Boston destroyed the Lakers twice this season...

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #161
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 JeeQ said:
Weren't both those wins before Gasol joined the team?
yes they were.
 10 years ago '04        #162
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 541 541
 Dope Bai said:
That goes for Boston fans too d*ckhead...
Don't make beat you, like my Giants did your gaytriots...
I wonder if Doc's got cameras over on their bench, filming other teams plays...
gettin' worked up over that comment over the internet=your a lame

10 years ago '04        #163
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 J.R. Hyphy said:
You mean that game after Kobe dislocated his finger and only had 11 points? OKAY. Two weeks later we beat that team by 30+ thanks.

Actually we split the series w/ Detroit . Nice one though.

The Cavs w/o Gasol :applause:

I'm willing to bet in a seven game series we wouldn't go 7 games with any of those teams...maybe Detroit. To compare 1 or 2 games to a 7 game series is just stupidity. Try again.
I was thinking that same thing about the dislocated finger homie only the next game he dropped 36, 10 and 6 against the Magic... So dont toss that finger sh*t at me obviously it was not that much of a factor...

Cavs w/o Gasol???? U had Bynum the first game and still lost... All u muthafu*kin Laker fans are so hyped about how good the Lakers were when he was playing... And you tellin me the almighty Kobe Bryant needs Pau Gasol to beat Lebron James Cavs who obviously suck because it was pitiful that it took the celtics 7 games to beat them right???

U tellin me a Bynum, Odom, Bryant, Fisher, Radmanovic team cant beat Lebron, Ilgauskas, Gooden, Gibson and Pavlovic... Really? So Lebron's supporting cast is good now and better than the Lakers with Bynum is what your saying now??? Funny

Really comparing 1 or 2 games is stupid so is 3 enough to prove a point? Because series use to be decided in 3 games in the first round smart a.ss... So yeah i guess two games dont make a difference
 10 years ago '04        #164
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 kraYz13 said:
yes they were.
But you did have Andrew Bynum... I guess he is garbage now... When the Lakers lost Bynum it was supposed to be the end of the world because he was playing so well but it is funny how you discredit your losses with Bynum now with Gasol wasnt there...

A loss is a loss... When The Cavs overall record fell 5 games short of 50 wins and ppl discredited Lebron in the MVP race because of his lack of wins nobody seemed to care that he missed 7 games in his team went 0-7... That doesnt matter a loss is a loss... With Lebron playing they were 45-30 but nobody brings that up because like i said a loss is a loss take it with pride and stop making fu*kin excuses

I hate the fact you sad a.ss laker fans discredit other ppl wins when they beat you at full strength before Gasol was there... You are basically admitting that Gasol is the MVP of that team not Kobe

Last edited by dre03; 06-02-2008 at 07:32 PM..
 06-02-2008, 08:48 PM         #165
RonMexicoQB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
/\/\/\/\/\It isn't an excuse its a fact. While Bynum was playing very good before he got injured he still isn't the offensive threat Gasol is. With Gasol the lakers have a guy who can consistently create his own shot no matter what type of defense you put on him, something bynum can't really do yet, plus pass exceptionally well for a big. just look it up the lakers offensive stats went up when Gasol got there.

And no Gasol isn't the MVP of the lakers just because there better with him. hes just a better skilled and more polished big man then bynum and makes the offense more potent. Its a team game and when the lakers stole a guy that can get 18 and 8 every night it makes the team that much better.

And who cares if the celts beat them twice this year, didn't the cavs beat the spurs last year.

Also I seem to remember that with Kobes bad hand that first game(the hawks ) he said the way they wrapped it was uncomfortable for him to shoot and the next game they wrapped it different and he had a great game
 10 years ago '04        #166
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
 dre03 said:
I was thinking that same thing about the dislocated finger homie only the next game he dropped 36, 10 and 6 against the Magic... So dont toss that finger sh*t at me obviously it was not that much of a factor...

Cavs w/o Gasol???? U had Bynum the first game and still lost... All u muthafu*kin Laker fans are so hyped about how good the Lakers were when he was playing... And you tellin me the almighty Kobe Bryant needs Pau Gasol to beat Lebron James Cavs who obviously suck because it was pitiful that it took the celtics 7 games to beat them right???

U tellin me a Bynum, Odom, Bryant, Fisher, Radmanovic team cant beat Lebron, Ilgauskas, Gooden, Gibson and Pavlovic... Really? So Lebron's supporting cast is good now and better than the Lakers with Bynum is what your saying now??? Funny

Really comparing 1 or 2 games is stupid so is 3 enough to prove a point? Because series use to be decided in 3 games in the first round smart a.ss... So yeah i guess two games dont make a difference
 dre03 said:
But you did have Andrew Bynum... I guess he is garbage now... When the Lakers lost Bynum it was supposed to be the end of the world because he was playing so well but it is funny how you discredit your losses with Bynum now with Gasol wasnt there...

A loss is a loss... When The Cavs overall record fell 5 games short of 50 wins and ppl discredited Lebron in the MVP race because of his lack of wins nobody seemed to care that he missed 7 games in his team went 0-7... That doesnt matter a loss is a loss... With Lebron playing they were 45-30 but nobody brings that up because like i said a loss is a loss take it with pride and stop making fu*kin excuses

I hate the fact you sad a.ss laker fans discredit other ppl wins when they beat you at full strength before Gasol was there... You are basically admitting that Gasol is the MVP of that team not Kobe

[pic - click to view]

06-02-2008, 09:10 PM         #167
Sikmade  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Wait the same Hawk team that handed Gasol and the Lakers their first lost since the trade and only lost in 14 games? Didnt Joe Johnson score like 28 points against Kobe and i believe Kobe barely had double figures

Or the no help Cavaliers team who beat the Lakers both times this season once with Andrew Bynum still playing??

Or the Detroit Pistons who also beat the Lakers twice this season as well?

Whats your point? Im willing to bet if the Lakers were in the Eastern Conference they may have lost already seeing how they had a better record against the West playoff teams than the East playoff teams...

The NBA is about matchups dumbass... The worst team in the league may cause the best team in the league problems because of matchups... Its not about who is good and who isnt it is how you matchup with other teams...
Dumbass we are talking about playoffs, Regular season games dont me sqwat in the playoffs, Lakers lost to the Grizzles also what does that mean? you mean to tell me the Celtic's look the same as they did in regular season? You got p-owned by cali soul's post anyways.
 10 years ago '05        #168
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
 dre03 said:
you sir....are a fu*kin idiot.

lakers have a .850 winning percentage with gasol.

lakers have a .685 winning percentage with bynum.

what does that say? it says the lakers w/ bynum were a VERY GOOD team...and the lakers w/ gasol are an ELITE team....

so no....by that we are basically admitting that gasol is a better player than andrew bynum.

you dumbass f*g**ts have the worst arguments ever.
 10 years ago '08        #169
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,648 | Props total: 2168 2168
 BO$$ Playa said:
you sir....are a fu*kin idiot.

lakers have a .850 winning percentage with gasol.

lakers have a .685 winning percentage with bynum.

what does that say? it says the lakers w/ bynum were a VERY GOOD team...and the lakers w/ gasol are an ELITE team....

so no....by that we are basically admitting that gasol is a better player than andrew bynum.

you dumbass f*g**ts have the worst arguments ever.
That sh* there basically closes the thread don`t it?
 06-04-2008, 05:59 AM         #170
1angrypinoy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1angrypinoy said:
Starting line up matchups will be Gasol-Perkins, Odom-Garnett, Fisher-Rondo, Radmanovic-Pierce, Bryant-Allen. Perkins will have trouble shooting over Gasol just like Utah's Boozer. Lakers will concede points to Garnett and Pierce but make them work for it and force other Celtics to make plays. The wild-card out of the Lakers starters is Radmanovic. If Rad gets a good start hitting jumpers, Pierce won't be able to sag off to help out Perkins or Garnett on defense. Rondo won't do sh!t against Fisher 'cause Fisher has seen it all in Iverson, Deron Williams and Tony Parker. Allen hasn't done anything in the playoffs an he won't with Bryant defending him. Bryant will sh!t on Allen when Lakers are on offense. Expect to see Bryant to get double teamed a lot. Bryant will be ready for it just as in the Utah series. The ball will be swung around in the triangle where Fisher and Vujacic shot the lights out on 3s.

Lakers bench >>>>>Celtics bench. All the Lakers bench needs to do is keep the score close even when Garnett, Pierce and Allen are on the floor at the same time. When most of the Lakers starters come back at around the 8:00-9:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter, Garnett/Pierce/Allen will be too tired to make the plays on either side of the court.

Phil Jackson >>>>>>>>>"Dumbass" Rivers.
Called it b!tches :D

Lakers might not take flight without their 'space cadet'
Vladimir Radmanovic, whom Phil Jackson has called his 'favorite Martian' among other things, could be crucial to Lakers' chances in NBA Finals. He'll be guarding Celtics' Paul Pierce.
June 4, 2008

A few weeks ago, you'll remember, Phil Jackson was asked if he knew what to expect on a nightly basis from Vladimir Radmanovic.

"Absolutely not," he said.

Laugh. Pause. Sigh.

Here we are in the NBA Finals, and Absolutely Not is guarding Absolutely Money.

Absolutely Not will have to defend the Boston Celtics' most explosive scorer and relentless attacker.

Absolutely Not must stop a guy who scored 41 points in a Game 7 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Vladimir Radmanovic must defend Paul Pierce.

With Lakers championship hopes perhaps riding on it.

Funny, huh?

"I don't joke about things like that," Radmanovic said after Tuesday's practice. "People joke about things like that, I punch them."

He slammed his left fist into his right hand.

Then he smiled.

Yeah, that's him, the most unknown, unpredictable and unexplainable of Lakers starters.

You know how coaches sometimes talk about their favorite players?

Jackson once called Radmanovic his "favorite Martian."

And he's guarding Paul Pierce?

You know how coaches are always talking about the importance of spacing?

Jackson once called Radmanovic a "space cadet."

And he's guarding Paul Pierce?

The coach has publicly, if not seriously, urged his erratically gifted forward to seek professional help.

"No one has been able to do anything with [his] head for a while," Jackson said. "Something is wrong with it."

And he's guarding, well, you know.

The most delicious part of it all is that Pierce's nickname is "the Truth" and he's being guarded by a guy whose most celebrated Lakers move has been a lie.

Radmanovic, you may remember, separated his shoulder during last season's All-Star break and initially said he fell on some Park City, Utah, ice.

Later he admitted that, in fact, he had been injured while snowboarding, an activity directly forbidden in his then-new five-year, $30.2-million contract.

Because the injury essentially ended his chances of being effective for the rest of the season, the Lakers could have sent him packing, but instead fined him $500,000 and subjected him to constant harassing from Jackson.

More than a year and a bunch of playoff wins later, the 6-foot-10 shooter has become an interesting addition to the starting lineup.

Sometimes he makes brilliant three-pointers (41% during the regular season) and sometimes he doesn't (37% in the playoffs)

Sometimes he grabs the ball (17 playoff offensive rebounds) and sometimes he doesn't (17 playoff turnovers).

"My job is not to be the star, my job is to punish the other team for coming off of me and guarding someone else," he said.

And sometimes he just punishes us, like when I asked him about that snowboarding incident.

"If I didn't get hurt, I would do it again," he said.

What?

"It was beautiful up there, I was having a great time until I fell down," he said.

Oh, c'mon.

"I'm an adrenaline junkie, I always think something like that wouldn't happen to me," he said.

OK, so now that it did happen, would you do it again?

The smile left his face.

"You just asked me if I would like to go to prison," he said. "No, no, never again, I'm not doing anything while I'm an NBA player, nothing, never."

So now that he's learned his lesson, can he learn to guard Pierce?

While some in the organization are quietly worried, there's no way his teammates are going to let him guard Pierce alone. In previous Lakers playoff series, nobody received more help than Radmanovic did.

Around Denver's Carmelo Anthony, there was a crowd. Around Utah's Andrei Kirilenko, there were elbows.

And at some points in the San Antonio series, Kobe Bryant simply jumped in front of Manu Ginobili like, here, I've got this.

"It's like, when he was playing Carmelo, we all swarmed him," said Bryant. "We have to support each other. We have to have each other's backs."

Plus, in this series the Lakers will also have Trevor Ariza, who can guard Pierce easier on his own.

Radmanovic is working hard just the same, studying DVDs of Pierce's moves on his laptop computers, planning for the moment that could offer him a final Lakers vindication.

He's been toughened for this by Jackson, whose constant barbs have actually been embraced.

"As hard as he is, when he says something bad to you, he doesn't mind if you say something bad back to him," Radmanovic said. "You're able to be yourself around him, say stupid things you don't mean."

And he's been pushed toward this by a Lakers team that has not allowed him to dwell on his faults, but rather celebrate his rainbow-like, 25-foot triumphs.

"This is what basketball is about, you surprise everybody," he said. "Sometimes I even surprise myself."

Like when I told him that some people thought he was the key to the series.

"Then I'll unlock the door," he said, his eyes brightening.

Um, er, absolutely.
 10 years ago '06        #171
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
^^^ That Match up is a Joke.
 10 years ago '06        #172
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
I really doubt Ariza just "steps in", I mean its not like its the Finals or anything, and he just came back from a broken foot and hasn't played in months
 10 years ago '06        #173
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 J.R. Hyphy said:
he doesn't have to be there O wise but I doubt he can't play defense at a high enough level right now. It's good though some people take they self out the game.
I wasn't talking about Offense, even when healthy he doesn't really have offense besides being a leaper before he broke his foot. I was responding to your statement of him Guarding Ray Allen, when due to his injury and lack of playing this season i thought he'd be buried on the depth chart ala Lakers version of Tony Allen.
 06-04-2008, 12:42 PM         #174
allstarjock_04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lakers have lost 2 games both of which were away games in the playoffs. Celtics have lost more and at home. Lakers win even one in Boston they are in trouble. But either way this series is gunna be bangin. I cant wait. Lakers are my team but KG deserves a ring. So all in all Lakers win even better Celtics win thats cool.
 10 years ago '06        #175
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 J.R. Hyphy said:
radmonivic is a liabilty on Defense I wouldn't be suprised if HE was on the bench. If Ariza plays good defense on either of those two he will be getting a lot of time.
Yea Rad is a liability, but the same goes for Ariza at this point, maybe even more so than Rad. Stepping in for the first time in Months after breakin ur foot is already gonna be suspect, let alone bein thrown out on a court that says NBA FINALS on it which is totally new to him, could be overwhelming. At least Rad isn't rusty like Ariza, and is used to this years playoff atmosphere etc... Ariza will be that last man coming off the bench for you imo & coaching wise, he should be at this point and stage of his come back @ this stage of the post season.

Last edited by Soraci7; 06-04-2008 at 12:50 PM..
 10 years ago '08        #176
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
I really doubt Ariza just "steps in", I mean its not like its the Finals or anything, and he just came back from a broken foot and hasn't played in months
Phil will find a way to mold him back to form......
 10 years ago '06        #177
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 904Nole said:
Phil will find a way to work him back into mold.....
Honestly though, use your brain from a basketball standpoint and look at the situation.
 10 years ago '08        #178
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
It`s not like Shuttlesworth is slashing and dunking that b*tch anyways. He`s more of a perimeter oriented guy, i.e he plays like a white boy. We aren`t asking Vlad necessarily be a "defensive stopper", Phil just wants him to at least stick a hand in the n*gga face....
 06-04-2008, 12:57 PM         #179
Dot0823  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a diff story when the chip is on the line.. more pressure..
 10 years ago '08        #180
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
Honestly though, use your brain from a basketball standpoint and look at the situation.
The f*ck you mean? The man gotta play at some point don`t he? Phil has confidence in his abilities, and if he gets to f*cking up, we`ll sit him down...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago