most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1
8639 pageviews
94 comments

Makaveli4Eva 
space
space
$750 | Props total: 160 160
Jun 15 - Carter III End of Week Sales From Billboard History

I know ya'll like dis n*gga keep making these threads but fu*k I'm from da south homie and I like seein my n*ggaz shine and dis n*gga bout to make history and after all his work , hate 'em or love 'em. HE DESERVES IT. REAL TALK

(Billboard News Article)

The magic million is within sight of Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III." The Cash Money/Universal album continues to lead Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart, released today (June 13). Based on the new tally, the album could sell a million copies by the time SoundScan closes out its tracking week on Sunday night.

Unweighted sales of "Carter" through the close of business yesterday stood at 630,000. That's the largest number the Friday Building chart has seen since it began in September.

The last album to rack up a similar number on a Friday Building chart was Kanye West's "Graduation" (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam), which posted a 600,000 figure the Friday of its release. "Graduation" would go on to shift 957,000 in its first full week.

The last album to sell a million copies in a week was 50 Cent's "The Massacre" (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope), when it bowed with 1.1 million in March 2005.

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.billboard.com/ .. _id=1003816583

94 comments for "Jun 15 - Carter III End of Week Sales From Billboard History"

9 years ago '06        #2
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,328 | Props total: 215 215
stop making the same THREADS!!!!!!!:banghead:
at least HAVE the total sales first, before making your thread topic cuz i thought i was about to see some sh*t like,
"Just in, Lil Wayne makes history by selling 1.5 million copies on his release week."
 06-15-2008, 10:49 AM         #3
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Soundscans will be different than Billboard. Dont be suprised if its shorter than a Milli
 9 years ago '05        #4
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 Makaveli4Eva said:
I know ya'll like dis n*gga keep making these threads but fu*k I'm from da south homie and I like seein my n*ggaz shine and dis n*gga bout to make history and after all his work , hate 'em or love 'em. HE DESERVES IT. REAL TALK

(Billboard News Article)

The magic million is within sight of Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III." The Cash Money/Universal album continues to lead Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart, released today (June 13). Based on the new tally, the album could sell a million copies by the time SoundScan closes out its tracking week on Sunday night.

Unweighted sales of "Carter" through the close of business yesterday stood at 630,000. That's the largest number the Friday Building chart has seen since it began in September.

The last album to rack up a similar number on a Friday Building chart was Kanye West's "Graduation" (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam), which posted a 600,000 figure the Friday of its release. "Graduation" would go on to shift 957,000 in its first full week.

The last album to sell a million copies in a week was 50 Cent's "The Massacre" (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope), when it bowed with 1.1 million in March 2005.

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

i dont understand why people are making such a big deal about waynes sales he sold 3mil on his debut so people are makin a big deal like this is the 1st time hes ever sold to the masses when he sells 3mil again or more then this will be a huge sucess otherwise he'll fail to meet the bar he rose for himself.
 06-15-2008, 10:58 AM         #5
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip Hop Is Officially Now.....dead
 9 years ago '04        #6
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,689 | Props total: 433 433
I got him doing 900,000+
 9 years ago '07        #7
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
 Andre3000 said:
Soundscans will be different than Billboard. Dont be suprised if its shorter than a Milli
 9 years ago '07        #8
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
 DA DOPEMAN said:
thas real talk
 06-15-2008, 11:08 AM         #9
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The album is trash anyway, waste of download
 06-15-2008, 11:14 AM         #10
gotocollege 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tj.iscool said:
The album is trash anyway, waste of download
co-sign
 06-15-2008, 11:26 AM         #11
NickthaQuick1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why are you getting so excited about lil wayne's album sales? who cares how much he sold, its not like YOUR getting any of the money? idk maybe im confused here, but getting hyped over a rapper that ISNT you is a little pointless, agree?
 9 years ago '04        #12
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
lol @ the hatin a.ss comments
 9 years ago '07        #13
Avon_Barksdale 4343 heat pts4343
space
space
$42,460 | Props total: 55940 55940
^Exactly...
 9 years ago '04        #14
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,585 | Props total: 4148 4148
 DA DOPEMAN said:
makes u not even wanna participate in hip hop culture...but u know lil wayne is rap....not hip hop...we gotta f!ght for hip hop, everyone that loves it that is...lets these "goons" have this "rap sh*t"
 06-15-2008, 12:38 PM         #15
Clowd911 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol... are u serious?.. u from da south and u like seein n*ggas shine?...

watch him on TV, look at his jewelry, his jackets... u can see him shine there...

he's from the south and do u think hes worried about you shining?...

im sure he's lookin for support on boxden
 9 years ago '04        #16
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
if he's gonna set a record on Billboard

n*gga better sell like 2.4 Million albums in first week to surpass N'Sync on their first week..... if not Eminem still got largest selling album with 1.7 Million
 06-15-2008, 12:52 PM         #17
Infamous Ozz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas stay hatin when they see a n*gga doing good. That n*gga doing better than you lil f*g**ts. Respect is given where respect is due. Let the n*gga do his numbers AND you should k!ll yourself for hating. Go back to ya boring as life, working that 9-5 and living check to check. Dirty a.ss roaches!
 9 years ago '05        #18
thatboydrae 
space
space
$1,323 | Props total: 315 315
 Infamous Ozz said:
n*ggas stay hatin when they see a n*gga doing good. That n*gga doing better than you lil f*g**ts. Respect is given where respect is due. Let the n*gga do his numbers AND you should k!ll yourself for hating. Go back to ya boring as life, working that 9-5 and living check to check. Dirty a.ss roaches!
:applause:
 9 years ago '04        #19
Makaveli4Eva  OP
space
space
$750 | Props total: 160 160
Ya'll k!ll me. Peep, if you don't like da topic. Skip it. Move da fu*k on. hate elsewhere. i raps. So i like to see da business doing good. Sales ain't what they used to be and i got just as happy for Kanye and 50 when they did it. If you don't like da carter 3 don't buy it. Don't like the topic, then don't read it. All these hatin a.ss comments ain't asked for byatches lol. I bet ya'll n*ggaz feelin da NERD cd tho huh? i ain't gon reply back. I do wat I want. fu*k wat ya' heard and double fu*k wat ya' thought. holla
 9 years ago '04        #20
Laffman22 
space
space
$541 | Props total: 175 175
That n*gga be on that Dope and Codeine and be just be mumbling sh*t... who cares how many albums he sells to these young a.ss muthafu*kas who dont know sh*t about real hip-hop. Somebody tell me how muthafu*kas be loving this Dope Fiending a.ss n*gga!
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy