Jun 2 - 30 Upcoming Movie Sequels You Didn't Know About

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
250 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-02-2008, 11:47 AM         #1
5647 pageviews
69 comments

mjh=escobar 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jun 2 - 30 Upcoming Movie Sequels You Didn't Know About

We've spent days of our lives scouring the world for news of sequels that you may not have heard of. And here are 30 films in various states of production...

The domination of sequels in the big summer and winter schedules continues, and if the following - in particular order - is anything to go by, it's going to carry on for many years to come...

The Brazilian Job: the follow up to Paramountís US remake of The Italian Job is still on the cards, and itís got a 2009 release date marked. Jason Statham, Mos Def, Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron are attached, as is director F Gary Gray.

I, Robot 2: All we know on this one is that itís in the scripting stages still, with a potential 2010 release date planned in. No news on Mr Smith's involvement.

I Am Legend 2: Warnerís huge Christmas 2007 hit could also have a follow up, although itíd be interesting to see if Will Smith returned to it. A 2010 release date is also being mooted for this one.

Beverly Hills Cop 4: If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why canít Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, itís not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.

National Treasure 3: Not a huge surprise, but as the Nic Cage Indiana Jones knock off franchise has proved to be quite a juggernaut, youíll only have to wait until 2011 for the third film in the series.

Cars 2: We spotted this on AintItCool Ė is Pixar really looking to make a sequel to its weakest film? Apparently soÖ

Toy Story 3: This one, after lots of umming and ahhing, appears to be a goer. It wonít, as was speculated, be a straight-to-DVD affair, and Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are both expected back on voicing duties. Itíll be out in 2010.

Jeepers Creepers 3: MGM is running the rule over a potential third instalment in the horror franchise, with director Victor Salva still attached. Hmmm.

Shrek 5: The fourth film was a no-brainer after the tepid third outing made so much cash. But a fifth installment has also been confirmed. No wonder Shrek is the same colour as an American dollarÖ

Night at the Museum 2: Ben Stiller is returning for his most commercially successful role outside of the Meet the Parents franchise. We can wait. No news on the proposed Meet The Little Focker, though.

Crank 2: High Voltage: This is more like it. Crank is a guilty pleasure right up there with Snakes on a Plane, and itís coming back for more. Shooting starts next month, for a 2009 release, and Jason Statham returns as Chev Chelios. As he should.

Transporter 3: Statham again. Heís making this too, and itís in pre-production. Presumably, heíll go from Crank 2 straight onto this.

Super Troopers 2: A sequel nobody asked for! Hurray! Expect it in 2010, as itís in the early writing stages still, we believe.

Silent Hill 2: Sony is looking at a follow up to the crap-but-popular video game adaptation. 2010 is the current slated release date.

The Descent 2: We understand that Neil Marshall wonít be directed this one, which has the, er, working title of The De2cent. Heís attached as Executive Producer, with Jon Harris stepping behind the camera (he edited the first film, as well as the more recent Stardust).

The Grudge 3: Yup, itís in pre-production now, for release next year. Thatíll likely be the scariest thing about it.

Ice Age 3: 1st July 2009. Thatís the date youíll need to avoid if you want to miss the next Ice Age movie. Hopefully itíll be better than the second oneÖ

Ghost Rider 2: A surprise hit last year, Marvel is developing a follow-up to the Nic Cage comic book flick, and tentatively has 2009 marked for release. No director is thus far attached.

The Untouchables: Capone Rising: A prequel to Brian De Palmaís cracking prohibition thriller of, er, twenty years ago. De Palma is back behind the camera, and the project is in the pre-production stages now.

The Thomas Crown Affair 2: Weird, this. Itís taken them ages to do a sequel, and then they draft in Paul Verhoeven to direct a follow-up to someone elseís film. Pierce Brosnan returns, and filming starts shortly.

The People Under The Stairs 2: No sign of any Wes Craven involvement, though, and release may even be this year. Hmmm. We'd wager DVD will be its home.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Er, thatís what theyíve called The Mummy 3, which is out on 1st August. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li star.

Punisher: War Zone: Ray Stevenson becomes the third person to play The Punisher on screen. Youíll be able to find out how he did on 12th September this year.

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder: Casper Van Diem is back, but itís still going straight to DVD, as the piss-awful second film did. Itís due out later this year.

Pink Panther 2: Oh dear. And Iím a Steve Martin fan. Itís out on 13th February 2009.

Ace Ventura 3: No Jim Carrey though, and no chance of it seeing the inside of a cinema. Head to Blockbuster later in the year if you want to catch it.

War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave: Another straight to DVD sequel, but this oneís of note because itís directed by Soul Man/Hitcher star C Thomas Howell. Blimey.

Jurassic Park 4: Itís taken them ages to sort this out, but the latest is that Laura Dern is still attached, and that itíll be released in 2009. Donít hold your breath though, as shooting would need to start really very soon...

Scary Movie 5/Saw 5: You could have guessed at these if you didnít know about them already. Both should see the light before the end of the year. Sadly.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.freerepublic.c .. /1996136/posts

69 comments for "Jun 2 - 30 Upcoming Movie Sequels You Didn't Know About"

06-02-2008, 11:50 AM         #2
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ace Ventura 3: No Jim Carrey though, and no chance of it seeing the inside of a cinema. Head to Blockbuster later in the year if you want to catch it.

10 years ago '07        #3
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,845 | Props total: 2532 2532
thats crazy, I got a link to the War of the Worlds 2 movie, haha...I'll post the link up on the movie section I guess if anybody wants to see it
 10 years ago '04        #4
twizzytwo22 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,725 | Props total: 484 484
I would like to see the following be made

Super Troopers 2, hope it would live up but know it wouldnt

Juarrasic Park 4, wouldnt expect much from it though

basically sequels suck

is this site credible though?
 10 years ago '04        #5
TNWTMP 
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 13 13
wow at some of these sequals
 10 years ago '08        #6
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
Super Troopers is the best movie from the list. Im anticipating part 2.
 10 years ago '08        #7
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
@ scary movie 5.... why are pple still watchin that sh*t?
 10 years ago '07        #8
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
most of that sh*t is wack except for Toy Story 3 and The Mummy
 10 years ago '04        #9
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Some of those are no brainers, and some I just won't believe until it happens.
 10 years ago '07        #10
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,202 | Props total: 15050 15050
I knew about most of those, except for The Untouchables and Punisher

how you gonna make a Ace Ventura without Jim though?
 06-02-2008, 12:35 PM         #11
N Nyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ice age 3 yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
 10 years ago '04        #12
twizzytwo22 7 heat pts
space
space
 N Nyce said:
ice age 3 yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
haha ice age 1 was real good for a kids movie

anybody hear they are making a k!ll Bill 3 in somethin like 10 years? Its guna be about uma thurmans and vivica's kids in the movie, I guess they already filmed shots for the begining of the movie, quentins a weird dude

EDIT: i missed toy story 3 on the list, hell yea
 10 years ago '04        #13
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
lol @ jeepers creepers 3... worst sh*t ever
 10 years ago '04        #14
greggmb18 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$537 | Props total: 381 381
Toy Story 3
The Brazilian Job
Super Troopers 2

and thats it. The rest are either going straight to DVD or are going to be at the box office for a weekend and thats it.
 10 years ago '04        #15
twizzytwo22 7 heat pts
space
space
 Gmitch528 said:
lol @ jeepers creepers 3... worst sh*t ever
co sign! I couldnt be bothered to watch the first all the way through and I was trippin on shrooms for christ sakes
 10 years ago '04        #16
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,559 | Props total: 5222 5222
yea super troopers was the sh*t cant wait for the 2nd one. bi*chesss
 10 years ago '05        #17
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
I Wouldn't Mind Seeing Bob Cutlas In Another Cameo On Cars2
 10 years ago '06        #18
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,878 | Props total: 14752 14752
Really looking forward to Jurassic Park 4, Toy Story 3, Crank 2, and The Mummy 3.
 06-02-2008, 01:14 PM         #19
Styl3s  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 twizzytwo22 said:
I would like to see the following be made

Super Troopers 2, hope it would live up but know it wouldnt

Juarrasic Park 4, wouldnt expect much from it though

basically sequels suck

is this site credible though?
not all sequels suck.. TMNT 2, terminator 2, infernal affairs 2, election 2, my wife the gangster 2, a better tomorrow 2, once upon a time in china 2, aliens, rocky 2, superman 2, evil dead 2, spiderman 2, xmen 2, godfather 2 etc
 10 years ago '04        #20
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
 KeepinItTrill said:
I knew about most of those, except for The Untouchables and Punisher

how you gonna make a Ace Ventura without Jim though?
Same way they made a mask and dumb and dumber sequel without him.. lol already know it will suck
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago