May 16 - MTV's top 10 hottest MC's are

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-17-2008, 11:30 PM         #101
Narcz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ wanna bet even after that post people still gonna come in on some dumb sh*t?
 10 years ago '04        #102
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
 Narcz said:
Flame Thrower: Kanye West

Why He's Hot
With all due respect to the Diddys and Busta Rhymeses of the world, Kanye West has surpassed everyone as the best live performer in hip-hop. Grooming himself on stadium tours with Jay-Z, U2 and the Rolling Stones over the years has done him good. Even if West didn't release another rap this year, he'd still be the hottest for his Glow in the Dark Tour alone. Without exaggeration, it's the greatest one-man show put on by a hip-hop artist, possibly ever. Pure expression, no irony, just an irrefutable avowal that he is the game's most imaginative visionary right now. 'Ye's sold-out set is an orgy of lights, classic songs and conceptual genius. You've never seen anything like it.

Tours
The Glow in the Dark Tour with openers N.E.R.D., Rihanna and Lupe Fiasco

really listen to this...if you have a chance to go to the Glow In The Dark Tour...do it...i promise you wont be disappointed...it had to be the best show i've ever seen...live or on video...

who cares about the list tho...snoop said he might have moved ahead of Jay...hmm....the concert definitely put him there in my book...
 10 years ago '07        #103
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,666 | Props total: 565 565
dis list is wasck
andre 3000 hasent done Shyt
rick ross is wack as always
Lupe Should be 1
wheres Nas
TI?!?!!? My Sister is better than him
fu*k outta here wit dis wack a.ss list im glad no real hip hop heads turn to MTV
 05-18-2008, 01:34 AM         #104
Flamboyant4Life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Myworld82 said:
I have come to the conclusion that 90% of boxden are idiots and can't really read.

The list is very accurate when you look at it, lets break it down:

1. Kanye - He had highest 1st week sales out of any hip hop album in the past year, over 900,000. Put out a VERY solid album. Rips the remixes he's on. He's the most relevant right now.

2. Jay - 150 million dollar deal. One if not the best album of the past year, hands down. All over the place. And he marries Beyonce. It's hard not to argue he's 1.

3. Wayne - He has more guest appearances than T-Pain, and that says a sh*tload. Plus his album has to be the most anticipated than any in a long time.

4. Ross - 300,000 first week. Rips his guest appearances (the verse on Ace Hood is ridiculous). MTV made a good point, no one else really sounds like dude either.

5. Snoop Dogg - anyone who can do s3xual Eruption and still be considered relevant in hip hop, and people love it as it is hip hop, well, that says it all.

6. 50 Cent - You'll download his music just because you hate him. You'll buy it because you love him. Either way, you're listening, whether he's talking or rapping. So that's why he makes it.

7. Lupe - if you don't understand this decision, you need to get your ears checked, or start listening to rock or some sh*t. Could easily be #4 on the list, i think.

8. Jeezy - I'm biased, because I'm a big Jeezy fan. MTV makes a good point, in that he has really raised the bar when he guest appears now.

9. Andre 3000 - I know a lot will disagree, but this is the one that I thought could be argued. He doesn't really have an album that makes him a part of this list that you go off of. However, he literally outshines everyone else when he's on a track, so it's kind of hard to say he couldn't be on the list.

10. T.I. - Also biased, but he comes in last here, and I understand it, because he hasn't really had anything in a while. But he's very relevant, and with the new track, he's going hard in a different way. And you have to believe that he's gonna k!ll it with the new album. He has to be more focused now than ever.
This is the most intelligent post in the thread. Em, nas, commom? Come on now. Within the past year these artists have been the most talked about, most hated on, most influential artists in the game. That dude that even brought up Black Thought is a joke. I don't understand why people hate on success. Underground hip-hop has its place but this list is not about that.

The only arguable point in Andre 3000. But considering Game has not dropped within the last year I understand the omission. People need to stop the hate and appreciate songs for what they are. Lollipop, for example, was made to be a mainstream club song. Wayne was looking to broaden his listening audience and he succeeded tremendously.

And for the people who say Kanye is garbage need to stop listening to music. Dude completely rips it in concert and always pushes the envelope.

10 years ago '04        #105
jjbing4 
space
space
$1,390 | Props total: 0 0
 Chris Rocks said:
First thing I thought.
a hotter verse, royal flush, than any rapper on the list.
 05-18-2008, 02:14 AM         #106
Rob_136  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
List is ok.
 10 years ago '04        #107
jjbing4 
space
space
$1,390 | Props total: 0 0
p.s. when the andre solo album drop we will pit it against lil wayne's carter 3 and then we'll see who has the belt. wayne doesnt rap about anything. someone needs to tell him to start writing sh*t down again.

"you like a bi*ch wit no a.ss, you aint got sh*t???"---and the winner for most filler bars goes to ...

ohh and i'll take plies over snoop dogg or rick ross. what the hell? rick ross is garbage. snoop dogg is way way past his prime. time to hang it up!:banghead:

Last edited by jjbing4; 05-18-2008 at 02:19 AM..
 10 years ago '08        #108
LuckyLu 
space
space
$111 | Props total: 2 2
Andre 3000
 05-18-2008, 10:48 AM         #109
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
"hottest" and "best" is not the "same difference" idiot
This is a List of Hottest At the Moment, that translate to Best at the moment. Its just that there are more determining factor than Lyrically ability. There are a series of other determining factors.

I actually watched the whole voting process on TV and they (Panelists) repeatedly use the terms "Best" and "Hottest" in the smae context. They also had plenty of determing factors like Album Sales/Ratings, Song Writing Ability (Doens't necessary involve extreme degrees of Lyrical ability), and etc. Idiots like you don't realize that when they (MTV Panelists) chose the Hottest MC's at the moment that they also mean Best. Bests aren't based on one element of a Rappers skills.

Even if this List was for Hottest Lyricists in Rap at the moment, that would still translate to "Best" lyricists at the moment. It isn't though, they take all aspects of a Rapper into consideration, not just their Lyrical ability. Thats the typical method when deciding who is Best Overall.

Flamboyant4Life said:
That dude that even brought up Black Thought is a joke.
That dude who brought up the dude who brought up Black Thought is a joke. I don't understand why people hate on Comprehension. Especially when I stated after mentioning Black Thought: "this list isn't based on Lyrically Content but more on Notoriety."

I don't know what sort of Education you recieved but Notoriety (In the Rap Industry) tends to constitute success. Do you understand that or do you need someone to translate it in "Doltish" for you?
 10 years ago '08        #110
chaoitic23 2 heat pts
space
space
$521 | Props total: 25 25
if it was based on lyrics crooked is easily in top 10
 05-18-2008, 11:37 AM         #111
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Escobar97 said:
dis list is wasck
andre 3000 hasent done Shyt
rick ross is wack as always
Lupe Should be 1
wheres Nas
TI?!?!!? My Sister is better than him
fu*k outta here wit dis wack a.ss list im glad no real hip hop heads turn to MTV
here we go again with this nas sh*t, lol...i'm starting to believe nas fans are more compulsive than waynes fan....
 10 years ago '07        #112
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,624 | Props total: 5482 5482
Wayne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanye....
 10 years ago '04        #113
jdakidd44 
space
space
space
$857 | Props total: 0 0
i c y n*ggas dont want a major deal
 10 years ago '08        #114
Block215 5 heat pts
space
space
$449 | Props total: 53 53
 Caleb_Pratt said:
god..... can't believe these stupid mtv lists.....

mtv only airs about 20 diff artists videos'..lol, not choice of artists to select from..
 10 years ago '04        #115
speedyt8 
space
space
$283 | Props total: 10 10
flo-rida

is this a joke
 05-18-2008, 01:26 PM         #116
Zo1987  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at instructor a.ss n*ggas calling people dumb fu*ks on the internet. What point are u proving by tryin to insult people OVER THE INTERNET by mistaking hottest for best. To me its the same thing, so what makes u think I give damn about u or MTV's opinion? Im shocked that people are still on that sh*t.
 10 years ago '05        #117
pYUNEit 
space
space
$707 | Props total: 0 0
List looks aight..has alot of good artists in there. When I think about hot MC's I think who has been in the spotlight the past year. I'd say it may seem like there are alot left out, but I gotta remind myself that it's not just the hottest MC's in the south. I'd put the list like this tho:

1 Lil' Wayne
2 Kanye West
3 Jay Z
4 T.I.
5 Lupe Fiasco
6 50 Cent
7 Young Jeezy
8 Plies
9 Andre 3000
10 Snoop Dogg
 10 years ago '07        #118
Caleb_Pratt 5 heat pts
space
space
$294 | Props total: 110 110
GO HERE to Vote At MTV for Your Hottest Rapper in The Game Right Now:

MTV SAYS it Will Cast Who Won On The Air!!!
 10 years ago '05        #119
BaLLa4LiFe 
space
space
space
$1,426 | Props total: 10 10
they said the hottest rappers. not the best rappers. otherwise the list would be different. plus its MTV's list so who cares.
 10 years ago '04        #120
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,018 | Props total: 249 249
YOU KNO DAMN WELL THAT ROSS IS k!llIN sh*t WITH SO MANY PEOPLE HATING ON HIM. A n*gga BEEN DOING HIS THANG FOR YEARS, I'M TALKIN LIKE 12 YEARS IN THE MAKING, SINCE 94, 95... NOW A n*gga GET SOME EXPOSURE AND BLOW UP AND EVERYBODY WANNA HATE ON HIM LIKE WHO IS THIS n*gga?! THATS THE BEAUTY OF MUSIC THOUGH THAT THE HATERS CAN'T STOP YOU. THEY CAN TRY, BUT IF YOU BELIEVE IN WHAT U DO, U WILL SUCCEED.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago