May 29 - Lil Wayne Sued, Says "I Feel Like Dying"

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
87 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-30-2008, 12:39 PM         #41
Souljah1Eight7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone sayin there is no law suit cuz he never put it on a cd is dead wrong, once he put it up on his myspace, or a mixtape, or sang it a concert, or if it was on the radio, which in this case i think it was all of the above, he fu*ked himself for not gettin the rights to cover or sample it....thank you music buisness classes for that knowledge....
 10 years ago '06        #42
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 nicoled985 said:
Wayne's version is crap too, horrible horrible song
Co-sign. Dude is reaching.
 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM         #43
unclecdouble 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
old gurl must be hurtn fo da paypa:D
 10 years ago '04        #44
DjInfamous804 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 62 62
Regardless of anything...she can sue....if its copyrighted and his label tried to contact her to use the sample she can.Even if he didn't put it on the album...but Myspace....you are liable.
 10 years ago '04        #45
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
 Curtisimo said:
nah if your performing it you can get sued also without clearing a sample or without having rights to use the song

even football stadiums and nba courts need permission from the artist(or label) to be able to play a song in their arena
What I'm saying is it could be possible the producer isn't getting sued because he or she backed off, but Wayne is the one who went ahead and continued to perform it at concerts he was paid for.

Now, if you're doing a charity function for a church to donate money to victims in China or something you can perform whatever song you like as long as it's for noncommercial use.
 10 years ago '05        #46
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,376 | Props total: 476 476
do u realize how much sh*t 3 6 stole....and they sh*t was gettin heard and makin money off it...but if nobody made any money off of it....and u jus thru it out there so ppl can hear it....its not u to blame...i guess she woudl have sued if he woulda jus rapped it on her plain sounds as well.....ppl will do anything...
 10 years ago '08        #47
jsimms86 
space
space
space
$166 | Props total: 0 0
this chick should be happy wayne sample her sh*t. nobody would listen to it other wise. i never heard of her until this situation.
 10 years ago '05        #48
Tollah The God 
space
space
space
$457 | Props total: 0 0
man its alotta dumb n*ggas on this site. Technically, as soon as the n*gga recorded the song he was breakin the law. (i.e. fair use is a trap, if you take music business classes you'll eventually learn this) Even more incriminating is the fact that the song is registered with ASCAP, showing that the n*gga expected to get paid for the song by any means. that means, radioplay, live performance, tangible media(cd's, tapes for you dummies), if they play the sh*t at a kids birthday party and someone from ASCAP happens to be there, whatever. And obviously, for all you dudes sayin so and so stole this, so and so stole that;....they obviously got the samples cleared seeing as they aren't gettin sued. Man I hope some of ya'll don't become artists and have someone sample your sh*t cuz ya'll will get fu*kED

Last edited by Tollah The God; 05-30-2008 at 09:09 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #49
TIGER HOODS 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,042 | Props total: 1 1
If this is the case then what's the rules about how much you can sample without gettin sued?
You would think DJ Premier would be up to his neck in lawsuits if this was the case.....he raw az fu*k but how does he avoid gettin sued? everything he do iz sampled....
 10 years ago '08        #50
jmack26 54 heat pts54
space
space
$578 | Props total: 281 281
thats crazy
 10 years ago '05        #51
stickemup 
space
space
$8,977 | Props total: 0 0
chipmunk-sounding sample.

I hope she gets the money. I hate songs that sample like that. except that Wu Tang song on Forever where it goes 'Oh babyyyy'.
 10 years ago '05        #52
stickemup 
space
space
$8,977 | Props total: 0 0
 Swishahouse said:
If this is the case then what's the rules about how much you can sample without gettin sued?
You would think DJ Premier would be up to his neck in lawsuits if this was the case.....he raw az fu*k but how does he avoid gettin sued? everything he do iz sampled....
you gotta ask for permission if you don't wan't to get sued

as for the past, at certain times when hip hop was coming up, certain copyright laws didn't exist yet.
 05-31-2008, 08:46 AM         #53
durdysoufpleya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he has been doing that for years and nobody else complained. damn.
 10 years ago '07        #54
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,070 | Props total: 1843 1843
damn wayne
 10 years ago '06        #55
O-King 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 77 77
Isnt "I Feel Like Dying" On his EP ALBUM "The Leak" thats being sold in stores via distribution? The CD with the IM ME track
 10 years ago '05        #56
pYUNEit 
space
space
$707 | Props total: 0 0
she will lose money for pullin this stunt...cant feel sorry for her. case dismissed
 06-01-2008, 04:21 PM         #57
sniper1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deuce Black said:

yes she does, it doesnt matter if he didnt sell it...

samples by law have to be cleared if it is released for promotional use

kinda fu*ked up, I know
 PhantomBeatz said:
i don't think she can do that if that was the case the n*ggas would be gettin sued all the damn time from them using someones else beat on a mixtape he aint really make of that sh*t anyway.
2nd one is right.

and btw if anyone wants to say he ll get in trouble for performing it at concerts.... erm no he wont because nobody was booking his shows on the strength of that song either, nobody came to his shows to hear him rap that track. plenty of artists have 'performed' mixtape tracks containing samples without getting in any trouble.

but if what old dude said was right that it was ascap'd and sold on digital sites, then wayne is in BIG trouble for publishing himself as the owner to the rights.

Last edited by sniper1; 06-01-2008 at 04:22 PM..
 10 years ago '08        #58
phille126 
space
space
$580 | Props total: 284 284
if u make it a public u can get your money for it or the label wouldnt of tried to pay her for it money make sinse
or cents do forgetit
 06-01-2008, 05:38 PM         #59
djkhaledmustdie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all of weezys songs sound like a gay pr0no soundtrack

no weezy
 10 years ago '04        #60
ced_2126 
space
space
space
$505 | Props total: 0 0
if its already copywrited the "tune" (beat) cannot be used in any personal use, for any kind of promotional use without the consent of the owner..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
21 hours ago