Jun 16 - Baby Bloods, Crips and Latin kings (w/pics)

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
418 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM         #1
20034 pageviews
148 comments

$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jun 16 - Baby Bloods, Crips and Latin kings (w/pics)

New blood: Violent gang life is passed down from parent to child
BY VERONIKA BELENKAYA
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Sunday, June 15th 2008, 2:13 AM

The images as chilling as they are heartbreaking: An infant with a semiautomatic handgun next to each tiny shoulder. A child no more than a year old decked out in blood-red gang gear.

"They call them Blood drops, stains, rims," a former Staten Island Bloods gang member said of the nicknames gang parents give their children.

Incredibly, parents "bless" and initiate their babies into violent gangs like the Crips and Bloods - teaching chubby little fingers to fold into gang signs even before the tots mouth their first words.

[pic - click to view]

A longtime member of the Lating Kings, here with his 4-year-old, says he wants to be a peacemaker and hopes his son follows suit.

Drive-by shootouts, murder and drug deals have always been a sad part of gang life, but recruitment from one generation to the next has become more prominent in the city where gangs only started showing their might in the mid-1990s.

"We're seeing more children who are being exposed to the gang world because their parents are members," said Deanna Rodriguez, Brooklyn district attorney gang bureau chief.

"This is part of their identity," Rodriguez said. "As long as they can remember, they've been part of the Bloods, Crips or the Latin Kings. This is what life is and they don't understand the concept of what life is outside that."

NYPD statistics bear out the sad truth: There were 713 gang incidents in New York last year, up from 554 in 2006.

While city officials estimate there are about 17,000 known gang members here, experts say the actual number is double that - not even including small neighborhood gangs.

The nation's three biggest gang cities are Los Angeles, Chicago and New York, said Arlen Egley of the National Youth Gang Organization.

Some of the misguided parents think teaching little ones the gang life is cute. Others have learned the hard way.

"My first child - he was only 6 months old when he got blessed into it," said King Ironman, a Bronx member of the Almighty Latin King and Queen Nation gang.

Then the boy was k!lled in a drive-by shootout.

"The target was me ... he was only 2 years old," Ironman said.

Although he says he hasn't been active for nearly 10 years and now tries to talk young people out of joining gangs, Ironman still "blessed" two more sons into the predominantly Puerto Rican gang. "Families have to do that to be part of the nation," he said.

One son was blessed at St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Morningside Heights four years ago during a quasi-religious ceremony. "It's like a christening," he said. "The priest holds the baby and we say our prayer at the same time. We have to have the window open and the baby pointed toward the sun."

Once blessed, the child is given yellow beads - the gang's color.

"He's a true gangster. The way he acts with people, the way he just wants to beat you up and punch you," Iron said of the 4-year-old "Latin Prince" he hopes will preach peace within the gang.

One Espicopal priest who "blessed-in" about 300 children kids into the a.ssociation Neta and the Latin Kings said he did not see anything wrong with the ceremony.

[pic - click to view]

Newborn Blood, known as a Blood drop, is draped with beads and flanked by guns. Police later seized the pistols from the parents.

"It's not a criminal organization," said the Rev. Luis Barrios, who is also a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Barrios was removed from St. Mary's after tussling with his superiors in the Episcopal church.

"It's a street organization with the capacity to bring together young people in search of power, collective identity ... [and] belonging in the society that's rejecting them," Barrios said.

To get into a gang, a recruit often has to get beat up and hurt others to prove their loyalty, but born-in babies gain automatic acceptance.

"The ones that are born in have a little more power and respect," a 21-year-old former Brooklyn Crips member said. "I've seen little kids that you could tell their father is affiliated."

Crips parents refer to their kids' birthdays as "C-Day," instead of "B-Day," so as not to glorify the rival Bloods, he said.

Kids who grow up with gang parents are likely to become bullies at a young age, said Andrew Grascia, president of the New York State Gang Investigators.

"No child is born evil. They're taught evil things," he said. "You're taking a young, very fragile child who's being taught crime by the people who are supposed to secure and take care of him."

Source:

[pic - click to view]

http://www.nydailynews.co .. ssed_do-1.html

148 comments for "Jun 16 - Baby Bloods, Crips and Latin kings (w/pics)"

9 years ago '04        #2
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
I wish they start chippin those peasants.......................

If they get outta line, off the network you go......................
 06-16-2008, 11:52 AM         #3
Young Candino  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow..... Thats just stupid... these dudes is out of control, now they recruiting babies.... fkin retards...
 9 years ago '08        #4
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
the first picture of dat yellow clothes kid is juss

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #5
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
 Young Candino said:
Wow..... Thats just stupid... these dudes is out of control, now they recruiting babies.... fkin retards...
this is nothing new.....its been happening all over the country for years.
 9 years ago '07        #6
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
 9 years ago '04        #7
LitO 
space
space
$4,036 | Props total: 355 355
 BRAZZ said:
let those puerto ricans k!ll each other..
stfu.. k!ll yourself u dyslexic Forest Whitaker lookin a.ss n*gga

Last edited by LitO; 06-16-2008 at 01:12 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #8
cinnabunz 
space
space
space
$116 | Props total: 98 98
I think its the parents decision. its probley younger parents who in time will learn how to be a parent. Its there baby and there problems. It's not like gangs are gonna vanish.
 9 years ago '04        #9
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 2404 2404
sh*t is real sad.........
 06-16-2008, 01:24 PM         #10
bdboy04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is were it gets serious the kids dont even know nothing they think its just something fun
 9 years ago '07        #11
budlightextra 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,335 | Props total: 312 312
who still bang? beside latinos
 9 years ago '04        #12
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,434 | Props total: 5520 5520
that sh*t is almost no different from army brats. but its not like that matters.
 06-16-2008, 01:53 PM         #13
EarlLee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love when suburban people try to make sense of what goes down in the hood.lol.

like dude said above, this has been going on for years. The Kings are much more than a "gang" and the reason why all children need to be "blessed" is because its just not about "wearing colors". They are more like a organized family. I grew up in NY and done seen it all, bloods, crips, kings, netas, etc.

Sh*t is real, but not as serious as the daily news is trying to make it seem. Most of those kids' parents ain't going to be affiliated like that when they get older anyway...
 06-16-2008, 01:54 PM         #14
YounG_FaMe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they will all be future garbage rappers
 9 years ago '06        #15
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,783 | Props total: 469 469
 Young Candino said:

MS-13 recruits the Mexican kids at their school at a young age.
 9 years ago '04        #16
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
somebody took the lil homies figures way to seriously
 9 years ago '04        #17
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,136 | Props total: 9436 9436
 budlightextra said:
who still bang? beside latinos
I'm sayin'!! I thought gangbangin went out with the 90s.

Naw but for real, this is sad. I used to bang from like 14-17 until my moms moved away to get me out of that sh*t. In the years that passed after that, I realized that the world really wasn't what I thought it was.

Its sad because with parents bein full on active members, the kids will never learn that there are other ways to view the world. And much better ways to attain power, joy and fulfillment
 9 years ago '04        #18
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
wtf...the whole gang sh*t completely changed. used to be all business and now they bring in anybody they feel like bringing in...
 06-16-2008, 02:29 PM         #19
|Sam|Sam|  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is nothing new. its just sad that it has taken mainstream USA so damn long to see it. they only care when it begins to effect the mainstream.

every male in my family has at one point been bangin. i neva banged because my cousin is the fu*kn n*gga round here. so i didnt have to. and i dont see nothin wrong wit it. because it gives u a sense of belonging and a set of family values. what i do see a problem with is when they get to k!llin the females and children... thas where the line gets cut.

who cares if u dress ya kids in all red, yellow, blue, or burgundy?? throwin up a set is nothin more than a secret handshake u had as a kid. and dressin like ya friends wit da same jersey in middle school... let them do them. as long as the children can make a decision for themselves on if they wanna bang or not. cause its def. not for everybody.
 06-16-2008, 02:31 PM         #20
vazquezj  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BRAZZ said:
let those puerto ricans k!ll each other..
fu*k YOU DUMB MOTHERfu*kER.... DUMB MOTHERfu*kERS SHOULD GET CANED..... :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
324 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy