Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 10 years ago '07        #21
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,898 | Props total: 2268 2268
"i still love you" was the jam

RIP....
 10 years ago '06        #22
John_Dillinga 
space
space
$696 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Okay, lemme get this straight. She founded the group but, since the group started officially putting out material, she was only doing work behind the scenes... right? So, she really wasn't a visible member in the group? She was the identical twin sister of Irish? However, for anyone that has a 702 album, it doesn't help to look at the pics in the album because she is not in any of them... correct? It's always Irish not Orish in the pics, yeah?

R.I.P. to her.

I wish all these talented female R&B groups would stop breaking up.

702 was originally the 3 Grinstead sisters Orish, Lameisha & Irish and cousin Amelia (Chick with the big bushy eyebrows in the video I posted).

Before they started recording the first album, Orish and Amelia left the group. Lameisha and Irish decieded to bring in Kameelah a close friend, the newly christened 702 was presented to Michael Bivens who re-signed them to his Biv10 imprint at the time.

They recorded their debut album "No Doubt" Orish and Amelia joined the trio on the Song "Not Gonna".

shortly before their second album "702" the girls record deal got transfered from the failing Biv10 imprint to Motown records, Kameelah's mother died in a car accident leaving her unfoucused on the project, Lameisha performed in one video with Irish and Kameelah(Where My Girls At) before she left to have her son a few months later, Orish joined the group during the rest of the touring schedule and the other two single videos off of the second album.

During the 2000-2002 Hiatus Kameelah left the group to start her solo carrer she had been replaced with a new girl Cree Lamore on the single for the Pooty Tang Soundtrack "Pooty Tangin'". The chemestry between the new girl and Irish and Lemeisha didn't work out so Orish was brought back into the group.

With Kameelah's Solo carrer, She briefly became the new protégé of Faith Evans and signed a deal to be managed by Faith and her husband, Todd Russaw, under their Pedigree MGI Management. Kameelah sang backup and wrote 3 songs for Faith Evans' album, "Faithfully". She also sang backup for Missy Elliott on her "Miss E...So Addictive" album with the third single "Take Away". when her solo venture didn't pan out, she rejoined the group and they begun work on the 2003 album "Star". Amelia and Orish did some backrounds on the last album.

After "Star" did lackluster in sales the group disbanded and Lameisha discovered she had brea$t cancer which resulted in one of her brea$t being removed because of the wide spread of the cancer in the brea$t tissue.

Kameelah went on to try another shot at a solo carrer.

In 2005 their home in Las Vegas burned to the ground, the cause was an electrical fire, lucky none of the family was in the home when it happened as it was being renovated.

In 2007 Irish, Lameisha and Orish reformed 702 and was working on a new album untill Orish became to sick to perform and was eventually hospitalized. As of now the project is in limbo.

Just to clear somethings up about the confusion between Irish and Orish.

Irish was the girl in the IMX(Imature) video in 2000 for a single they released and she also dated Ray J and has done some acting appearing in the movie The Brewster Project in early 2004.

Orish besides helping out with the group stayed out of the public spotlight altogether (This is why there's really no pics of Orish).

Last edited by John_Dillinga; 05-20-2008 at 03:13 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #23
Knockout Kingz 
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 81 81
rip....
 10 years ago '04        #24
Mega 
space
space
$5,595 | Props total: 981 981
It got attention, you just missed it

RIP though
 10 years ago '04        #25
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
damn rip
 10 years ago '07        #26
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 4 4
 b_eazy said:
"I Still Love You" is still fire to my ears RIP to Orish
Ditto! I cant believe this didnt surface before. R.I.P
 10 years ago '04        #27
RedSpyda 
space
space
$2,580 | Props total: 0 0
damn RIP, I was a huge 702 fan, sad to see all the bad luck that has followed the girls thruout the years... hope the family is coping well
 05-20-2008, 01:09 PM         #28
couturebellla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rest in peace...
 10 years ago '04        #29
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 175 175
bout to go listen to i still love you right now.... thats still my sh*t... rip
 05-20-2008, 02:46 PM         #30
JediKnight'sSon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
i made a thread about stack bundles being a back up dancer in one of their videos like a month ago

But it dont get it...didnt she leave BEFORE they blew up? so why is this big news? Not tryna be disrespectful or anything, but it is what it is...
 05-20-2008, 03:26 PM         #31
TValles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i never remember a quartet...just the trio
 05-20-2008, 04:42 PM         #32
Jade954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sad... R.I.P
 10 years ago '04        #33
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,911 | Props total: 1156 1156
r.i.p. to her. very sad.
 10 years ago '04        #34
DjInfamous804 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 62 62
Thats really sad....
 10 years ago '06        #35
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
damn, really sad....don't remember her that well, but anytime someone is only 27 and they're taken from earth that's tragic.....she was beautiful, RIP
 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM         #36
2woLJD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's sad, i seen 702 at a show once, one of the members was pregnant
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy