More ODB Info

most viewed right now
Well Damn looks like Meek & DreamChasers wont be coming out the west anytime s..
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
95 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Philly TOP GOON Ar-AB takes shot @ MEEK while making SALUTE 2 GAME !
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
47 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-13-2004, 06:39 PM         #1
5767 pageviews
140 comments

DJ Disciple 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
More ODB Info

ok my friend was in the studio with him today i just got a call and he said that ol dirty just got done recording a track he was listining to it and it was all finished when he collapsed. he was pernounced dead before they got to the hospital.

He was talking about chest pains earlier that day according to mtv.com but he wasnt going on that much bout it he just said he had sumptin like heart burn.

Ill post up whenever i get more info

Last edited by DJ Disciple; 11-13-2004 at 06:40 PM..

140 comments for "More ODB Info"

12 years ago '04        #2
8 OFF 
space
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 0 0
A statement was released Saturday evening by ODB's mother, Cherry Jones. "This evening I received a phone call that is every mother's worst dream," she said. "My son, Russell Jones, passed away. To the public, he was known as Ol' Dirty Bastard. To me, he was known as Rusty, the kindest and most generous soul on earth. I appreciate all the support I received. Russell was more than a rapper ó he was a loving father, brother, uncle and most of all, son. With love, Cherry Jones.
 12 years ago '04        #3
trinking726 
space
space
$865 | Props total: 0 0
this is horrible..i feel sick..man i was lookin foward to his album and the new wu album..man we were deprived of a great personality and a great hip hop legend
 12 years ago '04        #4
purplepimpsta 
space
space
$466 | Props total: 3 3
yeah it couldnt be any sadder...............R.I.P.
 11-13-2004, 06:48 PM         #5
DJ Disciple 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There still gon have tha album come out he was finishin it up
 12 years ago '04        #6
trinking726 
space
space
^^ its not the same...please if you have connections please do not let rocafella do anything to fu*k his album up..dont let them put old lyrics over new beats or anything like that please man..dont let them ruin his legacy
 11-13-2004, 06:52 PM         #7
ronb1412004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rip odb wu wont be the same though capadonna might feel like less of an outsider now that he can actually be a proper wu member
 12 years ago '04        #8
The Rzarector 
space
space
$3,974 | Props total: 0 0
I'm a great Wu fan ...

.. so this sh*t hit me hard man.

Was anticipating his Roc-A-Fella debut, should be hott.

Don't know what to say ...
 12 years ago '04        #9
trinking726 
space
space
cap wont be a proper wu member...nobody can take odb's spot...no way in hell..just his presence is enough to hold his spot in the clan
 12 years ago '04        #10
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,032 | Props total: 0 0
 trinking726 said:
this is horrible..i feel sick..man i was lookin foward to his album and the new wu album..man we were deprived of a great personality and a great hip hop legend

First and foremost, I must say god bless the dead. Now, on to what I have to say. . .

You cats throw around the words classic, icon, legend etc. a little to freely. There is no way in hell dirty should be considered a legend. Tell me one that dirty changed about hip hop, better yet tell me one thing that kids 10 years from now will be saying about the signifigance of his music. Its sad, but dirty will be remember more for having 10 kids (or how many ever that he has) and going on MTV bragging about being on welfare then ending up in jail. Honestly, how many people do u hear talking about Brooklyn Zoo? Shame on a n*gga, etc. when in discussion about great music?
 12 years ago '04        #11
phase_7 
space
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 201 201
we have lost ANOTHER legend, R.I.P. ODB.
 12 years ago '04        #12
phase_7 
space
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 201 201
 exxxplicit said:
First and foremost, I must say god bless the dead. Now, on to what I have to say. . .

You cats throw around the words classic, icon, legend etc. a little to freely. There is no way in hell dirty should be considered a legend. Tell me one that dirty changed about hip hop, better yet tell me one thing that kids 10 years from now will be saying about the signifigance of his music. Its sad, but dirty will be remember more for having 10 kids (or how many ever that he has) and going on MTV bragging about being on welfare then ending up in jail. Honestly, how many people do u hear talking about Brooklyn Zoo? Shame on a n*gga, etc. when in discussion about great music?
PS. you're a herb.
 11-13-2004, 06:59 PM         #13
ronb1412004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ye well u know wat i mean he can be one of the nine instead of and also featurin. but na he wont make up for odbs absence i wonder if wu will get any of his verses for there next album
 11-13-2004, 07:00 PM         #14
d12xxx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
crazy man, blows
 12 years ago '04        #15
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 phase_7 said:
PS. you're a herb.

mother fu*ker the word herb played out round about the time Wu-Tang mas making quality music . . . . Hmmm, so lets see you're about 10 years out of date tough guy
 11-13-2004, 07:01 PM         #16
Why Not? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 exxxplicit said:

u cant front on his Legacy

he was a member of one of the greatest...if not THE greatest group in hip hop history...he had some success as a solo artist...his first solo joint is a classic in a lot of ppls opinions...Brooklyn Zoo? Shame On A n*gga? IMO and in ne real hip hop heads opinion those r 2 classic tracks...u cant even front on that...and ODB always stayed grimey...kept his style...and it aint like he aint popular...ask ne white kid who dont even know about rap...and theyll know who ODB is...true story...he was 1 of the most crazy, big figures in hip hop
 12 years ago '04        #17
trinking726 
space
space
 exxxplicit said:

well the people that know real hip hop will be talkin bout him..the rest will be talkin bout dipset, camron, 50 cent and the rest of the mainstream rappers.. i believe that now that he has passed away he will be more recognized as a hip hop legend...happened to biggie and 2pac and big l and big pun..see what im sayin...people are recognized more in death then in life
 11-13-2004, 07:06 PM         #18
DJ Disciple 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trinking726 said:
^^ its not the same...please if you have connections please do not let rocafella do anything to fu*k his album up..dont let them put old lyrics over new beats or anything like that please man..dont let them ruin his legacy

Ima do what i can i got connects through sum peoplez so ill try in do as much as i can.
 12 years ago '04        #19
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
Get the fu*k Outta here. Wu-Tang one of the greatest groups of all time? Get the fu*k outta here. Wu had one classic album, so how the hell you gonna say they one of the greatest groups of all time? They have what 4 group albums and one classic album, come on dude thats like saying a baseball player with a .250 batting average is one of the best hitters to ever play the game if he lucks up and have a career year by batting .300 Stop d!ck riding and admit that Wu aint did sh*t worthy of classic status since enter the 36
 11-13-2004, 07:10 PM         #20
DJ Disciple 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Peoplez need to stop f!ghtin bout weather he was a legend (which he was and allways will be) and pay tha man respect.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she wanna play ball
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
384 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
36 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
171 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fūck a hooters!
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
47 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Lloyd Banks - All Or Nothing 2: Live It Up Tracklist (Ft. Joe Budden, V..
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
62 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy