Jun 15 - Carter III End of Week Sales From Billboard History

most viewed right now
 138
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 68
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 66
Drake- Iím Upset
334 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 65
Gillie The Kid Goes Off Talking Bout Pusha T. Vs Drake, & Quentin Miller
27 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
8695 pageviews
94 comments


Makaveli4Eva 
space
avatar space
space
$831 | Props total: 323 323
Jun 15 - Carter III End of Week Sales From Billboard History
 

 
I know ya'll like dis n*gga keep making these threads but fu*k I'm from da south homie and I like seein my n*ggaz shine and dis n*gga bout to make history and after all his work , hate 'em or love 'em. HE DESERVES IT. REAL TALK


(Billboard News Article)


The magic million is within sight of Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III." The Cash Money/Universal album continues to lead Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart, released today (June 13). Based on the new tally, the album could sell a million copies by the time SoundScan closes out its tracking week on Sunday night.

Unweighted sales of "Carter" through the close of business yesterday stood at 630,000. That's the largest number the Friday Building chart has seen since it began in September.

The last album to rack up a similar number on a Friday Building chart was Kanye West's "Graduation" (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam), which posted a 600,000 figure the Friday of its release. "Graduation" would go on to shift 957,000 in its first full week.

The last album to sell a million copies in a week was 50 Cent's "The Massacre" (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope), when it bowed with 1.1 million in March 2005.

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.



[pic - click to view]

 http://www.billboard.com/ .. _id=1003816583

94 comments for "Jun 15 - Carter III End of Week Sales From Billboard History"

 10 years ago '06        #2
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,386 | Props total: 310 310
stop making the same THREADS!!!!!!!:banghead:
at least HAVE the total sales first, before making your thread topic cuz i thought i was about to see some sh*t like,
"Just in, Lil Wayne makes history by selling 1.5 million copies on his release week."
 06-15-2008, 09:49 AM         #3
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Soundscans will be different than Billboard. Dont be suprised if its shorter than a Milli
 10 years ago '05        #4
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,400 | Props total: 959 959
 Makaveli4Eva said:
I know ya'll like dis n*gga keep making these threads but fu*k I'm from da south homie and I like seein my n*ggaz shine and dis n*gga bout to make history and after all his work , hate 'em or love 'em. HE DESERVES IT. REAL TALK


(Billboard News Article)


The magic million is within sight of Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III." The Cash Money/Universal album continues to lead Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart, released today (June 13). Based on the new tally, the album could sell a million copies by the time SoundScan closes out its tracking week on Sunday night.

Unweighted sales of "Carter" through the close of business yesterday stood at 630,000. That's the largest number the Friday Building chart has seen since it began in September.

The last album to rack up a similar number on a Friday Building chart was Kanye West's "Graduation" (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam), which posted a 600,000 figure the Friday of its release. "Graduation" would go on to shift 957,000 in its first full week.

The last album to sell a million copies in a week was 50 Cent's "The Massacre" (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope), when it bowed with 1.1 million in March 2005.

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.


i dont understand why people are making such a big deal about waynes sales he sold 3mil on his debut so people are makin a big deal like this is the 1st time hes ever sold to the masses when he sells 3mil again or more then this will be a huge sucess otherwise he'll fail to meet the bar he rose for himself.
 06-15-2008, 09:58 AM         #5
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip Hop Is Officially Now.....dead
 10 years ago '04        #6
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,242 | Props total: 759 759
I got him doing 900,000+
 10 years ago '07        #7
jack_napier 
space
avatar space
space
$3,565 | Props total: 56 56
 Andre3000 said:
Soundscans will be different than Billboard. Dont be suprised if its shorter than a Milli
 10 years ago '07        #8
jack_napier 
space
avatar space
space
$3,565 | Props total: 56 56
 DA DOPEMAN said:
Hip Hop Is Officially Now.....dead
thas real talk
 06-15-2008, 10:08 AM         #9
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The album is trash anyway, waste of download
 06-15-2008, 10:14 AM         #10
gotocollege 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tj.iscool said:
The album is trash anyway, waste of download
co-sign
 06-15-2008, 10:26 AM         #11
NickthaQuick1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why are you getting so excited about lil wayne's album sales? who cares how much he sold, its not like YOUR getting any of the money? idk maybe im confused here, but getting hyped over a rapper that ISNT you is a little pointless, agree?
 10 years ago '04        #12
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$15,117 | Props total: 6890 6890
lol @ the hatin a.ss comments
 10 years ago '07        #13
Avon_Barksdale 4473 heat pts4473
space
avatar space
space
$45,209 | Props total: 69193 69193
^Exactly...
 10 years ago '04        #14
bnw99 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$7,270 | Props total: 5704 5704
 DA DOPEMAN said:
Hip Hop Is Officially Now.....dead
makes u not even wanna participate in hip hop culture...but u know lil wayne is rap....not hip hop...we gotta f!ght for hip hop, everyone that loves it that is...lets these "goons" have this "rap sh*t"
 06-15-2008, 11:38 AM         #15
Clowd911 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol... are u serious?.. u from da south and u like seein n*ggas shine?...

watch him on TV, look at his jewelry, his jackets... u can see him shine there...

he's from the south and do u think hes worried about you shining?...

im sure he's lookin for support on boxden
 10 years ago '04        #16
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
avatar space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 11 11
if he's gonna set a record on Billboard

n*gga better sell like 2.4 Million albums in first week to surpass N'Sync on their first week..... if not Eminem still got largest selling album with 1.7 Million
 06-15-2008, 11:52 AM         #17
Infamous Ozz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas stay hatin when they see a n*gga doing good. That n*gga doing better than you lil f*g**ts. Respect is given where respect is due. Let the n*gga do his numbers AND you should k!ll yourself for hating. Go back to ya boring as life, working that 9-5 and living check to check. Dirty a.ss roaches!
 10 years ago '05        #18
thatboydrae 
space
avatar space
space
$1,337 | Props total: 356 356
 Infamous Ozz said:
n*ggas stay hatin when they see a n*gga doing good. That n*gga doing better than you lil f*g**ts. Respect is given where respect is due. Let the n*gga do his numbers AND you should k!ll yourself for hating. Go back to ya boring as life, working that 9-5 and living check to check. Dirty a.ss roaches!
:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #19
Makaveli4Eva  OP
space
avatar space
space
$831 | Props total: 323 323
Ya'll k!ll me. Peep, if you don't like da topic. Skip it. Move da fu*k on. hate elsewhere. i raps. So i like to see da business doing good. Sales ain't what they used to be and i got just as happy for Kanye and 50 when they did it. If you don't like da carter 3 don't buy it. Don't like the topic, then don't read it. All these hatin a.ss comments ain't asked for byatches lol. I bet ya'll n*ggaz feelin da NERD cd tho huh? i ain't gon reply back. I do wat I want. fu*k wat ya' heard and double fu*k wat ya' thought. holla
 10 years ago '04        #20
Laffman22 
space
avatar space
space
$541 | Props total: 183 183
That n*gga be on that Dope and Codeine and be just be mumbling sh*t... who cares how many albums he sells to these young a.ss muthafu*kas who dont know sh*t about real hip-hop. Somebody tell me how muthafu*kas be loving this Dope Fiending a.ss n*gga!
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
McDonald's customers suing for $5M over unwanted Quarter Pounder cheese
18 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
#bigbreasttwitter
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside What streaming on Twitch has done to my life :wadesad:
58 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 12
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1358 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Nicki Minaj Reveals She's Dating Eminem
134 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are Californiaís Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside He bought a woman drinks. She left him at bar ó he broke into her hom..
57 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy