Lil' Wayne - The Carter III (2008)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
187 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What you think?
5 BX - This is Hot! Better than all the Carters 103 19.96%
4 BX - Very Good...As good as the last 2 Carters 157 30.43%
3 BX - It's Alright. Decent not as great as the previous. 150 29.07%
2 BX - Lollipop are you serious? Whack. 37 7.17%
1 BX - Trash! Lil' Waynes on too many drugs. 69 13.37%
Voters: 516. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #281
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
 slumz said:
^^ u know i enjoy the album after giving it some time to grow..i might not like a track or two or 3 but i think its a nice album just off the feel i get from it...

but how the hell u gonna call it a classic?... dont it take time for something to be.. " classic " ? its only been like almost 2 weeks after the LP released

Have some common sense GOT DAMNIT!
Ah, but speaking of Common, wasn't "Like Water" an instant classic?
Or at least whenever you first heard it?

Unfortunately for the Carter 3, "Phone Home" 's hook is really awful.
ANd since every track on a classic should be hot, I dont see how anyone can honestly ever call it classic.
Unless some people have a different def of classic.

Last edited by kevkhalee; 06-26-2008 at 06:24 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #282
booie4 
space
space
$5,258 | Props total: 1549 1549
I figured i let the hype wear off, and give it a few listens. My song rating and comments.

Overall i'll give it a 4/5, the trio c1>c3>c2

3 Peat- 4/5 not better than the c1 or c2 intros but this starts of the album nicely
Mr. Carter- 4.25/5, good 1st verse, average 2nd, good Jay verse, thought the beat could of been better.
A Milli- 3/5 like that it bangs and a good 1st verse, other verses i thought were average
Got Money 3/5 its just average idk

Comfortable- 4/5 babyface himself is 1 full point, good beat, good lyrics, and putting them chicks in there place= good song
Dr. Carter- 4.5/5 great concept, great 1st verse, good 2nd verse, the third verse should of been the best one since it was saving hip-hop, and it was alright which stopped it from a 5/5

Phone Home- 4/5 one of my fav's on the album, real good 1st and 3rd verse, 2nd verse was ehh. the beat fit the song and its concept. With that said i can understand why people don't like this song.
Tie My Hands- 5/5 great song all the way through, best song on the album imo
Mrs. Officer-3/5 average song, annoyin hook, alright lyrics, good to see a ym artist

Let The Beat Build- 3.75/5- if you been a fan of wayne from the beginning this song should make you mad, give him this beat a couple years ago, and this is gettin murdered and is top 3 on the album.
Shoot Me Down- 4.75/5 2nd best song on the album, great vibe, really good verses and great hook.

Lollipop- no rating because its a pop record. its the worse song i've heard from him, but its his biggest hit. smh
La La- 2.5/5 the worse songs on the album, wack beat, 3 wack verses, smh at it making the album

Playing With Fire- 4/5 as much as i like this song, i don't get it, mainly because of the rambling at the end of the 1st two verses, although old i love the 3rd verse
You Ain't Got Nuthin'- 3/5 old and not that good. considering who it is, they could of easily came up with something better and newer.
Don'tGetIt- 4.25 add another verse as good the first 2 and it might be the best song on the album.

Last edited by booie4; 06-26-2008 at 07:23 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #283
young jeezy478 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 132 132
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
wow u need to step outside and k!ll ya self classic wtf

see this is wats wrong with hip hop homo a.ss fans like this guy

how and da hell are those songs classic in what way . n*gga concepts

was average what was so different about this cd from any other plz tell me

cause i dont see. Its a cool cd to bump but thats as far as it goes stop

telling me this sh*t is classic
DUDE LOOK AT YOUR NAME AKA G-UNIT....THAT SAYS IT ALL ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER...man weezy been rappin since 95 when that hotboys came out thats a classic, i mean you gotta look at his creditbility most of cash money albums either went gold or platinum...do the math.
 9 years ago '05        #284
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
classic album from a classic artist.

1.lil wayne
2.young jeezy

all time.
 9 years ago '06        #285
made in the bay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,269 | Props total: 161 161
4/5

Top 5 Tracks IMO:
5. Playing With Fire
4. Dr. Carter
3. You Ain't Got Nuthin'
2. Shoot Me Down
1. Mr. Carter
 07-16-2008, 12:39 PM         #286
Deuce Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 awall said:
classic album from a classic artist.

1.lil wayne
2.young jeezy

all time.
not even the south's all time.
 9 years ago '07        #287
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
Wayy Off...This sh*t Was Bad

The Singles He Dropped
Had Me Expecting Something Different
 9 years ago '07        #288
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
My Full Review
3 Peat - Tha Carte III starts off crazy as Weezy proclaims himself the best rapper alive.Over a haunting almost
like scary movie and dark knight beat.Weezy rips it with lines like ""Its Tha Carter 3 bi*ch, better put the supper up ,Hollygrove i throw it up,Like im trying to lose my guts,fu*k is up,beat em up, like a million uppercuts, got a million duffled up, for the fu*k of it"
Wayne tells his story on his way to a 3peat and goes thru his life story "When I was 14 I told my mom we would see better
days,sure enuff I got Macita in a better place ,when I was 14 I told my mom we would see better days and sure enuff I did excatly
what I said"
The Crazy flow of weezy mixed with his personality and the trendmendous beat.Make this a great intro.This is the best weezy intro besides the Classic song Tha Mobb from Tha Carter II.This song is a great way to start
a very entertaining album.Song goes Hard !!! 4.5/5

Mr Carter - A great sample and a chinese tokeyo beat.Wayne shows up with the swag.
In the first verse Weezy speaks to the music industry and how real he is as he say's
"blind eyes can look at me and see the truth Wonder if Stevie do ? "
and the Hook is beautiful weezy answersing the sample saying Mr Carter is clever.The second verse has BM JR
explaining how diverse and different he is from other rappers
Wayne shows his dedication "two words you never hear wayne quit ? ".Wayne lyrically shows up second verse.His flow is crazy
and Then Hova The God comes in explaining his reign at the top of the game and then he passes the torch to Young Weezy.Hova k!lls it he outshines Wayne on this one.Weezy comes back wit the crazy flow and talks about how hard he is going on songs and how he should be mentioned with Hip-Hop legends
he k!lls it and the song closes out with Wayne saying some lines in dedication for Jay's "Lucky Me" with a choir n the back round.THis song is amazing 5/5

A MiLLi - After hearing the "A Milli" freestlyes I apperciate the original more.Wayne comes in wit the non stop flow with witty lines over a repeating chorus of "a milli.A milli "
he goes in "cause my second mintues hours go the the almighty dolla and the almighty power of the cha cha chopper,
sister, brother, son, daughter, father, motherfu*ka a coppa, got the mazardi dancing on the bridge pus*y poppin",Tell the coppers HA HA HA HA"
and the lyrical excerise doesnt stop Wayne goes on saying "we poppin like Orville Redbocker"
and "he beast he a dog he 's a mothafu*kin problem ok your a goon but whats a goon to a goblin ?"
and " dont you hate a shy bi*ch, yea i hate a shy bi*ch, she aint shy no mo, she changed her name to my bi*ch"
LOL.Weezy had so many lines in this entertaing song.And the flow was on point .Its something addicitve about the beat.THis joint is a summer anthem
every hood and club bumps this song.And after 4 months this song still hasnt got old.Crazy !!!! 5/5

Got Money - When I first heard this song I hated it.I thought wayne didnt showup lyrically and it was a clear attempt at the pop charts.But after a few listens this joints is
a club banga !!.T-Pains k!lls the hook.Wayne swags is on high alttitude.The Beat is just makes you wanna dance
Wayne k!lls the second verse dude said "its nothing to a big dog, and im a great dain,I wear 8 chains
I mean so much ice, she yell skate Wayne, she wanna fu*k Weezy, she wanaa r*pe Wayne"
The third verse is on some swag tastic sh*t.This song is can be a very big club banga.Its gonna take some time to fu*k with it
but this sh*t is gonna be an the summer anthem .Very entertaining song 4/5

Comfortable - A s3xy s3xy ladies joint.Sorta like the males reponse to Beyonce's "Irreplaceble" Over a soothing beat and a beautiful hook by the boy BabyFace.Wayne tries to warn his girl not
to take advantage of him.The Beat just gets to ya soul.Wayne is on some real man sh*t.
With lines like "to the left to the left, if you wanna leave be my guest you can step,feeling Irrplaceable
listening to Beyonce, well ok I put you out on ya B-day".This is a number one hit in the making.Wayne continues
with the witty lines "I works you out like bowflex".This can be a big big song.A cool summer song
Even weezy thinks this song could be big at the end he proclaims even his mama is gonna like this one and the last 30 seconds or so
have the smooth beat with the bass guitar fading into dr carter so nice. 4.5/5

Dr Carter - In a very creative song.Dr. Weezy tries to fix wack rappers.Wayne first has to deal with rapper with no concepts or
orignality, and flow is a.ss and no swag.Dr Wayne goes in over a funky sorta like jazz beat with the bass knocking and the beat kinda of tells a a story and a drum pattern and horns
Dr wAYNE k!llS IT ! with lines like "got a pistol on the playground watch the gunplay,like no kidding,
no kids in the way ,but the kids do watch, gotta watch what we say, gotta work everyday, gotta not be cleshay,
gotta standout like Andre 3k ,gotta kick it like a sensay" unfourtanly Dr Carter losses the wack rapper maybe because
his lyrics were so k!lla.LOL.Wayne k!lled the first verse flow was cold as always
Next pateint has has no confidence,lyricism and respect of the game.Wayne tries to save him
wayne explains the term biting and he goes off "artires in my hand for writing, but Im a Dr ,they dont understand
my writng, so I stop writing, now im like lighting, and you aint Vince Young so dont clash wit the Titan,
fast and exciting, my passion is frighting" Wayne goes off as the horns come in but unfourtanly he loses
another patient.SMH.But good news the 3rd patient is only missing swag.Dr carter goes in comes wit the funny line
"swagger tighter than a yeast infection fly go hard like geese erection".Wayne's SWAGGER is crazy on the third verse and he savess the patients life
and the patient life is Hip-Hop.Very entertaing track with the nurse and hospital sound sin the back round this song is like a mini movie with a happy ending
.Terrific Track 5/5
 9 years ago '07        #289
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
Phone Home - Another creative track.Mr Carter takes the martian outlook of life.Over a knocking beat with out of space sounds and a k!ller hook that was annoying as first and a beat that kind of tells a story terrific beat by Cool and Dre.Wayne k!lls it
"Hip Hop is my supermarket, shopping cart full of fake hiphop artist, im starving,sorry, I gotta eat all it, and I'll be back in the morning".
Wayne goes in.the second verse is ok.Didnt really have anything to do with being a martian.The Third verse Wayne tells us how Unique and different he is
"Im rare like mr clean hair".This song is unique but for some reason the second verse annoyed me.Song still bumps.Could have been on topic more with the lyrics 4/5

Tie My Hands - A Katrina tribute song.Over a mellow beat and sweet guitar licks Wayne poors his heart out.The first verse.Wayne tells us how he's overcoming the tragedy of Huricane Katrina.Robin Thicke has a beautiful hook.In the second verse wayne seems overwhelmed by the tragedy looking for guidance and he talks about how he represents New Orleans and how his city has no hope.One more time for Robin thicke. He asks what has the the people affected by katrina done to deserve the disaster He k!lls this song.In The Third verse Wayne talks to his fellow New Orleans people and gives them hope
"and if you come from under that water then theres fresh air, jus breathe baby gods got a blessing to spare, yes, I know the press asking so much stress, but its the progress that feels the best, cuz I came from the projects str8 to success and your next"
Powerful Lines from Wayne.This song is so deep.If it was a song that was gonna win a Grammy from this album it would be this song.This song
is one you light one up to and just think.Wayne and Robin Thicke with another classic 5/5

Mrs. Officer - Another Ladies joint Weezy a.ssited with Bobby Valentino and the boy Kid Kid.Over a beat that knocks with the banjo playing so smooth like butter.Wayne talks about his confrontation with a lady cop.He keeps it s3xy(no homo) .Very Creative LOL he says
"all she want me to do is fu*k the police".LOL.
The hook smooth .Wayne keeps it funny in the second verse
"and after we got done ,I said ladies whats ya number she said 911LOL. "Rodny King baby yea I beat her like a cop"LOL.
Kid Kid comes in keeps it gutter had a nice 16.This song is so smooth.Very Creative 4.5/5

Let The Beat Build - Hands Down IMO.The Best Song on the CD.And The Song of The Year.Over a repeating sample and godly beat with it almost sounding like a choir in the back round and the church paino.Wayne goes on a lyrical excercise.His Voice,His flow,His Swagger is retarded on this bi*ch
"straight off the block with it,Eagle Street specfic"

"I can see the end in the begining,So im not racing im just sprinting ,cuz I dont wanna finish,they deminish,I replinish, sceintific, im out this world hoe,I wear bright red, like a girl toe,no homo, finger nails dirty, I've been counting dirty money since 12:30, am weigh them, if they short, take them right back, and spray him AMEN"

Damn he k!lled this sh*t.The claps start to come in when he says
" believe that, like a true story, rims big make the car look like
its 2 stories, if I hop out that'll be sucide"

"I dont have a spine,I dont fantasize,I mastermind,then go after mine, I tote a Tool box,Yea bi*ch its HammerTime"

And then the Beat starts to build as Wayne proclaims "Now Thats How You Let The Build bi*ch !!"

fu*kin Fantasic this song is Wayne k!lls the second verse with his stupid flow and his swag is on mars !!!.This is song is retarded I cant get tired of this sh*t.His flow at the end of the third verse is crazy too. 6/5

Shoot Me Down - Right after a classic song.You get another one.With a mellow guitar and a soul clapping beat .Wayne's flows over this mellow beat and guitar wit the first verse Wayne Tells the doubters Jus to open there ears and stop being close minded.And witness his greatness
"I aint kinda hot,Im sauna, I sweat money and the bank is my shower, and that pistol is my towel, so stop sweating me coward".
and The Hook the beautiful emotional hook from D. Smith comes in.So HAUNTING.Wayne in the second verse talks about about how fearless he is in life and how big of an heart he has
In The THird Verse wayne has talk with his deceased step father Rabbit
" Popa I did it to them !!!, Im a bastard imma do it aggin like n*gga backwards"
Wayne pours his heart out on here.Very Deep Track.
The Hook is great and the Guitar is crazy at the end .Up for contener of best song of the year 6/5

Lollipop - The Song that has broken records and is credited wit the boy weezy selling A Million copies in a week
Wayne talks about a girl love for his "lollipop" over a crazy beat and a crazy hook by the boy static major(rest in peace)
Lots of swag on this track weezy comes wit the funny lines "that pus*y in my mouth had me lost for words".
Very good club track and a good ladies track "Call Me So I Can Make It juicer for ya "!! 4.5/5

La La - Over a loony beat.And kiddie voice saying LA LA .Its so much swag on this track Wayne goes off
" fu*k me Im all about Wee like Paris, Hilton Presiditonal Suite already, Im richer than Nicole and Im a Lion like her daddy"

"My Daughter be the twinkle of my eyes you hurt her you k!ll me and n*gga i aint bout to die"

"see my style it varies like drugs in a valley"

Lots of witty lines on here.The Hook is swagtastic "started out hustlin ended up ballin n*gga im the sh*t get the fu*k up out my toliet"
Brisco had a nice verse and Busta Went off
"money fu*kin retard call it down syndrome money"
So Much Swag Baby !!! 4.5/5

Playing With Fire - A Spooky Track with a Great hook by the legendary Betty Wright.Wayne goes insane.Its sorta like he rapping for his life
on this track
"i feel caged in my mind its like my flow doing time i fell crazy inside but when it comes out its fine"
Wayne goes crazy. "The second verse he says he's great and that he should be a.ssianted becuase he doing samething martin luther king did in the same hotel in the same suite like a.ssinate him bi*ch !!! I LOVE THAT PART
The Thrid verse is fu*kin insane. "str8 off the corna apple and eagle braveheart bi*ch like the times im at evil marrie to the game divorce the cathrdal" fu*kin crazy !!! This Track has so much energy and sinister in it.Great song by the way the beat wit the guitar riffs and the heart pounding beat is insane.Lots of energy and pain in Wayne's voice
4.5/5
 9 years ago '07        #290
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
Aint Got Nothing on Me - This song is crazy.along wit his homeboys fabolous and Juelz .Weezy and the boys over a guitar and a pounding beat that is retarded go off.Loso starts it off
"fu*k gettin ya ride pimped, youll get hog tide wimp, have you in the trunk, curled up like fried shrimp"
LOSO k!lled it !! Wayne k!lls the hook !!! and then Juelz fu*kin goes off
"i let that semi curl ya or you can follow th drip cuz one shot from the clip will jerry curl ya"
"i get money out the a.ss thats some expensive sh*t"

And then Wayne's flow is crazy on here "wait rats i hate rats i clean em out like ajax got paper like a fax machine"
Crazy Track !!! 4.5/5

DontgetIt - A Nice sample of Nina Simone's misunderstood and a creepy storytelling beat Wayne tells his story
of his life and then at the end goes at al sharpton.Would have been better without the talking at the end and he would have spit a 3rd verse

overall this album was very entertaing.Ill give it a 5/5
 9 years ago '06        #291
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,328 | Props total: 215 215
classic album, in my own opinion.
 08-13-2008, 03:01 AM         #292
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aaah its been said so many times but it never gets old
you know music is dead whene someone considers a lil wayne album a classic cd
 08-13-2008, 03:05 AM         #293
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh and people quoting sh*t like this from him like if he is a fu*king poet or somesh*t
"Hip Hop is my supermarket, shopping cart full of fake hiphop artist, im starving,sorry, I gotta eat all it, and I'll be back in the morning"

08-13-2008, 03:20 AM         #294
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jsilerio said:
So far on track 9. Dr. Carter the best/structured track I heard from Wayne in a minute.

god man its crazy im just reading through these pages
people talk about him like if he is some kinda pioneer or fu*king musical genius

am i the ooooonly one that sees this?

:banghead:
 9 years ago '04        #295
Bsktballer10 
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
 ElMarroAfamado said:

god man its crazy im just reading through these pages
people talk about him like if he is some kinda pioneer or fu*king musical genius

am i the ooooonly one that sees this?

:banghead:
What I want to know is why you are so concerned with what OTHER PEOPLE like. You can't let other people have an opinion of their own? If you don't like Lil' Wayne, cool... but give it up. PEOPLE LIKE LIL' WAYNE, for one reason or another (I happen to like him because he puts out mad songs and I don't end up getting sick of his work because he only puts out an album every 4 years), and you posting in here bashing those people is not going to change that. I don't like Joe Budden but you don't see me in all his threads talking mad sh*t about him because someone else happens to enjoy his work. Get a life.

And that quote was a horrible defense for you saying that people think he is a "pioneer" or a "musical genius". You quoted someone saying that they thought Dr. Carter was the best structured track they had heard from Wayne in a minute. What does that have to do with musical genius or being a pioneer?
 9 years ago '04        #296
Bsktballer10 
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
its not carter 1 or 2 but has some tracks i will bang for a long time

tie my hands

shoot me down

3peat

playing with fire

let the beat build

Last edited by Bsktballer10; 12-26-2008 at 08:02 AM..
 08-14-2008, 01:11 PM         #297
ripnoplusude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the sickest from wayne.....
 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM         #298
serjdardo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i expected better but its still better others
 09-03-2008, 06:41 PM         #299
weezybabyQC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i could listen this album 2 at 3 times by day because i love lil wayne and i love this album .
 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM         #300
K.Dub 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good album, too much bullsh*t to compete with 1 & 2 though.

I'm copping the deluxe edition!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy