The Happening (Spoilers)

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-11-2008, 07:55 PM         #1
6071 pageviews
80 comments

koopsta36 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Happening (Spoilers)

Didn't see anything on this yet. I am just going to say do not see this movie. The twist is wack and people couldn't help but laugh at certain parts of the movie. Didn't even stick around for the ending. Spoilers coming:

The big twist is that the trees and plants are mad at humans for polluting the earth so they create a toxin that makes humans commit suicide. It doesn't affect animals only humans. They spread the toxin through the wind. At one point there's a scene where Mark Walberg is trying to outrun the wind so that he doesn't get poisoned, everybody started laughing. Also tries and use scary music when a tree starts shaking and this little boy is on a swing, like the trees gonna get him, lol.

I really hope M. Night never makes a movie after this. Word of mouth is gonna k!ll this movie, I hope it makes like a buck fifty.

80 comments for "The Happening (Spoilers)"

06-11-2008, 08:26 PM         #2
SwllwtheShards  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahahahaha. how the fu*k did i know that this sh*t was gonna have a fu*king lame a.ss twist. at everyone talking bout they were looking forward to this movie.
 10 years ago '06        #3
Mr.Heismen 
space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
i think the only good movie he did was unbreakable would anyone else agree??
 10 years ago '05        #4
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
hahaha....PLEASE tell me your lying! thats gotta be one of the worst ideas ever haha...this sh*t and village...all hype and no execution...
 10 years ago '05        #5
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 Mr.Heismen said:
i thought the sixth sense was solid...but thats a flick you can only see once...

buy yeah...dudes mad over hyped
 06-11-2008, 09:47 PM         #6
koopsta36  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 astroblack9 said:
hahaha....PLEASE tell me your lying! thats gotta be one of the worst ideas ever haha...this sh*t and village...all hype and no execution...
I wish I was. I was hyped to see this too.
 10 years ago '05        #7
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,845 | Props total: 4144 4144
 astroblack9 said:

It is false. everyone knew about the plants, and it isn't a twist at all. It was announced by the studio when they bought the script...

News flash: It's not a twist if it's in THE PLOT SYNOPSIS...

get, the hell out of here with that crap

Yes, "The Happening" is Shyamalan's first R-rated film. Nearly as surprising as his famed twist endings, right? Don't go into "The Happening" expecting one of those either. Instead, Shyamalan delivers a scarily plausible doomsday thrill ride starring Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 06-11-2008 at 09:58 PM..
 06-11-2008, 10:10 PM         #8
koopsta36  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:

It is false. everyone knew about the plants, and it isn't a twist at all. It was announced by the studio when they bought the script...

News flash: It's not a twist if it's in THE PLOT SYNOPSIS...

get, the hell out of here with that crap

Ok it's not a twist but if you wanna waste your money on it feel free. When you see Mark apologizing to plant and can't help but laugh do9n't say I didn't tell you.
 10 years ago '05        #9
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,845 | Props total: 4144 4144
 koopsta36 said:
Ok it's not a twist but if you wanna waste your money on it feel free. When you see Mark apologizing to plant and can't help but laugh don't say I didn't tell you.
Man, I know what you're saying, but knowing M Night and the folks he usually works with, I want to see the execution of the film as opposed to just the plot. So, I'm still gonna give it a chance...

And, the part with mark apologizing was meant to be humorous... it was intentional, I know. I actually READ the screenplay.
 10 years ago '04        #10
Mike Lyricalone 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,292 | Props total: 16 16
Thats only half the problem...the one that got me was how they stopped the plants from the toxins. When Marky Marks character Elliot figures these plants are mood rings and they release the toxins when they don't like the energies that humans give off...and at the third act him and Alma, who have been seperated and are reunited, step infront of the open air and try to channel their positive feelings for each other...love if you will...and they just simply live.

That's the heartbreaker right there.
 06-11-2008, 10:45 PM         #11
more_fya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I haven't liked any of M. whatever the fu*k his name is movies yet so it doesn't surprise me that this wouldn't be any good. It looked kinda serious but at the same time it looked like one of those all the good parts are in the preview movies.
 10 years ago '04        #12
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 10 10
He is falling off...I thought the concept of the Village was good, but they shouldnt have presented it as a scary movie in the previews. I guess I will have to see this because my wife really wants to see this. Then I can look at her and say last time you pick a movie
 10 years ago '07        #13
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,791 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Mr.Heismen said:
thats my favorite but sixth sense and signs were good also... thats it... the only thing thats good about this movie is how ppl k!ll themselves thats it... i dont want to hear music while they are running from the wind and mark wahlberg acting like something is coming to get him in the house but its really some old lady thats trying to commit suicide... but at the end once its over there something that happens (wont say) that makes you think its not nature that causes it AT ALL... i aint gonna lie ill probably get it once it available to dl... but thats it...
 10 years ago '07        #14
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Signs and The Six Sence were fu*king good

Im convinced he has some type of cult following(fanbase) for studios to keep giving him money to do these movies with wack twists ie; The Village, Lady in the water
the village twist wasnt really a twist on the tombstone in the beginning if you caught it you knew it was in modern times... but still the it wouldve been good like someone said if they didnt try to pass it as a horror movie ...
 10 years ago '07        #15
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 koopsta36 said:
Ok it's not a twist but if you wanna waste your money on it feel free. When you see Mark apologizing to plant and can't help but laugh do9n't say I didn't tell you.
yea the twist is what happens at the end... and you're like damn maybe nature had NOTHING to do w/ it ... but yea that part was intentionally funny but there are other things that werent supposed to be like that and are funny... ... but like i said ill cop the b-leg... its worth that much...
 10 years ago '06        #16
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,492 | Props total: 14792 14792
LMAO. i read awhile back that plants were the 'killers' and i told my homeboi who wanted to see this movie bad about it and he wouldnt believe me. he still goin to see that sh*t.
 10 years ago '05        #17
champlain 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,790 | Props total: 72 72
Yeah i heard it was about plants a long time ago on imdb or whatever...that isnt too much of a spolier...
 10 years ago '06        #18
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,536 | Props total: 1036 1036
 Birdman's Back said:
LMAO. i read awhile back that plants were the 'killers' and i told my homeboi who wanted to see this movie bad about it and he wouldnt believe me. he still goin to see that sh*t.
Not anymore
 06-12-2008, 04:29 PM         #19
Street Bully  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought the village was very good and clever
 10 years ago '07        #20
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
It's creative and different. I hope he pulls it off but it doesn't seem like he did according to those who went to advanced screenings
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
81 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy