometimes even shoot a video their damn selves. They usually get their song popping the club and its radio that usually has to jump on it, or ask the artist to record a clean version because thats what people are requesting and want to hear. Its only after all this that the record companies come calling because they see the chance to cash in on someone who already has an established base.

The record company just throw a little pocket change into a professional video and some marketing.

If anything artists like Soulja Boy deserve more credit for making it big, because lord knows the record companies aren't sending out A&R's or scouting/grooming talent like they used to. n*ggaz can't just cut a demo and get signed anymore like they did in the "Golden Age".

Can't they realize they hating on the younger dudes just like the older dudes where hating on them? When gangsta rap first came out all those Cool Herc, Grandmaster Caz, Furious Five, KRS-ONE n*ggaz were like "WTF is this sh*t!" "This ain't HIP-HOP!" "Hip-hop is supposed to be fun/lyrical/knowledgeable/positive."

What happened back then? n*ggaz told they old a.ss to shut the fu*k up and stop hating cuz thats not what the people were responding to or wanted to hear on a regular basis anymore. Problem is now that sh*t is happening to them and a lot of them seem to be catching feelings.

If you wanna be relevant again, get your a.ss out there and grind and see what you need to do to get people to respond to your music again. n*ggaz have gone on to get their money and lost touch with the current generation then want to get mad when they put an album out and no one buys that sh*t.

n*ggaz think just cuz they were a beast back in the day that they should sell automatically, and hate when something they don't like is selling.

No one is telling you that you have to like Soulja Boy or the South, but if someone asks your opinion just be like, "I don't fu*k with that sh*t." and keep it moving, but n*ggaz wanna get all bi*ch like and start ranting and raving and start looking for attention.

How the fu*k is it Soulja boy's fault that people want to hear fun dance songs right now instead of hearing cop k!ller? Theres a reason Jae Millz/Uncle Murda type rappers can't make it big, there's a reason Kanye outsold 50, theres a reason Lil Wayne just sold a million his first week. Times and tastes are changing. Joe Budden is a fu*kin amazing rapper, but I ain't trying to listen to 15 tracks of straight depression, cheer the fu*k up n*gga. I would rather listen to that nonsensical a.ss Lil Wayne with beats that make me nod my head and lyrics that make me laugh and say, "WTF is this stupid a.ss n*gga talkin bout?" Its nice to hear someone like Grahf rip a track here and there or hear some good punchlines, but I don't see myself spending money on "I'll put the tool in your mouth and cut your face off n*gga! It either up in Rikers with the lifers or in the gutter with the base heads n*gga!"

If anything sh*t is just coming full circle back to that fun/party/materialism type hip-hop and that gangsta/lyrical/conscious sh*t will probably eventually come back around again. Your old a.ss just won't be around to cash in on it anymore just like all the DJ Herc and Grandmaster n*ggaz of days past are too old to jump in on this fun sh*t now.

I just don't see why n*ggaz make it their business to hate on someone else. I look at my 11 year old brother watching Nickelodean/Cartoon Network now and think it sucks........but I don't be all in this n*gga business like, "YO fu*k DRAKE AND JOSH! bi*ch a.ss HOMO n*ggaZ! WHAT THE fu*k IS A BEN 10! DORA THE EXPLORER NEED TO EAT A d*ck! YOU NEED TO BE WATCHIN CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL! GHOSTBUSTERS WAS THAT GANGSTA sh*t, WASN'T NOBODY fu*kIN WITH NINJA TURTLES n*gga!"

So Ice-T and whoever the else.......please stop before the transformation to an old hatin a.ss n*gga is complete and you still have some respect for yourself. Just keep it moving and enjoy your time and all the money you made that allowed you to get married to that big t*ttied white woman.
You admit that Solja Boy can't rap........right? Ive never heard anyone say soulja boy can rap.

People like his beats and his dance....but everyone know Soulja Boy can't rap. How is it hating if you pointing out the obvious. It would be hating if Souljsa boy could actually rap but dude can't rap, and don't know sh*t about rap.

This is about good rappers and wack rappers....and soulja boy is a wack rapper, thats a fact.

Soulja boy know he can't rap and says himself that he just trying to make some money. If that aint the problem with hip hop, then I dont know what is.
 9 years ago '07        #463
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
Props to Spider Loc for settin Ice-Tea straight!!!!!!
 9 years ago '07        #464
space
space
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fishscale again.
 9 years ago '04        #465
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
Im glad that people like gza, ghostface, nas, ice t etc... are checkin these lames that are messin up the artform. They do not belong on the mic device.
 9 years ago '04        #466
avondale46 
space
space
space
$340 | Props total: 0 0
 Wheezy1281 said:
sounds like Ice-T is getting ready to head off another "Haters International Ball" hate hate hate hate hate

hahahahah
HAHAHA......I WAS THINKING THE SAME sh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #467
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,690 | Props total: 435 435
how did this thread it 20 pages??? dont tell me the combined everything??
 9 years ago '07        #468
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,576 | Props total: 5261 5261
^Yep....
 9 years ago '06        #469
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space

Soulja boy is fresh a.ss hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip hop is sposed to be. He came from the hood, made his own beats, made up a new saying, new sound and a new dance with one song. He had all of America rapping this summer. If that ain't Hip Hop then what is? A bunch of wannabe keep it real rappers that ain't even relevant, recycling samples trying to act like it's 96 again and all they do is hate on new sh*t? n*ggas always talk about the golden age but for a 13 year old kid, this is the golden age!!! That song was so dope cause everything he said had a hidden meaning... that's Nas level sh*t... he just put it over some steel drums which is also some Nas sh*t if you had the 2nd album cassette with the bonus track "Silent murder" on it. In closing... new n*ggas get ya money$$$$$$$$$$ Keep this sh*t fresh and original.... ain't no fu*kin' rules to this sh*t and that's what real hip hop is to me.

What do yall think? Is Kanye on that D? Or do you agree with Kanye?
 9 years ago '04        #470
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
That n*gga OD'd
 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM         #471
Ghostly00 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dudeeee, he was talking about the production that soulja uses. That it is the same drum samples Nas used in silent murder.
 9 years ago '06        #472
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 G●H+O▫§◦Ť said:
dudeeee, he was talking about the production that soulja uses. That it is the same drum samples Nas used in silent murder.
He was talkin about lyrics too, he said....

That song was so dope cause everything he said had a hidden meaning... that's Nas level sh*t
 9 years ago '04        #473
KoKen 5 heat pts
space
space
$898 | Props total: 69 69
This sh*t is crazy lol...

But I got some questions for those defending Soulja Boi:

How is Ice-T ''hating'' on Soulja Boi... seriously, what has soulja boi got that Ice T doesnt? All of you are talking about getting his money but Ice T is more ''caked up jack'' so why are you saying he's ''hating'' on him. This is what I mean 'hate' gets thrown around too much when people can't have an intellectual discussion about something so the cop out is ''hes hating on him, stop hating on him''

Another thing is you're defending him fine, but your not looking at the bigger picture... If you think about all the artists from the past you compare soulja boi to - hammer, vanilla ice, whoever that made catchy sh*t and everyone said they were sh*t but ''they got their money'' WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Where are the more recent versions of SB? the D4Ls, Mims, whoever... My point is yes he gets his money but he wont last hes a fad and your defending his hustle but what kind of a hustle is that when he wont be able to ''provide for his siblings'' in 5 or so years?? and who also pays the price...? HIP HOP. So in your eyes its basically cool for someone to come and r*pe the artform and leave behind the mess... Hip Hop will always be here and those of us on Ice T's side are thinking more about hip hop than just one person getting his money. Those that kept it real and got success are ''caked up jack'' those who didnt aint simple as because the ruthless labels will find a next SB and use him... THATS why hes fu*king up the game. If he lasts more power to him but do you see him investing the money hes going to feed his siblings with? no hes got bikes and hummers and superman chains... is that smart? is that a hustler? or is jay a hustler and 50 a hustler... think about it
 9 years ago '04        #474
m_cullins 62 heat pts62 OP
space
space
$7,532 | Props total: 275 275
That n*gga is taking up for him because KRS picked Curtis over his album and he feel like enough is enough you old n*ggas is going to stop. But to put him on Nas level is fu*king dumb!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #475
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
LOL i hear what he sayin but that hidden meaning sh*t...? he wildin
 9 years ago '04        #476
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,510 | Props total: 781 781
Yall thinkin too deep....in a way, he's right...Soulja is creative and did have damn near everybody, including Ellen, doing his dance....and his lyrics did have a hidden meaning and a lot of ppl still dont know what "Supaman dat hoe" means....
 9 years ago '07        #477
space
space
 KoKen said:
This sh*t is crazy lol...

But I got some questions for those defending Soulja Boi:

How is Ice-T ''hating'' on Soulja Boi... seriously, what has soulja boi got that Ice T doesnt? All of you are talking about getting his money but Ice T is more ''caked up jack'' so why are you saying he's ''hating'' on him. This is what I mean 'hate' gets thrown around too much when people can't have an intellectual discussion about something so the cop out is ''hes hating on him, stop hating on him''

Another thing is you're defending him fine, but your not looking at the bigger picture... If you think about all the artists from the past you compare soulja boi to - hammer, vanilla ice, whoever that made catchy sh*t and everyone said they were sh*t but ''they got their money'' WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Where are the more recent versions of SB? the D4Ls, Mims, whoever... My point is yes he gets his money but he wont last hes a fad and your defending his hustle but what kind of a hustle is that when he wont be able to ''provide for his siblings'' in 5 or so years?? and who also pays the price...? HIP HOP. So in your eyes its basically cool for someone to come and r*pe the artform and leave behind the mess... Hip Hop will always be here and those of us on Ice T's side are thinking more about hip hop than just one person getting his money. Those that kept it real and got success are ''caked up jack'' those who didnt aint simple as because the ruthless labels will find a next SB and use him... THATS why hes fu*king up the game. If he lasts more power to him but do you see him investing the money hes going to feed his siblings with? no hes got bikes and hummers and superman chains... is that smart? is that a hustler? or is jay a hustler and 50 a hustler... think about it
he got cartoons n clothes comin out jack..iced t is hatin ..its clear as day. you see some one u not feelin you not supposed to go at they heads...you gotta coexist n*gga. "eat a d*ck" sounds like HATEful words so yes its hating. I'm hatin on Ice T right now... eat a d*ck Ice t
 9 years ago '06        #478
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
Kanye is trippin if you ask me. Those lyrics were a.ss and no where near on Nas's little brothers level lol, let alone Nas'.
 9 years ago '07        #479
space
space
i think the n*ggas on this site is confused about what music is all about.. Sad to see man.. yall keep talkin bout hiphop dead ..all the hardbody hiphop wannabe's is k!llin it..if you hear someone makin music you dont like..then go support the artists that you do like.. dog whats so hard to understand about that.
 9 years ago '05        #480
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
 NuffGanja said:
i think the n*ggas on this site is confused about what music is all about.. Sad to see man.. yall keep talkin bout hiphop dead ..all the hardbody hiphop wannabe's is k!llin it..if you hear someone makin music you dont like..then go support the artists that you do like.. dog whats so hard to understand about that.
:iagree:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy