Reggie Miller: "I wouldve put CP3 on first team defense over Kobe"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-14-2008, 11:39 AM         #121
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J.R. Hyphy said:
please show me...when you suck on offense you should be pretty good on defense...

prince, he's a forward L
james he's a forward L
andre igudala he's a forward L
josh smith he's a forward L
ron artest he's a forward L
ak he's a forward L

name some Guards you dumb sh*t :sleepy:
^^^wow how fu*king dumb are you??? kobe is considered a g/f just like the players i named when the teams play all the players i names guard kobe so they're basically the same position and if you didn't know the all defensive team goes as followed

raja bell (not a point guard)
bruce bowen
kobe (wow they put him in the 3 spot hmmm isn't that the fu*king forward position????
duncan
camby

wow how does it feel to continually get owned??? commentator voice "...and rawproduct slams it home with no reguard for human life"
 05-14-2008, 12:17 PM         #122
RediKnight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawproduct03 said:
^^^wow how fu*king dumb are you??? kobe is considered a g/f just like the players i named when the teams play all the players i names guard kobe so they're basically the same position and if you didn't know the all defensive team goes as followed

raja bell (not a point guard)
bruce bowen
kobe (wow they put him in the 3 spot hmmm isn't that the fu*king forward position????
duncan
camby

wow how does it feel to continually get owned??? commentator voice "...and rawproduct slams it home with no reguard for human life"
Dude the only person you're owning is yourself by saying that Kobe is not a GREAT defender.

rawproduct03 said:
^^^wow what a dumb a.ss, steals as well as blocks are a DEFENSIVE STAT!!!! a direct outcome of a DEFENSIVE PLAY so you just owned yourself dumb fu*k. getting a block>>>>not getting a block getting a steal>>>>not getting a steal simple as that
Let me explain it a little better since you are having a hard time grasping this. Let's say David West is guarding Boozer. Boozer attempts to post up West, but West is holding his ground. Every which way Boozer tries to maneuver West is right there with him to cut him off. Boozer cannot get the position he wants and tries to go for a jumper. West is right in his face so at the last second Boozer tries to dish it off. But the decision to pass was a last second decision and forces Boozer to make a bad pass which he throws it straight to Chris Paul.

So who was the better defender on the play? The stats will say Chris Paul because he got the steal. But watch the play and you clearly see that it was West's defense that created the turnover. This is the point we're making. Chris Paul is ONLY good at roaming passing lanes, but is garbage at post-up defense and One-On-One.

Kobe on the other hand regularly will shutdown his man. This is coming from a Jazz fan who can't stand Kobe, but has seen first hand that he is easily one of the best defenders in the league. We play the Lakers enough that I can tell you Kobe has single-handedly shut us down in the 4th quarter of games on offense and defense.
 10 years ago '04        #123
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
lmao, that hate is too strong

i wish they kept track of players fg% when they r guarded by specific teams or specific players
 05-14-2008, 02:17 PM         #124
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J.R. Hyphy said:
please show me...when you suck on offense you should be pretty good on defense...

prince, he's a forward L
james he's a forward L
andre igudala he's a forward L
josh smith he's a forward L
ron artest he's a forward L
ak he's a forward L

name some Guards you dumb sh*t :sleepy:
actcually ur the idiot.

postion means nothing in this award as you can tell by this years first team.

kobe 2g
bowen sf
duncan pf
kg pf
camby c

so ya stfu
 05-14-2008, 02:19 PM         #125
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RediKnight said:
Dude the only person you're owning is yourself by saying that Kobe is not a GREAT defender.

Let me explain it a little better since you are having a hard time grasping this. Let's say David West is guarding Boozer. Boozer attempts to post up West, but West is holding his ground. Every which way Boozer tries to maneuver West is right there with him to cut him off. Boozer cannot get the position he wants and tries to go for a jumper. West is right in his face so at the last second Boozer tries to dish it off. But the decision to pass was a last second decision and forces Boozer to make a bad pass which he throws it straight to Chris Paul.

So who was the better defender on the play? The stats will say Chris Paul because he got the steal. But watch the play and you clearly see that it was West's defense that created the turnover. This is the point we're making. Chris Paul is ONLY good at roaming passing lanes, but is garbage at post-up defense and One-On-One.

Kobe on the other hand regularly will shutdown his man. This is coming from a Jazz fan who can't stand Kobe, but has seen first hand that he is easily one of the best defenders in the league. We play the Lakers enough that I can tell you Kobe has single-handedly shut us down in the 4th quarter of games on offense and defense.

^^^kobe a great defender??? wow you must be a fu*kin crack baby he's good at times but what makes him great? who the fu*k is he shutting down??? i see igudala,ak47,prince,ron artest shuttin n*ggaz down all day WITH the stats as well to back it up, please tell me who kobe shuts down????kerilinko??? then n*gga only averages 13ppg anyway,when they play the rockets he guards shane battier, when they play team he's not guarding the other teams best player like the people i have named, the n*gga is guarding nobody,he hasn't shut down the jazz in the 4th,ya'll got handled in the first 2 games and wasn't close even in the 4th and utah tied it back up 2-2 with great play in the 4th so who the fu*k did he shut down im still waiting??? sh*t when they play denver (my team even though they fu*kin suck) he was guarding j.r smith who actually played well so please stop with all this dumb sh*t every player i named is better on defense on and off the ball then kobe
 05-14-2008, 02:22 PM         #126
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J.R. Hyphy said:
but you haven't named any other better Guard defenders. Of course if your the best player on the court your not going to be guarded by someones garbage a.ss SG so they put forwards on you. i think your

being named to the defensive team by the NBA > what product says on a message board. go wet your bib cry baby a.ss n*gga
obviously by the all defensive team they put kobe as a forward you dumb fu*k raja bell aint no point guard but they put him on the team wow your mom must be ashamed of you my n*gga she should have took that 200 your pops gave her and had the abortion like he told her to. what a dumb hoe for not doing it
 10 years ago '05        #127
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Alright..

first off, Raja Bell isn't on the first team you nitwit. The first goes as follows:

Kobe
Bowen
Duncan
KG
Camby

Icedout, they do go "by position" - just not specific positions. They pick two guards, two forwards and a center. They consider Bowen a G.

raw is just an idiot. He has surpassed icedout as the most ignorant kobe hater. Just because someone gets more blocks or steals than someone else they are a better defender? You are a complete moron. Stats, especially defensive stats, are useless. Most blocks come from help defenders who come off when someone is driving to block the shot. Most steals come from playing the passing lanes. People are saying that kobe is a GREAT one on one defender.

Eight years in a row doesn't lie. Sit down. He tied KG for the most first place votes. Lets see:

Some little forum kid who hates Kobe thinks he's overated OR an award voted by COACHES of the league gave it to Kobe with tied for the most votes?

Yeah, sit down.
 05-14-2008, 04:24 PM         #128
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawproduct03 said:
obviously by the all defensive team they put kobe as a forward you dumb fu*k raja bell aint no point guard but they put him on the team wow your mom must be ashamed of you my n*gga she should have took that 200 your pops gave her and had the abortion like he told her to. what a dumb hoe for not doing it
Are u really this stupid
 05-14-2008, 04:31 PM         #129
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawproduct03 said:
^^^wow what a dumb a.ss, steals as well as blocks are a DEFENSIVE STAT!!!! a direct outcome of a DEFENSIVE PLAY so you just owned yourself dumb fu*k. getting a block>>>>not getting a block getting a steal>>>>not getting a steal simple as that
So tell me why Bruce Bowen is on the team????
 05-14-2008, 04:39 PM         #130
Nerd_Rich  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
Alright..

first off, Raja Bell isn't on the first team you nitwit. The first goes as follows:

Kobe
Bowen
Duncan
KG
Camby

Icedout, they do go "by position" - just not specific positions. They pick two guards, two forwards and a center. They consider Bowen a G.

raw is just an idiot. He has surpassed icedout as the most ignorant kobe hater. Just because someone gets more blocks or steals than someone else they are a better defender? You are a complete moron. Stats, especially defensive stats, are useless. Most blocks come from help defenders who come off when someone is driving to block the shot. Most steals come from playing the passing lanes. People are saying that kobe is a GREAT one on one defender.

Eight years in a row doesn't lie. Sit down. He tied KG for the most first place votes. Lets see:

Some little forum kid who hates Kobe thinks he's overated OR an award voted by COACHES of the league gave it to Kobe with tied for the most votes?

Yeah, sit down.

10 years ago '06        #131
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
 gemberland2004 said:
Damn Reggie

Still sour cuz you ain't got a ring huh
he aint hating i always thought he hated kobe but naw he cool he spits the real and not his hate side. but yeah cp3 deserved it but wen coaches pick the all first team DEfense then no complaints cuz the coaches knows wats up

k.g and kobe both got 24 out of 30 coaches for first
 05-14-2008, 04:49 PM         #132
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seriously whether u think Kobe plays 1st team Defense quality D is ur opinion. In my eyes KG def didn't deserve DPOY this year. In terms of man to man defense Battier was the best overall this year and should have gotten 1st team over Bowen. But thats the difference between Kobe and BAttier. Battier plays a Bruce Bowen role on his squad knocking down the open three and guarding the best player on opposing teams. Kobe is forced to be the best defender on his squad and carry msot of the load for his team.
 05-14-2008, 04:50 PM         #133
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
That would make sense if Bowen was a guard.

But hes not.
 10 years ago '06        #134
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
 rawproduct03 said:
^^^kobe a great defender??? wow you must be a fu*kin crack baby he's good at times but what makes him great? who the fu*k is he shutting down??? i see igudala,ak47,prince,ron artest shuttin n*ggaz down all day WITH the stats as well to back it up, please tell me who kobe shuts down????kerilinko??? then n*gga only averages 13ppg anyway,when they play the rockets he guards shane battier, when they play team he's not guarding the other teams best player like the people i have named, the n*gga is guarding nobody,he hasn't shut down the jazz in the 4th,ya'll got handled in the first 2 games and wasn't close even in the 4th and utah tied it back up 2-2 with great play in the 4th so who the fu*k did he shut down im still waiting??? sh*t when they play denver (my team even though they fu*kin suck) he was guarding j.r smith who actually played well so please stop with all this dumb sh*t every player i named is better on defense on and off the ball then kobe

wow all these peps are right HATER. and wat are u talking about we got handled the first 2 games if u look closely jazz got handled til the last 2 games and this series should have been 3-1 but we didnt make our free throws and kobe well he got injuried i shouldnt have been talking to u anyways cuz ur team is fishing. yall caught one yet or like you sed ur team sucks at that two
 05-14-2008, 07:29 PM         #135
Blue Cartwright  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Reggie Miller is a smart man.

:applause:
 05-25-2008, 11:51 PM         #136
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So wait whose kobe guarding again in this series?

I thought Kobe always checks the other teams best player .
 05-26-2008, 12:09 AM         #137
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the piece of sh*t im taking right now > Bruce bowen
 10 years ago '05        #138
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 5 5
 NoLedge18720 said:
Kobe is the only superstar in the league who guards the other teams best player night in and night out.
90% of the time that's true but game 4 Phil better put that n*gga on Ginobli
 05-26-2008, 12:27 AM         #139
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J.R. Hyphy said:
I think it's strategy that he is going to have to work on Offense with the toughest defender consistently in the league guarding him. If he can guard Bowen on defense then he won't have to exert energy guarding Parker or Ginobili. Also it's smart because Manu draws a lot of fouls and the last thing the Lakers need is Kobe sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Also, he did check Tim Duncan for a couple of possessions if that's what your getting at, because Manu didn't show up until tonight and Parker hasn't been too hot himself.

I won't expect you to take anything I said and agree with it but I know others will understand 100%
ok n*gga..

so basically he doesnt guard the best player on the opposite team. He hasnt yet in these playoffs and he usually doesnt in the reg season.

n*ggas need to stop making sh*t up.
 10 years ago '06        #140
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,876 | Props total: 2715 2715
I wouldnt put CP3 over Kobe on all defense but I would put Shane Battier over Kobe or Bowen on all team defense. Battier is even underrated by coaches thats how sad that is.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago