Does It Matter Which Side of Window To Put Tint On?

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
35 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-12-2008, 11:23 AM         #1
37220 pageviews
15 comments

PHANTOM TWIN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does It Matter Which Side of Window To Put Tint On?

The tint that was in my car when I bought it is on the inside but I noticed that the guy on that "Unique Customs" tv show applies it on the outside. Just asking because I'm going to have to replace mine soon because the edges are starting to peel.

15 comments for "Does It Matter Which Side of Window To Put Tint On?"

10 years ago '04        #2
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Yeah, I dont know why that idiot does it that way. Must do it if you want it to be replaced every week after something cuts it or starts to peel off from the rain. I could understand if he was just putting it on the outside first to cut it to size, but I have no idea why those fools apply it on the outside. That shop is a joke.

Last edited by hockeythug; 05-12-2008 at 12:38 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #3
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 1539 1539
Someone seriously put the tint on the outside of their windows?
 05-12-2008, 12:48 PM         #4
TeamBrinkz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they do it to get a darker look I believe.... ya'mean, so you can see the tint directly instead of thru the glass....... looks darker without being illegal?

just a guess
 10 years ago '05        #5
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
on the inside.

they dont put the tint on the outside, he just measures it and cuts in on the outside cause its easier to do on the outside.
 05-12-2008, 07:13 PM         #6
LikeToStuntAlot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kodak314 said:
on the inside.

they dont put the tint on the outside, he just measures it and cuts in on the outside cause its easier to do on the outside.
I watched that same show and he applied it to the outside of the window. he was using a little squeegee on the outside of the window to get rid of the soapy water.
 10 years ago '04        #7
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 LikeToStuntAlot said:
I watched that same show and he applied it to the outside of the window. he was using a little squeegee on the outside of the window to get rid of the soapy water.
Yeah, and I saw that black dude heat shrink a one piece for a rear window for a Benz. It was on the outside as well.
 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM         #8
tha_ape  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QualityRecords said:
Someone seriously put the tint on the outside of their windows?
what a dumb fu*k... you gotta put it inside so it doesnt get damaged. It wont be any darker.
 10 years ago '05        #9
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
yall mean on unique whips rite? i saw 1 episode were he put it on the outside but then took it off and put on my the inside. i think it was a benz

if he is keepin it on the outside, then thats very stupid
 05-12-2008, 11:36 PM         #10
aOdaChozen1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea i saw that same episode..dunno y he put it on the outside but it spose to go on the inside
 10 years ago '05        #11
dominicanlink12 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$2,756 | Props total: 2946 2946
they put it on the outside first to get it to size, then they take it off and put it on the inside...i saw the dude do my car, he works at a ford dealership, doin tints there, and i was a little confused when i saw him do all the preps to the outside first, then heat shrinking it outside, but then i was at ease when he put it inside..
 10 years ago '04        #12
JayR04 112 heat pts112
space
space
$10,943 | Props total: 5703 5703
on tha show, they prolly didnt show tha whole process. dont think they could be that dumb.
 10 years ago '04        #13
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,029 | Props total: 6088 6088
he had to just be measuring it because he woudlnt have a job as a tint guy if he put it on the outside of the window. Plus they have some high end clients so I'm not sure that would fly since it could easily be damaged.
 05-13-2008, 09:22 AM         #14
PHANTOM TWIN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've seen him do it on a couple of cars. I don't mean just measuring it, but spraying the outside, putting the tint on and using the squeegee to get the bubbles out.
 10 years ago '05        #15
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
 PHANTOM TWIN said:
The tint that was in my car when I bought it is on the inside but I noticed that the guy on that "Unique Customs" tv show applies it on the outside. Just asking because I'm going to have to replace mine soon because the edges are starting to peel.

Nah I think he does that to get the shape of the Window. A lot of cats do it that way then pill the backing off and apply the correct way. Check the youtube link >>>>
 05-13-2008, 10:42 PM         #16
thug_lyfe_05  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PHANTOM TWIN said:
I've seen him do it on a couple of cars. I don't mean just measuring it, but spraying the outside, putting the tint on and using the squeegee to get the bubbles out.
but thats the process of tinting. they have to do that to get exact measurements. the tint shop did the same exact thing you described on my car, then applied it on the inside. there would be no relevance to having tints on the outside of the window. only repercussions.
Home      

most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
123 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
272 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
62 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
63 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
112 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy