most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 Raiderking said:
CAN ANY OF YOU fu*kING READ .... The article says no teams were mentioned and yet all of you d*ck riders say its Lakers vs Kings .... Before any one starts blaming people do yourselves a favor and read the damn article instead of some idiots headline ... and please how can anyone even bring up the nets in that convo they got swept and were trash. The top 5 teams in the west that year could of beat the nets in 4.
I guess your the illiterate dumbass who needs somebody to spell sh*t out for you...

How many series went to 7 games that year? 1... Who was it the Kings vs Lakers??? What dont you get
 10 years ago '06        #42
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
WOWZERS

NBA keeps taking losses. this is disgusting.

you know, whats totally sad is the fact that the major sport that gets the LEAST ratings and love in the states, the NHL, is probably the cleanest league top to bottom. all the other 3 sports have MASSIVE problems that really taint their sports (ok nfl not so much they just have a huge thug problem). NHL is ridiculous entertainment if ppl just gave it a chance, and they dont use drugs or cheat!
 10 years ago '04        #43
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,980 | Props total: 4995 4995
why would lakers get punished? they didnt know about this..the NBA and refs did...
 10 years ago '06        #44
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2271 2271

Ex-NBA referee Tim Donaghy told the feds two refs fixed the outcome of one playoff series - and that officials were told not to eject star players from games for fear of hurting ticket sales.

The bombshell allegations are contained in a court document filed Tuesday by Donaghy's lawyer. It describes the “inner workings" of the NBA in which top league executives used referees to manipulate games.

Donaghy, who pleaded guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court to charges of betting on games he officiated, told FBI agents “league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the document said.

Donaghy claims he was told that two refs who were “company men” acting in the interest of the NBA conspired to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The referees allegedly ignored flagrant fouls committed by the team that needed to win. They also reportedly called "made-up fouls" against the other team which led to the ejection of two of their players. The team favored by the refs won that night and the next game to win the series.

The document does not name the teams. The Nets were in that playoff series, losing the championship finals to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Donaghy also claimed a supervising referee told refs that an unidentified NBA executive did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or boot them from the game.

Donaghy told feds the league reprimanded a referee who disobeyed that edict in January 2000 and ejected an unnamed star player from a game in the first quarter.

Lawyer John Lauro filed the four-page letter to Federal Judge Carol Amon because none of the information was included in the government’s letter to the judge seeking leniency for Donaghy when he is sentenced next month.

Lauro has gone to war against Brooklyn federal prosecutors for offering plea deals to Donaghy's betting accomplices that give them less time than the disgraced ref, despite his extensive cooperation.

Donaghy claims referees have accepted autographs, free merchandise and meals from team coaches and managers. He told probers one referee used a team's practice facility to exercise and another played tennis with an NBA coach.

"These activities were against NBA rules, indeed, such inappropriate relationships could influence the outcome of games," Lauro wrote.

Lauro said he withheld the names of the teams, referees and league officials because the feds may still investigate the allegations.

Last edited by modalee; 06-10-2008 at 05:43 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #45
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
I don't believe a thing donaghy says...but I don't doubt the probability
 10 years ago '06        #46
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
I really am not surprised ive had this feeling for about 8-10 years now that the NBA has been trying to fix games. Sundays fiasco confirmed it 100% for me.
 10 years ago '08        #47
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,253 | Props total: 13629 13629
Damn i thought this sh*t with Donaghy would just go away since we haven't heard much about it since last summer,this might be a long term problem for the nba and yes it's gotta be the Lakers/Kings series that was the only series that went 7 that year,i mean there's still some people who thought that series was won by the kings especially Game 6,wonder what people are gonna think with the lakers/celtics series going on now

*Wonders what david stern is doing now*
 10 years ago '04        #48
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,035 | Props total: 6096 6096
so we got calls back then...now they are giving the Celtics all the calls. it just goes in one big circle.
 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM         #49
Big Dee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not even surprised. this sh*t is a business. they'll do it every year if they have to
 06-10-2008, 06:01 PM         #50
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
I really am not surprised ive had this feeling for about 8-10 years now that the NBA has been trying to fix games. Sundays fiasco confirmed it 100% for me.
Not Game 4 in the 2008 WCF? :rolleyes:

10 years ago '06        #51
jj01 
space
space
$44,942 | Props total: 4632 4632
wouldnt be surprised if stern is workin to call a hit on donaghy sp? before any more dirty laundry gets leaked.
 06-10-2008, 06:08 PM         #52
Big Dee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
wouldnt be surprised if stern is workin to call a hit on donaghy sp? before any more dirty laundry gets leaked.
u know its coming. dude says stern even has a staff for this sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #53
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 dre03 said:
U dumbass there was nothing Stern could do about that... He made the rule and he had suspended other players for doing just as much and even les than Amare...

If he didnt suspend him he would have had a lawsuit against his a.ss from the Player's a.ssociation in less than an hour from the other players who were suspended the same way... Especially when the rules specifically say you cant leave the vicinty of the bench... What is he gone say normally i would suspend him but he is a superstar?

No dumbass that was all in the news there was no way of not suspending Amare
shut your stupid a.ss up because if your dumb a.ss remembered everyone wanted him to fu*king ignore the rule thats what i said. Do you suffer from mental lapses can you remember a year ago

get your head out of your a.ss and read what i said again. This is funny because all the band wagon kings fans are resurfacing after that soft a.ss team blew the series

e thuggin a.ss mother fu*ker
 06-10-2008, 06:09 PM         #54
Big Dee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Donaghy also said refs broke league rules by routinely fraternizing with players, coaches and team management and that the resulting inappropriate relationships may have influenced the outcomes of games. He claims one general manager in 2004 made a game-day phone call to referees to encourage them to call more personal fouls against an opponent.

Donaghy claims referees have accepted autographs, merchandise and meals from team representatives, according to the Daily News. He said one official used a team's facility to exercise and another played tennis with an NBA coach.

there's an article with more information. @ teams being in on it too

Last edited by Big Dee; 06-10-2008 at 06:11 PM..
 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM         #55
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
he about to be
 10 years ago '06        #56
jj01 
space
space
with all this extra help its almost embarrassing the lakers only won 3 ships:thumbsdow
 10 years ago '04        #57
cledee23 
space
space
$853 | Props total: 4 4
until u give me names, and have sources, i don't care about any of this. Yeah i'm sure the Nets could have beaten the Lakers, if Kobe and Shaq didn't play, and the Kings lost because they lost, one or 2 calls don't influence a game. U gotta suck it up, and play basketball and execute ur game, put the ball in the basket.
 10 years ago '06        #58
jj01 
space
space
 demon9991 said:
he about to be

yup i would bet money stern is in panic mode right about now
 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM         #59
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is disgusting

the lakers fans on here are quiet as fu*k aint they?
 10 years ago '06        #60
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 demon9991 said:
Not Game 4 in the 2008 WCF? :rolleyes:

bullsh*t in game 4 the lakers had all the calls except that last play go agianst them just check how many FTs our team got and how many Kobe got.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago