May 16 - MTV's top 10 hottest MC's are

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
136 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-16-2008, 10:58 PM         #1
7413 pageviews
150 comments

Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 16 - MTV's top 10 hottest MC's are

In summer 2007, the MTV News Hip-Hop Brain Trust sat down and had another controversial roundtable debate. Unlike previous discussions, the trustees devised a list of not the greatest ever, but the Hottest MCs in the Game right then. The rankings were based on lyrics, flow, impact on the game, success and swagger. The roundtable recently reconvened and came up with a brand-new list of Hottest MCs. Our experts used the same criteria, but only judged on the past year of hip-hop.

Check out the full "Hottest MCs in the Game" list, and the full show!

Flame Thrower: Kanye West

Why He's Hot
With all due respect to the Diddys and Busta Rhymeses of the world, Kanye West has surpassed everyone as the best live performer in hip-hop. Grooming himself on stadium tours with Jay-Z, U2 and the Rolling Stones over the years has done him good. Even if West didn't release another rap this year, he'd still be the hottest for his Glow in the Dark Tour alone. Without exaggeration, it's the greatest one-man show put on by a hip-hop artist, possibly ever. Pure expression, no irony, just an irrefutable avowal that he is the game's most imaginative visionary right now. 'Ye's sold-out set is an orgy of lights, classic songs and conceptual genius. You've never seen anything like it.

And by the way, he can rap and produce as well. From the stage to the studio, no one puts the entire presentation together like Mr. West. Tremendous! Graduation beat Curtis and every other hip-hop album on the Billboard charts. First-week sales of close to a million and double-platinum certification notwithstanding, it stood out from everything else artistically too. On the last list, we spoke of the dominance of "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Stronger." Those two records put Kanye in 2007's top five. This year's ranking was spurred on by "Flashing Lights," a first-listen dance-floor classic in which Kanye narrates his troubled relationship and his hate affair with the paparazzi.

Late last year, while 'Ye was enjoying the commencement of a next level of fame and success, he lost his best friend. He lost one of his life's greatest inspirations, his mother, Donda West. Kanye showed the world his inner strength. He took several weeks to grieve, only to come back with a critically acclaimed international tour and the video for "Flashing Lights."

Of late, he's been unveiling a whole new set of rhymes, with guest appearances alongside vocalists like Estelle and hip-hop's elite, such as Lupe Fiasco, Pusha T, Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy.

"I got the money and the fame, man, that don't mean sh--," he raps on the Snowman's "Put On." "I got the Jesus on the chain, man, that don't mean sh--/ 'Cause when the Jeeesus pieces can't bring me peace, yo/ Sure, I need just at least one of Russell's nieces."

Kanye has been telling us he's #1 for years, and now that he has been given the accolade of Hottest MC in the Game, intelligent bets are that he'll continue creating so he won't have to relinquish the title.

"I'mma rap like I got some type of respect for myself/ I don't do it for my health, man/ I do it for the belt, man," he says in Lil Wayne's "Lollipop" remix.

Co-Signer: Snoop Dogg
"I think what makes you hot is your ability to hold a crowd, demand respect, be respected amongst your peers whenever you're in an environment where it is predominantly MCs. ... Kanye West belongs on the list, because his record was phenomenal. I love the way he came on his record. It's was dope. It was clever. It was genius. He kind of moved ahead of his boss if you ask me."

Blistering Ballistics
"You don't see just how fly my style is/ I don't see why I need a stylist/ When I shop so much, I can speak Italian/ I don't know, I just want it better for my kids/ And I ain't sayin' we was from the projects/ But every time I wanted layaway or a deposit/ My dad would say, when you see clothes close your eyelids/ We was sorta like Will Smith and his son/ In the movie, I ain't talkin 'bout the rich ones/ 'Cause every summer, he'd get some brand-new hair-brained scheme to get rich from/ And I don't know what he did for dough/ But he'd send me back to school with a new wardrobe." — From "Champion"

Hot Streak

Albums
Graduation

Selected Mixtapes
N/A

Singles
"Flashing Lights," "Homecoming"

Street Bangers
"Barry Bonds" (featuring Lil Wayne), "Flashing Lights" unofficial remix (featuring R. Kelly)

Key Guest Appearances
Madonna's "Beat Goes On" remix (featuring Pharrell Williams), DJ Felli Fel's "Finer Things" (featuring Jermaine Dupri, Ne-Yo and Fabolous), Estelle's "American Boy," Kid Sister's "Pro Nails," Young Jeezy's "Put On," Lil Wayne's "Lollipop" remix, N.E.R.D.'s "Everybody Nose" remix (featuring Pusha T and Lupe Fiasco)

Business Ventures
G.O.O.D. Music label, KanyeUniverseCity.com (which includes his frequently updated blog and an online travel agency), his Pastel clothing line

Tours
The Glow in the Dark Tour with openers N.E.R.D., Rihanna and Lupe Fiasco

[pic - click to view]

http://www.mtv.com/news/a .. st_kanye.jhtml

150 comments for "May 16 - MTV's top 10 hottest MC's are"

05-16-2008, 10:59 PM         #2
Narcz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the list is:

1 Kanye
2 Jay-Z
3 Lil Wayne
4 Rick Ross
5 Snoop Dogg
6 50 Cent
7 Lupe Fiasco
8 Young Jeezy
9 Andre 3000
10 T.I
 05-16-2008, 11:01 PM         #3
Eqman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The public isnt as stupid as i thought...still pretty dumb though.
 05-16-2008, 11:05 PM         #4
Wrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*tty list
 05-16-2008, 11:05 PM         #5
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well sh*t it could be worse considering its all mainstream. remove rick ross, jeezy and move wayne and 50 down.
 10 years ago '05        #6
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
out of those top 10, three belong on there: jay, lupe and andre with kanye coming in with a strong honarable mention. the rest are lame and HAVE NOTHING TO RAP ABOUT and they should just put the m-i-c down

Last edited by CTR; 05-16-2008 at 11:08 PM..
 05-16-2008, 11:07 PM         #7
Narcz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To those of you who watched it, dude said Wayne is more creative then Jay. The fat dude wit the glasses. I swear I wanted to reach in through the screen and smack the sh*t out him.
 10 years ago '07        #8
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Narcz said:
To those of you who watched it, dude said Wayne is more creative then Jay. The fat dude wit the glasses. I swear I wanted to reach in through the screen and smack the sh*t out him.
 10 years ago '07        #9
JoeDoe22 50 heat pts50
space
space
$4,117 | Props total: 230 230
 Narcz said:
And the list is:

1 Kanye
2 Jay-Z
3 Lil Wayne
4 Rick Ross
5 Snoop Dogg
6 50 Cent
7 Lupe Fiasco
8 Young Jeezy
9 Andre 3000
10 T.I

1. O.K.
2. O.K.
3. Crap
4. Crap
5. If this was 1995 maybe
6. For some, maybe
7. Maybe
9. Can out flow anyone on this list
10. Maybe
 10 years ago '06        #10
jj01 
space
space
$44,966 | Props total: 4685 4685
list is disgusting
 10 years ago '07        #11
Caleb_Pratt 5 heat pts
space
space
$294 | Props total: 110 110
god..... can't believe these stupid mtv lists.....
 05-16-2008, 11:27 PM         #12
Mackin_Yo_Chick  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
list is disgusting
:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #13
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Narcz said:
And the list is:

1 Kanye
2 Jay-Z
3 Lil Wayne
4 Rick Ross
5 Snoop Dogg
6 50 Cent
7 Lupe Fiasco
8 Young Jeezy
9 Andre 3000
10 T.I
Ok, Jay should be #1, Ross shouldn't be on there, neither should 50, and I like dude. Jeezy? Come on. The rest is cool but 3000 should be in the top three. fu*k MTV.
 05-16-2008, 11:40 PM         #14
Narcz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's even more worse then the list was the ridiculously stupid discussions they had about it.

"OMFGZZZZ, 50's in the news all the time lets put him somewhere"

"OMG, guys like Rocko and Shawty Lo are copying Jeezy, let's put him somewhere"

10 years ago '04        #15
VERACITY-L9|M 
space
space
$2,605 | Props total: 0 0
nas Isnt Even On The List...
 05-16-2008, 11:44 PM         #16
Twista740  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. jay
2 nas
3 andre 3000
4 jadakiss
5 az
6 50
7 kanye
8 snoop
9 ti
10 wayne

FIXED
 05-16-2008, 11:55 PM         #17
Eqman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
Ok, Jay should be #1, Ross shouldn't be on there, neither should 50, and I like dude. Jeezy? Come on. The rest is cool but 3000 should be in the top three. fu*k MTV.
its not MTV it was the fans...the fans voted for the people on the list to be put where they were.
 10 years ago '07        #18
Caleb_Pratt 5 heat pts
space
space
$294 | Props total: 110 110
Well I ain't Trying to Put In Order BUt I think these 11 Should Be Considered...... FOr Hottest Right Now

Wayne (The Number 1 rap artist on tracks in your cd player and ever damn rap site in the world),
Jay Z (Damn He's still Running Things... That's Impressive),
Kanye (He's "Flashing Lights" club fire Like Ur on LSD nuff Said),
T.I. (He's Still Putting Out Remixes and Everyone Listens Whenever he Speaks),
The Game (Those First two Singles Big Dreams, and Pain are Serious),
Flo-Rida (can't deny the fireball this dude is even if u don't like him),
Andre 3000 (any time he puts out anything, everyone has to have it),
50 Cent (Sorry to Say it but With The New G-Unit Cd, Every Remix, and Interview every one Listens.... Even When U hate em, u listen... Yeah I Can testify To That),
Rick Ross (He's On Everything, Every Remix.... He's Like The DJ Khaled of Rappers... Maybe Not the best Lyrically, But As far as hottest... yeah he's there.)
Lupe Fiasco (He's Lyrically Crazy, And Everybody Loves His sh*t)
Snoop Dogg (He Does Have the 20 Year Swag... don't he....)
 10 years ago '04        #19
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
 sirhc2077 said:
well sh*t it could be worse considering its all mainstream. remove rick ross, jeezy and move wayne and 50 down.
WHAT HE SAID :applause:

btw, where the fu*k is nas and styles on that list

surprised they dont put birdman on that sh*t, hahahhahahahhaha

fu*k mtv and fu*k weezy, rick ross, n khaled n joe n them f*g**ts
 05-16-2008, 11:58 PM         #20
chronic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Narcz said:
And the list is:

1 Kanye
2 Jay-Z
3 Lil Wayne
4 Rick Ross
5 Snoop Dogg
6 50 Cent
7 Lupe Fiasco
8 Young Jeezy
9 Andre 3000
10 T.I
what has andree 3000 done lately
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
185 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy