May 16 - MTV's top 10 hottest MC's are

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #121
mobb789 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 0 0
could have been better no doubt
only 6-7 of those dudes really deserve to be on ther
i have arguments against snoop and andre 3000 especially, snoops album sucked and andre did nothing this year...walk it out remix etc was last year and thats why he was #2 or 3 i forget
50 that high? Afte T.I.'s year hes on ther? Jeezy didnt do much either?
Jay-Z that high?
Only thing i thought was absolutely correct was Kanye. At least they got number 1 right
 10 years ago '08        #122
MO CITY TX 
space
space
$461 | Props total: 147 147
Drop TI and replace with Bun-B

Bun-B > T.I. Scarface = KING OF THE SOUTH
 10 years ago '06        #123
wario101 
space
space
$301 | Props total: 2 2
 JoeDoe22 said:
1. O.K.
2. O.K.
3. Crap
4. Crap
5. If this was 1995 maybe
6. For some, maybe
7. Maybe
9. Can out flow anyone on this list
10. Maybe
Agree'd
 05-18-2008, 04:11 PM         #124
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:
This is a List of Hottest At the Moment, that translate to Best at the moment. Its just that there are more determining factor than Lyrically ability. There are a series of other determining factors.

I actually watched the whole voting process on TV and they (Panelists) repeatedly use the terms "Best" and "Hottest" in the smae context. They also had plenty of determing factors like Album Sales/Ratings, Song Writing Ability (Doens't necessary involve extreme degrees of Lyrical ability), and etc. Idiots like you don't realize that when they (MTV Panelists) chose the Hottest MC's at the moment that they also mean Best. Bests aren't based on one element of a Rappers skills.

Even if this List was for Hottest Lyricists in Rap at the moment, that would still translate to "Best" lyricists at the moment. It isn't though, they take all aspects of a Rapper into consideration, not just their Lyrical ability. Thats the typical method when deciding who is Best Overall.

That dude who brought up the dude who brought up Black Thought is a joke. I don't understand why people hate on Comprehension. Especially when I stated after mentioning Black Thought: "this list isn't based on Lyrically Content but more on Notoriety."

I don't know what sort of Education you recieved but Notoriety (In the Rap Industry) tends to constitute success. Do you understand that or do you need someone to translate it in "Doltish" for you?
at writing paragraphs of nothing. Hottest does not necessary mean beast.

In his era, LL Cool J was considered the "hottest" *pause* but he was far from the "best"

Last edited by REAL_NESS; 05-18-2008 at 04:20 PM..
 05-18-2008, 04:13 PM         #125
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zo1987 said:
at instructor a.ss n*ggas calling people dumb fu*ks on the internet. What point are u proving by tryin to insult people OVER THE INTERNET by mistaking hottest for best. To me its the same thing, so what makes u think I give damn about u or MTV's opinion? Im shocked that people are still on that sh*t.
n*ggas are debating, now stop bi*ching n*gga :slap:

Last edited by REAL_NESS; 05-18-2008 at 04:19 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #126
TCV|m 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,997 | Props total: 27 27
why would anyone think that people like nas , styles P, Az, jadakiss should be on the list...it says the list is based on what rappers are the HOTTEST and only judging on the last year...within the last year the cats i mentioned above havent done ANYTHING so how could they be hot?...all things considered the list is pretty accurate
 05-18-2008, 06:40 PM         #127
Prologik2k10  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This list is sh*tty, str8 up
 10 years ago '04        #128
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
 Narcz said:
And the list is:

1 Kanye
2 Jay-Z
3 Lil Wayne
4 Rick Ross
5 Snoop Dogg
6 50 Cent
7 Lupe Fiasco
8 Young Jeezy
9 Andre 3000
10 T.I

Young Jeezy and Rick Ross ? ... you must be fu*king kidding me based on what ?
 10 years ago '05        #129
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
jermaine dupri was talking about this last nigt on his radio show....and that whole list is screwed up...how the hell can snoop be # 5???...he came out with one song......whii the hell is 50 even on that list?? are u serious?.....and rick ross???..wtf?...they dont need to make a list because none of them sound a damn thing alike...u make list for ppl doing similar work..all of them bring different things to the game

rap ain't what it used to be...that entire list needs to be demolished and swept under the rug
 10 years ago '08        #130
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,017 | Props total: 19965 19965
No particular order but....in my opinion

Joe Budden
Common
50 cent
lupe fiasco
Fabolous
Jadakiss
Cassidy
Jay-z
T.I.
Talib Kweli
 05-18-2008, 08:54 PM         #131
latriceh6  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Narcz said:
In summer 2007, the MTV News Hip-Hop Brain Trust sat down and had another controversial roundtable debate. Unlike previous discussions, the trustees devised a list of not the greatest ever, but the Hottest MCs in the Game right then. The rankings were based on lyrics, flow, impact on the game, success and swagger. The roundtable recently reconvened and came up with a brand-new list of Hottest MCs. Our experts used the same criteria, but only judged on the past year of hip-hop.

Check out the full "Hottest MCs in the Game" list, and the full show!

Flame Thrower: Kanye West

Why He's Hot
With all due respect to the Diddys and Busta Rhymeses of the world, Kanye West has surpassed everyone as the best live performer in hip-hop. Grooming himself on stadium tours with Jay-Z, U2 and the Rolling Stones over the years has done him good. Even if West didn't release another rap this year, he'd still be the hottest for his Glow in the Dark Tour alone. Without exaggeration, it's the greatest one-man show put on by a hip-hop artist, possibly ever. Pure expression, no irony, just an irrefutable avowal that he is the game's most imaginative visionary right now. 'Ye's sold-out set is an orgy of lights, classic songs and conceptual genius. You've never seen anything like it.

And by the way, he can rap and produce as well. From the stage to the studio, no one puts the entire presentation together like Mr. West. Tremendous! Graduation beat Curtis and every other hip-hop album on the Billboard charts. First-week sales of close to a million and double-platinum certification notwithstanding, it stood out from everything else artistically too. On the last list, we spoke of the dominance of "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Stronger." Those two records put Kanye in 2007's top five. This year's ranking was spurred on by "Flashing Lights," a first-listen dance-floor classic in which Kanye narrates his troubled relationship and his hate affair with the paparazzi.

Late last year, while 'Ye was enjoying the commencement of a next level of fame and success, he lost his best friend. He lost one of his life's greatest inspirations, his mother, Donda West. Kanye showed the world his inner strength. He took several weeks to grieve, only to come back with a critically acclaimed international tour and the video for "Flashing Lights."

Of late, he's been unveiling a whole new set of rhymes, with guest appearances alongside vocalists like Estelle and hip-hop's elite, such as Lupe Fiasco, Pusha T, Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy.

"I got the money and the fame, man, that don't mean sh--," he raps on the Snowman's "Put On." "I got the Jesus on the chain, man, that don't mean sh--/ 'Cause when the Jeeesus pieces can't bring me peace, yo/ Sure, I need just at least one of Russell's nieces."

Kanye has been telling us he's #1 for years, and now that he has been given the accolade of Hottest MC in the Game, intelligent bets are that he'll continue creating so he won't have to relinquish the title.

"I'mma rap like I got some type of respect for myself/ I don't do it for my health, man/ I do it for the belt, man," he says in Lil Wayne's "Lollipop" remix.

Co-Signer: Snoop Dogg
"I think what makes you hot is your ability to hold a crowd, demand respect, be respected amongst your peers whenever you're in an environment where it is predominantly MCs. ... Kanye West belongs on the list, because his record was phenomenal. I love the way he came on his record. It's was dope. It was clever. It was genius. He kind of moved ahead of his boss if you ask me."

Blistering Ballistics
"You don't see just how fly my style is/ I don't see why I need a stylist/ When I shop so much, I can speak Italian/ I don't know, I just want it better for my kids/ And I ain't sayin' we was from the projects/ But every time I wanted layaway or a deposit/ My dad would say, when you see clothes close your eyelids/ We was sorta like Will Smith and his son/ In the movie, I ain't talkin 'bout the rich ones/ 'Cause every summer, he'd get some brand-new hair-brained scheme to get rich from/ And I don't know what he did for dough/ But he'd send me back to school with a new wardrobe." From "Champion"

Hot Streak

Albums
Graduation

Selected Mixtapes
N/A

Singles
"Flashing Lights," "Homecoming"

Street Bangers
"Barry Bonds" (featuring Lil Wayne), "Flashing Lights" unofficial remix (featuring R. Kelly)

Key Guest Appearances
Madonna's "Beat Goes On" remix (featuring Pharrell Williams), DJ Felli Fel's "Finer Things" (featuring Jermaine Dupri, Ne-Yo and Fabolous), Estelle's "American Boy," Kid Sister's "Pro Nails," Young Jeezy's "Put On," Lil Wayne's "Lollipop" remix, N.E.R.D.'s "Everybody Nose" remix (featuring Pusha T and Lupe Fiasco)

Business Ventures
G.O.O.D. Music label, KanyeUniverseCity.com (which includes his frequently updated blog and an online travel agency), his Pastel clothing line

Tours
The Glow in the Dark Tour with openers N.E.R.D., Rihanna and Lupe Fiasco

i agree ,love kanye, now i can read the rest of the article
 05-18-2008, 08:58 PM         #132
latriceh6  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Narcz said:
And the list is:

1 Kanye
2 Jay-Z
3 Lil Wayne
4 Rick Ross
5 Snoop Dogg
6 50 Cent
7 Lupe Fiasco
8 Young Jeezy
9 Andre 3000
10 T.I
rick ross and young jeezy i don't think so
 10 years ago '05        #133
th4lb 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,613 | Props total: 3526 3526
if this list is about being "Hot" i dont think Snoop or Andre should not have been on the list put Bun B and somebody else

Last edited by th4lb; 05-18-2008 at 09:14 PM..
 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM         #134
Psykox  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i watched this and it felt like a punishment, for one thing jadakiss and styles p were missing , lil wayne is waaaaay to overrated, its ridicuulous, jeezy sounds like he makes the same damn song ALL THE TIME they even tried to get soulja boy on the list..WAT THE fu*k IS THAT!? wack a.ss rap game nowadays, sh*t lets bring the 90's back
 10 years ago '04        #135
jdakidd44 
space
space
space
$857 | Props total: 0 0
shoot urself in the head for even bringing Gucci's name into this thread
wat he said! wtf is wrong with u!
 05-18-2008, 10:41 PM         #136
Tre4fam  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CTR said:
out of those top 10, three belong on there: jay, lupe and andre with kanye coming in with a strong honarable mention. the rest are lame and HAVE NOTHING TO RAP ABOUT and they should just put the m-i-c down
must be a south hater
:finger:
 10 years ago '05        #137
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4275 4275
 Psykox said:
i watched this and it felt like a punishment, for one thing jadakiss and styles p were missing , lil wayne is waaaaay to overrated, its ridicuulous, jeezy sounds like he makes the same damn song ALL THE TIME they even tried to get soulja boy on the list..WAT THE fu*k IS THAT!? wack a.ss rap game nowadays, sh*t lets bring the 90's back
your confusing tha word HOT with actual talent and skill. im sure everyone on this board can name at least 5-10 real mc's not mentioned on tha list that could rap circles around anyone on it. tha mtv list was based on people who are relevent in tha mainstream. if they actually comprised tha list of people with actual skill in their craft most of these people would not be on it.lol.

to be honest almost none of them are actual mc's in tha first place, if you want to be technical about it.
 10 years ago '07        #138
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1123 1123
Im truly disgusted at this list... Hip Hop is turnin into the WWE or better yet a fu*kin circus....... I just got fon watchin that sh*t and the people who picked the list were fu*kin buffons... @ the one dude sayin Wayne was more reative than Jigga.... Are u fu*king kidding me?
 10 years ago '07        #139
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1123 1123
 joeyb8420 said:
the people who voted 4 that are idiots how is jay-z hot rite now he dont have a cd out, and wayne shood be number 1 and andre 3000 shoodnt be on there i dont see why evry1 else thinks hes this great mc he neva released a solo he neva duz mixtapes he duz a verse like once a year, mtv's retarded man i dont pay attention 2 that bull
Wayne aint got an album out either yo
 05-18-2008, 11:15 PM         #140
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
Wayne aint got an album out either yo
just shows you how bias muthafu*kas are...probably didnt realize it hisself
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy