most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #101
Krazi oNe 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,381 | Props total: 1 1
i think what hes done is found a way to do what eminem wanted to do with his silly presence later in his career but asher is able to put better lyricism into it...(not comparing him to em in his prime..no competition there lmao)

no?
 9 years ago '06        #102
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
dudes flow is sick.
 9 years ago '07        #103
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,478 | Props total: 411 411
any links?
 12-14-2008, 05:32 PM         #104
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude is not the truth. end of story
 9 years ago '08        #105
NYG155 
space
space
$1,020 | Props total: 0 0
I mean I've heard some of his stuff and honestly its just okay generally aimless freestyling. His style is completely uninteresting and his song making skill isn't really that good. Notice I said song making ability and not lyrics. I f you don't know the difference look at it like this. Plies has really good song making ability and rap style but only has okay lyrics. Papoose has a really expansive lyrical vocab but has little song skills and even worse style. Simultaneously Corey Gunz has lyrics and style but can't make a song for sh*t. You need all of these traits to be successful. If you don't believe then tell me why Cassidy just can't blow up. But as far as Asher Roth goes, I don't mean to offend anyone, but would we even be talking about him if he wasn't white? I mean thats really the only thing that sets him apart from everyone else because his lyrics are okay, his style is boring, and his song skills are limited. And whats with all these eminem comparisons? The only thing he share with Em is a skin tone. Em's talent showed through his skin so that he would've been succesful even if he was black; though not as big. I just did this to ask what does Asher Roth have thats just reall deserving of all this attention?
 9 years ago '04        #106
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,680 | Props total: 2217 2217
people just wanna be the first to co-sign somebody when they are a nobody..and then hate when they make a song that gets radio plays
 12-26-2008, 09:57 PM         #107
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jewelz1132 said:
people just wanna be the first to co-sign somebody when they are a nobody..and then hate when they make a song that gets radio plays
this is the only thing i can think of.. dude is nothing special really, just a new artist that people like to cosign
 12-26-2008, 10:21 PM         #108
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont get it the dude raps like a complete fu*kin nerd..
 9 years ago '04        #109
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,122 | Props total: 1155 1155
whats all the hoopla an boobbla?
 9 years ago '04        #110
twizzytwo22 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,726 | Props total: 485 485
overhyped for sure
 9 years ago '05        #111
Scorpz 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,201 | Props total: 20822 20822
copywrite >>>> asher roth :agreement6:
 9 years ago '05        #112
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
becauses hes something fresh and new...sorry maybe he should be more like lil wayne or soulja boy? maybe he should rap about the hood or ghetto sh*t or make some fancy dance...smh
 9 years ago '05        #113
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 46 46
how come when ever these dudes who think they're listening to 'real hip-hop' because they listen to rappers who are signed to majors but haven't put out an album yet want to talk sh*t because you think someone sucks they say 'maybe he should be more like Lil' Wayne'

Asher Roth gets hype because his voice sounds like Em's, he tries to use the same rhyme scheme as Em, and because he's a white dude

i haven't listened to much of his music though, so i can't say it's wack or not....
 9 years ago '08        #114
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,053 | Props total: 4898 4898
Ash is cool because he is no gangster rapper. He doesn't try to potray a rapper. He just raps calls it poetry. From a interview i seen. He dresses like a straight white boy. I think his is aight. Not super big not huge just alright. He'll get a album or 2. I do like his remix to runaway love now that was on some deep a.ss sh*t right there.I like him because his style is different. When I heard about him I was like he got skill. So don't try to bash him because he don't sound like your favorite rapper.
 12-27-2008, 12:12 AM         #115
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when i heard dude he sounded like a wack a.ss version of Eminem, his voice was so similar but he lacked the skill.
 12-27-2008, 12:13 AM         #116
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Keno024 said:
Ash is cool because he is no gangster rapper. He doesn't try to potray a rapper. He just raps calls it poetry. From a interview i seen. He dresses like a straight white boy. I think his is aight. Not super big not huge just alright. He'll get a album or 2. I do like his remix to runaway love now that was on some deep a.ss sh*t right there.I like him because his style is different. When I heard about him I was like he got skill. So don't try to bash him because he don't sound like your favorite rapper.
But he sounds just like Eminem....

12-27-2008, 12:20 AM         #117
Fresh 84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k asher roth
 12-27-2008, 12:28 AM         #118
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Keno024 said:
Ash is cool because he is no gangster rapper.
See I have a problem with this. He is cool, simply because he is no gangster rapper? That makes him good? I have talked to soo many people that have this attitude towards rappers, like everything out of the underground is gold because all they talk about is how they arn't gangsters n shiit. Its fu*king annoying as hell. Its cause they have nothing else to talk about, and they arn't inspired or talented as artists, so they like spitting lines about how not gangster they are, and everyone who likes to feel better about themselves by listening to artists they can personally relate to are drawn to it.
 12-27-2008, 12:49 AM         #119
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have NOT heard this dudes material yet, but all I know is he's white and e's gettin hyped up
 9 years ago '05        #120
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 46 46
yea it's people who hype up 'underground' rappers BECAUSE they're 'underground' that give true underground fans a bad name

i wouldn't say i'm an underground head, though i do listen to alot of true underground rappers, but i know the difference between an actual underground rapper and someone who just doesn't have a deal/an album out

Asher Roth isn't underground, dude is fu*king everywhere......

that's like saying Joe Budden is underground, people know who he is, he's not underground.......

Murs, Atmosphere, Apathy, Sage Francis

those are underground dudes........mixtape rappers and dudes signed to majors without albums out are NOT underground rappers

and you are NOT nice just because you're different.......

actually, Asher Roth said it best in a video he did with Charles Hamilton (who is trash by the way).....

"Just because we can't understand you doesn't mean you're creative."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy