The Happening (Spoilers)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
ronaldinho_10 
space
space
space
$408 | Props total: 1 1
yall mafu*kers need to have an open mind about sh*t
the entire movie the audience where im at was into the movie. screaming at parts. i went wit 5 ppl and 3 of them at many parts were too pus*y to look at certain deaths. like to me thats what made it good, the fact that the entire audience was FEELIN the movie through and through

so many ppl expect some kinda fu*kn twist cause M Nights name is on this sh*t. it was a good movie, yall need to go out and form ur own opinions.

by the way, the part where he talks to the plant was MEANT to be funny, and guess what? everyone in the theatre laughed.
it was a different movie i guess some of yall cant handle that
 06-14-2008, 02:09 PM         #42
Styl3s  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronaldinho_10 said:
yall mafu*kers need to have an open mind about sh*t
the entire movie the audience where im at was into the movie. screaming at parts. i went wit 5 ppl and 3 of them at many parts were too pus*y to look at certain deaths. like to me thats what made it good, the fact that the entire audience was FEELIN the movie through and through

so many ppl expect some kinda fu*kn twist cause M Nights name is on this sh*t. it was a good movie, yall need to go out and form ur own opinions.

by the way, the part where he talks to the plant was MEANT to be funny, and guess what? everyone in the theatre laughed.
it was a different movie i guess some of yall cant handle that
THANK YOU

its like these morons were to stupid to understand the meaning of the movie, then again the same people call scarface a "classic" and "best movie ever"
 9 years ago '07        #43
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,200 | Props total: 15035 15035
just got back from seeing it, I didnt think it was corny at all. I was interested the whole time, which is rare because most movies become stale after a certain point.

the lawnmower scene was :wow::wow::wow::wow:

I wasn't expecting the suicides to be as graphic as they were. John Leguizamo was the most "tamed" suicide.

and another part that was funny was the plant dude talking about the hot dogs

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 06-14-2008 at 02:18 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #44
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,784 | Props total: 14591 14591
 icedout921 said:
worst fu*king movie ive ever seen.

sh*t was worse than the village...

only good movies hes done was lady in the water and sixth sense
the WORSE ... you serious? ... stop playing... ive seen FAR WORSE movies ... GOH...
 9 years ago '04        #45
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 koopsta36 said:
Ok it's not a twist but if you wanna waste your money on it feel free. When you see Mark apologizing to plant and can't help but laugh do9n't say I didn't tell you.
That part had me rollin a plastic plant at that.
 9 years ago '04        #46
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 AdorableOne said:
Uh the Sixth Sense. Signs was pretty good too.
Cosigns. Unbreakable wasn't that good at all.
 9 years ago '05        #47
Pegcityplaya 
space
space
$1,747 | Props total: 0 0
 Protocol said:
lmao you moron you missed the whole point of the movie...they throw alot of different explanations of that happened out there but you apparently missed all of them even though they are pretty obvious. it started with big populations at first and worked its way down to smaller and smaller populations until the last attack was just a single person so it could have just been done. or it could have something to do with the moods. the house with the old lady who hated everybody and didnt communicate with the whole world at all was where the center of the whole thing was happening and when she got really pissed off and flipped out she died and the only people left there were mark wahlberg, the lady and the child and they were full of love and the attacks ended. and they also kept showing that mood ring throughout the movie so that could of been a reason. and then they just throw one more reason at you at the end where they mention the whole global warming thing which is apparently the only thing you payed attention to in the movie. the whole point of the movie is some thing in nature are unexplainable and just happen for a reason. thats why they emphasise that statement a few times throughout the movie.
First intelligent post in the thread. There are some seriously ignorant people on BX. I thought this was a really good movie. Like you said some things are just unexplainable but now days we jump to conclusions and blame "terrorists", global warming, or other things before we investigate or do the research. Also Signs, Sixth Sense, and Unbreakable are excellent movies. The idea of the Village was also really good. I really enjoy this man's movies, fu*k the haters.
 06-14-2008, 05:40 PM         #48
Born Supreme  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
worst. fu*kin. movie. EVER. my homeboy actually tried to get his money back. ion blame him. i actually thought it was goin somewhere when all the people just froze and started walkin backwards. smdh@the treehuggers' lobby havin a voice in hollywood now. smgdh@that fake a.ss blood on the black kid's head after her got shot POINT BLANK RANGE WITH A SHOTGUN. sh*t shoulda been in a million pieces. smdh@ the suicide at the zoo. worst cg ever.

----------------
Now playing:
via
 9 years ago '05        #49
Black Moses 
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
it really is bad. Like the dialogue and everything. i know M. knight was going for a B-movie type feel but the dialogue is just laughable. Some parts were funny and it was purposely campy but the plot is just STUPID and it's called the happening yet NOTHING happens after the first 10 minutes....another sucky movie by M. Knight.
 06-15-2008, 01:50 PM         #50
willie d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt see it yet now i wavt to
 06-15-2008, 02:53 PM         #51
Chopzilla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO WOW I might have to see it just for some laughs
 9 years ago '06        #52
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,523 | Props total: 6751 6751
n*gga copied the Ghostbusters II idea with the bad energy/bad things happen
 06-15-2008, 06:18 PM         #53
Javon_Johnson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Boxden is hilarious.

Anyways...just saw this earlier today and really enjoyed it. Reminded me a lot of "Cabin Fever". Shymalan was definitely going for more of a fun, campy, gross-you-out type of film than his others. I'd probably rate this his second best effor behind "Sixth Sense".
 9 years ago '04        #54
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,902 | Props total: 2583 2583
i just couldnt get around the acting enough to get into the story...one of the worst couple of performances ive ever seen...wahlberg was absolutely awful, but his wife should NEVER be able to act in a movie ever again
 9 years ago '05        #55
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
 Mr AirRic said:
i just couldnt get around the acting enough to get into the story...one of the worst couple of performances ive ever seen...wahlberg was absolutely awful, but his wife should NEVER be able to act in a movie ever again
you're right the acting was horrible but the concept was good. I believe if the move had better acting and not advertised as a scary movie then people would look at it differently. Everybody is going to see it thinking its going to be a lot of k!lling and crazy stuff happening because of the commercials and thats not the point. What draws people to movies can also be what draws them away.
 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM         #56
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow im surpised at the reaction to this movie. i liked the twist. the fact that evrything they said plants and trees can do is so factual its crazy. and whats crazy is that they could really do that in real life.

and to the person asking how did they stop the plants, the answer is they didnt. the plants stop themselves. if you see at the end of the movie the scientist explains that the plants did that as a warning. which means it was a warning shot in a sense.

to me one of the best movies ive seen this year.
 9 years ago '04        #57
GaTechPimp 
space
space
$388 | Props total: 0 0
 TheT said:
you're right the acting was horrible but the concept was good. I believe if the move had better acting and not advertised as a scary movie then people would look at it differently. Everybody is going to see it thinking its going to be a lot of k!lling and crazy stuff happening because of the commercials and thats not the point. What draws people to movies can also be what draws them away.

Basically... M Night needs to understand that the reason he gets a lot of criticism is because of the way he's advertising his movies.
 9 years ago '05        #58
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
I'm still gonna stand by this film. I think it's dope. And, I still think that Lady In The Water was a good movie...

Maybe it's because folks don't have a long enough attention span to watch old school suspense filmmaking.
 9 years ago '07        #59
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,783 | Props total: 2396 2396
the movie wasn't that bad.

it was different, but whatever. it had nothing to do with "positive feelings".. it was 9:58 when they went outside, the toxins had gone away apparently at 9:28. So they were scared for nothing for about half an hour.
 9 years ago '07        #60
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,783 | Props total: 2396 2396
 TheT said:
I definitely agree with this.

I think every character in this movie with the exception of the little girl was awful.

I like Wahlberg, but his character sucked. Half the time, I wanted his girlfriend (don't know the actresses name) to "Happen".. felt bad for John L's character.. but c'mon. How corny were all of his lines?

I think with a more marquee lead actor and a better supporting cast, this movie would've been a lot more successful with critics.

Although.. it was given a good review by the only critic I actually respect and listen to, Roger Ebert.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy