Donhagey claims NBA fixed 2002 lakers/kings and 2005 Mavs/Rockets series

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-11-2008, 04:52 AM         #121
dropkicknu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there goes whatever credibilty the nba had left

icedout921 said:
Ex-referee Tim Donaghy blows whistle on NBA dirty secrets

By JOHN MARZULLI
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 4:00 PM
Tim Donaghy, who pleaded guilty to charges of betting on games he officiated, is now airing NBA's dirty laundry. Murphy/Getty

Tim Donaghy, who pleaded guilty to charges of betting on games he officiated, is now airing NBA's dirty laundry.

Ex-NBA referee Tim Donaghy told the feds two refs fixed the outcome of one playoff series - and that officials were told not to eject star players from games for fear of hurting ticket sales.

The bombshell allegations are contained in a court document filed Tuesday by Donaghy's lawyer. It describes the “inner workings" of the NBA in which top league executives used referees to manipulate games.

Donaghy, who pleaded guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court to charges of betting on games he officiated, told FBI agents “league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the document said.

Donaghy claims he was told that two refs who were “company men” acting in the interest of the NBA conspired to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The referees allegedly ignored flagrant fouls committed by the team that needed to win. They also reportedly called "made-up fouls" against the other team which led to the ejection of two of their players. The team favored by the refs won that night and the next game to win the series.

The document does not name the teams. The Nets were in that playoff series, losing the championship finals to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Donaghy also claimed a supervising referee told refs that an unidentified NBA executive did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or boot them from the game.

Donaghy told feds the league reprimanded a referee who disobeyed that edict in January 2000 and ejected an unnamed star player from a game in the first quarter.

Lawyer John Lauro filed the four-page letter to Federal Judge Carol Amon because none of the information was included in the government’s letter to the judge seeking leniency for Donaghy when he is sentenced next month.

Lauro has gone to war against Brooklyn federal prosecutors for offering plea deals to Donaghy's betting accomplices that give them less time than the disgraced ref, despite his extensive cooperation.

Donaghy claims referees have accepted autographs, free merchandise and meals from team coaches and managers. He told probers one referee used a team's practice facility to exercise and another played tennis with an NBA coach.

"These activities were against NBA rules, indeed, such inappropriate relationships could influence the outcome of games," Lauro wrote.

Lauro said he withheld the names of the teams, referees and league officials because the feds may still investigate the allegations.

Theirs ur link
 9 years ago '06        #122
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
but really how credible is he? dude is trying to get a 25 year sentence reduced....
 9 years ago '06        #123
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
 El Fuerte said:
lol u see Sterns reply...dudes face is all red n sh*t, he knows he got caught EXPOSED!!!
he stuttered twice
 06-11-2008, 05:07 AM         #124
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daffysm said:
but really how credible is he? dude is trying to get a 25 year sentence reduced....
Thats exactly why hes credible... Do you know what Perjury is?

WestSide22 said:
once again watch the tape, look at bibby grabbing kobe, then come back.
Dude i watched the game... Bibby was holding him like you said? Thats a foul on Bibby.. Kobe throws a elbow in front of the ref and thats a foul on Bibby... That sounds like a technical foul on person who throws the elbow... dont be bias now.

Last edited by A.O.™; 06-11-2008 at 05:16 AM..
 06-11-2008, 05:35 AM         #125
WestSide22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:
Thats exactly why hes credible... Do you know what Perjury is?

Dude i watched the game... Bibby was holding him like you said? Thats a foul on Bibby.. Kobe throws a elbow in front of the ref and thats a foul on Bibby... That sounds like a technical foul on person who throws the elbow... dont be bias now.
an accidental elbow does not warrant a technical foul
 06-11-2008, 05:43 AM         #126
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WestSide22 said:
an accidental elbow does not warrant a technical foul
If it was accidental... but it wasnt...

You know it, i know it...

Dont try to turn a blind eye on the situation...

When we were watching that game at home, and that 4th quarter took place we said this sh*t was rigged..

6 years later... the truth comes out.

Accept it.
 06-11-2008, 06:24 AM         #127
Big Dee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
- taken from the halftime show last night

this is what you goat haters forced tim to do in his efforts to please you

also, considering jordan was the OG of benefiting from these donaghy shenanigans, i think it'd be perfectly fine if we just erased him from the history books. i nominate kobe take all but one of his mvp's and the other one go to sasha vujacic. and give the dpoy to nash. it cant possibly be any more embarrassing than jordan getting it in the first place :applause:

edit: "we"?

drop names, tim

Last edited by Big Dee; 06-11-2008 at 06:45 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #128
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
Wades Donaghys best friend
 06-11-2008, 06:31 AM         #129
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Dee said:
- taken from the halftime show last night

this is what you goat haters forced tim to do in his efforts to please you

also, considering jordan was the OG of benefiting from these donaghy shenanigans, i think it'd be perfectly fine if we just erased him from the history books. i nominate kobe take all but one of his mvp's and the other one go to sasha vujacic. and give the dpoy to nash. it cant possibly be any more embarrassing than jordan getting it in the first place :applause:

What does Jordan have to do with this, aint nobody talking about the 90's.
 06-11-2008, 06:44 AM         #130
Big Dee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:
What does Jordan have to do with this, aint nobody talking about the 90's.
tim donaghy was reffing in the 90s. he knows what time it is
 9 years ago '05        #131
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
Pistons Lost
 06-11-2008, 06:49 AM         #132
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Dee said:
tim donaghy was reffing in the 90s. he knows what time it is
Granted... that means he made mad money off Jordan... That dont mean the NBA told him to RIG Jordan games.
 9 years ago '06        #133
jj01 
space
space
$44,937 | Props total: 4619 4619
so jeff van gundy should get his 100grrrr back right?
 9 years ago '04        #134
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
This is nothing we did not already suspect or to our minds knew was going on. Certain games have been scripted like it was wwe lol. Its sad i have seen this garbage going on for while now. Im glad its coming to the light but they are still using refs from this corrupt system. I wish more people would speak up or be caught so the league can clean up this mess.
 9 years ago '06        #135
jj01 
space
space
$44,937 | Props total: 4619 4619
i dont understand how stern doesnt get run outta his position with this type of scandal that he obviously knew about. i think the league would be better from a competitive standpoint without him their having a hand in the outcome to help with revenue.
 9 years ago '05        #136
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
.......NBA needs a new commisoner ASAP!
 9 years ago '07        #137
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,624 | Props total: 5953 5953
NBA might be fixed
 9 years ago '04        #138
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
 Sincere730 said:
NBA might be fixed
WWE is more real then the NBA anymore
 9 years ago '04        #139
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,329 | Props total: 11408 11408
 slimwillie said:
have you ever watched a Jordan game? dude got every call everytime
jordan worked for his calls and they did foul jordan alot
 9 years ago '04        #140
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
NBA is definitely "rigged" you can clearly see it, because if it's not the high school basketball refs in Florida are A LOT better then these "pros"..

What's funny though, is I believe Donaghy over Stern, dude has FACTS and evidence about what's going on, and the NBA is saying "no that's not true"....bi*ch throw some facts down on the situation. I live in Miami now, so I'm a default Heat fan so I go and cheer for the hometeam, and there was no way Miami wins the trophy if that series wasn't rigged
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago