Lil' Wayne - The Carter III (2008)

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What you think?
5 BX - This is Hot! Better than all the Carters 103 19.96%
4 BX - Very Good...As good as the last 2 Carters 157 30.43%
3 BX - It's Alright. Decent not as great as the previous. 150 29.07%
2 BX - Lollipop are you serious? Whack. 37 7.17%
1 BX - Trash! Lil' Waynes on too many drugs. 69 13.37%
Voters: 516. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #241
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 artriseda3rd said:
I love Haters. The man puts out a HIP-HOP CD and zzzzzzs cant respect it. Not one song was like the one before it. What do you mean he didn't say anything lrycialy. This by far was his best lyrcial CD yet. YOU SUCK
lrycialy cd are u serious ??? and yes for the dumb a.ss above me rap is like story telling your suppose to paint a picture with your words all the greats can do that. jay, nas, big, pac thats how i know he is not in there league. And u ppl keeping talking bout it was so creative how a few bi*ch songs sum get money songs and sum b.s then end. thats said u young n*ggas dont even know what hip hop is or what a classic is that why u calling this trash classic. 4 years from now no one will be talking bout this weak a.ss cd dats how its not a classic. There wont re put this out agian like other classic. sh*t is average i aint hating its just the truth how u ppl are calling this average cd classic idk
 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM         #242
ddw2k6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a good cd...but i was hoping he'd come with somethin better than this to solidify his claim as the "best rapper alive". i don't think he really did that on C3
 10 years ago '06        #243
Antonio00 1 heat pts
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
Ok after a sh*tload of listens.... here is my review

1. 3Peat - 8.9 out of 10 - This track has been growing on me every time i listen to it. Pretty good flow by Weezy, even though it sounds like he recycled "I'm Me" a.k.a. "1000 Degrees" , its still a hot track

2. Mr. Carter - 10 out of 10 - Classic, timeless sh*t...I think Weezy came just as hard as Jay-Z

3. A Milli - 9 out of 10 - At first I wasn't feelin this, but preety much everyone is bumping this now... This grew on me, Wayne's flow is pretty catchy and the beat sounds ridiculous in the whip

4. Got Money - 8 out of 10 - I dont know why this track gets all this hate... Its a pretty good radio song and the autotone sh*t is just a trend... the track isnt the greatest, but its catchy and the beat is hot... I like this track people!

5. Comfortable - 9.2 out of 10 - Really good, slow love song.... hook is on point as well as the beat and Weezy's flow

6. Phone Home - 8.5 out of 10 - The hook is pretty annoying, but the beat is hot and Weezy rips it, and this track is off the hook when your high or in a whip... something you can definitely bump the sh*t outta

7. Dr. Carter - 9.2 out of 10 - Really fun track with a good concept, Weezy flows nice over the beat by Swizzy

8. Tie My Hands - 10 out of 10 - Classic sh*t again, could be the best track on the album, this is a slow, spiritual track with Robin Thicke on the hook, Weezy's rhymes make you feel for the victims of Katrina

9. Shoot Me Down - 10 out of 10 - Another great track, this time it was produced by Kanye, the hook is crazy, it has sorta the same feel as Tie My Hands... the hook is pretty chill, but weezy's lyrics and the drums of the beat give this track a unique sound

10. Playin With Fire - 9.6 out of 10 - Track has really grown on me, Weezy rips it, the sample is hot and this goes hard in the whip....

11. Lolipop - 9 out of 10 - We all know about this one, some hate it, some love it... i love it, it has really grown on me, super catchy and the drums are sick...

12. La La - 7.8 out of 10 - Track has a pretty unique sound, Wayne comes hard but the features with Brisco and Busta were not necessary on this track...

13. Nothin on Me - 10 out of 10 - Yes this is an old track, I believe it came out in February, but this is a crazy banger. Fab, Juelz and Wayne all came wicked hard, and the autotone hook is pretty contagious as well...

14. Let the Beat Build - 9.3 out of 10 - Really good Kanye track, tight sample and Weezy ripped it, "Now thats how you let the beat build..... bi*ch"

15. Mrs. Officer - 9 out of 10 - This is a hot, radio-friendly, bi*ch-song.... Bobby V's hook is catchy, and Wayne flows correct on this... "Beat it like a cop"

16. Misunderstood - 9 out of 10- Even though this song is marked as almost 10 minutes, it is only like 2 and a half.... the music part is really tight, Weezy paints a story about the country, and the misunderstandings of him and African-Americans in America but he loses points for going on a 7 minute point-less rant, that doesn't even make sense cause Wayne was obviously stoned out of his mind when he recorded this

OVERALL--------> 9.2 out of 10
 10 years ago '04        #244
realkilla3 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 2516 2516
 Shaidaddy said:
Well then name your five.........
both the dedications the drought 1 and three and the one with him and santana mixtape k!llin it any day this album was average for and average artist because he has put his self in the same boat as jay, pac and big this is not exceptable. those are giants that actually said thing and changed not only the rap game but the world with their music when he does that then he can put hiself in the same sentence with them until then he needs to sit back. After listening to that i asked myself how i could've ever called him the best rapper alive when andre 3000,jay-z,and even kanye is still breathing they have things to say and are actual rappers, Wanye is a nowhere near that yet and this album is no where near a classic.:sleepy:

Last edited by realkilla3; 06-08-2008 at 08:05 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #245
atlbwa2 
space
space
$613 | Props total: 66 66
man this sh*t sucks i cant believe hes really puttin this out when hes probly got way better songs than this wack a.ss sh*t. also he changed his flow up too much and now just rambles about dumb a.ss sh*t..the only good songs to me are 3 peat,mr carter, a milli, nothin on me and mistunderstood. also was he serious with that song la la? thats the worst beat ive ever heard with that little kid bullsh*t. carter 3 sessions was wayyy better too bad those songs leaked cuz he couldve came out with a way better album
 06-08-2008, 10:19 PM         #246
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
beats are tight, production is sick, lyrics make no sense.. Hes all over the place.. with the exception of one or two, the songs have no actually meaning.. its just him talking about his money and how he fu*ks bi*ches, motha fu*ka hasnt grown at all, u think he would since hes been on wax for over a decade..
 06-08-2008, 10:23 PM         #247
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and whoever thinks wayne came even close to matching Jays verse is outta there minds..
 06-08-2008, 11:18 PM         #248
rkn0720 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is fire cant stop listening 4.5/5
 10 years ago '04        #249
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,324 | Props total: 2476 2476
not classic but it is fire...been listenin for bout a week the 2nd+ time will grow on u...good changeup from what u expect
 06-08-2008, 11:38 PM         #250
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Antonio00 said:
Ok after a sh*tload of listens.... here is my review

1. 3Peat - 8.9 out of 10 - This track has been growing on me every time i listen to it. Pretty good flow by Weezy, even though it sounds like he recycled "I'm Me" a.k.a. "1000 Degrees" , its still a hot track

2. Mr. Carter - 10 out of 10 - Classic, timeless sh*t...I think Weezy came just as hard as Jay-Z

3. A Milli - 9 out of 10 - At first I wasn't feelin this, but preety much everyone is bumping this now... This grew on me, Wayne's flow is pretty catchy and the beat sounds ridiculous in the whip

4. Got Money - 8 out of 10 - I dont know why this track gets all this hate... Its a pretty good radio song and the autotone sh*t is just a trend... the track isnt the greatest, but its catchy and the beat is hot... I like this track people!

5. Comfortable - 9.2 out of 10 - Really good, slow love song.... hook is on point as well as the beat and Weezy's flow

6. Phone Home - 8.5 out of 10 - The hook is pretty annoying, but the beat is hot and Weezy rips it, and this track is off the hook when your high or in a whip... something you can definitely bump the sh*t outta

7. Dr. Carter - 9.2 out of 10 - Really fun track with a good concept, Weezy flows nice over the beat by Swizzy

8. Tie My Hands - 10 out of 10 - Classic sh*t again, could be the best track on the album, this is a slow, spiritual track with Robin Thicke on the hook, Weezy's rhymes make you feel for the victims of Katrina

9. Shoot Me Down - 10 out of 10 - Another great track, this time it was produced by Kanye, the hook is crazy, it has sorta the same feel as Tie My Hands... the hook is pretty chill, but weezy's lyrics and the drums of the beat give this track a unique sound

10. Playin With Fire - 9.6 out of 10 - Track has really grown on me, Weezy rips it, the sample is hot and this goes hard in the whip....

11. Lolipop - 9 out of 10 - We all know about this one, some hate it, some love it... i love it, it has really grown on me, super catchy and the drums are sick...

12. La La - 7.8 out of 10 - Track has a pretty unique sound, Wayne comes hard but the features with Brisco and Busta were not necessary on this track...

13. Nothin on Me - 10 out of 10 - Yes this is an old track, I believe it came out in February, but this is a crazy banger. Fab, Juelz and Wayne all came wicked hard, and the autotone hook is pretty contagious as well...

14. Let the Beat Build - 9.3 out of 10 - Really good Kanye track, tight sample and Weezy ripped it, "Now thats how you let the beat build..... bi*ch"

15. Mrs. Officer - 9 out of 10 - This is a hot, radio-friendly, bi*ch-song.... Bobby V's hook is catchy, and Wayne flows correct on this... "Beat it like a cop"

16. Misunderstood - 9 out of 10- Even though this song is marked as almost 10 minutes, it is only like 2 and a half.... the music part is really tight, Weezy paints a story about the country, and the misunderstandings of him and African-Americans in America but he loses points for going on a 7 minute point-less rant, that doesn't even make sense cause Wayne was obviously stoned out of his mind when he recorded this

OVERALL--------> 9.2 out of 10
Somebody k!ll this n*gga and put him outta his misery. Just one youself.

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #251
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boring snoozefest of an album i've listened to it about 4times all the way through on different days and lets face it this dude don't care.

I mean how in the fu*k when you at the "top of game" you go into the booth and freestyle for an entire album??

Concepts are what you need to make a classic album, my thing is what is the point in buying your album when we can get the SAME EXACT sh*t (Lyrically) from you mixtapes and to be honest a lot of his mixtape sh*t is hotter then this.

The senseless rambling it to much for me to consider this a good CD at the most its a 3 and i'm not a hater or a Wayne hater that's just how I feel.
 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM         #252
King Eros 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Veno da Don said:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boring snoozefest of an album
i've listened to it about 4times all the way through on different days and lets face it this dude don't care.

I mean how in the fu*k when you at the "top of game" you go into the booth and freestyle for an entire album??

Concepts are what you need to make a classic album, my thing is what is the point in buying your album when we can get the SAME EXACT sh*t (Lyrically) from you mixtapes and to be honest a lot of his mixtape sh*t is hotter then this.

The senseless rambling it to much for me to consider this a good CD at the most its a 3 and i'm not a hater or a Wayne hater that's just how I feel.
thank u, i thought i was the only one who fell asleep on this album...i was called a hater when i said comfortable and nothin on me were my fav tracks...i'm not a wayne fan by a long a.ss shot, but i at least gave this album a chance now for the 3rd listen and to be honest this sh*t is wack...avg a.ss album at best...
 10 years ago '07        #253
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
nothing but hate in hear. it was a great album. (his carter 3 mix-tapes were much better though).
 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM         #254
Emerica 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dig the album, I've listened to it numerous times and I plan on buying it within the hour when I get out of my exam.
 06-10-2008, 08:35 AM         #255
Dj Lightskinned 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all this album is great!

What do you really expect. . .

Now if you haven't listened to it. . .and I'm guessing most of y'all haven't you should.

Mainly listen to Jay-Z version in Mr. Carter. . .in this song he gives props to Wayne for being the best in the game now!

"I'm right cha in my chair / with my crown and my dear / queen bee as i share / mic time with my HEIR. . ."

Come on now if "Best Rapper Alive" says that Wayne is on top of the game. . .what else can you haters say. . .

Now, WHAT YOU GONNA SAY BOUT THAT!
 10 years ago '04        #256
greenshadi 
space
space
$846 | Props total: 0 0
It grew on me. Hot to me.
 06-10-2008, 10:31 AM         #257
majormarcj 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pos said:
i respect ur opinion, but im just gonna put it like this....u crazyyyyyy fam loll

i think he kinda explained on that track right there, WHY No other emcee can compete with him
What rocks do you n*ggas smoke?
 10 years ago '06        #258
Bow 
space
space
$1,906 | Props total: 0 0
Tie My Hands & Mr. Carter are nice joints.. few other good tracks and rest of the album is pretty much in the trashcan.
 10 years ago '04        #259
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,883 | Props total: 2041 2041
If you like lollipop k!ll yourself, your not a wayne fan, and if your not disapointed or think this is the worse of the carters, take a shot gun and pull the trigger aimed at your head seeing if its loaded, film it and send it to one of those weed commercials... thanks and good luck
 10 years ago '05        #260
HotboylilT 
space
space
$367 | Props total: 0 0
Aight...after bumpin this sh*t for bout 2 weeks...i must say that its an alright album..the sh*t is just disappointing for people who expected some classic hot sh*t...this album aint nothin like the past 2 carters...this album was for a bigger audience...c3 had different concepts, different production, different everything then any other wayne album...in my opinion sh*t aint better then c1 or c2 but it still jams. 4/5
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy