May 19 - Nas changes album title

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 05-22-2008, 11:53 PM         #101
alias 1.0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas last cd flopped because he was ramblin about not gettin radio time
 10 years ago '04        #102
DjInfamous804 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 62 62
Think about it...Nas wants to get the album out...so it was either scrap the album name or scrap the whole thing by labels choice....I understand he is trynna push a point,thats always NAS...but the way things are NOW these days u can't be pushin that.Personally I could care less what he would've called it...to say I would still get it..he's a story teller...
 10 years ago '04        #103
jdakidd44 
space
space
space
$857 | Props total: 0 0
odb did worser but i guess dat dont mean sh*t huh!
 05-23-2008, 07:43 AM         #104
Ya'll Fags 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So ya'll really have this far drawn idea that someone other than Nas changed the title?

His execs say they stand by everything he wants to do.

His explanation is "Everybody is trying to stop the title.... Record stores are gonna have a problem in this day and time selling a record with that title. Who knows what's gonna turn out and be on that title? Who knows what that title will be?"

Okay, who is "everybody" thats trying to stop the title? LA Reid? The white man? Record stores are GONNA have a problem with it? Was that from the market research he did? Is he saying they dont have a problem with it now, but when it hits their shelves, somehow Nas knows they're gonna have a problem with it then? Ya'll let your fandom think for yourselves too much. What the artist says is not gold, written in stone or hardly the truth. Thats why he's been an entertainer for fukking 20 years

I dont think he cares about being politically correct enough to not call-out who directly is making him change the title. Unless of course it's himself.
 05-23-2008, 07:47 AM         #105
Ya'll Fags 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DjInfamous804 said:
Think about it...Nas wants to get the album out...so it was either scrap the album name or scrap the whole thing by labels choice....I understand he is trynna push a point,thats always NAS...but the way things are NOW these days u can't be pushin that.Personally I could care less what he would've called it...to say I would still get it..he's a story teller...
OH!

You're saying he had a point to this?(other than publicity stunt) Do tell......
 10 years ago '04        #106
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
If you've seen his recent interview with OnSM*SH you'd know it wasn't solely his decision. He really didn't have much of a choice. He's talking about "Congress is calling about it, the NAACP is calling, the White House is calling". The powers that be ain't having that sh*t. It would just keep getting pushed back and pushed back while his label has disputes with politicians. Anybody who's been wanting to hear this should be glad that he's doing this for the sake of getting the music out. But Nas should've figured this from the getgo
 05-23-2008, 11:09 AM         #107
alias 1.0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eastcoast keeps losin over and over again and again
 05-23-2008, 02:17 PM         #108
Ya'll Fags 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
If you've seen his recent interview with OnSM*SH you'd know it wasn't solely his decision. He really didn't have much of a choice. He's talking about "Congress is calling about it, the NAACP is calling, the White House is calling". The powers that be ain't having that sh*t. It would just keep getting pushed back and pushed back while his label has disputes with politicians. Anybody who's been wanting to hear this should be glad that he's doing this for the sake of getting the music out. But Nas should've figured this from the getgo
They werent having "Cop k!ller" either, but Warner Bros. stood by their artist, and that artist didn't back down. But then again, I believe that artist believed in his music, enough so that he felt the title and possible outcry was worth the possibility of it not selling or it not being in stores. Because there was a meaning to it, yet Nas, he has no meaning.
 10 years ago '07        #109
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
 Cartel-Clipz said:
Wow at some of you guys sh*ttin' on Nas like he had all the power to release the album with the original title. We should be showin' support for dude real talk.
THAS wassup.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
78 comments
1 day ago