Does using your power outlet/cigarette lighter outlet drain your car battery?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1
19939 pageviews
7 comments

McShiny 163 heat pts163
space
space
$2,103 | Props total: 3073 3073
Does using your power outlet/cigarette lighter outlet drain your car battery?

I am trying to figure out which is the cheapest and best way to use my iPod Touch in my 2007 Honda Accord. I think getting a new head unit would be the best way to do it, but the way the factory stereo is in the car, I don't know if it'll look weird. So I was thinking of just getting an adapter to plug my iPod Touch through the power outlet or car lighter outlet, but I am wondering if it'll affect my battery a lot? I already had some battery problems previously so I don't want to put added stress on it if possible. Let me know if anybody else has a 2007 Honda Accord and changed out their stereos too.

7 comments for "Does using your power outlet/cigarette lighter outlet drain your car battery?"

10 years ago '05        #2
SLiKK_KiD 
space
space
space
$2,835 | Props total: 0 0
yea it will affect your battery but not by much i dont think an ipod would use that much of those huge a.ss batteries
 05-16-2008, 11:29 PM         #3
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only if your cig lighter can power stuff with the car off. your alt powers everything in your car unless the car is off. then the battery takes over. i think most cars now days if the car is off then you can't use the cig lighter

either way it wouldn't use damn near anything for power

one
GhosT
 10 years ago '04        #4
Tbucs125 
space
space
$321 | Props total: 0 0
you can use the cig lighter it will turn off when you turn the car off, but if you use the 12v power port you have to remember to unplug it after you shut the car off....and it really does not take much to drain a car battery so if you leave it pluged in you may come back to a dead battery
 10 years ago '05        #5
McShiny 163 heat pts163 OP
space
space
$2,103 | Props total: 3073 3073
Have any one of you guys actually used the car lighter to use an adaptor to play your iPod or know if this actually works? I'm reading some reviews for adaptors and I am not fully sure it can hook your iPod to the stereo through the lighter port. I'm just trying to find a good way to play my iPod through my car...
 05-21-2008, 11:41 PM         #6
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you can't actually run anything through the lighter, you can power it with the lighter but thats it. if you don't have any aux input on your deck then you'll have to use an fm transmitter. there is no other way to hook your ipod to your stereo, lighter will never work. i think we all thought you just meant powering the ipod
one
GhosT
 10 years ago '04        #7
nickh 
space
space
$5,298 | Props total: 0 0
I have to rip apart my factory head unit and connect it through the back. I also have to buy a $120 adapter.

Cheaper than buying a head unit with an mp3 connectivity and am aftermarket dash kit for my mazda6.
 05-23-2008, 10:19 AM         #8
2woLJD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm lovin the white girl in ya avy, post more of her
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago