More ODB Info

most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
105 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
199 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
368 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #81
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,032 | Props total: 0 0
 DBlockinemOut said:
sheeeeeeiit how many of them jumped on stage at the grammy's for hip-hop??

u ignorant fu*ker, ODB didnt jump on stage "FOR HIP HOP" that mother fu*ker jump on stage for selfish reason. It would have been different if the bum went up there and said something coherent or better yet something positive to shed light on hip hop, but being the ignorant bastard that he was he jump on stage and the first thing that comes out of his mouth is . . . .

"I paid a lot of money for this outfit" . . . yada yada yada Puffy nice but wu-tang for the kids. Honestly pimp how many mother fu*kers watching the grammy's new who the fu*k he or wu tang clan was. If you want to say someone stood up to the grammys so that hip hop could get more respect (even though I aint a big fan) you need to respect Jay-z for Boycotting their a.sses until they started airing the rap awards live on TV.
 11-14-2004, 08:05 AM         #82
been_grimm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P. Dirt Dog--Go and make a place for us, Bro.
 12 years ago '04        #83
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 MegaTON said:
LL Cool J *cough* sellout *cough*
Afrika Bambada < cant even spell his name
Nas (album wise-not that great)
Outkast (POP!)
Jay-Z (POP!)
EPMD (how many albums was that?)
NWA (sellouts/commercial/slaves)
Big (had 1 actual album)
Pac (fake)
LL Cool J: A sellout only because he;s sold millions is a father to his kids a raps about sh*t on a mature level. Now wu-tang on the other hands goes to beverly hills rents million dollar mansions records garabe albums but still claim they hood.

Bambada: Because I cant spell his name he aint a legend?

Nas: His worst album is better than anything that bum ODB is ever released. If ODB is a legend than Nas must be JESUS.

Outkast: Learn the difference between pop and creative

Jay-z: Maybe pop, but name another n*gga who can walk the line between street and commercial rap with more precision

NWA: Sellouts: Do explain (If it wasnt for NWA 1/2 the so called thugs you idolize now would be working at Wendy's)
Commerical: Please give me your definition of commericial, cause l ast time I checked, fu*k the Police wasnt getting radio play
Slaves: Name me 1 rapper who aint

Big: Ready to Die + Life After death = 2
Pac: Sure as hell was, but are u telling me ODB was a better artist?

-----
I swear boxden must be home to the dumbest mother fu*kers walking earth
 11-14-2004, 08:15 AM         #84
kinnely 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R*i*p Odb We Gon Miss Ya Wu Tang 4ever
 11-14-2004, 09:02 AM         #85
BURN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shimmy shimmy ya was a classic imo odb is a legend now.. r.i.p.
 11-14-2004, 09:29 AM         #86
[Dizzy] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 exxxplicit said:
First and foremost, I must say god bless the dead. Now, on to what I have to say. . .

You cats throw around the words classic, icon, legend etc. a little to freely. There is no way in hell dirty should be considered a legend. Tell me one that dirty changed about hip hop, better yet tell me one thing that kids 10 years from now will be saying about the signifigance of his music. Its sad, but dirty will be remember more for having 10 kids (or how many ever that he has) and going on MTV bragging about being on welfare then ending up in jail. Honestly, how many people do u hear talking about Brooklyn Zoo? Shame on a n*gga, etc. when in discussion about great music?
U dumb fu*k! Obviously u aint never copped a Wu album! ODB brought character and personality to rap music like NOBODY else brought, now every group got they lil bullsh*t 'wildchild' in the group (Young Buck to G-Unit, Freeky Zeeky to Dipset)

ODB wont go down as a great lyricist, he wasnt trying to be one. Dude was just funny and raw. Wu-Tang wasnt the same without him while he was locked down, what they gonna b like now when he's gone?

Dude might be more known for his antics but the muthafu*ka tore it up on the booth and the stage.....

you just keep bumpin that Chingy album and shut the fu*k up!

RIP ODB

Peace to all the TRUE wu-heads who been rockin with Wu thru thick n thin
 12 years ago '04        #87
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,079 | Props total: 234 234
 exxxplicit said:
u ignorant fu*ker, ODB didnt jump on stage "FOR HIP HOP" that mother fu*ker jump on stage for selfish reason. It would have been different if the bum went up there and said something coherent or better yet something positive to shed light on hip hop, but being the ignorant bastard that he was he jump on stage and the first thing that comes out of his mouth is . . . .

"I paid a lot of money for this outfit" . . . yada yada yada Puffy nice but wu-tang for the kids. Honestly pimp how many mother fu*kers watching the grammy's new who the fu*k he or wu tang clan was. If you want to say someone stood up to the grammys so that hip hop could get more respect (even though I aint a big fan) you need to respect Jay-z for Boycotting their a.sses until they started airing the rap awards live on TV.
it wasnt jayz u dumbfu*k jay came out in 9-6 they were boycottin em in the early 90s it was public enemy/salt n pepa/fresh prince and others jay z was dancin around in jaz videos
 12 years ago '04        #88
HEATrocz 
space
space
$1,080 | Props total: 0 0
CORRECTION Jay DID boycott them, he didnt go even though we won for Vol.2...hard knock life because they refuse to show the awards being recieved on TV cause hip hop was at one of its peaks (especially when def jam was running sh*t once again in the jay, ja, and X era or 98,99 or so) he wasnt talking about 96-97 yes they were boycotting but it was 5 or 6years later and hip hop was still gettin sh*tted on by the grammy's and why is dude still arguing his point??? let that sh*t go B i understand why theyre people calling him a legend and i understand why you dont think so but you have to understand that MUSIC TOUCHES PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT WAYS!!!!!!!
i actually thought ODB was ill cause he didnt give a fu*k and he was raw
 12 years ago '04        #89
don_singh2k 
space
space
$511 | Props total: 0 0
Rip Odb
 11-14-2004, 12:55 PM         #90
JunkyMan1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rest in peace russell jones (salutes)

grew up on odb and the rest of the wu, god bless the dead...... 2004 is a fcuked up year
 12 years ago '04        #91
The Rzarector 
space
space
$3,974 | Props total: 0 0
What made ODB an hip hop icon??!!

He was the most grimiest, craziest motherfu*ker in hip hop EVER!!!

Take all the crazy and grimy sh*t out of Eminem Lil Jon Redman Busta Redman etc. put it all together and you got ODB.
He was the first to do it THAT crazy, he influenced a lot of rappers in that way I think.

And he CAN rhyme ...

... he allways sounded fu*ked up cause he always was fu*ked, and he mostly talked about being fu*ked up. So that makes sense right.

And if you still not convinced ...

Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version

CLASSIC!!!
 11-14-2004, 01:34 PM         #92
D.M.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How can you people say he wasn't significant in Rap, man WILL remain and always WAS a legend
 12 years ago '04        #93
Twizted Bone 
space
space
$8,802 | Props total: 0 0
Despit the fact that he was on less than 50% of the wu tang songs, he was still important to the group cause in live performances, he brought so much energy to the stage. He wasnt about being like all the other rappers, he wanted to be seen as an individual and with thoes crazy verses, along to his style and delivery, he did just that.

~R.I.P. Dirty :( ~

And if u actually listened to any wu cds (its obvious that u havent), not only did they have classic songs and verses but they dropped a great deal of knowledge (jus as pac used to) and were highly creative with their sh*t. Regarless of wether or not those magazines u read consider the w or wu tang forever as classics, does not take away from the fact that the wu is and always will be a legendary crew

***oh and one of the illest also***
 11-14-2004, 02:19 PM         #94
MCushing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know, this post is for paying respect to Ol Dirty, so that's what I'm going to do.

I remember vividly when Enter the 36 Chambers came out. I'm from Ottawa, Ontario... a spot that probably isn't very well known for having a huge hiphop fanbase... but that album man... Just about everybody had that... It didn't matter what type of music you were into at that time, EVERYBODY had Enter the 36 Chambers. People were fiending for this album even before the release date (with no commercial song bumping in this area at the time) and I had to wait in line for about an hour on the release date to get that album. So that, in my opinion, makes it a classic album.

The members out of Wu that got the most respect here from that album were either Method Man or Old Dirty... So that in my opinion already made Old Dirty a Legend at that point in his career.

Then "Return to the 36 Chambers" dropped and that was also just a classic. Once again, even the hippies around here had that album. Man, I think I honestly have just about every word to every song on that album still memorized. So once again, that was, in my opinion, a classic album.

Then n*gga Please came out... while it remained one of the most underrated albums of all time (in my opinion) it was also truly incredible for the type of music that was being released around that time. There was nothing else even remotely like it. While this album didn't have the best beats or lyrics, it had a Hell of a lot of humour which was BADLY needed in hiphop around this time.

So in my mind, ODB was a Legend.... no doubt about it.

Sure ODB made a lot of mistakes... but who here has led a perfect life? Through all of the drama that ODB went through though, he always had the ability to pop up at the most unexpected times and have me laughing my a.ss off. Man, I could be depressed as Hell and pop in one of ODB's albums and by the end of it I would be laughing my a.ss off.

So what did ODB contribute to hiphop to make him a Legend? Humour.... and that's probably the biggest thing that I'm going to miss from the guy.

RIP Ol Dirty.... you died way too young and you'll truly be missed.
 12 years ago '04        #95
West 
space
space
$1,212 | Props total: 0 0
^^great post, RIP dirty, will all miss u,
 11-14-2004, 03:06 PM         #96
cableguy0469 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
any one see the connection: his 36 bday was in afew days he died in 36 records studio or some sh*t and there first cd was 36 chambers.... prolly more sh*t like that too
 11-14-2004, 03:10 PM         #97
Kentuckyguy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.i.p. Odb
 12 years ago '04        #98
The Rzarector 
space
space
$3,974 | Props total: 0 0
 cableguy0469 said:
any one see the connection: his 36 bday was in afew days he died in 36 records studio or some sh*t and there first cd was 36 chambers.... prolly more sh*t like that too
Funny sh*t ...

... his first solo was Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version.

R.I.P

Russel Jones a.k.a Ol' Dirty Bastard a.k.a Dirt McGirt
 12 years ago '04        #99
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 [Dizzy] said:
U dumb fu*k! Obviously u aint never copped a Wu album! ODB brought character and personality to rap music like NOBODY else brought, now every group got they lil bullsh*t 'wildchild' in the group (Young Buck to G-Unit, Freeky Zeeky to Dipset)

ODB wont go down as a great lyricist, he wasnt trying to be one. Dude was just funny and raw. Wu-Tang wasnt the same without him while he was locked down, what they gonna b like now when he's gone?

Dude might be more known for his antics but the muthafu*ka tore it up on the booth and the stage.....

you just keep bumpin that Chingy album and shut the fu*k up!

RIP ODB

Peace to all the TRUE wu-heads who been rockin with Wu thru thick n thin

Son stop showing your age and stop talking out of your a.ss every post yall make refers back to some bullsh*t d12, chingy, nelly, ja rule reference. You need to learn the many definitions of the word character. ODB did bring character to the group the mother fu*ker was a character (Theres a difference in nouns and adjectives u dummy). And if you were more than 15 or 16 years yall would know the sh*t that ODB did on stage was nothing more new. Young Buck and Freeky Zeeky arent wild childs, hell all ODB did was took what Flava Flav and Biz Markie was doing years before him to another level. So once again answer the question what did this bum bring to the game, and please dont come back saying he was raw, because that still doesnt answer the question.
 12 years ago '04        #100
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 MegaTON said:
it wasnt jayz u dumbfu*k jay came out in 9-6 they were boycottin em in the early 90s it was public enemy/salt n pepa/fresh prince and others jay z was dancin around in jaz videos

U show your inability to read with comprehension each and every post. I think its common knowledge that rappers started first boycotting grammys in the early 90's. however how much attention did it draw. It was pretty much so what a few rappers didnt show up to the grammys in the early 90's. Although I definitely admire their stance, due to the fact that rap wasnt as big in the early 90;s as it was in the middle to late 90's when DMX and Jay started selling 5 million records, their absense had less of an impact. Now since the AMA's air tonight from a business standpoint, do you think it would have a bigger impact if Usher and Kanye West boycotted or if Memphis Bleek and Crime Mob boycotted.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
102 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
33 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
67 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
139 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
58 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy