May 29 - Lil Wayne Sued, Says "I Feel Like Dying"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
7087 pageviews
66 comments

illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
May 29 - Lil Wayne Sued, Says "I Feel Like Dying"

AS ALWAYS, PROPS 4 PROPS

[pic - click to view]

http://www.sohh.com/artic .. icle.php/15355

Lil' Wayne Sued For Copyright Infringement

Lil' Wayne may be headed back to court again. This time it's not for guns or drugs, but stealing.

Singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed a lawsuit in Louisiana recently, claiming Wayne stole her tune "Once" and turned it into the track "I Feel Like Dying," according to TMZ.

Karma's "Once" is a folky, guitar-layden ballad, whereas Wayne's "Dying" features a sped-up, chipmunk-sounding sample.

Karma said that Wayne's label had been trying to reach an agreement with her for use of the track, but hadn't been able to come to one. Meanwhile, Wayne's made his "Dying" available on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
Weezy's manager didn't return a call for comment.

In other Wayne legal news, the rapper pled not guilty on May 6 to several drug and weapons charges stemming from an earlier arrest in Arizona.

Almost two weeks later, he gave up a DNA sample in another case in New York to be tested against a gun found on his tour bus.

In the midst of his cases, the self-proclaimed best rapper alive is still slated to close out "The BET Awards" next month, airing June 24, and he's also got a role in the upcoming Fast And The Furious flick.

Tha Carter III, his highly anticipated follow up album to 2005's Carter II, hits stores on June 10.

AS ALWAYS, PROPS 4 PROPS

66 comments for "May 29 - Lil Wayne Sued, Says "I Feel Like Dying""

10 years ago '05        #2
sleezy 
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 1146 1146
he didnt even release to the song..u cant sue if they aint sell the track..she dosnt have a case if it was leaked on mixtape
 10 years ago '04        #3
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
it aint like he made money off that track...its not on his new album
 10 years ago '08        #4
daluckychild 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$753 | Props total: 229 229
I agree.... the track wasnt for sale or put on any album for sale... to have a good basis to sue, they have to prove they sold the song as an original production.
 05-29-2008, 05:33 PM         #5
MacDreezyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
welcome to the rap game, but its not official so i dont think that she can pull that sh*t through
 10 years ago '06        #6
illathruz 65 heat pts65 OP
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
just throwing this out there to stimulate debate. i hate when everybody agrees.

Copyright is a legal concept, enacted by most governments, giving the creator of an original work exclusive rights to it, usually for a limited time. Generally, it is "the right to copy", but also gives the copyright holder the right to be credited for the work, to determine who may adapt the work to other forms, who may perform the work, who may financially benefit from it, and other, related rights.

Copyright may also be licensed. Some jurisdictions may provide that certain classes of copyrighted works be made available under a prescribed statutory license (e.g. musical works in the United States used for radio broadcast or performance). This is also called a compulsory license, because under this scheme, anyone who wishes to copy a covered work does not need the permission of the copyright holder, but instead merely files the proper notice and pays a set fee established by statute (or by an agency decision under statutory guidance) for every copy made. Failure to follow the proper procedures would place the copier at risk of an infringement suit.
 10 years ago '05        #7
Tollah The God 
space
space
space
$457 | Props total: 0 0
the n*gga did the song at the concert in philly last month....and been doin the song at concerts....he's made money off of it....
 10 years ago '04        #8
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
space
$11,065 | Props total: 1549 1549
i remember i herd that song on the chicks myspace when it first came out i know it was going to happen just a matter of time
 05-29-2008, 05:45 PM         #9
Deuce Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sleezy said:
she dosnt have a case if it was leaked on mixtape
yes she does, it doesnt matter if he didnt sell it...

samples by law have to be cleared if it is released for promotional use

kinda fu*ked up, I know
 10 years ago '04        #10
Matt 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,726 | Props total: 104 104
so fi anything, producers can be sued because they sample all the time... not meaning they release it or put it out to people...

but j0hncena give me a fu*king call.. or turn on ur phone fu*ker.
 10 years ago '06        #11
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
yea, she will get money....u cant use her as a sample without her permission regardless of if its on a cd or not
 05-29-2008, 06:41 PM         #12
Jesus Christ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i look at sampling like downloading music, sooooo many people do it but that ONE person ends up getting caught and turns everyone around like "omg i dont wanna sample anymore since i'll get sued"

look at all Dres stuff from NWA and so on, I'm pretty sure most of that stuff was NOT cleared... (he did get sued couple times but yah...) lol
 05-29-2008, 06:53 PM         #13
djkhaledmustdie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who cares
 05-29-2008, 06:59 PM         #14
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i need that beat playboy.

official playboy, not the loop, ya heard.
 10 years ago '07        #15
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Wouldn't the sample be getting the original artist more promotion after everything? People will eventually want to know who created the original song.
I know how the law works but I don't think the song was even meant to be released. He's more than likely making some type of money off of it though.Do we know if he even checks his myspace page?
 10 years ago '04        #16
hardcopyhc 
space
space
$1,291 | Props total: 155 155
 illathruz said:
just throwing this out there to stimulate debate. i hate when everybody agrees.

Copyright is a legal concept, enacted by most governments, giving the creator of an original work exclusive rights to it, usually for a limited time. Generally, it is "the right to copy", but also gives the copyright holder the right to be credited for the work, to determine who may adapt the work to other forms, who may perform the work, who may financially benefit from it, and other, related rights.

Copyright may also be licensed. Some jurisdictions may provide that certain classes of copyrighted works be made available under a prescribed statutory license (e.g. musical works in the United States used for radio broadcast or performance). This is also called a compulsory license, because under this scheme, anyone who wishes to copy a covered work does not need the permission of the copyright holder, but instead merely files the proper notice and pays a set fee established by statute (or by an agency decision under statutory guidance) for every copy made. Failure to follow the proper procedures would place the copier at risk of an infringement suit.
Right and wrong my friend because you can only sue for damages when you have proof of someone making money from you creating or taking credit for what you've done, Wayne in this case did the song but it was not released to the public for sale nor profit. Therefore he may have tried to seek a license for using the song but you don't need one if it was just for sh*ts and giggles.
 10 years ago '07        #17
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 MacDreezyy said:
welcome to the rap game, but its not official so i dont think that she can pull that sh*t through
shes mad no-one knows her and he made her song 10x better

:sleepy:
 10 years ago '04        #18
nicoled985 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,322 | Props total: 4301 4301
 kraYz13 said:
shes mad no-one knows her and he made her song 10x better

:sleepy:
Wayne's version is crap too, horrible horrible song
 10 years ago '05        #19
That Dude 
space
space
$847 | Props total: 89 89
 sleezy said:
he didnt even release to the song..u cant sue if they aint sell the track..she dosnt have a case if it was leaked on mixtape
uuumm yeah u can where the hell did u hear that??? plus the track was released it was on sale on itunes lil wayne the carter 3 leak or some sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #20
diane303 
space
space
$1,834 | Props total: 0 0
I want Joey to spit over this sample!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy